Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:11   #4261

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../-Other-.html/

This is the classified posted by my office colleague. Is this ok? Should he be asking for more or less? It's in perfect running condition. Interior, switches, exhaust pie, clutch-plate etc has been changed. V8 engine. Taxes paid till 2020. So what do you guys think?
This is an automatic so no cluctch plate is there. The car looks to be in need of some restoration with respect to interiors. May be it will fetch better price then.
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:10   #4262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Indeed a good price for the 2005 Accent-P. And if the City-2005 is not even getting 3L, I am not even hazarding a guess about what my Baleno-2005 would fetch.
But prices in Delhi are way lesser then rest of the country. So you have to factor that too. Also Baleno is a niche product. The city is just a regular car so may not command any particular premium.

Guys what should be a good price for this car. The add is put up in our classifieds.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/

The price being asked looks a little more to me.

Last edited by drmohitg : 22nd February 2012 at 23:16.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:57   #4263
Senior - BHPian

^^^That's because Delhi taxes are way lesser too. Like Pondicherry where taxes are low and resale is also low.

Talking of taxes, AFAIK Chandigarh also has ridiculously low road-tax. If that is the case, the 2.45L that akshay got for his Accent-2005 is even the more attractive.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:10   #4264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427Cubes View Post
This is an automatic so no cluctch plate is there. The car looks to be in need of some restoration with respect to interiors. May be it will fetch better price then.
no clutch pedal, you mean to say?
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:29   #4265
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But prices in Delhi are way lesser then rest of the country. So you have to factor that too. Also Baleno is a niche product. The city is just a regular car so may not command any particular premium.

Guys what should be a good price for this car. The add is put up in our classifieds.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/

The price being asked looks a little more to me.
On-screen, it looks like a fantastic car. Sparingly used and not very old (not mentioned, but probably June 2010 going by insurance, I am guessing).

Price seems to be slightly on the higher side, considering that the new facelifted model has been launched and the new S-MT has additional features which the old one did not (alloy wheels being the major upgrade here). If you are interested in buying it, you should negotiate, drag it down as much as possible and buy it because, as I said, on screen, looks like a very good and well-maintained car.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:35   #4266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhX View Post
On-screen, it looks like a fantastic car. Sparingly used and not very old (not mentioned, but probably June 2010 going by insurance, I am guessing).

Price seems to be slightly on the higher side, considering that the new facelifted model has been launched and the new S-MT has additional features which the old one did not (alloy wheels being the major upgrade here). If you are interested in buying it, you should negotiate, drag it down as much as possible and buy it because, as I said, on screen, looks like a very good and well-maintained car.
I thought the same. The 2 pics look very good but then the number plate is probably from the time of purchase since its a temp registration (?). So may be the current condition of the car has changed since then. The number given looks like an ISD one. I have mailed the guy. Lets see if he responds back.

BTW what would you call a fair price of the car ( approximate figure) given that Honda has drastically reduced the prices since this guy would have bought his city. Also a newer refreshed model has come. 6.75L is obviously a little too optimistic.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:52   #4267
PhX
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the same. The 2 pics look very good but then the number plate is probably from the time of purchase since its a temp registration (?). So may be the current condition of the car has changed since then. The number given looks like an ISD one. I have mailed the guy. Lets see if he responds back.

BTW what would you call a fair price of the car ( approximate figure) given that Honda has drastically reduced the prices since this guy would have bought his city. Also a newer refreshed model has come. 6.75L is obviously a little too optimistic.
When I was looking for second hand cars in the dying months of 2011, I had almost settled on a Dec-2009 S-MT (passionately maintained, alloys added, some minor accessories also added) for about 6.1L, but I think the seller found a better deal for slightly higher. Bear in mind that I am in Mumbai where the cost of registration is much higher, and at the time, the outgoing S-MT was available OTR after-discount at about 8.7L

Now, the new S-MT is available for 9.5L (without discount) OTR in Mumbai. If you calculate the value of the alloys to be roughly 25K, and remove another 10K for the other new bells and whistles that have been added to the new S-MT, its current value would be about 9.15L. For a car that's 2 years old, remove about 30% depreciation and somewhere around 6.25L would be a fair price in Mumbai. Make your own calculations in Delhi.

Also, some advice, based on my experience:
  • 30% depreciation for 2 years is arbit. Some people only do 25% depreciation.
  • Go and see the car. It all depends on how the actual car is. The thing with second hand cars is that you can't say how well it's been maintained or what condition it's in. If you are satisfied with the condition and maintenance of the car, then it's worth paying a little extra for.
  • Don't be too concerned with overpaying for the car. If you think the car is worth a premium for its condition or due to any other reason, don't hesitate.
  • Don't rush into a decision, but if you like the car and both head and heart say yes, then be prepared to pay a little extra. You do not want to make a decision to go for it, then end up losing out on it due to 10-15k, especially if you're going to keep the car for a good few years. Also consider that a good second hand car comes once in a while, so if you lose out on one, you may not find another as good for a while, depending on that unpredictable monstrosity called "luck"

EDIT:
PS: Also note that the car hasn't been driven much. Only 8000km in Delhi/Ggn is a good deal.

Last edited by PhX : 23rd February 2012 at 10:54.
PhX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:03   #4268
BHPian

Quote:

In Oct'11 a friend bought a August 2009 City SMT with 5600 on the odo for 6L. That car was next to new. With a newer refreshed model on the block, I would definitely not pay a penny over 6L for this car.

EDIT: Just saw PHX's post. I would fully agree with the last 2 bullets of his post.

Last edited by Cesc : 23rd February 2012 at 11:07.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:40   #4269
BHPian

I need a fair value assesment of my Santro car RE SALE VALUE which I am planning to sell now since I have booked a Linea 2012 diesel active.

Hyundai Santro Details :

Year of Mfg- 2005 March
I am the first owner :-)
Model - Santro XG
Color- Silver
Odo reading today - 26k only , since driven from home to office mostly which is 12-14 kms total daily.
Well maintained, all history avl with Hyundai ***.
Mileage- City without ac city 17-20 kmpl on light foot, with ac 16-17 kmpl constant
Highway- 19-21 kmpl @ 80-100 kmph.
No accidents , no parts change yet ...all OEM parts still running well.

I want to sell directly to genuine buyers preferably, not to the second hand car dealers. Will sell only if i get good price else would love to keep it as well since its a excellent zero maintainance car.

Pls suggest the fair value of resale.
Thanks.

Last edited by Amazing : 23rd February 2012 at 11:41.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:50   #4270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I need a fair value assesment of my Santro car RE SALE VALUE which I am planning to sell now since I have booked a Linea 2012 diesel active.

Hyundai Santro Details :

Year of Mfg- 2005 March
I am the first owner :-)
Model - Santro XG
Color- Silver
Odo reading today - 26k only , since driven from home to office mostly which is 12-14 kms total daily.
Well maintained, all history avl with Hyundai ***.
Mileage- City without ac city 17-20 kmpl on light foot, with ac 16-17 kmpl constant
Highway- 19-21 kmpl @ 80-100 kmph.
No accidents , no parts change yet ...all OEM parts still running well.

I want to sell directly to genuine buyers preferably, not to the second hand car dealers. Will sell only if i get good price else would love to keep it as well since its a excellent zero maintainance car.

Pls suggest the fair value of resale.
Thanks.
I think you should expect about 1.8L from an individual buyer. May be 1.9L if the buyer really likes the condition of your car and is willing to pay extra for it. Used car dealers will probably value it at about 1.65L.
Old 24th February 2012, 09:54   #4271
BHPian

I have a query of my own now. Being offerred a 2005 Merc C class (220 CDI). The car has done 150k kms with full service history being available with Mercedes. Shod with Pirellis that will last for another 20k kms. Has insurance for another 4 months. The car is non-accidental (some scratchs and dents have been painted) and in good condition. Asking price 8.5L. I personally feel the price is on the higher side. Any thoughts? Also if somebody can shed some light on the life of auto tranny in Mercs then that would be pretty helpful.
Old 24th February 2012, 15:40   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Yes-i was lucky to find a direct buyer-and yeah car was pampered one,and was in excellent condition

Here in chandigarh it would have fetched you~4L people have a thing for elantra in this part of the country.
Amazing! Useful information for future reference. Thanks a lot
Old 24th February 2012, 17:46   #4273
BHPian

Would appreciate it if I could get a fair quote on my below car :

Maruti Swift ZXI, May 2007, Black
Odo: 25,000~km
Single user(me), driven 90% in Chennai, longest trip was to Pondicherry once.
Insurance with No Claim Bonus for past 4 years. Insurance was claimed in late 2007 to fix a deep dent in the right side panel(10k worth). Currently insurance with TataAIG.
Full service records available on request. Services at CARS service center, Chennai.

In Jan this year, the bumper was damaged by another car and was sent for body work. Both bumpers were to be replaced. Had the car fully painted to avoid looking odd with new bumper. Also had a thorough service check done, and replaced parts that needed to be. This was done at CARS Body shop(OMR) and CARS Adyar service center. Full paperwork available with invoices. Total spent for bodywork + paint + full service = Rs 50k.

Notable features of the car:
Hydraulic power steering.
Height adjustable driver seats.
ABS + Airbags.
Art leather seats and steering cover.
Fancy XXX number.
Steering mounted audio controls. Stock music system.
Driven with love and patience.

Below are photos taken after the car was delivered.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.52.33.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.52.55.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.53.16.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.53.35.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.53.47.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.54.18.jpg
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20120120-09.55.05.jpg

Last edited by SedatedDrive : 24th February 2012 at 18:04.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:10   #4274
BHPian

a honda city S automatic having run 29k odd km is being quoted for 6.85L.

what price can be best negotiated for it? the quote is from a dealer

Last edited by NVI2112 : 24th February 2012 at 19:19.
Old 24th February 2012, 19:28   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVI2112 View Post
a honda city S automatic having run 29k odd km is being quoted for 6.85L.

what price can be best negotiated for it? the quote is from a dealer
Which year model is it? Also how many users?

Most Viewed