Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 21:22   #4036
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What should be the asking price for my Black Getz GVS petrol version bought in oct 2005 with 58K on odometer single owner in good condition.I am asking about 1.80L, is it fair?
BTW last service and insurance was 3months back.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:43   #4037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Hey guys,
I had bought a civic 2009 1.8V A/T last year in July but planning to relocate soon. I'm not sure if im expecting too much for a 09 2nd owner civic which has done 23000 km but the Arya Honda guy offered me 4.5! :-S

Your thoughts on the asking price? Car is pretty much in mint condition.
You can directly check with "Dr Car" and can get some good price for this car. Otherwise I know a person who deal with used cars. Pl PM me for his contact details, if needed.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:16   #4038
Senior - BHPian

How much should I expect for my 2007 Grand Vitara 2.0 AT with 62K kms on the ODO. I am planning to upgrade to the new Fortuner now.

Also which is the best month to sell your car?
Old 11th January 2012, 22:31   #4039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Thanks! Any pointers to ascertain the genuineness of the ODO? What other things need to be checked?
As posted by ptaneja, the tyres will tell the proper engine age. Check the tyre condition. If it is brand new or worn out, then it corresponds with the 55k mileage.

The manufactured month of the tyre can be seen on the sidewall. It is a 4 digit number. (like 3309, which indicates 33rd week of 2009)
Old 11th January 2012, 22:56   #4040
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What would be a fair price for an October 2005 Baleno Vxi. First Owner. Run 28,000 Kms. Mum registered. Car is in very good condition but will need new tyres soon.

Would appreciate a quick response.

Regards,

SS
Old 11th January 2012, 23:24   #4041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
+ve: company maintained, 55k odo(if it is true)

-ve: 2nd owner.

If it is a Chennai registered, around 4.5L. If it is rest of TN, then add a 25k.
That's not true.

Value for this car would not be anything more than 4 lakhs (If he gets lucky while selling) be it anywhere in India, excluding Bangalore.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:42   #4042
BHPian

What can I expect for my Swift? Details:

Base: Trivandrum
Year: 2006
Model: VXI/ABS, Silky Silver
Mileage: 127000
Completely Agency serviced - Indus followed by Sarathy.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:54   #4043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa
Hey guys,
I had bought a civic 2009 1.8V A/T last year in July but planning to relocate soon. I'm not sure if im expecting too much for a 09 2nd owner civic which has done 23000 km but the Arya Honda guy offered me 4.5! :-S

Where is the car registered? And as a 2nd owner when had you bought the vehicle.
Old 12th January 2012, 00:08   #4044
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

4.5 is too low, even for a 2nd owner. Which month of 2009 is it? You can normally find broker-quoted price of 2009 Civics on carwale.com for about 8L. After bargaining, you can probably buy one from a broker for much less. By the way, please do PM me with what you consider a fair price. I'm looking into the option of buying a second-hand car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
That's way too low. In Hyderabad I would say 7 for an 09 AT. Experts to advise.
Sounds about right, although because it's a 2nd owner, you may suffer a bit. However, it has only been driven 23k km, so that's a plus point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I have bought this beauty ....excellent piece, nothing wrong with engine/looks or damages. Had followed the checklist available on the forum - so far it all looks genuine and OK. And yes, the dealer is responsible for getting the RC + insurance transferred to my name - 6.25 is the price inclusive of everything.
(its a BS4 vehicle )
Congrats! Post pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Where is the car registered? And as a 2nd owner when had you bought the vehicle.
If this is Mumbai vs Thane kind of situation, that should not make a difference of more than 10k to the price as it doesn't cost more than 10k to transfer from Thane registration to Mumbai.
Old 12th January 2012, 00:43   #4045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post

It is a tardeo registered car..MH 01 AL^^^^ I had bought the car in July but planning to get rid of the car and not go through the hassle of registering in AP and then taking a refund in Maharashtra. Although a dealer of mine recommends the move because he feels that im likely to get a much higher price in AP than i would in Bombay.
Also a (not very) reliable friend said to me that if i was to register the car in AP again, the No. of owners would be 1 and not 2. Not sure if this is true. I guess the experts on the forum will be in a better position to answer.

On a related note, I was thinking of hoping to settle for anything between 8 and 8.5. Any thoughts on the asking price as well? Thanks a ton guys!
Old 12th January 2012, 03:12   #4046
BHPian

Quote:
It is a tardeo registered car..MH 01 AL^^^^ I had bought the car in July but planning to get rid of the car and not go through the hassle of registering in AP and then taking a refund in Maharashtra. Although a dealer of mine recommends the move because he feels that im likely to get a much higher price in AP than i would in Bombay.
Also a (not very) reliable friend said to me that if i was to register the car in AP again, the No. of owners would be 1 and not 2. Not sure if this is true. I guess the experts on the forum will be in a better position to answer.

On a related note, I was thinking of hoping to settle for anything between 8 and 8.5. Any thoughts on the asking price as well? Thanks a ton guys!
You are in an even difficult situation than you have though. Sorry for the disappointment.

1. If you sell it with MH registration in AP (If you are able to sell it), low resale than ever. Chances are, the buyer will run the car without transferring as he would think of saving on registration charges.
2. If you get it re-registered, chances, you may not get the desired resale again and you have already put your foot in the pot-hole. Since you are re-locating, finding a desired price takes time, which I guess you do not have.

I would suggest,find a buyer and make a deal with him with your expected price and once deal is finalized, pay the tax and get it registered in his name in AP.

Last edited by Googleman : 12th January 2012 at 03:13.
Old 12th January 2012, 07:35   #4047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
That's not true.

Value for this car would not be anything more than 4 lakhs (If he gets lucky while selling) be it anywhere in India, excluding Bangalore.

It is a diesel and it is TN, and diesel resales have boosted due to

1) Road tax increase
2) The usual petrol price hikes.

I was shocked when my 2002 ford ikon D was offered a price way higher than what carwale or used car valuations rate it.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:45   #4048
BHPian

I normally refer to carwale.com for used car valuation. Very frequently i check the valuation. Off late i am observing that there seems to be huge increase in the resale value of cars. Is it due to any genuine factor. Someone on the forum was also complaining on this. It is good for car sellers and what about car buyers???
Old 12th January 2012, 11:39   #4049
BHPian

But is it true that if i do take the trouble of re registering the car in AP it will become a Single owner car for the purposes of resale? In which case i'm pretty sure a 23000k done (SINGLE owner) black civic will fetch above 8..car wale says i will get 10!!
Old 12th January 2012, 12:47   #4050
BHPian

since you are changing location and registering the vehicle in your own name in a different place , it will still be a single owner car

Most Viewed