Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 17:56   #3451
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Thanks for the suggestion Vigsom -- i was getting more inclined towards mumbai due to lack of good examples in Pune. I also had the Skoda Octavia and Laura in mind , but i am scared of the cost of upkeep and maintenance and hence wary of considering them. Any suggestions for the Skoda brand?
Old 12th September 2011, 18:59   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
I am looking to sell my Zen Estilo in two months. I would like to know what would be the ideal price. Here are the vital information about the car:

- The manufacturing date Apr 2007
- I am second owner, bought the car from TrueValue. They have ensured the car was in good condition when sold.
- The car is in good condition.
- It has done 46K in odometer
- Its a VXi version (with power windows, beige interior etc)
- Regular service done for every 5K kms at Authorized MSIL service centers
- Tyres changed recently only 2k kms done on new set of tyres.

Please let me know on what would be the ideal price (I bought it for 3.15L around 2 yrs back)
Old 13th September 2011, 08:58   #3453
BHPian

You can expect in the range of 2.2 to 2.35 lacs. Since the new owner would be third he might negotiate a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys,
I am looking to sell my Zen Estilo in two months. I would like to know what would be the ideal price. Here are the vital information about the car:
=================
Please let me know on what would be the ideal price (I bought it for 3.15L around 2 yrs back)
Old 13th September 2011, 11:29   #3454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
How much is a good asking price for:

Black Swift Zxi 2007
19k Odometer, sparingly used. 95% used in city.
Fancy xxx number, Chennai registration.
Single owner driven/worshipped.
Only modifications are the Black and Red art leather seats and the leatherite steering cover.
You can expect around 4 to 4.25 lakhs. Dealer quotes might be lower.
singleton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 15:41   #3455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilsri View Post
Hi Guys,
This is my first post on Team BHP. So far my experience with team BHP has been really awesome and being a newbie to automotives I'm still in process of learning the lingo and terms used here.But none the less it is turning out to be a fairly enriching experience for me and I'm finding myself mesmerized in the world of four wheels.

Now the reason I'm posting my first post in this thread is that I am getting a 2006 make Swift VXI (Petrol) for 200K in Bhopal. So far it has done some 51K kms on road.
Do you guys think it is the right price to get it?
What factors should I consider while negotiating the deal?
Being a newbie I'm pretty clueless on these points. Please help me out.
2 lacs seems to be too low for a 2006 swift VXi. Inspect the vehicle properly to check why it is going so cheap. Good ones around that age should go for 3 Lacs at least.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:52   #3456
BHPian

Cross-posting from a different thread - Am looking to buy a used Manza and found one quoting 6L for a sparingly run (under 15K km) 2010 Aura Quadrajet model. With a slight twist (as quoted below). Most Manza's that i have come across quote 6.5-6.7L, so found this pretty reasonable - more or less matches Carwale pricing. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Buying a used car from a PoA holder

I have been looking for a pre-owned sedan, and have shortlisted one. There is a slight twist in the case. The car's registered owner is out-of-India and he has provided a power-of-attorney to his father for the sale. Haven't heard or come across something like this before and wanted some advice.

Any concerns or specific things i need to focus on to ensure it is a clean and transparent transaction.
Old 13th September 2011, 16:11   #3457
BHPian

I wish to sell my Baleno, How much should i expect:

- Model: Baleno Vxi, regn 2006 (year of mfg 2005).
- Color: White
- Regn: Delhi
- Onwer: 2nd (i bought it in July 2006, it only 6months old)
- Kms done: 53,000
- Serviced always with maruti service sation with all records.
- VIP regn no.
- CNG kit fitted 4months only back (14kg cylinder, BRC kit)
- New tires.

Earlier this was driven only once or twice a week since we have 3 cars but for past few months we have been running more so planned to run it on CNG but filling the cylinder and standing in long long ques is a pain in butt so planning to sell this week or early October, how much should it fetch.
Old 13th September 2011, 17:38   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Cross-posting from a different thread - Am looking to buy a used Manza and found one quoting 6L for a sparingly run (under 15K km) 2010 Aura Quadrajet model. With a slight twist (as quoted below). Most Manza's that i have come across quote 6.5-6.7L, so found this pretty reasonable - more or less matches Carwale pricing. Any thoughts/suggestions?
POA is legally valid and since this is his father, i don't see any issues. Maybe to be on the safer side, get a written letter from the owner validating this sale.
As long as he/POA holder can ensure the car is transferred on your name in RTO, you should be safe... Perhaps you can also use this 'twist' to bargain a bit more.
Old 13th September 2011, 17:41   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilsri View Post
Hi Guys,
This is my first post on Team BHP. So far my experience with team BHP has been really awesome and being a newbie to automotives I'm still in process of learning the lingo and terms used here.But none the less it is turning out to be a fairly enriching experience for me and I'm finding myself mesmerized in the world of four wheels.

Now the reason I'm posting my first post in this thread is that I am getting a 2006 make Swift VXI (Petrol) for 200K in Bhopal. So far it has done some 51K kms on road.
Do you guys think it is the right price to get it?
What factors should I consider while negotiating the deal?
Being a newbie I'm pretty clueless on these points. Please help me out.

2Lacs for a 2006 model is slightly on the lower side. It should caution you more than normal. A quick check by Maruti Service person (i think they charge for this service) should provide you with accurate details.
Old 13th September 2011, 18:23   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post

- VIP regn no.
- New tires.

Earlier this was driven only once or twice a week since we have 3 cars but for past few months we have been running more so planned to run it on CNG but filling the cylinder and standing in long long ques is a pain in butt so planning to sell this week or early October, how much should it fetch.
2005-06 Balenos go for around 2.5 to 2.8 lakhs in Chennai. Use that as a pointer for selling your car. Though I am not sure how much difference the CNG kit will bring in.
Old 14th September 2011, 00:18   #3461

What amount can I expect for my Toyota ETIOS model-V petrol enngine driven for 2000km bought in Feb-2011.
Old 14th September 2011, 10:35   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
2005-06 Balenos go for around 2.5 to 2.8 lakhs in Chennai. Use that as a pointer for selling your car. Though I am not sure how much difference the CNG kit will bring in.
If that be the case then Chennai has good market for Balenos coz in Delhi dealers are quoting much lower than this. I will be happy to sell it around 2L with CNG kit fitted.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:21   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munish myetios View Post
What amount can I expect for my Toyota ETIOS model-V petrol enngine driven for 2000km bought in Feb-2011.
You can expect 15% to 20% below the On road price of the car. Can I know why you are selling such a new car?
Old 14th September 2011, 12:02   #3464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post

- VIP regn no.
- New tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
+1 to what singleton estimated.

Presence of CNG kit evokes mixed responses from different customers. Some customers who prefer cars to be as stock (OEM) as possible will try to bargain hard, while some will argue about the drop in performance while negotiating.

Some others who don't mind the CNG kit will pay the same as any other baleno in the market. Don't expect to recover the CNG kit installation costs through resale value though.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:46   #3465
Senior - BHPian

Getz

How much can I expect for my Getz GL 1.3? It's currently at 69,000 kms and is a Nov 2004 regd. car. Registration is MH 02. I'm the second owner of this car, and I picked it up in Feb 2008 with 17,375 on the odo.

Here are the additional details:

1. Michelin XM1+ upsized tires
2. Complete new front suspension put in at 52,000 kms
3. Fuel efficiency of 10+ kmpl in city and 15+ kmpl on highways with 100% AC
4. 100/90 w Philips Rally bulbs fitted with ceramic holders, Bosch relays and heavy duty wires
5. Car has been regularly serviced, Wheel balancing, rotation and alignment at every 5,000 kms at authorized service center. Running on Mobil engine oil.
6. Amaron Pro battery having 5 years warranty (currently 2 years old)
7. Comprehensive insurance (expiring in Nov 2011) from Bajaj Allianz. No claims made.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 14th September 2011 at 12:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks