Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 09:45   #3136
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

[quote=swiftnfurious;2393982]An SX4 ZXi in Bangy should get more than that I guess. The basic reason is the highest RT in Bangalore.

Thank for your reply. I managed a better deal yesterday. Sold my August 2007 Maruti Suzuki SX4 ZXi for 4.20L. I think its a good deal considering the car's mileage and the soaring petrol prices.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:01   #3137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathreddyt View Post
There were a few small issues with the car in its present condition but the dealer said he'd get them all fixed in the service today.

So what do you say about the deal?
what are these few small issues that you refer to?
Old 17th June 2011, 12:45   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Yeah for sure will check O2 sensor, since it also costs a bomb if kaput. ANd i heard there has been most issues with low RPM jerk and all with pre-02 OHC models. Are you aware of any known issue with 03 models too and in general ohc. Will check all the service records too.
Yep, O2 sensor in Honda A.S.S would cost 18K Rs, but can be easily sourced from elsewhere for 1/4th of the price.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2390554

Except for the low RPM jerks, which is felt at first n second gear, and very low ground clearence, (though 170mm, but one can easily scrap the unscientifc roadhumps of BLR) and also the Crankcase oil sump is placed very low and it's very delicate part , apart from these there aren't any known issues whatsoever for an OHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
still chasing my long time dream to own and drive a vintage Honda of those time and even now. I am only interested in Type II OHC (00-03) and very particular in golden color with beige interiors That charm is lost after any model launched by City I believe.
Hope it doesn't remain a dream forever.
Make it happen soon,... Remember OHC type-2 are selling like hot cakes these days.
Checkout classic automobiles at Jaynagar Near Ashoka pillar, he had 2 OHC's (one Vtec other 1.3). Price was quoted slightly high, but negotiable I feel. I had been around a week back.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:24   #3139
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: To Laura or not to skoda ???

Forgive me but with a budget of 8.5 lacs you should get a very decent (new/used) diesel sedan. The Vento TDI in trendline trim lacks basic safety features which is a bummer but if you can live with that, it feels just like a Laura only a little smaller. And the engine is a gem. Have you looked at that?

edit: I checked on carwale and the OTR in Chennai for VW Vento diesel TL is 9.16 lac. My bad!

Last edited by noopster : 17th June 2011 at 15:26.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:36   #3140
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread- Laura 1.8

Hi guys, am looking to buy a used Laura 1.8 petrol (new shape). I have been offered a car which is 1yr 9mo old with 12.5k on the odo @ 12L. My counter offer was 10-10.5L. Is this a good rate? Drove the car today, feels immaculate. The only wear and tear is on the steering wheel, where the leather between '10' and '2' is worn. Apart from that, the owner has put in full Stanley leather and a rear spoiler. Am going to decide on the purchase within the next 2 days so please help!

Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 15:37   #3141
BHPian

A Skoda and that too a used car. That isn't a very confidence inspiring combination. With the exception of superior build quality, there is not much in favour of a used Skoda. You might as well look at a used or a new diesel car in a lower segment. A used Magnum Optra maybe. The new Fiesta D or the entry level Vento TDi are other options.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:37   #3142
Senior - BHPian

Between the two, I would go for the Octi (06 L&K) for sure. Its more of a drivers car, minus the (unnecessary) gizmos added in the Laura.

If the porblems you mentioned in the Laura can be taken care of by the dealer, then it should do good.

Do get both of them checked thoroughly, as the running on both of them are quite high.

Also to add to Noopsters comment, I second the idea of a Vento. If not a brand new one, you could find a relatively new (used) Vento in that budget for sure.

Oh yes, Welcome to the crazy world of Autoholics!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 15:57   #3143
Distinguished - BHPian

What's the on road price in bangalore as of today? If it's a clean piece with full history, I would say 75% of the on-road would be good. May be 80% - for this "out of this world" engine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Hi guys, am looking to buy a used Laura 1.8 petrol (new shape). I have been offered a car which is 1yr 9mo old with 12.5k on the odo @ 12L. My counter offer was 10-10.5L. Is this a good rate? Drove the car today, feels immaculate. The only wear and tear is on the steering wheel, where the leather between '10' and '2' is worn. Apart from that, the owner has put in full Stanley leather and a rear spoiler. Am going to decide on the purchase within the next 2 days so please help!

Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 16:00   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
What's the on road price in bangalore as of today? If it's a clean piece with full history, I would say 75% of the on-road would be good. May be 80% - for this "out of this world" engine...
On road, TAFE is offering it at around 15.5L afer 1L cash discount and with very little negotiation. Im sure i could knock off another 50k from that figure plus extras like mats, tints, etc. Therefore 11L for the car im looking at should be fair?
Old 17th June 2011, 16:09   #3145
BHPian

You'll have to get insurance also as its gonna expire in 3 months, thats another 20-25k there. Its 15.5L after cash discount? I thought ex showoom is only 11.99? And they had lots of offers going on in the last few years.

If true onroad price is 15.5L, and we take depreciation at 15% per year it comes to 11.2L. So 11L is an ok price but obviously do try and negotiate further, depending on how desperate the seller is. 10.5-10.75 would be a good deal. Also is it possible to buy the extended warranty of 2 years now? Highly recommended that you do.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:11   #3146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On road, TAFE is offering it at around 15.5L afer 1L cash discount and with very little negotiation. Im sure i could knock off another 50k from that figure plus extras like mats, tints, etc. Therefore 11L for the car im looking at should be fair?
Sounds good - may be 11.5 if all is OK...BTW, check the idling fuel consumption without A/C - it should show 0.7L/100KM or 0.8L/100KM, while with A/C, it should be around 1.2L/100KM.

All the best!
Old 17th June 2011, 16:17   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
You'll have to get insurance also as its gonna expire in 3 months, thats another 20-25k there. Its 15.5L after cash discount? I thought ex showoom is only 11.99? And they had lots of offers going on in the last few years.

If true onroad price is 15.5L, and we take depreciation at 15% per year it comes to 11.2L. So 11L is an ok price but obviously do try and negotiate further, depending on how desperate the seller is. 10.5-10.75 would be a good deal. Also is it possible to buy the extended warranty of 2 years now? Highly recommended that you do.
Assumed insurance was lifetime- will check on that one, thanks. Will also check with TAFE and Vinayak on extended warranty as mentioned. Thanks!

Quote:
Sounds good - may be 11.5 if all is OK...BTW, check the idling fuel consumption without A/C - it should show 0.7L/100KM or 0.8L/100KM, while with A/C, it should be around 1.2L/100KM.

All the best!
Idling fuel consumption was bang-on when i checked. Thanks for the advice!

Will await the owners counter-offer and decide. Will keep you posted!
Old 17th June 2011, 16:23   #3148
BHPian

Quote:
Assumed insurance was lifetime- will check on that one, thanks. Will also check with TAFE and Vinayak on extended warranty as mentioned. Thanks!

Idling fuel consumption was bang-on when i checked. Thanks for the advice!

Will await the owners counter-offer and decide. Will keep you posted!
Road tax is lifetime, insurance has to be renewed every year. Let us know on the counter offer and extended warranty info.

And for the third year insurance make sure you go for a zero depreciation policy. It'll cost you 20-30% more than standard insurance but is worth it
Old 17th June 2011, 16:46   #3149
BHPian

Shift to a diesel !

i am currently owning a 2006 (07 regd) Baleno vxi with 70k on the odo. It has Sequential LPG fitment and gives aroun 9kmpl in city with ac. My running earlier was on an average 1200kms per month. Now it has increased to abt 3000 kms pm owing to my travel from sainikpuri to gachibowli daily !!

I am thinking of shifting over to a diesel commute and more interested in an upgrade of sorts. Not ready to invest in a new diesel, i was looking at our classifieds and found a used Hyundai Elantra (2nd owner selling) for 3,85,000/- from pune (2005 model), white, done 75k (1st owner a doc did 50k it seems), no major accidents.

The vehicle will be used in hyd with most of the driving in city & occassional highway usage. Not looking at hatchbacks bcoz i find my baleno seats quite comfy when compared to my dad's punto. I somehow have a liking towards Tuscan, Elantra & lancer ( all models with no resale value !).

Now, How much can i expect for my baleno ( i am the 2nd owner, owning it since it was 5000 kms old) complete service history available & no major accidents, fresh tyres & battery with warranty?

at the same time, how much can i pay for a used elantra that i have listed above ? is it a viable alternative ? any guidance is appreciated
Old 17th June 2011, 18:45   #3150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

All the best!
Oops, I meant 0.7L/h or 0.8L/h, while with A/C, it should be around 1.2L/h. Sorry for the typo. (instanteneous FE changes meter to "per hour" during idling).

Glad that you have already checked this and found OK.

BTW, if the owner has upgraded to stanley leather seats, then don't forget that before you negotiate too hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks