Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 15:41   #3541
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friend bought a 9 month old 15k run Santa Fe for 20 lakhs in CG. Nice deal i say considering a brand new one costs 28lakhs i think.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:15   #3542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Your buyers is going to have a hard time but lucky in terms of car value. Honda for 72 grads, phew..!

My car was also DL registered when I was in Bangalore and used it for almost 3 years (had taken NOC while going to Bangalore). While moving to Pune, I sent the car back to Delhi and since I had taken the NOC long time back, RTO says the car needs re-registration and NOC from Bangalore

In Short, the buyer is going to drive the car, while it is registered in your name. I am sure you have a sale deed.
I have a delivery note and scans of all documents I have signed which will be required to re-register in Kar. Know the agent who I have done this through so some peace of mind. Have been told that in 90 days odd the transfer should take place which they will intimate me, but I know I have no levers there.

Anyway, we'll see. For now, just missing the bad boy car and feeling all grown up with the new car.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:36   #3543
BHPian

Guys, a friend of mine wants to buy an i10 automatic run around 10000 kms in about less than 2years. How much is the running price for the petrol automatic i10?
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:28   #3544
BHPian

2008 - Swift VDi
First owner
50K KMS run

Owner is offering in 3.5 lakhs, should I go ahead?
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:06   #3545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2008 - Swift VDi
First owner
50K KMS run

Owner is offering in 3.5 lakhs, should I go ahead?
3.5L seems to be too low! I never see any Swift VDi (s) going for cheaper than 4.5L here in Bangalore. Find out the reason for selling. If the reason is genuine (such as owner going abroad, in a hurry) and the vehicle is in good condition, go ahead and pick it up. I doubt you would get a diesel swift in that range ever again.

P.S - Even a 2008 Swift VXI doesn't go so cheap.
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:53   #3546
BHPian

Am planning to sell my Chevy UVA 2008 model. It has run 28K KM's approximately and I have all the service records. Few scratches here and there but otherwise the car is in perfect running condition. How much should I expect for the car?
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:08   #3547
Senior - BHPian

Guys - what would be a good price for a 2006 Swift VXI, Mumbai reg, 1st owner, done around 40k kms, Excellent condition?
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:36   #3548
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i am in love with the Swift ZDI after driving it today, but there's a problem i am in need of a car asap but the swift has a waiting period of minimum 8 months in bangalore

So, i have am thinking on buying a used car just during the waiting period ~8months and as soon as the new car arrives this car would be sold. I have the following questions:

1. Does this make financial sense ? The idea is to not lose a lot of money.

2. How much would a Ritz VXi 2010 come for ? I'd prefer a low mileage car <10k kms and have a price of 3.5l to 4l tops in mind. Will i find a car in this range which is in decent shape ?

3. If i sell the Ritz in May 2012, how much will i lose(Assuming govt. hikes petrol price by Rs.5 in the next 8 months)? I take very good car of my bike (don't have a car yet) so maintenance will be excellent. OR,am i better-off buying a used Alto and selling it after 8 months.

4. If both the options aren't feasible is it better to manage with my bike and wait for the new car ?

Need your advice
Old 3rd October 2011, 01:07   #3549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
3.5L seems to be too low! I never see any Swift VDi (s) going for cheaper than 4.5L here in Bangalore. Find out the reason for selling. If the reason is genuine (such as owner going abroad, in a hurry) and the vehicle is in good condition, go ahead and pick it up. I doubt you would get a diesel swift in that range ever again.

P.S - Even a 2008 Swift VXI doesn't go so cheap.
Yes It is quite cheap, will grab it if the dealer has not made a blunder telling the car details.

Will be checking out the car tomorrow, was driven by a TATA employee in a small town. Cars do not have good resale value there, people don't find buying used cars quite "happening" when they get new cars at 0% EMI

Last edited by Googleman : 3rd October 2011 at 01:11.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:17   #3550
BHPian

Quote:
Yes It is quite cheap, will grab it if the dealer has not made a blunder telling the car details.
Dealer?? You need to be extra careful if a dealer is selling a VDI at this price. As Karthikk said, I haven't found even VXIs going this cheap. Make sure to check whether it is an accident car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys, i am in love with the Swift ZDI after driving it today, but there's a problem i am in need of a car asap but the swift has a waiting period of minimum 8 months in bangalore

So, i have am thinking on buying a used car just during the waiting period ~8months and as soon as the new car arrives this car would be sold. I have the following questions:

1. Does this make financial sense ? The idea is to not lose a lot of money.

2. How much would a Ritz VXi 2010 come for ? I'd prefer a low mileage car <10k kms and have a price of 3.5l to 4l tops in mind. Will i find a car in this range which is in decent shape ?

3. If i sell the Ritz in May 2012, how much will i lose(Assuming govt. hikes petrol price by Rs.5 in the next 8 months)? I take very good car of my bike (don't have a car yet) so maintenance will be excellent. OR,am i better-off buying a used Alto and selling it after 8 months.

4. If both the options aren't feasible is it better to manage with my bike and wait for the new car ?

Need your advice
1. It doesn't make much financial sense to me. You will surely lose a considerable amount of money buying and selling a used car.
2,3. I am seriously against buying an almost new Ritz and selling it after 6-8 months. Think about this, the guy who is buying the Ritz from you in 2012 will be the third owner of the vehicle. Depreciation will hit you hard here.
If you really really need a car for this time, buy a 5 or 6 year old Single owner Alto or Santro and sell it off when you get your swift. But even in this case you will lose some amount of money, even though not as much as in the Ritz case.
4. I would opt for this as all the other cases will surely set back me by any amount higher than 20k at least.

I guess you might be under pressure to sell your car after 6 months before taking delivery of the new car to free up your money. Distress sale will make your life even harder.

Drive your bike for 6 months more, press the dealer as hard as you can (plead, threaten watever) and live dreaming about your new car. Time will fly sooner than you imagine

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd October 2011 at 16:19. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:01   #3551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
1. It doesn't make much financial sense to me. You will surely lose a considerable amount of money buying and selling a used car.
2,3. I am seriously against buying an almost new Ritz and selling it after 6-8 months. Think about this, the guy who is buying the Ritz from you in 2012 will be the third owner of the vehicle. Depreciation will hit you hard here.
If you really really need a car for this time, buy a 5 or 6 year old Single owner Alto or Santro and sell it off when you get your swift. But even in this case you will lose some amount of money, even though not as much as in the Ritz case.
4. I would opt for this as all the other cases will surely set back me by any amount higher than 20k at least.

I guess you might be under pressure to sell your car after 6 months before taking delivery of the new car to free up your money. Distress sale will make your life even harder.

Drive your bike for 6 months more, press the dealer as hard as you can (plead, threaten watever) and live dreaming about your new car. Time will fly sooner than you imagine
My commute is almost 40 kms in bangalore traffic everyday and so was thinking of a car during this time. My back hurts a lot everyday after the drive, but i guess there's no option. Will stick around with my bike for longer.

Btw, i've no idea about this but approximately how much will i lose if i do buy a Ritz and sell it off after 6-8 months ?
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:17   #3552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
My commute is almost 40 kms in bangalore traffic everyday and so was thinking of a car during this time. My back hurts a lot everyday after the drive, but i guess there's no option. Will stick around with my bike for longer.

Btw, i've no idea about this but approximately how much will i lose if i do buy a Ritz and sell it off after 6-8 months ?
I agree with singleton. The depreciation and the headache of trying to sell it in such short span is not worth it at all. wait for the car and pester the dealer to give you the car soon, that's a much better option. Usage costs ( depreciation) of a Santro will be around 20-30k but be ready to lose more if you sell to a dealer

Booked a ZDi with waiting of 8 months?! Please tell me where . I wanted to swap my 2006 ZXi for a ZDi and the last week I enquired with Sagar auto, they were not taking bookings for ZDi for the time being. The last booking they took was for 12 months waiting period!! I'll PM you to know where you booked, since it is OT in this thread

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd October 2011 at 12:19.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:17   #3553
Senior - BHPian

If you want to keep a car only for 6 months, buy a second/third owner Santro/Alto for ~2L and sell it off after 6 months. I dont think you should lose more than 10-15k which you can treat as Driving Lesson fees + Car Rental for 6 months !
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:28   #3554

2008 SX4 ZXI - Was it a good bargain ?

Hi to Gurus,

I am feeling awkward, still you know to satisfy my curiosity I request for your help.

I have recently bought a Feb 2008 SX4 ZXI, single owner, 27K KM on odometer with no accident history and kind of well maintained.

I knew the owner personally and we each were hesitated to make the offer; and finally with advise from a few common well-wishers, we decided upon Rs. 4.1 Lakh. I spent approx 13500/- on it, 2 front-tyres (the orginial JK Vectra had deformed), and a battery.

the curiosity is :-

1. Hopefully my bargain at 4.1 lakh was not too costly; would request kind experts to validate !

2. Before going for this car I was thinking of going for Ford Figo or a Swift (petrol only, as I have this feeling that Diesels are costlier to maintain), but looking at the equipment level, opportunity to own a sedan (read - a big car) and given that it was well maintained, i convinced my wife for a pre-owned one. How you guys will rate my decision, though I understand it is a personal and subjective one, still I know that experts here are well known to answer objectively!

thanks to all, much appreciated.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:02   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Guys - what would be a good price for a 2006 Swift VXI, Mumbai reg, 1st owner, done around 40k kms, Excellent condition?
If its a no-expense car like it has new-like tyres; Brakes, suspension, etc in good condition, 2.5 is a fair price for both parties. Expect to pay 10-15k more if the car has ABS.

Though I would suggest you skip this and look at the Baleno. Slightly expensive parts offset the initial purchase value. You would get similar vintage Balenos for 2.00ish. Its better than the Swift in almost every respect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks