Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:44   #4156
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
M getting a 2009 sep fortuner with 18500Kms on odo.silver color
Mh06
Final price 15 lacs.the deal is so inviting according to me.
That is a fantastic deal if everything is alright with the vehicle. Do check thoroughly - price seems to be on the lower side.
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:02   #4157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
That is a fantastic deal if everything is alright with the vehicle. Do check thoroughly - price seems to be on the lower side.
Thanks nilanjan,having a dekkho tomorrow,just want to make sure its not a accident vehicle.Will update shortly.If all goes well,will take the delivery tomorrow.

Can you please tell me how much will I have to spend on maintenance annually?This fortune is driven only 18500Kms.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:17   #4158
Senior - BHPian

Very little. I change oil and oil filter every 5000km so it costs me more. Otherwise should be 5k per year or so. Major parts are expensive but major parts are not expected to fail. Check why the person is selling and whether someone has fooled around with the 4wd system eg driving in 4HL on tarmac.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:52   #4159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray

It is, aint it?
Do get a bolt by bolt check.
Bitten and shy scene.. ...
Old 4th February 2012, 19:23   #4160
BHPian

Am planning to sell my Manza bought in Jan 2011. RC book has Jan 2011 has DOM - Aura+ QJD BS IV Kms :17330. Location Chennai as I am down grading to an hatch (swift ZDI) so that my wife can also drive
In addition to stock, the car has
1) Alloys from Elan version
2) Reverse camera
3) Auto form seat covers (U fly model with perforations in contact area)
4) 2 yrs warranty + 2 yrs extended warranty
5) 3M thick under body painting and interior rust protection (with 5 yrs warranty)
6) Oil changed recently at 17k

Before I post it in Tbhp classified, what would be a right quote for the car? Carwales quotes (7.17L for individual and 6.5L for dealer) seems very high and does not tie with dealers are offering.

Should I spend 3-4k on a 3 step treatment with 3M/Carz Spa to make the car shine?

Last edited by Sridhar K : 4th February 2012 at 19:24.
Old 5th February 2012, 13:30   #4161
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting one behalf of my friend who is in Hyderabad. He is planning to sell his Linea(Petrol) which is Nov 2009 model and has done 5500Kms only. What would be the best quote to sell this car.

Dealers are asking for 3.5-4.20L and individuals are asking for around 4.5L. Carwale shows 5.9L . Now he is confused on the best price to sell this car.
Bhpians, please advise.

Variant: Linea Dynamic
Fuel type: Petrol
KMs: 5500
Color: Grey
Owner: Single/myself
Old 5th February 2012, 13:41   #4162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
He is planning to sell his Linea(Petrol) which is Nov 2009 model and has done 5500Kms only.

Wow, the car is still a virgin and as good as new. If everything else is proper (no accidents, no other issues), then don't sell it for less than 5 L.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 15:12   #4163
Distinguished - BHPian

4.5 is a fair price - whether the car has done 5500 or 55000 is generally overlooked.

What people see is the Year

the low kms might just get you a few extra thousands provided there is a buyer who is looking out for a new Linea and he/she considers this example as a good alternative.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 19:59   #4164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
2 years and 5500kms only - that's just 211kms/month - this figure will sure raise some eyebrows while selling it ....
Old 5th February 2012, 22:20   #4165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Wow, the car is still a virgin and as good as new. If everything else is proper (no accidents, no other issues), then don't sell it for less than 5 L.
Thats what I told him too. But for the moment it looks like it will go for less than 5L only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
2 years and 5500kms only - that's just 211kms/month - this figure will sure raise some eyebrows while selling it ....
Yes, you are right. He hates driving and bought Linea just because he liked its look. Now he is moving outside India and hence selling the car.
Old 8th February 2012, 13:26   #4166
Senior - BHPian

Pre-Owned VW Vento. Yes or NO.

Ive been waiting for the 2012/13 i20 since a long time now. 6months. But theres absolutely no news on it through any source of media. Yes there are pictures doing rounds of a mule but nothing concrete. Any Hyundai refuses to share any news about this. Very irritating.
Other than the i20 the only other good option sounded like the swift. In that price range. Which i already own and owned. Nothing else in the market sounded interesting.
Hence the option of a preowned car. With the cost of a New hatch. A segment upgrade at a little risk.

Iam almost closing a on a deal with a VENTO. Yes VW.
The specs of it are. Its a 2011 April. Done 4k kms Highline Petrol. Single owner. So its not even had its first service.

Id like to know what are the things i need to look out for on this. Since its a VW and recently the whole forum is abuzz with the TDI's burning up in flames.
Iam not new to the used car market. So i know few titsy bits of the market. But iam new to the Brand. No idea how the car is. How it will be after a year. The niggles, the problems, the service and the service centers etc. Id like to know what to look out for. Your suggestions? Except from Member Jesal.

Heres a picture of the car.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-vento.jpg
Old 8th February 2012, 13:48   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pre-Owned VW Vento. Yes or NO.

Well, with the amount of noise going on with VW and the unclear picture as to what really happened in Pune, my advise would be to hold on. This is not to say VW cars are not good, there are many happy owners in Team BHP who are very happy with their Vento's and Polo's.

In the end obviously the choice is all yours.
Old 8th February 2012, 13:53   #4168
BHPian

If all you're asking for is generic information regarding he brand / the car / the service costs and the service centers, then I think you'd be better served by:

1. Reading the detailed review of the car. You can read GTO's fantastic review here. Since you've said you have no idea how the car is, you should find this thread extremely informative.

2. There's also a ton of Vento ownership threads where owners talk about their ownership experience... including their service experiences and costs.

3. You haven't mentioned which service center you're going to be using. If you do, then perhaps owners who use those service centers could guide you.

4. Call up the service center in question and find out if any problems for this particular car have been reported. Why would someone sell a car that's only done 4,000 Kms?

Good luck with your decision.
Old 8th February 2012, 17:06   #4169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its a 2011 April. Done 4k kms Highline Petrol. Single owner.
The official review and ownership threads will help you out regarding niggles, ownership cost etc.

But, a 10 month old car? Be sure about why he wants to sell.

Have the car checked for obvious signs of involvement in accident or other issues (say a defective piece etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Why would someone sell a car that's only done 4,000 Kms?
Maybe because it's a petrol?
Old 8th February 2012, 19:23   #4170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Iam almost closing a on a deal with a VENTO. Yes VW.
The specs of it are. Its a 2011 April. Done 4k kms Highline Petrol. Single owner. So its not even had its first service.
I'd stay stick with Japanese -the overall best for our conditions and they are quite reliable too

This dark blue is a very tough colour to maintain .

Your call.

Most Viewed