Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 10:45   #3961
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
how about with brand new tyres(as in unwrapped and installed on delivery) and 1 year insurance thrown in?
I know there's some bit of premium since its first choice, but i dont mind that.
Mayank, that is still a high price in my opinion. New tyres and insurance would be a max value of 25k. Personally I wouldn't buy the car for a paisa above 4.25L. Remember it's 1 generation + 1 facelift old model now. In the last 3 months I have seen 2 ANHCs change hands including a late 2009 model with 6k on the odo and in next to new condition (went for 5.5L). From what I have seen 5L is still a pretty tall ask for the car in question.

However it looks as if you have paid the token amount and are set to take delivery. There are no hard and fast rules in the used car market. If you feel that the car will deliver value against what you are paying then don't fret over it.

Re. MFC (or for that matter any used car dealer - of which there are plenty that I come across) you should always deal with utmost caution with them. Dealers are usually people's last resort to sell their cars and most of the cars that end up at dealers are the ones that could not e sold to individuals because of one or the other reason. It is ALWAYS necessary to do thorough checks on the car's engine, body and chasis and take delivery only if fully satisfied.
Cesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 15:51   #3962
Senior - BHPian

Brand new Safari vs almost new Bolero Storm(VLX)

Almost considered a used Cedia but gave up the idea looking at the practical side...

As i pondered between the idea of picking a used or a new car, ultimately i have come close to 2 vehicles which i have soft corner for...

Safari has some interesting deals now, 40k exchange bonus + 30k discount which makes it pretty interesting deal, i am considering Safari LX which is about 9.52 on road excluding discounts.

Bolero storm is 3months old and has about 4k kms on the odo, am not yet sure about the expected price.

btw Whats is a good/justifiable price for a Sep, 2011, 4k run BoleroCrde VLX?

lookforward to hear from you guys.

thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:12   #3963
BHPian

Re: Brand new Safari vs almost new Bolero Storm(VLX)

7L +/- 15k is good price for Bolero considering that its not in the market anymore. But as far as my knowledge the Bolero storm's production was stopped in the month of July so do check again.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:18   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, yes it is Storm. but i think the expected price is close to 8lacs, am not sure if it makes sense to pick at this price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
7L +/- 15k is good price for Bolero considering that its not in the market anymore. But as far as my knowledge the Bolero storm's production was stopped in the month of July so do check again.
Old 29th December 2011, 16:24   #3965
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2618809

For Pune:
Quote:
Safari LX (OTR):- 8.57 lac + 22k (cladding paint and Fog lamps) = 8.79 lac
So final is 8.79 lac.
On this you are getting 50 K discount.

8.79 lac - 50K = 8.29 lac

Makes it easy to choose the Safari.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:28   #3966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Bolero storm is 3months old and has about 4k kms on the odo, am not yet sure about the expected price.
If the Bolero is with a dealer, then stay away from it. If it's for sale by the 1st owner in the used car market and in excellent condition, then 6.5L should be a good price to pay. It's a discontinued model, so 8L is quite unrealistic, IMO.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th December 2011 at 16:29.
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 16:44   #3967
Senior - BHPian

WOW seems like a great deal, i think i need to bargain for this price and goodies

Bolero is of my friend and even i felt anything above 7 is not justifiable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2618809

For Pune:

Makes it easy to choose the Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If the Bolero is with a dealer, then stay away from it. If it's for sale by the 1st owner in the used car market and in excellent condition, then 6.5L should be a good price to pay. It's a discontinued model, so 8L is quite unrealistic, IMO.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st December 2011, 15:35   #3968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc

Mayank, that is still a high price in my opinion. New tyres and insurance would be a max value of 25k. Personally I wouldn't buy the car for a paisa above 4.25L. Remember it's 1 generation + 1 facelift old model now. In the last 3 months I have seen 2 ANHCs change hands including a late 2009 model with 6k on the odo and in next to new condition (went for 5.5L). From what I have seen 5L is still a pretty tall ask for the car in question.

However it looks as if you have paid the token amount and are set to take delivery. There are no hard and fast rules in the used car market. If you feel that the car will deliver value against what you are paying then don't fret over it.

Re. MFC (or for that matter any used car dealer - of which there are plenty that I come across) you should always deal with utmost caution with them. Dealers are usually people's last resort to sell their cars and most of the cars that end up at dealers are the ones that could not e sold to individuals because of one or the other reason. It is ALWAYS necessary to do thorough checks on the car's engine, body and chasis and take delivery only if fully satisfied.
Odometer has been clocked back by about 25k.
Now the fight starts for either a refund of 20k blocking amount, or a price correction.
Any connects guys?
Old 31st December 2011, 19:14   #3969
PhX
BHPian

[quote=mayankk;2628006]Odometer has been clocked back by about 25k. [quote] How did you find this out?

Quote:
Now the fight starts for either a refund of 20k blocking amount, or a price correction.
Any connects guys?
Are you sure that's the only thing that they've tried to deceive you about? I don't know, man, this leaves a bad taste in the mouth. When you drive the vehicle later, you might keep asking yourself what else is possibly wrong with the vehicle. The general consensus in the thread seems to be that you're overpaying for it anyway. This may not be the advice you want to hear, but probably you should leave it.
Old 31st December 2011, 19:30   #3970
Distinguished - BHPian

I called up the 2 big Honda ss in Delhi asking about what was done in the last service.
Ring road Honda confirmed the car came in on January for 60k service with 57k on the clock.
I think I can safely add 10k since then.
That's heavy running man, from April 08!
Decided to pass on this deal.
Now meeting the regional manager of mfc on Monday with the franchisee guys.
Damn it, how they must be screwing over people who dont check.

Slight sadness, though.
I always feel that cars are like dogs.
Even the shabbiest of them want a good home, and will be good companions.
Felt bad when mfc didn't produce the service history as promised, and I had to check with Honda.
The car was ready, washed, and waiting, with ribbons etc.
Shame.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 19:48   #3971
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
I called up the 2 big Honda ss in Delhi asking about what was done in the last service.
Ring road Honda confirmed the car came in on January for 60k service with 57k on the clock.

Slight sadness, though.
Felt bad when mfc didn't produce the service history as promised, and I had to check with Honda.
Shame.
First of all, I think you've made the right choice. So kudos on that.

Secondly, though it's obviously a bad experience for you, I think as a community, we ought to thank you for sharing this with us. I'm actually slightly horrified at how supposedly trustworthy company-affiliated pre-owned dealers can do such a thing... I think you should maybe post a new thread with your experience to warn others. Whereas previously I was taking criticisms of MFC and MTV with a bit of moderation in mymind, I think your experience has made me realise that these guys cannot be trusted at all!

Edit:
PS: Your sentiments comparing a car to a pet are nice.
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 09:11   #3972
BHPian

Quote:

Slight sadness, though.
Shame.
Happy New Year to all car lovers.

Mayank: Since its MFC, you should take nothing less than for full refund as they have given misleading info while selling and selling cars with tampered odo amounts to cheating.
Also, i am a firm believer in that something better awaits you after every disappointment and I'm sure you will find a better car at a cheaper price than this one.
Why don't you stretch a bit and look at likes of Civic etc where there are currently excellent deals going. Also, with the change in the year, the cars from today will add one more year to their age and hence lower price than last month. Check out the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...trol-cars.html
sharadmumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:52   #3973
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I will put up a thread with my MFC experience soon, just waiting for some resolution on the blocking amount paid, which i unexpectedly find blocked...

Meantime, Just so that this pops up for someone searching(some rudimentary SEO).
Honda city zx vtec registration number DL 7CF 5892, model year 2008, month april.
If you are looking at this vehicle, walk away if the odometer says anything under 57000 kms.
It has been clocked back to 37000 kms.

Shall update soon.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:53   #3974
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a Palio Stile (1.1 or 1.6). However, my budget is at the max 1.5 lacs; do you guys feel its possible?
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:58   #3975
Senior - BHPian

@amtak: I was offered a 11k km run 2009 Palio Stile 1.1 SLX for about 1.8L. So in 1.5 with some stretchability, you should be able to get one.

Anyone noticed that carwale.com's used car valuation is bit erratic? I was using it pretty regularly to come up with estimates, and now suddenly it is showing increased resale value for almost every car! More specifically, a June 10 Chevrolet Beat LT OPT petrol 10000 km run was showing resale value of about 3.6L last month. Now it is showing about 3.95! I thought year progressions reduced car resale, not increase it!

Most Viewed