Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 16:44   #3601
Senior - BHPian

Folks, the owner of a 2004 ford ikon 1.6 SXi Nxt, 52k km done,is quoting 1,75,000 for his car.
How much can i make offer?

PS:Car is registered in coimbatore.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:49   #3602
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
If I were you, I would go for the third option - 08' Cedia, since it seems to be the least used & most recent of the 3. Cedia sports is one of the most VFM cars an enthusiast can pick up in the used car market.

P.S - do check that it is not a bad boy's car. Too many Cedias in the pre-owned market are used (abused) by rich, bad boys and sold off after a few years.
Thanks for the advice.

I have zeroed in on : 2008 May Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (Black) - Run Genuine 30500 Kilometers, Serviced in Authorized Service Station every 5k Kilometers (info available in manual)

Quoted Price: 5.4L / I have finalized it at 4.65L

Extra: JBL Speakers, Sub Woofer and Pioneer Amplifier. After Market Alloys.

Is it a Good Deal?
Old 11th October 2011, 17:42   #3603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
What would be the price of
Wagon R - LXi
2006 Model / 20 Oct 2006 Bangalore Registered
Approx 36000 Kms
New Bridgestone Tyres (4) run less than 1000 Kms / New Amaron Battery with 4 years warranty
All service bills history / Original Invoice etc available
Some scratches on the bumper
Interiors are damn clean and in mint condition (coz my cars have to be neat)

What can i expect?
I would say around 2.2L-2.3L. WagonRs dont enjoy a very good resale value lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I have zeroed in on : 2008 May Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (Black) - Run Genuine 30500 Kilometers, Serviced in Authorized Service Station every 5k Kilometers (info available in manual)

Is it a Good Deal?
By all means. That sounds like a great deal to me. How did you manage to bargain for a ~1L reduction?! Please give some tips on this

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th October 2011 at 17:46.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:10   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

Is it a Good Deal?
If its genuine 30500 km,then it is a very good deal indeed,and how come you reduced the price by 1 lakh,will you please elaborate the negotiation process.
Old 11th October 2011, 21:13   #3605
BHPian

Anybody in the used car market currently should definitely factor in the fact that the year-end is approaching fast. Calculate the depreciation on the model accordingly. The 2/3/4 year old car that you are going to buy would soon be 3/4/5 year old. IMO one should dock around 5% of the asking price purely based on this consideration.

Also the resale value for petrol sedans has taken a considerable beating in the past quarter. Be very sure that you are not paying over what similar cars are going for in the market.
Cesc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 21:20   #3606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Anybody in the used car market currently should definitely factor in the fact that the year-end is approaching fast. Calculate the depreciation on the model accordingly. The 2/3/4 year old car that you are going to buy would soon be 3/4/5 year old.
Technically and logically speaking, the age should/would be calculated based upon the *month* of manufacture/purchase, right?

But yes, I do get your point : psychologically, it would make a mark. Someone would call even a Dec '09 car 1 year old in March '10 on the virtue that '09 and '10 are one year apart.

Interesting suggestion!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 12:14   #3607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.

Is it a Good Deal?
Good deal.
I think servicing is every 10K KM (based on my Cedia's service history).
Old 12th October 2011, 12:41   #3608
BHPian

Hi all,

Have been looking for a used car in Pune. Budget is 3.5l. I have been looking for one from past one month and have found a swift VDi, but the broker is delaying the deal don't know why, sometimes he is out of city or the owner.

So right now I still have open options. Please suggest me one, I would prefer a Diesel but don't know if one will be available in my budget.
Few ford fiestas I see (petrol) are for 2.5 - 3 lakhs. Why is the resale value so low for this car? Does it give real low mileage or maintenance is high?

I am looking for a car which I can use for around 2-3 years. I already had a hatch and sold it, so not looking for Santro, Alto etc..
Old 12th October 2011, 13:06   #3609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Technically and logically speaking, the age should/would be calculated based upon the *month* of manufacture/purchase, right?

But yes, I do get your point : psychologically, it would make a mark. Someone would call even a Dec '09 car 1 year old in March '10 on the virtue that '09 and '10 are one year apart.

Interesting suggestion!
I am not speaking from a psychological point of view but more so from a practical point of view. Everybody knows that even new cars have discounts running at the end of the year. Chances are somebody who bought a car in Nov/Dec timeframe paid anywhere between 3-5% less for a new car as compared to somebody who bought one in say March or July even though both cars were manufactured in the same year. Also one can get ample discounts on a previous year's new car in the subsequent year irrespective of the fact that the car was manufactured towards the end of the previous year.

So from a practical point of view depreciation is calculated (not in books but in reality in the used car market) from a calendar year perspective in majority of the cases and hardly from a gap (in terms of number of months) point of view.

You walk in to sell your car to any of the used car delaers and 10 out of 10 will calculate vintage based on year of manufacture. I know used car dealers find every excuse to deflate a car's value while buying but the trend is far stronger and more widespread than just the dealers.

Last edited by Cesc : 12th October 2011 at 13:10.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:45   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
By all means. That sounds like a great deal to me. How did you manage to bargain for a ~1L reduction?! Please give some tips on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsandeep View Post
If its genuine 30500 km,then it is a very good deal indeed,and how come you reduced the price by 1 lakh,will you please elaborate the negotiation process.
I mentioned : Carwale / Gaadi quotes 4.2 - 4.4L for a Cedia. And the seller was not tech savvy and did not re check on that.

The first quoted price was a whooping 5.7L and they changed the price after i spoke to them to 5.25L. I kept mentioning their car is maintained well, just to calm them down and finally said 4.5L last price.

Their take was "4.75 L and deal is done " - I said "Ok, give me a call if you want to sell it for 4.6L" - They agreed for 4.65L //End of Story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Good deal.
I think servicing is every 10K KM (based on my Cedia's service history).
The papers mention serviced at every 5K interval and last being at 30,020 Kilometers. I guess the service may just include engine oil change at every 5000 kilometers.
MadBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 17:19   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Hi all,

Have been looking for a used car in Pune. Budget is 3.5l.
Few ford fiestas I see (petrol) are for 2.5 - 3 lakhs. Why is the resale value so low for this car? Does it give real low mileage or maintenance is high?
Ford has low resale value in India. Fiesta 1.4 Petrol will give better FE than 1.6 Petrol. Please check the version on the offer. However, 1.6 is more fun to drive. You can get 3-4 year old Fiesta Zxi/Sxi in 3.5l. And it is a good car.

You can get 3 year old Swift VXi/ZXi (1.3) Petrol OR i10 Sportz at same cost.

Also, you can get 2-3 year old Aveo for around 3.0.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:49   #3612
BHPian

Quote:
They agreed for 4.65L //End of Story!
Woah MadBiker. You are on your way to own my dream garage. First the Ninja, now this. Any way. You've got a great deal. A friend of mine, here in Bangalore ended up paying 6.5L for a 42K kms 2008 model. But he's happy that he's got the beauty in his garage. Please put up a nice thread man!
Old 13th October 2011, 19:24   #3613
BHPian

How is the deal if I found a 65k run December 2006 Chevy Optra 1.6 LT Royale (with Sunroof, Driver Airbag, No ABS) for 3.25 lac? Or should I bargain further?

The Odo reading seems genuine (found old service receipts in the glovebox). Taking it for a Professional Evaluation at Chevy Service center tomorrow. The Tyres are new and were changed barely 750km back(from a known dealer). Do I need to be careful about anything else? Also, Is CNG retrofitment a possibility on this car?
Old 13th October 2011, 20:29   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
How is the deal if I found a 65k run December 2006 Chevy Optra 1.6 LT Royale (with Sunroof, Driver Airbag, No ABS) for 3.25 lac? Or should I bargain further?

The Odo reading seems genuine (found old service receipts in the glovebox). Taking it for a Professional Evaluation at Chevy Service center tomorrow. The Tyres are new and were changed barely 750km back(from a known dealer). Do I need to be careful about anything else? Also, Is CNG retrofitment a possibility on this car?
You should bargain more and maybe its possible then reduce price at 3,this is the right price IMO and cng fitment,as long as you're ready to live with less power,it should not be a problem.
Old 13th October 2011, 20:40   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
Ford has low resale value in India. Fiesta 1.4 Petrol will give better FE than 1.6 Petrol. Please check the version on the offer. However, 1.6 is more fun to drive. You can get 3-4 year old Fiesta Zxi/Sxi in 3.5l. And it is a good car.

You can get 3 year old Swift VXi/ZXi (1.3) Petrol OR i10 Sportz at same cost.

Also, you can get 2-3 year old Aveo for around 3.0.
Today I went to used car shop to check for small diesel car. I saw that there was a black ford fiesta ZXI (DIESEL) 2006 model with sunroof, the quote was 3.8L, thought it was a good offer, however swift diesel LDI 2006 model also sells at the same price.

Most Viewed