Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 17:54   #3076
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Are you sure!?!
So in that case, if I sell my aug 2010 i10, same model as mobike008, I can get 4 lakh???
Just testing waters, to know what my vehicle is worth.
the value of the car that I have fixed is an estimate; if you really want to test what your vehicle is worth,please put up an ad and see what responses you get
Old 5th June 2011, 21:09   #3077

hi all, i am in the market looking for a diesel car with a budget of 3.5 lacs.What are my options ? my first choice would be a swift but am also open to other vehicles. i'm based in bangalore.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:12   #3078
BHPian

checked out a Oct-2002 Honda City 1.5 Exi AT. Third Owner and 79000 Kms done. Suspension, O2 Sensor, Battery, Belts was changed recently. Asking Price was 199000 and the owner finally came down to 185000. Did not pursue that further even though car was in very good condition.

then checked out a Nov-2002 Manufactured (registered on 30-12-2002) second owner Honda City Vtec with 57000 kms on ODO. Test drove it and it just blew my mind away with its responsiveness. Got it inspected at local Honda Dealership and they gave a go ahead. Asking Price was 235000, finally struck the deal at 215000 + Insurance (7668) + Ownership Transfer (8000 ).

Both cars located in Mumbai.
Old 5th June 2011, 22:20   #3079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katapult View Post
hi all, i am in the market looking for a diesel car with a budget of 3.5 lacs.What are my options ? my first choice would be a swift but am also open to other vehicles. i'm based in bangalore.
Its higly unlikely you will find a diesel Swift / Ritz for less that 4-4.5L. The best bet for you will be a Palio MJD or Palio 1.9 for 2.5L or Lancer Diesel for that price. If you are lucky, you might find some Getz CRDis / high mileage Elantra also for the price.

The other options will be the Accent CRDi / Ikon 1.8 but I would advise against it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th June 2011 at 22:23.
Old 6th June 2011, 09:35   #3080
BHPian

Hi All,
I have a budget of max 4L. Can i get a Safari Dicor 3.0 4x4 in this budget?
Old 6th June 2011, 10:41   #3081
BHPian

Pls advise a good price for a broker selling decent condition Mitsubishi Cedia Select (basic variant) Apr '08 22K KM's, 1st Owner, 3rd party insurance, standard accessories in Bengaluru?
Old 6th June 2011, 15:24   #3082
BHPian

Hello all,
Today the local Skoda sales guy called. ( I had called last week enquiring about new Laura tsi ). It seems they have their MD 's Laura tsi for sale.it is a 2009 Laura 1.8 tsi ambiente ,silver colour ,done 25177 kms .they asking 9 Lakh. I specifically asked if it was a TD vehicle,and he said no. Your suggestions and advice please.thanks in advance.
Old 6th June 2011, 15:50   #3083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hello all,
Today the local Skoda sales guy called. ( I had called last week enquiring about new Laura tsi ). It seems they have their MD 's Laura tsi for sale.it is a 2009 Laura 1.8 tsi ambiente ,silver colour ,done 25177 kms .they asking 9 Lakh. I specifically asked if it was a TD vehicle,and he said no. Your suggestions and advice please.thanks in advance.
I have come across these so called "MD owned" vehicles for sale from car dealerships. 99.99% they are TD vehicles.

How do I know? I have worked with a leading automobile dealer in kerala for
a while and 3 of these type of deals have happened right infront my eyes!

Best part is, you would not be able to prove them wrong!

Last edited by aa_asif : 6th June 2011 at 15:55.
aa_asif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 16:38   #3084
BHPian

How much can i expect for my decently maintained Santro Xing XG (Nov 2004) done 90K kms. I plan to sell it in a week.

It has key less entry, gear lock, Sony audio system with 4 speakers, new tyres, insurance till next month. The car interiors and exteriors are pretty good considering its age.

TIA for your replies.
Old 6th June 2011, 17:50   #3085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
My humble advise: Stay away from it.

TD vehicles are registered in the name of the 'MD' most times. Again, IIRC, the car was launched in '09 and that's when a showrooms have TD vehicles. So more reason to stay away. Search well, and you can get some nice deals on Skoda petrol's.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 18:02   #3086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It seems they have their MD 's Laura tsi for sale.it is a 2009 Laura 1.8 tsi ambiente ,silver colour ,done 25177 kms .
Guess others have made a strong case against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
I have come across these so called "MD owned" vehicles for sale from car dealerships. 99.99% they are TD vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
TD vehicles are registered in the name of the 'MD' most times.
Agree with your reasoning; but isn't 25177 an awfully huge odo reading for a TD vehicle?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 18:16   #3087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Agree with your reasoning; but isn't 25177 an awfully huge odo reading for a TD vehicle?
~25k in two years is about ~1000kms in a month. Actually, it too low for a TD vehicle, but considering the low demand for petrol vehicles in Kerala, its justified.

Last time I saw the odo of the TD Figo Diesel at PVS Ford Calicut, it was at ~30-35k kms, and its been just an year.
Old 6th June 2011, 18:21   #3088

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Its higly unlikely you will find a diesel Swift / Ritz for less that 4-4.5L. The best bet for you will be a Palio MJD or Palio 1.9 for 2.5L or Lancer Diesel for that price. If you are lucky, you might find some Getz CRDis / high mileage Elantra also for the price.

The other options will be the Accent CRDi / Ikon 1.8 but I would advise against it.
@swiftnfurious Thanks you for your input, any particular reason against the Accent ? although I too would prefer a smaller car here..driving one would be tough in bangalore traffic. If i up my budget to 4L , what options do i have ?
Old 6th June 2011, 18:36   #3089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
How much can i expect for my decently maintained Santro Xing XG (Nov 2004) done 90K kms. I plan to sell it in a week.

It has key less entry, gear lock, Sony audio system with 4 speakers, new tyres, insurance till next month. The car interiors and exteriors are pretty good considering its age.

TIA for your replies.
I have been offered 1.55L by HMP Delhi for a Delhi regd, single owner, Jan 2005 made White Santro Xing XG with 132k km on odo.

My car has been used by my dad in Punjab. Always serviced on time, all fluids, filters, belts etc changed as per Hyundai schedule. Maintained very well, driven very sedately. No dents, just minor scratches here and there. No accidents, no insurance claim ever.

Clutch, battery and tires changed 6 months 10k km's back. Everything else is stock.

So if your car is very well maintained I think you can expect about the same. Hope this helps.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 22:47   #3090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katapult View Post
@swiftnfurious Thanks you for your input, any particular reason against the Accent ? although I too would prefer a smaller car here..driving one would be tough in bangalore traffic. If i up my budget to 4L , what options do i have ?
High mileage Accent CRDis [>85,000 kms] are known to have some issues. There are some owners who have touch wood cars too. But why take a chance. And all those issues are very expensive to repair as well.

Even if you raise the budget, these will be the general options you have. At 4L, you might be able to find some Swift Ds or Ritz Ds. You might want to start scouting the market [start with t-bhp classifieds, I have seen some Getz / Elantra Ds in that section] and will get a feel of it in some days. I would say just search and see some cars initially and you should be understanding the market & prices and it will help you pick a nice car for the price. After all what we read here is theoretical knowledge.

Edit
:: You might find some cars from TATA stable too for that price, but as everyone says, niggles could be a part of the package. I would suggest the Vista Quadrajet of the lot.

PS:: Hey just on the otherside, why dont you wait for the Beat D. It might be available if you slightly extend your budget! And it should be a much safer bet as you can have a new car and the finance options should be good too.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 6th June 2011 at 22:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks