Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 12:21   #3901
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
I am selling my Optra Magnum TCDI, though I kept the price 5.5L I am struggling to get even 5L and from dealer i got the offer of 4.30L. realistic price for 4 year old magnum appears to be around 4.5L only.
Could you tell us what kind of running your magnum has done till now?
Old 20th December 2011, 12:25   #3902
BHPian

Hi People,

I am trying to lay my hands on the Toyota Altis which late 2008 GL variant. Toyota U trust is asking for Rs 8.5 lacs.

The Corolla 2007 model are avalibale for 6 to 7, where as the Altis starts from 8. This has been totally my readings of the market.

Pls let me know the correct price or any good car dealer in Delhi or Gurgaon area.

Many Thanks

Amit

Last edited by amitpunjani : 20th December 2011 at 12:26.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:46   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Could you tell us what kind of running your magnum has done till now?
It has done 60700kms till now. Always driven by me, 60% city driving and 40% high-way. 2-3 long trips in a year.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:50   #3904
BHPian

What would be the best price to buy a OHC VTEC in bangalore.
Old 20th December 2011, 14:15   #3905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
As far as Toyota Corolla is concerned, 3-4 year model that have run 30 to 40k Kms are excellent choice. They will serve you well without any problems. The maintenance is on the low side. To give you as an example, I have owned one 2003 corolla for 2 years (2009 and 2010) For me the regular maintenance bill in Pune came out to be around 2300 Rs for normal service (Every 8000kms). This is exceptional considering its segment.
: it was the sole reason why I bought one instead of the Skoda Laura.

It hurts when the maintenance bills bite
Old 20th December 2011, 15:46   #3906
BHPian

Quote:
I am selling my Optra Magnum TCDI, though I kept the price 5.5L I am struggling to get even 5L and from dealer i got the offer of 4.30L. realistic price for 4 year old magnum appears to be around 4.5L only.
I'd say thats about right. Two days ago I saw a Magnum TCDI (2007 model, 54k on the odo) change hands for 4.1L in Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi People,

I am trying to lay my hands on the Toyota Altis which late 2008 GL variant. Toyota U trust is asking for Rs 8.5 lacs.

The Corolla 2007 model are avalibale for 6 to 7, where as the Altis starts from 8. This has been totally my readings of the market.

Pls let me know the correct price or any good car dealer in Delhi or Gurgaon area.

Many Thanks

Amit
8.5L for a 2008 Altis (a petrol sedan which is going to be 4 years old pretty soon) seems high to me. Are there any warranties or free services thrown in with the deal? What's the odo reading.

Haven't seen an Altis change hands yet but a 2008 Civic (a close competitor) can be had for around 7L in Delhi/Gurgaon. Unless it's a next to new car, I would look to knock-off at least 50k from the asking price.

Last edited by Cesc : 20th December 2011 at 15:49.
Old 20th December 2011, 15:46   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
What would be the best price to buy a OHC VTEC in bangalore.
depends upon the condition of the vehicle. an abused or beaten up OHC Vtec could be bought for 1.5 Lac and some immacutaley maintained ones go for upwards of 3.5 Lac.
Old 20th December 2011, 15:51   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I'd say thats about right. Two days ago I saw a Magnum TCDI (2007 model, 54k on the odo) change hands for 4.1L in Gurgaon.

8.5L for a 2008 Altis (a petrol sedan which is going to be 4 years old pretty soon) seems high to me. Are there any warranties or free services thrown in with the deal?

Haven't seen an Altis change hands yet but a 2008 Civic (a close competitor) can be had for around 7L in Delhi/Gurgaon. If I were you I would look to knock-off at least 75k from the asking price.

Thanks Buddy for the reply, i know i can buy a good Civic with 7 lacs, but the downside is the GC with civic. Also, due to the low rpm torque problem, early Clutch replacement is also the problem i have seen with Civic. Else Civic would have been my first choice.
Old 20th December 2011, 15:52   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
there are a couple of used car dealers near my home and i have seen 2-3 Chevy Optras with them (2007-2008 make, TDCi) with approx. 60-65k mileage (may not be genuine) and the asking price is in range of 5.1-5.4 before negotiations. I believe you should be able to sell it to individual buyer for 4.5-4.7 max.
Old 24th December 2011, 01:53   #3910
BHPian

How good a buy is a Jan 2008 Swift VXI with 35k on the clock, Mumbai Registration, for 3lac (with deck+ remote locking + zero rust + total service history)?

Also, if anyone is interested in one, there is a 6.8k run 2010 silver punto emotion 1.2 in immaculate condition (doctor's car) available @ 3.25lac (negotiable) at a dealer in thane. I can post the contact no. if anybody is interested.

Punto = mh05xx5432* = mumbai octroi not paid
Old 24th December 2011, 23:38   #3911
PhX
BHPian

Guys, need some advice rather urgently.

I just saw a Dec '09 mfg, Jan '10 registered Honda City S-MT. The owners (first-owners) have installed:
  • 190/15 alloy wheels
  • tweeters
  • leather seats
  • leather steering wheel cover

They quoted 6.25 lakhs. What would you guys say is a fair price for the car?
Old 25th December 2011, 12:51   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post

I just saw a Dec '09 mfg, Jan '10 registered Honda City S-MT. The owners (first-owners) have installed:
  • 190/15 alloy wheels
  • tweeters
  • leather seats

Stash all the cash in a suitcase, take the car at an authorized service center. Ask them to inspect for any accidents or major issues. If they give a clean bill, Gift the suitcase to the owner/dealer and gift a 3 meter Christmas tree along with it and run away with the car. Petrol cars prices have crashed but surely not so low. This car can easily fetch 7 at a minimum if its in the good shape and sub 50k on the odo.

EDIT: if you are not interested for some reason, do share the details and co-ordinates of the car. i am sure there are many Civic fans here who wouldnt mind a bargain.

Last edited by dipen : 25th December 2011 at 13:09.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 12:58   #3913
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Stash all the cash in a suitcase, take the car at an authorized service center. Ask them to inspect for any accidents or major issues. If they give a clean bill, Gift the suitcase to the owner/dealer and gift a 3 meter Christmas tree along with it and run away with the car. Petrol cars prices have crashed but surely not so low. This car can easily fetch 7 at a minimum if its in the good shape and sub 50k on the odo.

EDIT: if you are not interested for some reason, do share the details and co-ordinates of the car. i am sure that are many Civic fans here who wouldnt mind a bargain.
Dipen, it's a City, not a Civic.
And the car is in perfect condition. The owners have maintained it passionately, regularly waxing/polishing as well (I opened boot to find 3 bottles of wax). They have complete service history and it has been maintained at only service station.

I forgot to mention in my previous post it has done only 19000 km

Btw, if you want a good Civic, I believe there's a chap on Carwale, selling a Feb-2008 Civic (done only 23000km) in supposedly good condition (I have not seen it myself), with modified low-profile alloy wheels and leather seats and stuff, asking for 6.25 lakhs. If you want, I'll link you to the ad.
Old 25th December 2011, 20:38   #3914
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
Need inputs from you. A friend of mine in Bombay is looking at purchasing a 2nd hand sedan in the range of 4 lakhs. He is currently looking at petrol cars, no good diesel options available. He'll be keeping this car for minimum 2 years atleast.

The options at hand - a 2006 Optra 1.6 Royale and 2007 Honda City ZX Vtec M/T, both being offered from Mahindra First choice. He hasn't been able to source any from individual sellers. The Optra is in an immaculate condition and just under 4L, and he's preferring this car. (The city's higher by 40k)

Q1. Is MF a good option? They are offering one/two year warranties on these cars.

Q2. Feedback required on the Optra. Also is the pricing correct for both the cars? I feel they are definitely on the higher side.

Awaiting your inputs.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 25th December 2011 at 20:40.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:39   #3915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post

• 190/15 alloy wheels
  • tweeters
  • leather seats

Get it checked out thoroughly by your preferred mechanic or by Honda themselves. That is a very good price IMO for the car, check if it's accident free and if it drives well. Yes, the mileage is a bit high as mentioned by you, but it's still a very good deal on the face of it. Make sure you know what you're getting into though; don't rush into it just because your heart leaps at the thought of owning a City for such a terrific price. Do your research and come to a decision in due course of time.

Good luck! Let us know how it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Guys,
Need inputs from you. A friend of mine in Bombay is looking at purchasing a 2nd hand sedan in the range of 4 lakhs. He is currently looking at petrol cars, no good diesel options available. He'll be keeping this car for minimum 2 years atleast.

The options at hand - a 2006 Optra 1.6 Royale and 2007 Honda City ZX Vtec M/T, both being offered from Mahindra First choice. He hasn't been able to source any from individual sellers. The Optra is in an immaculate condition and just under 4L, and he's preferring this car. (The city's higher by 40k)

Q1. Is MF a good option? They are offering one/two year warranties on these cars.

Q2. Feedback required on the Optra. Also is the pricing correct for both the cars? I feel they are definitely on the higher side.

Awaiting your inputs.
I remember reading somewhere around this forum that Mahindra First Choice are quite iffy according to their experiences with them. Tell your friend to be patient and try to avoid dealers, especially those fronted by car manufacturers. Better to be safe than rushing things and being sorry later. In any case, even though I know so little about the market value of these cars, it still seems overpriced. They're petrol cars that are about 4-5 years old for crying out loud! Everyone on the forum keeps saying that petrol cars are losing out on resale value, so why get gouged like this? I think it's excessive, but I could be wrong. Matter of fact, I'd love to be proven wrong!

Tell your friend to keep looking, preferably elsewhere.

Last edited by iliketurtles : 25th December 2011 at 21:49. Reason: Added another response

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks