Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 20:53   #3661
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank123 View Post
Toyota corolla
Make 2004
Model j
Colour silver
Km 145000
2nd owner delhi reg
Superb condition
Please advice on expected price.
Around 3L should be a good price.
Old 20th October 2011, 10:40   #3662
BHPian

What should be the price for Oct 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI, done around 50k. Insurance is expiring next week. Tyres have been changed around 10k kms back. Single owner. The suspension needs to be worked up and car has few scratches rest all in good condition.Car is registered in Mumbai.

Last edited by saurabhkum : 20th October 2011 at 11:02. Reason: Additional details
Old 20th October 2011, 11:31   #3663
Senior - BHPian

Many members who read this would already be aware that i am planning to pick up a new car , hopefully the new Verna or maybe the city.

As part of this process my existing car needs to be sold / traded in , i am keen on getting it done through the dealership itself where i pick up the new car from rather than deal with the documentation - i know this will result in a lower price than what i might get if i sell directly but i am ok with that

Would be delighted to get some feedback / advise on how much i can expect , given the above scenario , for the Wagon R when it is evaluated , details of the car are

Wagon R LXI
Wine Red color
Purchase - March 2006
No accidents / no claims ever on insurance
55,000 Kms done total
No replacement of parts ever required
Tyres are in good condition with a fair amount of rubber still left
Engine condition excellent , all services carried out as per recommendations

any input would be welcome . Thanks in advance.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:22   #3664

hello friends
I have a Tata manza desiel 2 yr old White top of the line with abs airbags , done 42 thousand kms how much can I get if want want to sell any idea
Old 20th October 2011, 14:58   #3665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Would be delighted to get some feedback / advise on how much i can expect , given the above scenario , for the Wagon R when it is evaluated , details of the car are

Wagon R LXI
Wine Red color
Purchase - March 2006
No accidents / no claims ever on insurance
55,000 Kms done total
No replacement of parts ever required
Tyres are in good condition with a fair amount of rubber still left
Engine condition excellent , all services carried out as per recommendations

any input would be welcome . Thanks in advance.
I think you can expect around 1.6L from the dealership. Selling independently might get you around 10k more.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:59   #3666
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the input , this is the best price possible or are you taking a certain assumption that the condition of the car would be average , i was really hoping for someone to say 1.8-2.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I think you can expect around 1.6L from the dealership. Selling independently might get you around 10k more.
Old 20th October 2011, 15:19   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input , this is the best price possible or are you taking a certain assumption that the condition of the car would be average , i was really hoping for someone to say 1.8-2.00
Here is what I am factoring in apart from the condition of your car:
  • It's the year end
  • A newer generation of WagonR is on the market
  • Petrol vehicle prices (both used and new) have taken a sound beating lately
  • You are selling to the new car dealership which has more overheads than a normal used car dealer
I still hope that you get the price you have in mind though
Old 20th October 2011, 15:27   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that!!

the fact that mine is a few versions old was the key issue in my mind ,but the reason i asked was because i have seen ads on other auto portals where the expected price was around 220,000 - of course it was expected but i still thought that 2 might be a realistic price and i was being a bit of a pessimist

will ofcourse negotiate hard and walk out a few times before settling for anything!

Quote:
Here is what I am factoring in apart from the condition of your car:
  • It's the year end
  • A newer generation of WagonR is on the market
  • Petrol vehicle prices (both used and new) have taken a sound beating lately
  • You are selling to the new car dealership which has more overheads than a normal used car dealer
I still hope that you get the price you have in mind though
Old 20th October 2011, 15:40   #3669
BHPian

Re: Expected price for Accent CRDi

Quote:
If you are looking to buy this then I would advise you to stay away. Accent CRDIs from that vintage (2005) are problematic primarily because of their engines. I have personally seen 2 Accent CRDIs which required engine work at around 60k kms.
@Cesc - This is my car and was trying to find what is a good value for it

Cheers
Old 20th October 2011, 16:12   #3670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that!!

the fact that mine is a few versions old was the key issue in my mind ,but the reason i asked was because i have seen ads on other auto portals where the expected price was around 220,000 - of course it was expected but i still thought that 2 might be a realistic price and i was being a bit of a pessimist

will ofcourse negotiate hard and walk out a few times before settling for anything!
Good strategy there! Please browse the second hand car dealers' inventory for similar spec'ed cars so you will get an indication of the price they sell for. You obviously won't get as much as that, but at least you will not be ripped off so easily. Rest assured the used car dealers (even the manufacturer-run branded shops) get obscenely high margins on the cars they sell.

On the other hand, you can try selling it to a buyer directly (ask around in your family or friend circle if anyone wants to buy the car). You could throw in some discounts and still earn a price way above what the used car dealers will offer you.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:30   #3671
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Honeybee , will pay a visit to a second hand dealer , yes i do realize the 'extra amount' i will get by selling it directly , but to be honest with you rather just let someone else deal with the documentation , plus very little time unfortunately to entertain buyers wishing to , rightly so , take a look at the car personally once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Good strategy there! Please browse the second hand car dealers' inventory for similar spec'ed cars so you will get an indication of the price they sell for. You obviously won't get as much as that, but at least you will not be ripped off so easily. Rest assured the used car dealers (even the manufacturer-run branded shops) get obscenely high margins on the cars they sell.

On the other hand, you can try selling it to a buyer directly (ask around in your family or friend circle if anyone wants to buy the car). You could throw in some discounts and still earn a price way above what the used car dealers will offer you.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:43   #3672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..plus very little time unfortunately to entertain buyers wishing to , rightly so , take a look at the car personally once.
You do have a point there, as selling the car to a dealer is the most hassle-free way of dealing with it. But then that's why it's not the best option as the tradeoff is you don't always get the best price for your car.

Mind you, the dealers offer a 3-6 months warranty on the engine and tranny, and this warranty is directly out of the way you have cared for your car. So if you maintained the car well enough, the dealer will never have to honour any warranty claims. And he does charge a hefty premium for offering the warranty!
Old 20th October 2011, 18:06   #3673
BHPian

I'm planning to sell my Innova G4.

Make: April 2006
Mileage: 1,30,500 kms
Second Owner
Serviced only at authorised service mostly and at Ignite Garage for the last couple of services

Accessories/Upgrades
- 2 Din 7 inch touchscreen Media Player/DVD
- Reverse Sen

How much do you guys think I can get?
Old 20th October 2011, 18:10   #3674
Senior - BHPian

Yep , its convenience vs money , and i am willing to let go off a little of the latter for convenience - for me its not going to be 'oh i could have got more' of a situation , if i get the price that i need / want then thats that , so if a dealer offers me 1.70 - the fact that i might have got 1.8 by selling it directly does not matter to me then!

Quote:
You do have a point there, as selling the car to a dealer is the most hassle-free way of dealing with it. But then that's why it's not the best option as the tradeoff is you don't always get the best price for your car.

Mind you, the dealers offer a 3-6 months warranty on the engine and tranny, and this warranty is directly out of the way you have cared for your car. So if you maintained the car well enough, the dealer will never have to honour any warranty claims. And he does charge a hefty premium for offering the warranty!
Old 20th October 2011, 18:27   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that.

I came across a well maintained ford ikon and the dealer was quoting more than 25k premium over what he gave to the owner(who immaculately maintained it with all the service bill). I did not conclude the deal because it felt bad that someone is cashing someone else's passionate maintenance.

Most Viewed