Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 15:56   #4051
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
It is a diesel and it is TN, and diesel resales have boosted due to

1) Road tax increase
2) The usual petrol price hikes.

I was shocked when my 2002 ford ikon D was offered a price way higher than what carwale or used car valuations rate it.
Yes I am talking about Diesel. If it was petrol price would be 2.8 lakhs. I am not giving estimated from carwale and all, they just are a total brainwash.

Fiesta Diesel - 2nd owner, be it any make before 2008, will not go beyond 4 lakhs, unless you get hold of a really stupid buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
But is it true that if i do take the trouble of re registering the car in AP it will become a Single owner car for the purposes of resale? In which case i'm pretty sure a 23000k done (SINGLE owner) black civic will fetch above 8..car wale says i will get 10!!
Re-registering a car does not add or subtract the number of owners.
10 lakhs? Stop referring to carwale if you don't want to get disappointed with your sale.

Best way to valuate your car is, look for other Civics for sale in your town, of same make and model and figure out where your car stands. Quote it accordingly. Think how much would you pay if you had to buy it.

Last edited by Googleman : 12th January 2012 at 16:03.
Googleman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 13:42   #4052
BHPian

What should be the right price for the following car:

Make & Model: Toyota Corolla
Variant: HE 1.8J (Base Model), Equipped with ABS
Year: 2008
Kms Done: 35000
Condition: Excellent & with Complete Service Record.
Regn: Delhi
Old 13th January 2012, 14:13   #4053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post

Fiesta Diesel - 2nd owner, be it any make before 2008, will not go beyond 4 lakhs, unless you get hold of a really stupid buyer.
How much would a 2008 Sept Fiesta Zxi TDCI (facelifted) with around 15000 clicks go for? I am looking at one and he is quoting nothing less than 5.6 lakhs for it. The car is kerala registered.
Old 13th January 2012, 17:15   #4054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
How much would a 2008 Sept Fiesta Zxi TDCI (facelifted)
Unfortunately Fiesta Diesels have high resale in Chennai and Kerala,
Upwards of 08 you will not find any diesels (under 40K) for < 5L
Old 13th January 2012, 17:25   #4055
BHPian

What would be the right price for the following car:
Car : Fiat Punto Emotion 90HP
Year : May 11'
Odo : 15k
Considering the lower resale value that Fiat's command, would something around 5.5 - 6 be reasonable?

Last edited by ChrisFrancis : 13th January 2012 at 17:27.
Old 13th January 2012, 19:10   #4056
Distinguished - BHPian

Selling my sparingly used M800 (July 2006 model) non-AC for 65,000. Will be gone out of my life on Sunday.

Tried my best to get a better price but it's tough to sell a petrol car (that too the 800) at any good prices. Guess I have to be satisfied with what I am getting.

It has run less than 25K kms and is fairly maintained, with full service record. New owner wanted it for 60K but was able to squeeze 5K more from him.

Hope it's a good price.
Old 13th January 2012, 21:53   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Merely 65K for a sparingly used 800? I know, the car is not very popular anymore and it is the Alto that now commands excellent resale value but I am thinking how lucky the new owner is to get a frugal and hassle free car at rock bottom prices. Well, this is just a thought and I do not mean to offend or criticise you but if I were you, the car would had remained with me.

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 22:14   #4058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Merely 65K for a sparingly used 800? I know, the car is not very popular anymore and it is the Alto that now commands excellent resale value but I am thinking how lucky the new owner is to get a frugal and hassle free car at rock bottom prices. Well, this is just a thought and I do not mean to offend or criticise you but if I were you, the car would had remained with me.

Regards.
Resale value for the 800 has indeed touched rock bottom.

One of my friends sold his 2003 M800 AC (5-speed) at 60,000, and another sold his 2005 M800 AC at 75,000. My local mechanic who does most of the work for our Marutis clearly told me that if mine was an AC model, I could have got around 80K. My esteemed colleague sold his 2003 Santro AC recently for 85K as well.

Comparing it to these deals, I felt 65K for a non-AC 2006 model is fair. Not good or bad, but fair. I know, for a <25K kms driven car it's low (I had planned for 1L initially but there were no takers at that price), and my Dad is adamant about not leaving his Esteem (for my 800). So that leaves me no choice.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th January 2012 at 22:15.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 22:22   #4059
Senior - BHPian

Going by the prices you have mentioned, the price you are getting for your car has suddenly started looking quite okay. Yes, 'fair' has to be the word for it. Firstly, I would like to thank you for painting the correct picture about the resale value of the 800s and secondly, I still feel that at these rock bottom prices, the buyers of these cars are a lucky lot.

Regards.
Old 13th January 2012, 22:42   #4060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Comparing it to these deals, I felt 65K for a non-AC 2006 model is fair. Not good or bad, but fair. I know, for a <25K kms driven car it's low (I had planned for 1L initially but there were no takers at that price), and my Dad is adamant about not leaving his Esteem (for my 800). So that leaves me no choice.
I feel the price has to do something with your location also. I m telling you this as I hail from a place close to Jagdalpur and there people for some reason do not prefer a used car. You try selling anything (read used automobile) there and I m sure you will always get an unfair price .
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 00:56   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
How much would a 2008 Sept Fiesta Zxi TDCI (facelifted) with around 15000 clicks go for? I am looking at one and he is quoting nothing less than 5.6 lakhs for it. The car is kerala registered.
A diesel car for sale just after 15K KMS? Is the owner nuts?

5.6 is way too much, but if I would be you, I would go to see what's in the car which he is so confident about.

Or,

Just a greedy owner.

Last edited by Googleman : 14th January 2012 at 00:58.
Old 14th January 2012, 09:53   #4062
BHPian

Need urgent advice on how much should I pay for a Pune Register, City V AT, Single owned, 2010 August Model with 33k on odo. My primary search indicates pre owned city deals are not as mouth watering as preowned SX4 / SX4 AT.
Old 14th January 2012, 10:08   #4063
BHPian

any inputs on a cheap car (less than 75-80k) in coimbatore/TN registration? i've to gift a car to my sis-in-law and this car should be easy to drive and cheap to maintain; she'll use it primarily to commute to college. i've been on lookout for a used ZEN from an individual buyer but not much luck so far. what other cars can i look at?

missed a deal: a colleague recently sold his single owner 1997 Zen AT for 75000 to an individual buyer. and the car was Parsi owned and was in very very good condition; alas, he sold it before i could even ask him.
Old 14th January 2012, 10:34   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Need urgent advice on how much should I pay for a Pune Register, City V AT, Single owned, 2010 August Model with 33k on odo. My primary search indicates pre owned city deals are not as mouth watering as preowned SX4 / SX4 AT.
Not more than 7 I would say. It may be noted that facelifted City has been launched and so have been the new variants. You can capitalize on that as it does not matters what the price of City V was back when the seller had bought the car.
Old 14th January 2012, 19:49   #4065
BHPian

Well now came across immaculate Civic 2010 model of an ex armed forces officer with unbelievably low mileage. Asking price more than 10Lac.

How does it sound. I think I would rather go for XUV W6 at 11 Lac ex showroom. It is diesel, good mileage and would hold resale much better. Any inputs?

Most Viewed