Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2011, 19:24   #3211
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Fiesta 1.6 S: Model Dec 2008, Platinum Colour with 10.3K on the ODO.

Asking price is 4.6 lacs. Has a few scratches on the door and the boot. Both the bumpers and the side skirts also have scratches( Looks like it being driven by a lady).

Is the price Ok for an S as they are very rare to find here in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:22   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

Asking price is 4.6 lacs. Has a few scratches on the door and the boot. Both the bumpers and the side skirts also have scratches( Looks like it being driven by a lady).

Thanks in advance.
The price is good. You can go for it if the car is in good condition. The mileage is extremely low for a 3.5 year old car. Just make sure that it is not left unused for extended periods of time.

If you are not going for it, please let me know and provide the phone number of the owner. My cousin is looking for a used Fiesta S for quite some time. He is interested in checking it out.

Regards,
Mohan.
umvarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:31   #3213
BHPian

Finally completed the deal: Bought my Jun 2009 Laura 1.8 TSi Ambiente with 5.9k on the odo for 11.25L all incl. I feel i got good value given the condition of the car was like new, and by chance we knew the previous owner, who had barely used the car. Clear history and comprehensive insurance included.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:38   #3214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
The price is good. You can go for it if the car is in good condition. The mileage is extremely low for a 3.5 year old car. Just make sure that it is not left unused for extended periods of time.

If you are not going for it, please let me know and provide the phone number of the owner. My cousin is looking for a used Fiesta S for quite some time. He is interested in checking it out.

Regards,
Mohan.
Getting the car evaluated at the *** today. Will updated the status once it is done. Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:48   #3215
BHPian

I have a Logan 1.6 GLS and it has done 19800 Kms. I purchased it in April, 2008. I need to sell it. How much can I expect for it?
Old 12th July 2011, 13:02   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
I have a Logan 1.6 GLS and it has done 19800 Kms. I purchased it in April, 2008. I need to sell it. How much can I expect for it?
My first thought was somewhere around 2.5-3 lakhs, depending on the condition. I just checked Carwale and as per them, if sold to a dealer and in good condition the price is 2,97,800
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 13:03   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post

Thanks in advance.
That is a good price for a Fiesta S. They are very hard to come by so if you like it and the condition is good then go for it! Else let me know and i'll go for it
Old 12th July 2011, 14:35   #3218
BHPian

New Honda Jazz costs around 2L less on road

Honda had slazhed the price of New Jazz by 1.75L (showroom). That translates to be a great news used car buyers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...jazz-well.html

If you are lookin for a used car in the range of 5~7 lacs, better go for a new Jazz, or use the news to bargain hard !!

It should atleast push the used car rates down by atleast 50k of similar price, than what it was yesterday.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:21   #3219
BHPian

Just found this on carwale Used 2002 Honda Accord 2.3 VTi MT (D279838) for sale in Pune - CarWale
Haven't seen the car in person yet, but the condition looks pretty good. I did notice that the left headlamp is fogged up, possibly changed after an accident?
Would it make sense to purchase this model of the Accord? Parts, maintenance. The car would be driven only on weekends.
Old 12th July 2011, 20:44   #3220
Senior - BHPian

I have a M800 2000 make done 72k on odo. Have fitted A/c from MASS couple of years back. Please advice if I would get a good value selling it stand alone or in the exchange offer / loyalty. Also what price can I expect in Blr?
Old 12th July 2011, 21:00   #3221
BHPian

I'm getting a December 2009 Civic VMT run 27000 kms with extended warranty for 8.75 L. Hows the deal?
Old 14th July 2011, 09:03   #3222
BHPian

Guys, I'm planning to sell my Punto as I'm moving abroad. The following are the details.

Make - Punto Diesel, Aug 2009
Variant - Active
Km run - 45,000
Accessories - Basic accessories, Pioneer HU, JBL comps and coaxials

How much should I expect for my baby?

EDIT: The city I'm going to sell my car is Chennai.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:03   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Just found this on carwale Used 2002 Honda Accord 2.3 VTi MT (D279838) for sale in Pune - CarWale
Haven't seen the car in person yet, but the condition looks pretty good. I did notice that the left headlamp is fogged up, possibly changed after an accident?
Would it make sense to purchase this model of the Accord? Parts, maintenance. The car would be driven only on weekends.
This is a car that is two generations old (the current one which appeared around 2008 and the previous one which came in around 2004) and you are bound to have maintenance/parts issues because unlike OHC not many of these were sold. Unless you really want an old Honda Accord I would stay away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
I have a M800 2000 make done 72k on odo. Have fitted A/c from MASS couple of years back. Please advice if I would get a good value selling it stand alone or in the exchange offer / loyalty. Also what price can I expect in Blr?
Your best bet is seeling it to a known person rather than to a dealer or Maruti true value. Even if you go for an exchange/loyalty bonus I feel Maruti true value will value the car low to begin with. In Bangalore you may expect something around 80k if the car is well kept and if sold to a known person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
I'm getting a December 2009 Civic VMT run 27000 kms with extended warranty for 8.75 L. Hows the deal?
If the car has full service history and is pristine then it looks like a good deal. Honda is going crazy with new car prices though. If Civic is next in line (good possibility since the current Civic is nearing the end of its life-cycle) then ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys, I'm planning to sell my Punto as I'm moving abroad. The following are the details.

Make - Punto Diesel, Aug 2009
Variant - Active
Km run - 45,000
Accessories - Basic accessories, Pioneer HU, JBL comps and coaxials

How much should I expect for my baby?

EDIT: The city I'm going to sell my car is Chennai.
I would expect somewhere around 3.75 for it.

Last edited by Cesc : 14th July 2011 at 11:06.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:12   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
If the car has full service history and is pristine then it looks like a good deal. Honda is going crazy with new car prices though. If Civic is next in line (good possibility since the current Civic is nearing the end of its life-cycle) then ....
The car has complete service history and is scratchless in condition. However I have found out that there was an insurance claim on the car for the front and rear bumper for Rs. 34k. The service advisor did say that no major components were replaced. Something seems fishy?
Old 14th July 2011, 12:03   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Cesc, thats actually the best price I have heard recently, since the market is quoting much lesser. The reason cited that M800 is defunct in the major metros including Blr due to the BS4 norms, the prices in my town seems to have crashed (at least in the dealers eyes).

I am not sure of selling it off to a know person as the end result may be the same (as it will be hard to bargain). I had heard of a M800 club in Blr. Anyone has any idea of its existance? I am wondering if there may be enquiries hitting the ears of these folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

Your best bet is seeling it to a known person rather than to a dealer or Maruti true value. Even if you go for an exchange/loyalty bonus I feel Maruti true value will value the car low to begin with. In Bangalore you may expect something around 80k if the car is well kept and if sold to a known person.

Most Viewed