Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 22:15   #4021
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Have to check it in person. Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 10th January 2012, 07:54   #4022
BHPian

Guys,

I am a passive follower of this forum and really enjoying myself here ....and for a change would need some quick opinions on the following -

I am using Swift Zxi 2006 - 1,10,000 kms approx. Car is trouble free and running on CNG since last 80,000kms or so.

Planning to upgrade the car - to SX4. Have found the following at Apra True Value -

May 2010 SX4 ZXi - 4500kms only. Present RC is on the name of Apra Only. This would cost me 6.3L ... As per Apra this was a demo car - i really dont know what does this mean - probably either a showroom piece, or maybe used by some top management guy ... ?? The date on tires was April 2010 - so ODO doesn't seem to be tampered with.

I know outside this would be cheaper - but I have quite good experience with True Value and would want to stick with them rather than un-trusted outside source.

Can someone reply back to let me know if this is a good deal ?
Old 10th January 2012, 13:27   #4023
Senior - BHPian

What should be fair price for MH-01 registered 3 year old Innova V having 38k on the odo?
Old 10th January 2012, 13:38   #4024
BHPian

What should be fair price for HR-03 registered 2006 October model Ford Fiesta 1.4 Exi (Petrol) having 46k on the odo?
Old 11th January 2012, 14:43   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys,

I am a passive follower of this forum and really enjoying myself here ....and for a change would need some quick opinions on the following -

I am using Swift Zxi 2006 - 1,10,000 kms approx. Car is trouble free and running on CNG since last 80,000kms or so.

Planning to upgrade the car - to SX4. Have found the following at Apra True Value -

May 2010 SX4 ZXi - 4500kms only. Present RC is on the name of Apra Only. This would cost me 6.3L ... As per Apra this was a demo car - i really dont know what does this mean - probably either a showroom piece, or maybe used by some top management guy ... ?? The date on tires was April 2010 - so ODO doesn't seem to be tampered with.

I know outside this would be cheaper - but I have quite good experience with True Value and would want to stick with them rather than un-trusted outside source.

Can someone reply back to let me know if this is a good deal ?

If its a Demo car, which basically means that its the car which was on display and for test drives when the showroom/company had introduced the model. So every joker and his uncle have had a go on her before it was sold off to a customer for a price tag lower than that of the showroom tag.
I would say if you are spending 6+ lacs, might as well wait for another piece to turn up. Stay away from a demo piece.
stormsearcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:24   #4026
BHPian

What should be fair price for TN registered 2007 Ford Fiesta ZXi TDCi- 2nd Owner -company maintained - having 55k on the odo?

Last edited by sparkglow : 11th January 2012 at 15:35.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:00   #4027
BHPian

Bhai... 2006 car in Kolkata means Road tax has expired so you need to spend 32K for road tax plus a good 16K on insurance surely. So bargain harder.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:07   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Demo car means a car used as Test Drive vehicle in the showroom and would have been driven by thousands of people earlier and possibly subject to short term torture tests and insane driving. But at the same time, since it is a Demo TD vehicle, the showroom has taken good care of it to make it likeable enough for a TD'ing customer to want to buy a new car. So as long as you confirm the age, mileage, and accident condition of the car it should provide you with years of trouble free service. But do try to bargain as much as possible and get the price further down, but if the condition of the car is worth it, then there is no harm in paying a little premium over the current market price as long as you know you are getting a good value car. Do also try to get (lots of) some freebies like scratch removal, teflon coating, sunfilm etc from the dealer.

How can I tell you all this, because I have bought such a car 1 year ago and have been enjoying a trouble free and premium drive experience so far. Just make sure that dealer takes responsibility of registering the car in your name since if it is a non-BS4 vehicle, it can't be registered in NCR.
Old 11th January 2012, 17:49   #4029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Have to check it in person. Thanks for the advice guys.
Looks like a good deal but before you go ahead get hold of the complete service history from ford and check the mileage during the last service.

Had a bad experience a few days back, went to see Swift VDI 2008 model 16k run asking price was 3.9 lk and it was direct from the owner no dealers involved. Went to a MS service station to check the service history and was shocked to see 70K as the last mileage reading that was recorded during the last service. Canceled the deal and took back a lesson that odo tampering case are not just related to used car dealers but also owners.

Would have loved to give the owner a piece of my mind but decided otherwise since I was at his house and his little son was around.
SwiftSD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 17:49   #4030
BHPian

Hey guys,
I had bought a civic 2009 1.8V A/T last year in July but planning to relocate soon. I'm not sure if im expecting too much for a 09 2nd owner civic which has done 23000 km but the Arya Honda guy offered me 4.5! :-S

Your thoughts on the asking price? Car is pretty much in mint condition.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:37   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa
Hey guys,
I had bought a civic 2009 1.8V A/T last year in July but planning to relocate soon. I'm not sure if im expecting too much for a 09 2nd owner civic which has done 23000 km but the Arya Honda guy offered me 4.5! :-S

Your thoughts on the asking price? Car is pretty much in mint condition.
That's way too low. In Hyderabad I would say 7 for an 09 AT. Experts to advise.
Old 11th January 2012, 18:52   #4032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
What should be fair price for TN registered 2007 Ford Fiesta ZXi TDCi- 2nd Owner -company maintained - having 55k on the odo?
+ve: company maintained, 55k odo(if it is true)

-ve: 2nd owner.

If it is a Chennai registered, around 4.5L. If it is rest of TN, then add a 25k.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 20:19   #4033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
+ve: company maintained, 55k odo(if it is true)

-ve: 2nd owner.

If it is a Chennai registered, around 4.5L. If it is rest of TN, then add a 25k.
Thanks! Any pointers to ascertain the genuineness of the ODO? What other things need to be checked?
Old 11th January 2012, 21:15   #4034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Thanks! Any pointers to ascertain the genuineness of the ODO? What other things need to be checked?
Check the dates on tires - and correspond them with the vehicle age.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:18   #4035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Demo car means a car used as Test Drive vehicle in the showroom and would have been driven by thousands of people earlier and possibly subject to short term torture tests and insane driving.
=========
Just make sure that dealer takes responsibility of registering the car in your name since if it is a non-BS4 vehicle, it can't be registered in NCR.
I have bought this beauty ....excellent piece, nothing wrong with engine/looks or damages. Had followed the checklist available on the forum - so far it all looks genuine and OK. And yes, the dealer is responsible for getting the RC + insurance transferred to my name - 6.25 is the price inclusive of everything.
(its a BS4 vehicle )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks