Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 12:58   #3466
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
+1 to what singleton estimated.

Presence of CNG kit evokes mixed responses from different customers. Some customers who prefer cars to be as stock (OEM) as possible will try to bargain hard, while some will argue about the drop in performance while negotiating.

Some others who don't mind the CNG kit will pay the same as any other baleno in the market. Don't expect to recover the CNG kit installation costs through resale value though.
Yes i understand but the CNG kit is only 4months old bought it for about 32,000 including lambda sensor and timing advancer.
The fact of the matter is the car has been driven for 45K Kms on petrol and only 8K Kms on CNG in the past 4months. I dont want to remove the CNG kit since it will create a negative impression.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:11   #3467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedemon View Post
Yes i understand but the CNG kit is only 4months old bought it for about 32,000 including lambda sensor and timing advancer.
The fact of the matter is the car has been driven for 45K Kms on petrol and only 8K Kms on CNG in the past 4months. I dont want to remove the CNG kit since it will create a negative impression.
Ideal thing to not create a negative impression is ask the prospect if he wants the kit, and make it VERY apparent(if he asks it to be removed) that youre removing it because of HIM.

Im sure for every buyer who wants the kit removed, youll have a contemporary who will want it, so you can exercise your prerogative as to where you get maximum bucks.
Old 14th September 2011, 13:18   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Can I know why you are selling such a new car?
The answer is in his profile gif snap -- seems he is having issues with his Etios -- it says my Etios vibrates as if there's a tractor engine inside
kpbhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 14:09   #3469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Cross-posting from a different thread - Am looking to buy a used Manza and found one quoting 6L for a sparingly run (under 15K km) 2010 Aura Quadrajet model. With a slight twist (as quoted below). Most Manza's that i have come across quote 6.5-6.7L, so found this pretty reasonable - more or less matches Carwale pricing. Any thoughts/suggestions?
It is not unheard of. My friend is staying in US and he sold his car here in Pune giving PoA to his father in law. I will ask more info from him, but this is not something improbable.
Old 14th September 2011, 14:16   #3470
Team-BHP Support

Re: Getz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
How much can I expect for my Getz GL 1.3? It's currently at 69,000 kms and is a Nov 2004 regd. car. Registration is MH 02. I'm the second owner of this car, and I picked it up in Feb 2008 with 17,375 on the odo.

Here are the additional details:

1. Michelin XM1+ upsized tires
2. Complete new front suspension put in at 52,000 kms
3. Fuel efficiency of 10+ kmpl in city and 15+ kmpl on highways with 100% AC
4. 100/90 w Philips Rally bulbs fitted with ceramic holders, Bosch relays and heavy duty wires
5. Car has been regularly serviced, Wheel balancing, rotation and alignment at every 5,000 kms at authorized service center. Running on Mobil engine oil.
6. Amaron Pro battery having 5 years warranty (currently 2 years old)
7. Comprehensive insurance (expiring in Nov 2011) from Bajaj Allianz. No claims made.
Around 1.7-1.8L would be a great deal, that is taking into account the new suspension and tyres. The rally bulbs' setup I am afraid won't matter much to the deal, unless you are dealing with an enthusiast buyer. Alternatively, you could disconnect and sell the headlamp assembly separately as a used accessory, just a suggestion. Good luck

P.S - I see you've finalized the deal you were telling me about in your PM

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th September 2011 at 14:17.
Old 15th September 2011, 00:25   #3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
You can expect 15% to 20% below the On road price of the car. Can I know why you are selling such a new car?
I dont like to drive it because of excessive noise and vibrations inside the passenger cabin from the road and the engine. The driving inside this car causes me back pain.This is my second car and I am happy to drive my 11 years old first car.
Old 15th September 2011, 13:31   #3472
BHPian

I have a Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2001 model, which is showing age and is not fuel efficient. So I am planning to swap this for a good pre-owned car (2008 model WagonR or similar) or go for a new WagonR Lxi CNG. My questions are -

1. What can I expect for my Palio? I am the second owner, Car has run around 65K and has several scratches and dents. It is no more a pleasure to drive as it used to be till about a year back.
2. What is good option - buying a pre-owned car or a new one? I am on a shoe-string budged and my monthly run is between 750-1000 Km. My objective is to keep my down payment, EMI and fuel bill in check. You see home loan rate increase impact in more ways than you think
3. If I go for a pre-owned car what are good buys? I am 6 feet and my wife is 5.3 feet and both of us will drive this car.
4. If I go for a new car my inclination is to buy CNG as I would save approx 2-3K per month whereas the EMI will go up by just 500 rupees (for 5 years). Your comments.

My heart is for buying a new Wagon R Lxi CNG but am not sure if it's a smart decision given the facts above. Hence the request for your guidance... Thanks is advance!
Old 15th September 2011, 15:20   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
1. What can I expect for my Palio? I am the second owner, Car has run around 65K and has several scratches and dents. It is no more a pleasure to drive as it used to be till about a year back.
2. What is good option - buying a pre-owned car or a new one? I am on a shoe-string budged and my monthly run is between 750-1000 Km. My objective is to keep my down payment, EMI and fuel bill in check. You see home loan rate increase impact in more ways than you think
3. If I go for a pre-owned car what are good buys? I am 6 feet and my wife is 5.3 feet and both of us will drive this car.
4. If I go for a new car my inclination is to buy CNG as I would save approx 2-3K per month whereas the EMI will go up by just 500 rupees (for 5 years). Your comments.
1) Expect around 40k for your Palio.
2) Since you are on a tight budget I would suggest buy a used car.
3) A used Santro or WagonR from around 2008 would be good options. You can get a good CNG kit fitted to bring down your running costs. With your kind of running it will take at least a year for the kit price to break even.

Once the burden of higher EMIs lifts then you can think of buying a new car.
Old 15th September 2011, 15:21   #3474
BHPian

Hi All,

I own a July 2009 Chevrolet UVA Base version. Additional Accesories included, Floor Mats, 2 din Chevrolet UVA music Player, Reverse Parking Assist, Auto Cop with Engine immobilizer, Faux Leather Seat Covers, Antenna, Gear Lock and Car Cover. All the Accessories are Genuine Chevrolet and are fitted at showroom. The car has been serviced at Aravali Auto throughout and I have been using Cruze's synethetic Engine oil ever since I bought it. I am the origianl buyer from APEX auto gurgaon.

It has normal wear and Tear and few bumps hear and there which is usual in Delhi traffic condition. Hasn't met with any Accidents, At worst is bikers hitting on standing car's front bumper/fender etc.

It has run for 29,000 KMs with no problem on Engine, Shocker or clutch gear system with a decent mileage of 12.6-13.25 Km per litre on AC. ON long drives sometime I have been receiving Mileage in excess of 19+ KMPl while usual highway driving i get a 15+ mileage for sure. The Car has been driven 90% of the time in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida area only with HR26 number plate.

I am Planning to switch for a NB diesel car sometime by December/January. Looking for your advice as to whether to sell this car at what price or whether convert it to CNG and keep it due to fuel price issues.

Last edited by anu21v : 15th September 2011 at 15:34.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:10   #3475
BHPian

@anu12v

Expect to shell out around 2.5l over the sale price of your Chevy UVA for any decent new diesel hatchback. Are you prepared to take that kind of a financial hit to save on running costs? If you are satisfied with your current car I would advise you to stick to it.

If you are looking for a change of car anyway (and not just to bring down running costs) then you should sell your car now and look for good deals on cars in the festive season/end of year. In January your car would be another year older (hence more depreciation) and most of the year-end/festive promotion schemes would be over.

If you are thinking of swapping used petrol for used diesel then you can take your time thinking about it. Even then I think the CNG route will be better because you will anyway end up paying around 1.75l over the sale price of your Chevy. Not worth it IMO.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2011, 18:35   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
@anu12v

Expect to shell out around 2.5l over the sale price of your Chevy UVA for any decent new diesel hatchback. Are you prepared to take that kind of a financial hit to save on running costs? If you are satisfied with your current car I would advise you to stick to it.

If you are looking for a change of car anyway (and not just to bring down running costs) then you should sell your car now and look for good deals on cars in the festive season/end of year. In January your car would be another year older (hence more depreciation) and most of the year-end/festive promotion schemes would be over.

If you are thinking of swapping used petrol for used diesel then you can take your time thinking about it. Even then I think the CNG route will be better because you will anyway end up paying around 1.75l over the sale price of your Chevy. Not worth it IMO.
Thanks cesc for answering. However it was still round about way of answering . You answered it without even answering for the likely value of this car in market. I know I might have to pay huge amount to shift to a diesel car but I am not planning to exchange it purely because of mileage. It is also for the fact that I have to buy a notch-back in any case by next year and I may as well go for a Diesel Notch-back.

I will be glad to know the market value since I don't want to keep two cars but if I get a huge hit on car value, I may still keep it as a second car at my home town which has a good CNG availability. IDV value without any accessories in the insurance renewal in Jul'11 was still 3.18 Lakh.

Last edited by anu21v : 16th September 2011 at 18:39.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:09   #3477
BHPian

^^ O boy. I really did miss the most important bit . If yours is a 1.2 LS (you are mentioning a base version) then IMO the car will sell for around 2.7L. I know your IDV without accessories is higher but IDV as well as accesories (unless you find somebody looking for the exact same accessories) don't count for much in the used car market. Also the latest petrol price hike won't help your cause one bit.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:50   #3478
BHPian

Do all Car Manufacturers offer a used-car inspection? I tried calling up Concorde Motors (Tata) for a used car inspection and they had no clue about it.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:13   #3479
BHPian

Guys , I am looking to sell my Honda Civic 'S' Manual White color, August 2007 model done 38000 + kms. DL 3C Registration. Single hand driven with proper service records.

What should I be expecting for this?

any ideas about fair market value would be more than welcome.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:18   #3480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Do all Car Manufacturers offer a used-car inspection? I tried calling up Concorde Motors (Tata) for a used car inspection and they had no clue about it.
It is not a compulsion on the showrooms to have guys for inspection. Some brands like Maruti / Hyundai have their own sister ventures like TruValue/Hyundai Advantage which can do the inspection/evaluation for buying back used cars. Some other dealers who offer exchange schemes will usually tie up with a local used car vendor (most common method everywhere) to evaluate exchange cars and handle purchases/name transfers on behalf of the showroom.

P.S - try telling concorde that you were looking for exchange scheme to buy some car in their showroom. They'll send someone to your doorstep the very next day to evaluate your current car

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys , I am looking to sell my Honda Civic 'S' Manual White color, August 2007 model done 38000 + kms. DL 3C Registration. Single hand driven with proper service records.

What should I be expecting for this?

any ideas about fair market value would be more than welcome.
From what I've seen, 2007 Civics usually go for around 7+ lacs in Bangalore. Good ones can even fetch upto 7.5L. Good luck with your sale!

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th September 2011 at 19:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks