Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 23:55   #3091
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi All, how much can be expected from a 2005 For Ikon Flair 1.3, some anniversary edition , around 55k on Odo and second owner? The car is very good condition and the insurance also being recently paid. One of my friend is planning to sell his car but not sure about the price to quote. I told him that 2.3-2.5L could be a good price but I'm not sure (couple of months back saw few ikons in the similar price range). Please help..
Old 10th June 2011, 08:26   #3092
BHPian

Came across a Civic HYBRID, 2008, 30K kms, 2nd Owner, Chennai.

Test driven the vehicle.
Seems to be a good one, except for a mild hizing noice for few seconds during the stop and go. The owner said, that is the battery recharge start indication.

Asking price is 9L.

What could be a reasonable price?
Old 10th June 2011, 09:51   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post

Test driven the vehicle.
Seems to be a good one, except for a mild hizing noice for few seconds during the stop and go. The owner said, that is the battery recharge start indication.

Asking price is 9L.

I think the OTR price of the car when it was sold was around 25 lakhs, unless he got it in the promo offer later on where i think it was closer to 15 lakhs. But whatever the price the resale value will ultimately depend on the final price the car was sold at. I think you might have a bit more scope for negotiation, given that its three years old now. 8.5 lakhs would be a good price IMHO (depending on the condition, get it checked at an authorized Honda service centre first)
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 10:48   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
I think the OTR price of the car when it was sold was around 25 lakhs, unless he got it in the promo offer later on where i think it was closer to 15 lakhs. But whatever the price the resale value will ultimately depend on the final price the car was sold at. I think you might have a bit more scope for negotiation, given that its three years old now. 8.5 lakhs would be a good price IMHO (depending on the condition, get it checked at an authorized Honda service centre first)
In my scan across team bhp, I could see no one except the one mysterious company bought Hybrid at the promo/discounted offer rate of 13.65L, showroom.
And am not aware of that mysterious company!!
Old 10th June 2011, 11:08   #3095
BHPian

Quote:

Test driven the vehicle.

Asking price is 9L.

Was scanning through the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ld-out-13.html.

Stuck with GTO's comment, "The Civic Hybrid, to me, doesn't make sense AT ANY PRICE POINT".

Yet to see a ownership thread or so...

Last edited by KumaravelS : 10th June 2011 at 11:09. Reason: punctuations
Old 10th June 2011, 11:25   #3096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
I have the Registration copy..

Registered in Nov 2008, with life time tax 1,08,240/-

Confused. In TN, the Lifetime tax from June, 2008 is 15% for 10L+ and 10% for 10L-.
Based on above LT tax, the showroom cost would be 7,21,600Rs (15%)
or 10,82,400Rs (10%).

Even if the Showroom price was was 13,65,000Rs the LT would be 2,04,750Rs (15%) or 1,36,500Rs (10%).

If it was brought at 21L then 3,15,000(15%) or 2,10,000(10%)

There is one special clause as per State Transport site State Transport Authority.
4% LT tax for battery operated car.
If Hybrid qualifies for that, then the LT of 1,08,240/- translates to 27,06,000Rs which still beats me.

The Showroom price at launch time seems to be 21.5L and LT tax of 1,08,240Rs translates to 5% LT tax for this vehicle.

Do anyone have further clarification?
Old 10th June 2011, 11:57   #3097
BHPian

Quote:

Test driven the vehicle.

Asking price is 9L.

The specs as per the Registration is
CC : 1799 (same as normal Civic)
Power : 132 BHP (again same as normal civic).

This is in contrast with the specs of Hybrid Compare Honda Civic Hybrid CVT vs Honda Civic 1.8V AT - CarWale

Could be a error while registering. If I pursue this one, would cross check with the Hybrid Manual book.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:19   #3098
BHPian

Surprised not getting a response. Appreciate some inputs here... I looked at the car and verified the service history (SVR Motors deserve credit), looks and feels good to drive (kanjoos broker had almost no gas left). Since the car was on company lease, the insurance was 3rd party but had expired last month. I kind of like the car.

Broker quoted 6.39L OTR (6.25L + 10k commission + 4k transfer). I offerred 5.75L + 1% brokerage + Rs.500 transfer (personal experience of my scooter requiring only Rs. 335 and I recon the car transfer was expensive by just Rs.65, if within same RTO). We couldnt come to a conslusion, so I walked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Pls advise a good price for a broker selling decent condition Mitsubishi Cedia Select (basic variant) Apr '08 22K KM's, 1st Owner, 3rd party insurance, standard accessories in Bengaluru?
Old 10th June 2011, 13:21   #3099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Surprised not getting a response. Appreciate some inputs here... I looked at the car and verified the service history (SVR Motors deserve credit), looks and feels good to drive (kanjoos broker had almost no gas left). Since the car was on company lease, the insurance was 3rd party but had expired last month. I kind of like the car.

Broker quoted 6.39L OTR (6.25L + 10k commission + 4k transfer). I offerred 5.75L + 1% brokerage + Rs.500 transfer (personal experience of my scooter requiring only Rs. 335 and I recon the car transfer was expensive by just Rs.65, if within same RTO). We couldnt come to a conslusion, so I walked out!
The OTR price back then was around 9.5 lakh only. Considering a 15% depreciation per year for three years it works out to 5.83 lakhs. But with all the price increases since then, the price of all cars has gone up by 10-15%. For example, the Civic S MT used to around 13 lakh OTR back then, now its over 14 lakh. So considering the increase in price, 6.4 lakhs is not that high to be honest. Obviously do try to negotiate, let the broker get back to you with his revised quote and try to settle for something around 6 lakhs. Used Cedia's are hard to come by, and if you really like one, you should go for it.
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 16:42   #3100
BHPian

Those who have recently bought a used car or sold their car, please update the details in the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/assemb...tatistics.html

Last edited by KumaravelS : 10th June 2011 at 16:43. Reason: Proper url linking
Old 10th June 2011, 17:04   #3101
BHPian

Is there any depreciation thumb rule for number of ownership available?

Though this has to work in with brand value and hence its depreciation %, is there a range in which the market operates?

For e.g.

First year 5 - 15 % for first owners add 5-10% more for second owners,
Second year 10 - 20 % for first owner, add 5-10% for second, 10-15% for third

etc?
Old 12th June 2011, 21:42   #3102
Senior - BHPian

My dad has at last decided to sell his 2001 M800 std.
With me out of town for quite a while, its neither possible nor required to maintain 2 cars.
The details are:

Car Year Aug 2001
Make Maruti
Model 800
Version STD BSII
Kms/City 47000+ / Kolkata

Carwale shows the following valuations:

Car Condition Excellent Good Fair
Car Value (Rs.) 85,500 80,300 67,000

Is this a correct valuation? My dad is getting offers around 50K - but i believe the car is worth more than that.
Please advise.

Last edited by blackasta : 12th June 2011 at 21:54.
Old 12th June 2011, 21:50   #3103
BHPian

Hey guys,

i own a SX4 ZXI 2007, done 30k kms. How much can i expect for my car ?
I understand that resale value is not exactly the SX4 strong points, though being a matuti n all. Car has full service history . If other SX4 owners can enlighten me , It would be really helpful !

Cheers !
Vibhu
Old 12th June 2011, 21:50   #3104
BHPian

Now that I've the cash in my bank, I went around Hyderabad looking for a decent LPG hatch that won’t burn too much into my pocket. I'd earlier zeroed in on a used WagonR Duo, but having seen what’s available for around 2,80,000lakhs, now the Santro Eco and an Alto too came under my radar.

So here's the data:

1. WagonR Duo - 2006 – Maroon - 56000Km - Rs. 2,77,000 - Dr.Car Hyd – Tires need urgent replacement. Test drove it in the Dr.Car yard; gears were real hard to shift, too many rattling sounds. Did not like it much.

2. WagonR Duo – 2007 – Dark green - 34,000Km – Rs.3,10,000 – Maruti True value – The car looked OK in green color with new seat covers from True Value. Car-wale evaluation says Rs.2,54,000 if it’s in an excellent condition. If I haggle a bit, the price might come to 2,95,000. But I’m confused if the 1yr Warranty + 3services that Truevalue provides are worth a premium of around 40,000?

3. Santro Eco – 2008/2009 (did not note this well) - Black – 28,000KM – Rs.3,30,000 – Hyundai Advantage –no dents and minor scratches, pretty clean interiors too. The car looked really promising: black color, 1yr Warranty + 3services et al. This deal would need me to stretch my budget by around Rs50,000. Given that a brand new Santro Eco comes for Rs.4,67,000, I’m not really sure if this were a good bargain.

4. Alto LXi – 2009 – Brown – 15,000Km – Rs.2,00,000 – Dad’s friend is its second owner and did not use it for more than 10,000 Km. Minor dents, sure looks like a 2yr old car. The car isn’t LPG and neither does it have the space or power that a WagonR or Santro provides, and it would be a bit of a compromise.

Yet, this deal seems really tempting for quite a few reasons:
[FONT=Calibri]a. [/FONT]a. Carwale evaluation for a 15000Km driven 2009AltoLXi –is around 2,50,000. It doesn’t take the number of previous owners into consideration though.
b. We’d buy this from a close acquaintance and hassles of ownership transfer would be real easy.
[FONT=Calibri]c. [/FONT]c. I’d save around Rs.80,000 in which I could get an LPG kit for around 25,000 and tuck away the rest of my hard earned money into some other investments!!

So dear gurus of TeamBHP, what do you say about the Santro Eco (#3 above) and what about the Alto (#4 above)?
Old 13th June 2011, 01:23   #3105
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I'm kind of torn apart in deciding to go for a New Innova or a second hand T-Fort.

Please advice if it is sensible to go in for a used Fortuner (I see a few advertisements in the newspaper for low mileage not-so-old Fortuners). I have yet to call the advertisers, but wanted to know how much it would cost? An advertisement in today's newspaper had a Fortuner 2010 Nov registered, 5K kms on the odo, white, fancy number and anniversary edition. What would be the expected price?

I asked my good friend working for Lanson. He advised me to go in for a New Innova.

I own a 2004 H4 AT Corolla, well maintained and run for 33 K kms. How much can I sell it for?
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks