Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 11:10   #3376
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI second hand

Octavia is a good vehicle but is known to rake up huge bills as it gets older.As such the resale is a little poor.Enquire about similar models and get an idea of the cost.Also think of the resale value you will be getting when you want to sell.As for the vehicle its best for front seat travel,back seat is not at all comfortable.

Why dont you consider an optra magnum diesel?My cousin owns one,very comfy,resale value is poor so you might be able to find an 09 model for 5+lacs.its esay on the pocket too.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:15   #3377
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI second hand

I had been in the market for buying a used Skoda Octavia. The biggest issue I found was that most cars showed a hard-to-believe odometer reading. Skoda's are real workhorses and its hard to come by a car with less miles on the odo. Be really careful as a high mileage car is high maintenance as well.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:57   #3378
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Planning to buy a second hand diesel small car, got two options
1> Rits Vdi 13000k 8 month old, asking price is 4.25 non negotiable
2> i20 Asta Crdi 2009 model 17000 kms asking price 5.3L might be negotiable

what do you people suggest?? I am little vary of i20 with AC and steering rattle. but ABS and bigger size tempts me.

Please advise
Old 25th August 2011, 17:06   #3379
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Ford Ikon Flair 1.3 2005 model, single owner, with about 32K on the ODO
Old 25th August 2011, 17:40   #3380
Senior - BHPian

drsnt, from the info you have posted, I would choose the Ritz. But please note while selecting a used car, there are many other parameters to be considered, specially the condition of the car.

It's surprising a Ritz diesel is being sold in just 8 months. Based on your figures, the car has run approximately 60kms every day. Can you verify the ownership history of the car? It's possible the heavy running has left the car with some damages not worth repairing and so the owner wants to offload it. Just a thought.

pravingmh, I bought an Ikon 1.6 ZXi for under 1 L recently. It is ten years old, single owner and just a little more mileage than what you are mentioning. Please ensure the ownership history is verifiable, i.e. the owner is reliable and known. For an approximate idea of the price range, you could check up sites such as CarWale which have a calculator. Also you can browse through ads for sale of similar vehicles of the same make/model/year/km range and find out the approximate range.
Old 26th August 2011, 00:10   #3381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
drsnt, from the info you have posted, I would choose the Ritz. But please note while selecting a used car, there are many other parameters to be considered, specially the condition of the car.

It's surprising a Ritz diesel is being sold in just 8 months. Based on your figures, the car has run approximately 60kms every day. Can you verify the ownership history of the car? It's possible the heavy running has left the car with some damages not worth repairing and so the owner wants to offload it. Just a thought..
THANKX brother for reply Ritz history can be verified from service center here will not be a problem, it's owned by a builder so the running. once i make my mind i will check the car and then full history with company, i20 it's in another city but i think i can get history of that also
Old 26th August 2011, 11:25   #3382
BHPian

I'm looking out for a used car and below are the 3 options. My driving is around 750 to 1000 kms per month. Mostly in city. Highway trips will be once in 3 months for around 250 kms. My requirments 1. Fun to drive 2. Safety features like ABS, Disc Brakes, Airbags etc. 3. Reliable 4. Low on maintainance 5. For petrol FE should be above 8 kmpl. I need the car to be registered in Mumbai.
The options are
1. Hyundai Elantra GLS ( petrol ) 2006 model, 2nd owner 65k kms done. Car is well maintained from outside. All functions in working condition. The car is mumbai registered, owner expecting 2.4 Lakhs. In this vehicle I need to buy insurance as owner will like to transfer the NCB discount to his new car. Also I felt clutch to be little hard to replacing that will be approx 15k. So total cost around 2.65 lakhs
2. Hyundai Elantra Crdi 2004 model, 3rd owner 75k kms done. Car is in good condition, but car is registered outside Mumbai so will have to make provision for Octroi. Owner expecting 3.15 lakhs so total will come to 3.3 lakhs.
3. Mitsibushi Cedia 2008 model, 2nd owner done 65k kms. Again this car is registered outside mumbai and also Insurance needs to be purchased as the earlier one has expired. Owner expecting 3.8 so total will be close to 4.15 Lakhs.
I need help in deciding which one should i choose and what should be correct price of each one of them. Can also look at other options but I feel for my driving requirment I can think of Elantra/Cedia or may be Fiesta. But Fiesta fully loaded with safety features is not much available in used car market, specially in my budget.
Pls help
Old 26th August 2011, 18:54   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Is this a good deal - 96 Armada - 1 Lac

Folks,

I would like to make this deal throught, but surely not without expert comments

Is this a good deal. Found this very much on our classified section.

Used Armada

96 Armada in Mumbai (Thane) 44,000 kms - Rs/- 1,00,000.

Even if this is a 2WD, it is too good to be true. Comments please.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-picture_27111.jpg

Last edited by scopriobharath : 26th August 2011 at 18:55.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:21   #3384
BHPian

Guys how much should I expect for my Santro Xing XG 2003 model done 95000 km.The car is very well maintained by me.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:54   #3385
BHPian

How much can I expect for dec 2005 getz top end?Should I sell it with tires hich have run 5000 kms and alloy wheels?
Old 27th August 2011, 13:33   #3386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm looking out for a used car and below are the 3 options. My driving is around 750 to 1000 kms per month. Mostly in city. Highway trips will be once in 3 months for around 250 kms. My requirments 1. Fun to drive 2. Safety features like ABS, Disc Brakes, Airbags etc. 3. Reliable 4. Low on maintainance 5. For petrol FE should be above 8 kmpl. I need the car to be registered in Mumbai.
The options are
1. Hyundai Elantra GLS ( petrol ) 2006 model, 2nd owner 65k kms done. Car is well maintained from outside. All functions in working condition. The car is mumbai registered, owner expecting 2.4 Lakhs. In this vehicle I need to buy insurance as owner will like to transfer the NCB discount to his new car. Also I felt clutch to be little hard to replacing that will be approx 15k. So total cost around 2.65 lakhs
2. Hyundai Elantra Crdi 2004 model, 3rd owner 75k kms done. Car is in good condition, but car is registered outside Mumbai so will have to make provision for Octroi. Owner expecting 3.15 lakhs so total will come to 3.3 lakhs.
3. Mitsibushi Cedia 2008 model, 2nd owner done 65k kms. Again this car is registered outside mumbai and also Insurance needs to be purchased as the earlier one has expired. Owner expecting 3.8 so total will be close to 4.15 Lakhs.
I need help in deciding which one should i choose and what should be correct price of each one of them. Can also look at other options but I feel for my driving requirment I can think of Elantra/Cedia or may be Fiesta. But Fiesta fully loaded with safety features is not much available in used car market, specially in my budget.
Pls help
Option 1 seems to be a good deal.
I would not go with second option for 2 reasons - 1.) A low monthly usage of 750-1000km does not warrant a diesel, though price difference doesn't matter so much for used cars (petrol vs diesel variant)
2.) The CRDi is 2004 and is 4th hand (if you buy it). 3.3 lacs is a bit overpriced for a 4th hand, out-of-production model.

The Cedia looks the best deal out of the 3, but I am a bit surprised that the owner is giving it away for 3.8, that is way too low for a 2008 Cedia. Try to evaluate the vehicle if there is something wrong with it. An 08 Cedia in good condition should fetch at least 5.5L in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys how much should I expect for my Santro Xing XG 2003 model done 95000 km.The car is very well maintained by me.
Around 1.7-1.8L if you sell to a private buyer, used car agencies will undervalue it to 1.2-1.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
How much can I expect for dec 2005 getz top end? Should I sell it with tires which have run 5000 kms and alloy wheels?
You didn't mention the kms run and no. of owners. Assuming you are first owner, it could be roughly around 2.5 lacs depending on condition and kms run.
Unless you plan to use the same size tyres on another of your cars, you can sell it along with the car. If you plan to retain the upgraded tyre with you, the getz buyer will ask you if you have the stock set which you are not using currently. Most likely the buyer might offer to pay you extra for these new tyres+alloys.
Old 27th August 2011, 15:07   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

You didn't mention the kms run and no. of owners. Assuming you are first owner, it could be roughly around 2.5 lacs depending on condition and kms run.
Unless you plan to use the same size tyres on another of your cars, you can sell it along with the car. If you plan to retain the upgraded tyre with you, the getz buyer will ask you if you have the stock set which you are not using currently. Most likely the buyer might offer to pay you extra for these new tyres+alloys.
Sorry.It has run around 45000 kms.I'm the second owner of the car.
Old 27th August 2011, 21:49   #3388
BHPian

Hello folks,

I have an Opel Corsa Sail 1.6 GTX, Model year 2003/4. Has run just around 30,000 kms. Use it pretty sparingly as it is the 3rd car I own. The color is green and is immaculately maintained and I am the first owner. What is the price I can expect if I put this on the block?

Thanks!
Old 28th August 2011, 21:43   #3389
BHPian

Hi All,
I need to finalize a deal tomorrow. Below are the details of the car and I'm looking to buy it.

Car : Maruti Esteem VXi

Year : June 2007

Kms Done : 51000

No. Of Owners : 2 (Transfered from Mother to Son).

Whats the fair price for the car? The car is in very good condition and full service history is available. Please reply ASAP as I need to close the deal tomorrow.

Thanks,
Karthic
Old 28th August 2011, 22:29   #3390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Sorry.It has run around 45000 kms.I'm the second owner of the car.
Push for 2.5-2.6 + 10k for these new tyres (I doubt he'll agree to give 20k for tyres+alloys), good luck for the bargaining part

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Hi All,
I need to finalize a deal tomorrow. Below are the details of the car and I'm looking to buy it.

Car : Maruti Esteem VXi

Year : June 2007

Kms Done : 51000

No. Of Owners : 2 (Transfered from Mother to Son).
I have seen 2006-07 Esteems fetching around 3L if they are in immaculate condition. You can go ahead if you think this car is a very nice piece.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks