Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 13:53   #3061
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Thanks guys for the responses.
The daily driving would not be more than 20kms. And the car would be driven by my wife with kid on board.

That is the reason I dont want to spend high on features etc. Plus the car wont be with me for more than 3-4 years. So If I am buying a resale car for, lets say 1.5 lakhs today and selling it off at 75k after 3-4 years, I incur net loss of 75k i.e. approx. 20k per year. at 1500 pm for petrol (avg), I spend another 18k per year; totaling 38k-40k per year.

If I buy Alto K10 LXi for 3.3L now, and sell for 2L after 4 years, I am incurring loss of 30k per year + 18k for petrol. Plus EMI that I have to pay for the additional upfront cost. However, this gives me better car, new car and tension free days.

Am totally lost, the more I think on this. Earlier it was which car, now it is which car + old or new car.

Psss : Kisise Na Kehna : If I buy used car now, I am saving those addtional bucks for myself when I want to buy one for my self next year (smiley quota over). But thats another discussion. luckily my wife does not read T-bhp posts.
take a look at the non-k10 alto.
i believe the prices are under 3 lacs.
Would also suggest a second consideration of the spark, if opting for a k10 alto.
As far as a used car is concerned, try and stick to the first-choice kinda guys who will give some sort of warranty/coverage.
plus they would also guarantee am inspection which you or me could hardly get done independently.
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:02   #3062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Checked TrueValue and Firstchoice websites and the listing I saw was M-800 AC 2004/2005 model is 1.3 to 1.5 Lakhs and Alto 2008 is 1.9-2.2 Lakhs in Pune. Do you feel its justified or overpriced? I found it a bit more. Your opinion?
Usually True Value & First Choice prices will be slightly higher than market rates. That's because they do some servicing on the old car and change the worn out parts with MGP or genuine parts. I guess they also provide a 1 year warranty on the car.

From the website I see that there is almost a reduction of 1L on the Alto price. If you cant/dont want to afford a new car, you could buy this. Mind you a spark will have a lesser value but so will be the FE as well.

PS:: Alto generally has a very good re-sale, so the price looks decent to me. But you could still try to haggle a bit.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd June 2011 at 14:08.
Old 4th June 2011, 09:29   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for the responses.
The daily driving would not be more than 20kms. And the car would be driven by my wife with kid on board.

That is the reason I dont want to spend high on features etc. Plus the car wont be with me for more than 3-4 years. So If I am buying a resale car for, lets say 1.5 lakhs today and selling it off at 75k after 3-4 years, I incur net loss of 75k i.e. approx. 20k per year. at 1500 pm for petrol (avg), I spend another 18k per year; totaling 38k-40k per year.

If I buy Alto K10 LXi for 3.3L now, and sell for 2L after 4 years, I am incurring loss of 30k per year + 18k for petrol. Plus EMI that I have to pay for the additional upfront cost. However, this gives me better car, new car and tension free days.

Am totally lost, the more I think on this. Earlier it was which car, now it is which car + old or new car.

Psss : Kisise Na Kehna : If I buy used car now, I am saving those addtional bucks for myself when I want to buy one for my self next year (smiley quota over). But thats another discussion. luckily my wife does not read T-bhp posts.
Advait,

I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm all the more confused between a new car and a used one. I'm looking for a decent car with a minimum over all 'cost of ownership' over a period of 5yrs (Wagon R Duo is what I've zeroed in on yet). I'm inclined towards opting for a used car just because of the lesser initial costs. At the same time I'm tempted by the low maintenance costs & risk freedom and yes the 'all newness' that one gets from a new car!

But I'd suggest a used (2yrs 30K Km) Alto for you. You'd still sell it for a decent enough value after it did 70K Km. Altos are known for their reliability even after 6yrs and 80K km and least maintenance. And when its a used car, you should buy it in all cash and no EMIs, that saves a lot of peace of mind in though you might face a few hassles with it. When it comes to hassles, its more a matter of luck, a new car might run us into troubles just as much as a used one might.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:11   #3064
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys. I currently drive an Innova everyday for around 50kms totally in the city. Ever since the launch of the fortuner and more so after a fantastic mouth watering review by GTO, I have dreamt of owning one. But the 20+ L price tag somehow seemed a little too much. Also I started getting apprehensions whether I will be able to drive it in the city with as much ease as the Innova ( you can also call it more of me trying to convince myself of not buying it). Well so now my Innova has done around 80k kms and we have been planning to change it for a new one for the want of the airbags and ABS which my current Innova lack. Now I have come across a fortuner 2010 model, white colour, done only 9000 kms. The dealer who told me about it is a family friend and we trust him and he says the car is clean. The seller is asking for 18L.

And now the dilemma. 14L OTR for a brand new Innova vs an almost new Fortuner for 18L! what do you guys suggest? Is the price good for the above fortuner or is there some more room for bargaining. Also will driving a Fortuner be too much difficult inside the city?
Old 4th June 2011, 10:46   #3065
Distinguished - BHPian

How much can i expect for my spankingly maintained i10 Kappa Magna Variant (Nov 2008) done ONLY 10K kms ( Pics in my gallery)

I plan to sell it in Nov-2011 and expect to do not more than 2K kms additional. So in Nov-2011, it's odo reading should be 12K kms.

TIA for your replies.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:48   #3066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
What should be right price for 2008 Scorpio VLX M-Hawk, Rocky Beige color, done 60,000kms with service record, Captain seats, excellent condition, Gurgaon Registered, single owner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
7.0-7.5L should be a very good price considering it is Gurgaon, if it is the same vehicle in Bangalore it would fetch around 7.5-8L
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In BLR that 2008 Mhawk should fetch atleast 8-8.5 considering the OTR price in 2008 for the VLX was 12.5 odd Lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
A dealer would quote you roughly about 6-6.5 depending on the condition. But then rocky Beige isnt a hit with the Dealers up north had this been white or black you could easily expect another 25K. An individuval should offer you about 7ish tops. A friend bought a 2010 VLX black with 9k on the odo ten months old scorp for 9.2 last month. dealers had valued it at a max 8.75/ Hope that helps.
Finalised the sale and accepted token amount for sale at 7 lakh rupees to a car dealer. Hope the price is OK.
Old 4th June 2011, 14:50   #3067
BHPian

hi, today went and saw a 2009 EMT with 5600 kms done. The car has plati alloys, leather seats, lcd screen at the back etc.
TD'd the car and it drives good. Well maintained though there are dust inside due to no usage.
They are quoting 9.5 for the car. is this a fair deal? Please help.
Old 4th June 2011, 20:20   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
hi, today went and saw a 2009 EMT with 5600 kms done. The car has plati alloys, leather seats, lcd screen at the back etc.
TD'd the car and it drives good. Well maintained though there are dust inside due to no usage.
They are quoting 9.5 for the car. is this a fair deal? Please help.
Just an update more.

The owner of the vehicle is currently not in India and has entrusted his friend to make the deal. Can you please let me knowif this is possible, wherein a third person can make the deal to me by signing the papers?
Or what all papers should be signed by the original owner itself?
Old 4th June 2011, 21:11   #3069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Transfer Of Ownership form should be signed by the registered owner ; and all docs should be available.
Old 4th June 2011, 21:23   #3070
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How much can i expect for my spankingly maintained i10 Kappa Magna Variant (Nov 2008) done ONLY 10K kms ( Pics in my gallery)

I plan to sell it in Nov-2011 and expect to do not more than 2K kms additional. So in Nov-2011, it's odo reading should be 12K kms.
You should be able to command approx 3.5-3.6lacs ; and mentally prepare yourself to let her go for a few thousand less
Old 4th June 2011, 21:39   #3071
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys repeating my query. What will be a good price for a 2010 model fortuner run 9k kms? The seller is asking for 18L whereas carwale seems to suggest more in the line of 16-17L. Please help with your inputs.
Old 5th June 2011, 02:14   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Finalised the sale and accepted token amount for sale at 7 lakh rupees to a car dealer. Hope the price is OK.
Thats a good price you got for the scorpio Congrats..
Old 5th June 2011, 02:19   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys repeating my query. What will be a good price for a 2010 model fortuner run 9k kms? The seller is asking for 18L whereas carwale seems to suggest more in the line of 16-17L. Please help with your inputs.

When it comes to fortuners Carwale is dead wrong , buy it i would say i have a fortuner thats come to my workshop dealer bought complete Left side gone due to head on collision with a truck 7 months old 5k on the odo delhi registerd dealer bought it for 17 most probably will sell for 19 after all is set, hope that helps..
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 14:17   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Just an update more.

The owner of the vehicle is currently not in India and has entrusted his friend to make the deal. Can you please let me knowif this is possible, wherein a third person can make the deal to me by signing the papers?
confirm it's a genuine car as in delhi it's a common trick by dealers to hire someone on their behalf and sell the vehicle saying the same things like ur one, owner has gone abroad, it's my company car, it's my brother car etc etc. it fetched them better value.
i would suggest talk to owner on phone just to be more sure
Old 5th June 2011, 15:03   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
You should be able to command approx 3.5-3.6lacs ; and mentally prepare yourself to let her go for a few thousand less
Are you sure!?!
So in that case, if I sell my aug 2010 i10, same model as mobike008, I can get 4 lakh???
Just testing waters, to know what my vehicle is worth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks