Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 12:45   #3271
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
HI,
What should be price for Fiesta 1.6 SXI 2006 model, single owner done about 46k. Dealer is offering 1 year warranty. Car is registered in Vashi. Dealer quoting about 3 lakhs. I feel going by new launch and the current discount on the classic range it should be around 2.5 lakhs.The logic is that though it's an excellent driver car ( and that's why I'm planning for it) but still 1.6 is considered low on FE and doesn't have excellent resale value.
I'll need to get the car registered at Mumbai hence need to make provision for octroi also. Experts please advice.
Good drivers car - Check
Low on FE, check(but mostly due to the point above)
With a light foot, and decent driving manners, youll be able to push it up by a couple of KMPL more, but trust me, that sensibility will be lost when you take her out, FE be damned)
3 lac- good price? Check.
Bad resale value - Check.Isnt that why you are able to get for 3 lacs...
Use it till you plan to move on.youll get more than your money's worth.

Bombay's used car prices are what, about 10-20% more than delhi?
then its fine.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:03   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
Hi All, This is my first post on T-BHP. I am in the process of finalizing my first car and had narrowed it down to the i20(magna) and the new swift(vxi). I am now waiting for the new swift to come out so that I can make a final decision. My budget is around 5.5 on road.
I came across a i20(sports) which is available for sale. It is a 2011 model driven just 3100 km and is in excellent condition. The owner is willing to let it go for around 5.25.
What do you guys think. Is this a good deal. Should I take this car or go for a new car.
Is this a diesel or petrol?
If you are unaware of the i20 steering rattles issues, please search here on tbhp. Just to warn you such issues exist. You may want to verify this before buying any i20 (new or preowned).
Old 25th July 2011, 14:20   #3273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Is this a diesel or petrol?
If you are unaware of the i20 steering rattles issues, please search here on tbhp. Just to warn you such issues exist. You may want to verify this before buying any i20 (new or preowned).

This is a petrol model. I am aware of the i20 rattling issues. I have read the i20 reviews posted here. However what I gathered from there was that this issue has been rectified by Hyundai in the 2011 models. Does the issue still exist. I will check with the owner for the exact manufacturing date.
Old 25th July 2011, 14:30   #3274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishs View Post
This is a petrol model. I am aware of the i20 rattling issues. I have read the i20 reviews posted here. However what I gathered from there was that this issue has been rectified by Hyundai in the 2011 models. Does the issue still exist. I will check with the owner for the exact manufacturing date.
From what we hear and see, no.
The issue has been reported in 2011 models too.

Some info about the rattle and Hyundai's response (or lack of it) here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ership-12.html

I dont remember which page it is on, but there is a video that you can hear this sound clearly (this is not a 2011 model).
Old 27th July 2011, 06:37   #3275
BHPian

There are 2 used cars for sale.
Linea T-Jet Plus, 1st owner, run 6K kms, non accidental for 8L, reason for sale going abroad.
Ford fiesta 1.6s, 2nd owner, run 34K Kms, non accidental from ford assured for 4.5L.
Which is the best buy?
Old 27th July 2011, 08:42   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Linea T-Jet Plus, 1st owner, run 6K kms, non accidental for 8L, reason for sale going abroad.
Ford fiesta 1.6s, 2nd owner, run 34K Kms, non accidental from ford assured for 4.5L.
Which is the best buy?
Try negotiating more for the T-Jet . I assume the Fiesta 1.6S is a 2009/10 model? Since its a second owner i advice you stay away from it inspite of a decent price . Go for the T-jet !
Old 28th July 2011, 23:22   #3277

Found online July 2010 Fiat linea petrol 1.4 emotion pack ,5000 kms,thane regn asking price 6.75 lac has come down to 6 lac. car in very good condition.What should be the max I can offer.I enquired with the dealer about fair value.they gave estimate of 4.5 to 5.0. Confused as the gap is still 1 lac.pl advise ,very urgent as seller is leaving country.
Old 28th July 2011, 23:42   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_ranjan View Post
Which is the best buy?
I would opt for the T jet if I funds were not an issue. Awesome car!! BTW where are you getting these deals from ?? Both are pretty good deals
Old 29th July 2011, 08:53   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavu View Post
Found online July 2010 Fiat linea petrol 1.4 emotion pack ,5000 kms,thane regn car in very good condition.What should be the max I can offer.I Confused ,very urgent as seller is leaving country.
This makes very good sense at 5.5-5.75 lacs only if you compare this deal to buying brand new - a clear 2.5 lacs advantage

Buy this only if a Linea Petrol is the only thing you have in mind

But please remember , you'll have to be mentally prepared to lose a lot when you sell.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 19:57   #3280
BANNED

I'm getting a used Accent Executive -
December 2008, 70K kms done.
Serviced at hyundai only.
Aftermarket cng kit installed.
Price quoted 3L. Carwale evaluation shows about 2.8 - 2.9L.

Its my friend's car so i do know how its been driven & maintained. but isnt the mileage too high for this price ? I'm confused about it.
Old 29th July 2011, 20:03   #3281
BHPian

used May 2008 320d highline

Hi everyone,

i'm in the market for a used 320d (for various reasons i'm not interested in any other car at the moment). I found a guy who is quoting (negotiable) 23lks. Its run about 17.5k, single driver, well maintained and drives quite nice (i test drove it).

Now I'm sure 23lks is too much but what do you guys think is a fair price? I like the car want to close the deal asap but dont want to over pay.

please help, thanks!
Old 29th July 2011, 21:25   #3282
BHPian

Re: used May 2008 320d highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantmohan View Post
Hi everyone,

i'm in the market for a used 320d (for various reasons i'm not interested in any other car at the moment). I found a guy who is quoting (negotiable) 23lks. Its run about 17.5k, single driver, well maintained and drives quite nice (i test drove it).

Now I'm sure 23lks is too much but what do you guys think is a fair price? I like the car want to close the deal asap but dont want to over pay.

please help, thanks!
What is the manufacturing year of the car? Also, is it a 320d Highline or CE? I'm sure you could negotiate a few lacs anyways since the FL is coming in a few months. BTW, why not a new 320d CE? BMW is offering heavy discounts on it currently.
Old 29th July 2011, 21:44   #3283
BHPian

the RC says May 2008 so i guess thats the manufacturing time....

Its a highline model. I'm not interested in the new CE because i'd like all bells and whistles and also it will lose a lotta value in a years time.
Old 30th July 2011, 17:59   #3284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
I'm getting a used Accent Executive -
December 2008, 70K kms done.

Its my friend's car so i do know how its been driven & maintained. but isnt the mileage too high for this price ? I'm confused about it.
What's going to be your usage like?If it is about 15k a year,the car should serve you well for 4-5 years.Price looks OK to me
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 13:51   #3285
Distinguished - BHPian

A catchy quote I came across needs to be shared here "When buying a used car, punch the buttons on the radio. If all the stations are rock and roll, there's a good chance the transmission is shot." by Larry Lujack

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks