Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 16:40   #4141
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
A 3rd owner to pay 4.6L for an i10 is a bit too much to expect.
Even though KA used car price is higher than rest of the country, I would think that more than 4L should be very very difficult..If I was the buyer, I wouldn't have quoted more than 3.5 Lakhs (3 owners in 10K Kms doesn't sound too good to me)
4.6L is not my expectation rather it is just the quote given by carwale.com. I am the second owner and not third. There is always a option to verify the kilometre reading with the A.S.S. 10k reading is a genuine one. If the car is run for more number of kms and the reading shown seems to be less, then there are many ways to verify the same by checking the stock tyres or replaced tyres, engine components etc. You are a bhpian i assume you know all this. Also remember no bhpian will sell of his car by tampering his reading. We all belong to a different breed.

Last edited by rki2007 : 31st January 2012 at 16:41.
Old 31st January 2012, 18:16   #4142

Guys need your help here,

Please let me know the price for a Hyundai Santro Xing XG, Dec 2004 model (Bangalore registration). Its done 38k kilometers and is in fairly good condition except for some scratches due to Bangalore traffic. Its got a new battery and still runs on the original rubber. Quoted price is 2 lacs (negotiable), Carwale price is around 1.6 to 1.9 lacs.

Need your expert suggestion on the prices ASAP!
Old 31st January 2012, 19:22   #4143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
4.6L is not my expectation rather it is just the quote given by carwale.com. I am the second owner and not third. There is always a option to verify the kilometre reading with the A.S.S. 10k reading is a genuine one. If the car is run for more number of kms and the reading shown seems to be less, then there are many ways to verify the same by checking the stock tyres or replaced tyres, engine components etc. You are a bhpian i assume you know all this. Also remember no bhpian will sell of his car by tampering his reading. We all belong to a different breed.
Sorry if I created any confusion over here.. What I meant was - From the point of view of a buyer, he is going to be the 3rd owner in just 10K Kms (Which I said doesn't sound good to me, I didn't even think about the ODO tampering part). Think of a buyer, selling a 3rd owner car(after he has become the owner) which he bought for 4.6L!!!

Also carwale valuations are showing a surge in prices recently (I think you can find the discussion about it in this same thread), maybe due to dealers putting in higher prices. So carwale might not be the best place to look for a reference now..

I hope I have clarified myself...Again I am really sorry if I created the impression that I was doubting a fellow bhp-ian for performing an illegal action like tampering the ODO.
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 23:22   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_rx View Post
Guys need your help here,

Please let me know the price for a Hyundai Santro Xing XG, Dec 2004 model (Bangalore registration). Its done 38k kilometers and is in fairly good condition except for some scratches due to Bangalore traffic. Its got a new battery and still runs on the original rubber. Quoted price is 2 lacs (negotiable), Carwale price is around 1.6 to 1.9 lacs.

Need your expert suggestion on the prices ASAP!
I would say 2L is a bit over-priced. I think the valuation by carwale seems to be right. Around 1.7 would be fine.

Oops.. Just noticed that it is B'lore registered. Are you going to buy it to drive in Chennai? You will have to spend on NOC/re-registering too. So, factor out at least 10K for that too.
Old 31st January 2012, 23:39   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Folks, I'm contemplating on selling my 2008 DZIRE VDI. It is single owned, Bangalore registration. I had changed all 5 tyres to Michelin XM1+ and the car also has a reverse parking sensor. Total km on the ODO is 49,500km. True value is quoting about 4.75lakhs, whereas other used car dealers are quoting much lesser. A new dzire retails for about 7.8lakhs in bangalore. What do you think should be the ideal price?
I had researched the used car market a lot few months back and I feel that 4.75 for a 2008 dezire VDI is slightly on the lower side assuming car is in reasonable condition and it has michelin tyres. In fact this was the price quoted for several Swifts.

Dont get in the trap of dealers cartel. They deliberately quote a much lower price and try to buy from you at a throw away rate and make a hefty profit.
Best way is search used cars listed for sale at carwale/sulekha for used dezire VDIs and see what is the market band. You can actually approach the same dealers through your friends as buyers and see how much the dealer actually quotes to them for similar dezires!!!!
My suggestion will be to not to accept anything less than 5.5L and with the levy on diesel cars, the used diesel car market is also going to hot up even further and dezires are any way hard to come by even when buying new!!!!
Finally: post an ad on team-bhp/etc at a good price as you will find good genuine buyers here

Last edited by sharadmumbai : 31st January 2012 at 23:41. Reason: correction
Old 1st February 2012, 10:20   #4146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I would say 2L is a bit over-priced. I think the valuation by carwale seems to be right. Around 1.7 would be fine.

Oops.. Just noticed that it is B'lore registered. Are you going to buy it to drive in Chennai? You will have to spend on NOC/re-registering too. So, factor out at least 10K for that too.
Just for information here in Mumbai one of my friend got one 2007 (do not know month) Santro (do not know variant) run around 45k kms for 1.8 lakh directly from 1st owner. He got through his acquantance in Hyundai. The owner quoted 2.1 L and the deal was finalised on the same day for 1.8 L.

regards.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:31   #4147

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

Thanks for the information Vijay, its gonna be used in Bangalore only, its for my friend.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:49   #4148
BHPian

Whats the good price to pay for the following:

2006 Automatic Skoda Laura top end (L&K)
Second Owner, 64k driven
Thane registered, but Octroi paid for Mumbai
Decent condition (one bad bruise on the right side, just above the wheel)
Serviced at SKODA A.S.S
Service records available.

Carwale valuations seems to be a bit high and hence this query.

Last edited by @Chaand : 1st February 2012 at 12:51.
Old 1st February 2012, 19:49   #4149
BHPian

What will be a good price for the following:

2005 Honda City Gxi
First Owner, 82k driven
Good condition
Mostly highway driven
V-Kool film
New battery
Serviced at Honda A.S.S

Thanks and Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2012, 00:30   #4150
BHPian

I sold the same car model in Aug 2011, (single owner), for 6.35 lakhs to Mahindra First Choice. My car was an Automatic and Thane Registered. Be careful buying a near 6yr old Skoda, spare parts are very expensive. Suspension and A/C problems are quite common.
Considering it already has had 2 owners and has run 64k kms, I dont think you should pay more than 6 to 6.5l for the car.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Whats the good price to pay for the following:

2006 Automatic Skoda Laura top end (L&K)
Second Owner, 64k driven
Thane registered, but Octroi paid for Mumbai
Decent condition (one bad bruise on the right side, just above the wheel)
Serviced at SKODA A.S.S

Carwale valuations seems to be a bit high and hence this query.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:52   #4151
BHPian

I am almost finalizing a pre owned car.

Of the few, one partiular SX4 is on my mind apart from one Civic/SX4/Vento. The car was reported as February 2010 regd. I visited Service centre recently and found that the car is November 2009 make car sold on 20th January 2010. Either this mfg year thing wasn't known to the owner or he is concealing it from me I am not sure of. I am going to see the car tomorrow.

We sort of pre agreed car price i.e. if I like the car and everything is in place, I would pay the amount. This was done because I did not want to waste visit. The price we agreed is ok as per Maruti truevalue friend of mine. He was present when we checked the mfg year.

Now I am thinking that since the car is older should i ask for lesser price.
Is it reasonable on my part?

I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years.

Rgds.
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:57   #4152
BHPian

M getting a 2009 sep fortuner with 18500Kms on odo.silver color
Mh06
Final price 15 lacs.the deal is so inviting according to me.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:53   #4153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
I am almost finalizing a pre owned car.

Of the few, one partiular SX4 is on my mind apart from one Civic/SX4/Vento. The car was reported as February 2010 regd. I visited Service centre recently and found that the car is November 2009 make car sold on 20th January 2010. Either this mfg year thing wasn't known to the owner or he is concealing it from me I am not sure of. I am going to see the car tomorrow.

We sort of pre agreed car price i.e. if I like the car and everything is in place, I would pay the amount. This was done because I did not want to waste visit. The price we agreed is ok as per Maruti truevalue friend of mine. He was present when we checked the mfg year.

Now I am thinking that since the car is older should i ask for lesser price.
Is it reasonable on my part?

I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years.

Rgds.
Well if the car is in the condition that you want it to be then go for it. Since you intend to keep the car for 4 to 5yrs, the slight difference in year wont much of a difference in your selling price when you intend to sell.

Else haggle down 15 to 20k of the price you agreed upon. It is highly unlikely the owner didnt know the year of manufacture. Usually cars from the previous calendar year are sold at a discount of 15 to 20k, and it is only fair that you take the discount into cosideration while quoting your price.

On a side note I fail to understand why we in India are pre occupied with the year of manufacture. In most countries where cars are imported as CBUs (including high end and niche cars in India) the manufacturing date is a good 6months from the date of registration.
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:30   #4154
BHPian

I bought a 2007 Honda Civic V MT, 51000 km, H Red colour, twice owned car for 470000/- today.

Place - Chennai.
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:12   #4155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking
I bought a 2007 Honda Civic V MT, 51000 km, H Red colour, twice owned car for 470000/- today.

Place - Chennai.
Congrats on the deal! In Bangalore, same model would cost 6L +
FE is a worry in Civic.

Most Viewed