Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 23:22   #4306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim
I am getting a fair condition Accent GLE 2007 petrol with just 21k kms on the odo for 1.85 Lakhs. Is it a good buy?
Any sane man would quote highly unrealistic price for a very low run car. But in your case it's the converse. Going by the images you shared I've this gut feeling that the car had done more than 21k.

When you go and check the check in person, the next time, do look for the date of manufacture of tires. The first two digits represent the week and the last two represent the year. For instance, 1107 indicates that the tire was manufactured in the 11th week of the year 2007.

All the best!
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:05   #4307
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

There was a white Yeti 4x4 Elegance sitting around at a dealer in Koramangala Bangalore. Done 25K Kms or 27K Kms. 1 year old. Asking price 17 lacs.

Wonder if this isnt a heavily inflated rate because one can actually go and buy a Brand New 4x4 Elegance (as of last week's pricing enquiries with dealers) at about 20 on road after discounts etc.
Old 2nd March 2012, 09:50   #4308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Auto-terrace is quoting 5L for a 2007 NHC-AT white colour. We are yet to see the car, but would like to know what price would be apt for this car. IMO think 4.5L or less should be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja
5lacs is a bit too much ! You can get a '07 Civic MT at that price . 4.25-4.50 lacs seems a reasonable value .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom
4.0 is fine for a 2007NHC AT.
Checked-out and TD-ed the car yesterday. Both bumpers have been painted, boot-lid and a door touched up - they did mention this. But we could anyway make this out too. Post the paint-job, the car looks neat from exterior. 26K kms done and owned by a Dr who exchanged this for the ANHC-AT. The car is good to drive and gear-shifts are pretty seamless. Tyres are good with quite some life left. Interiors have been cleaned up and some perfume applied. The price listed in their brochure was 4.4lakhs and when we asked for final price, he said 4.25lakhs. I am sure we can get this for 4lakhs - friend to decide over the next couple of days.

Checked the service-history and nothing odd stands out - the car has come in for periodic service each costing between 2600 to 3000. Only concern is that the service duration is 6months or 5K kms, while even for an Alto the duration is 1year and 10K kms. So basically double the maintenance cost of a car in its range.

Thanks, again for the pointers, vigsom and karanraheja !!!
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:02   #4309
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
There was a white Yeti 4x4 Elegance sitting around at a dealer in Koramangala Bangalore. Done 25K Kms or 27K Kms. 1 year old. Asking price 17 lacs.

Wonder if this isnt a heavily inflated rate because one can actually go and buy a Brand New 4x4 Elegance (as of last week's pricing enquiries with dealers) at about 20 on road after discounts etc.
One gets attractive used car deals only on 3+ year old cars. On petrols, one could save up to 50% off price and on diesels, one could save 30 - 35%. Although the owner has priced it fairly, its not such a great deal for the buyer.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:04   #4310
BHPian

Gents,

I have paid advance for a Hyundai getz GVS 2005 model from Advantage Hyundai. The car has clocked 58k on the odo. checked the service history and the ODO is genuine. It is a single owner and comprehensive insurance is available from TATA AIG and the paper also mentioned 20% NCB.

Advantage is also offering me 1 year warranty on this car for engine and gear box.
The cost of the car is 2.3 lacs and hope this is near to market value. We took a test drive for around 15kms and ran good.

Please let me know your views on the same

Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:09   #4311
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This vehicle has done 25-27K Kms in one year - which means an average running of at least 2300-2400 kms per month. Hence I thought it to be a high price.
Ideally the price should have been about 14-15 lacs in my opinion on account of the higher mileage done per month. The vehicle is almost certainly driver driven which is one more reason for concern. It must have hit its second service as well but whether thats been done yet or not is unclear.

Anyway, good luck to the buyer of that vehicle because personally I would be a bit wary if I were in the market for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
One gets attractive used car deals only on 3+ year old cars. On petrols, one could save up to 50% off price and on diesels, one could save 30 - 35%. Although the owner has priced it fairly, its not such a great deal for the buyer.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:36   #4312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ideally the price should have been about 14-15 lacs in my opinion on account of the higher mileage done per month.
Fortunately for you (being an owner of Yeti) and unfortunately for the rest of us, we are in Bangalore!

Premium diesel cars holds its value very well here. If you are not convinced, take a look at the Bangalore used car prices of Fortuner, Laura, 3 Series etc and compare it with that of Mumbai.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:38   #4313
BHPian

Is 7 - 7.25 Lac fair price for preowned T Jet, 6 months old, 7K on odo? Lookinig at finalizing the deal soon. If not this I have made arrangements to pick up Dzire ZDi. The mentioned car has reverse parking sensors and 3M coating and some sun filming done.
Rgds.
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:13   #4314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post
Gents,

I have paid advance for a Hyundai getz GVS 2005 model from Advantage Hyundai. The car has clocked 58k on the odo. the paper also mentioned 20% NCB.

Advantage is also offering me 1 year warranty on this car for engine and gear box.
The cost of the car is 2.3 lacs We took a test drive for around 15kms and ran good.
a seven year old hyundai means corrosion might have set in at some points on the body
that apart the getz is a top class product with great space
one more point - 20% ncb means some claims have been made in preceeding years please check that out
good luck !!
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:06   #4315
Senior - BHPian

What can I realistically expect (from a dealer) for an i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz model purchased in April 2009 (manufactured in Mar 2009). Expecting to exchange it at a dealer for a C segment Sedan.

- The car is registered in Delhi but is in Bangalore now.
- Self driven all along with 20000 KM on board.
- Accessories added are Autoform seat covers, fog lamps (from Hyundai dealer), remote control (from Hyundai), sun-films and reverse parking sensors (these I can remove), anti-rust treatment done (again at Hyundai) and brand new Amaron zero maintenance battery (replaced in Jan 2012).
- Car is in quite good condition with insurance claims once just to replace front windshield. Car has been driven throughout only on City roads (NCR, Bangalore).
- All services regularly done at Hyundai Service Center (in Noida and in Bangalore).

Last edited by joslicx : 2nd March 2012 at 15:30.
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:16   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post
Gents,

I have paid advance for a Hyundai getz GVS 2005 model from Advantage Hyundai. The car has clocked 58k on the odo. checked the service history and the ODO is genuine. It is a single owner and comprehensive insurance is available from TATA AIG and the paper also mentioned 20% NCB.

The cost of the car is 2.3 lacs and hope this is near to market value. We took a test drive for around 15kms and ran good.

Please let me know your views on the same

Thanks
One of my friend bought a 2007 (or 2008) Getz Petrol with 32K in the odo for 2.25 lakhs. The car came with minor scratches and new set of tyres. I feel the price quoted by the dealer is a little higher.
However, Getz is a pretty good car!
mTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 00:46   #4317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
One of my friend bought a 2007 (or 2008) Getz Petrol with 32K in the odo for 2.25 lakhs. The car came with minor scratches and new set of tyres. I feel the price quoted by the dealer is a little higher.
Agree. I sold my 2006 Getz in Dec 2010 (30k km) for 2.3 lakhs. I was quoted a 1.75L for a Nov 2005 GLS Getz in Chennai (45k km) recently.
One should also be vary of the spare parts availability since the car is out of production. I had tough time in 2010 trying to procure the seat adjustment cable which got cut.
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:14   #4318
BHPian

Sold my june 2007 optra magnum tcdi run 98000 kms to a broker for Rs 4,41,000/- He saw the car made a phone call and after a bit of haggling we settled for the above price and within 30 mins he payed the full amount and took the car after taking my signatures on the necessary forms.

Last edited by dockap : 3rd March 2012 at 02:17.
Old 3rd March 2012, 02:50   #4319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post

Buying second hand vehicle which has been phased out is a BIG NO NO

It's better and wiser to shell out more for a running brand/vehicle.
Old 3rd March 2012, 03:22   #4320
BHPian

I am planning to sell my i10 Kappa Sportz , its a 2009 model (Registered in 30 Dec 2009). Has run 32k. What price should i quote for the car?
The car is maintained well, small scratches in a place or two, one accident 7 months ago, nothing major, but have changed all necessary parts.
Just got the tires changed to Yokohama A drive. Your views would help me decide on a price and I don't want to set the price too high/low.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks