Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 12:52   #4561
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I'm trying to make up my mind to sell my 2002 Honda Accord VTi. It is the 2.3 liter old model car with the 5 speed manual transmission and no leather. Its done around 75000 kms. I'm not using it anymore because of frequent abroad travels and I don't want the car to rust lying at home where my dad finds it too big to drive. I'm the third owner of the car. Because I have been in and out quite a bit, the car is not the best maintained, there are few niggles here and there which can be fixed easily by a reasonable mechanic. What would you think is a price range that I can expect to sell the car at.
A good condition 2002 Accord S/O goes for 3-3.5L max. Because of the highlighted parts in your car, you would be lucky to find a buyer for 2L. Give it to a used car dealer or keep it as a mod car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
I am looking to buy a Dec-2006 Honda Accord 2.4 MT from a single owner. It's fairly well maintained and in stock condition - no mods or parts replaced so far.
35000 kms on odo. Tyres need replacement soon.

What would be a fair price for this?

Btw, this car is in Bangalore.
Old 25th April 2012, 13:41   #4562
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

My friend is trying to settle a deal for a 2010 March ANHC S which has hardly run 10K KMs. Owner is moving abroad urgently and asking 7.5L. What would be the ideal price?
Old 25th April 2012, 14:19   #4563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel

So, the final negotiated price is 4.40 L.

The only issue is, I will get the car after one month (the seller has booked i20 Diesel Asta and it has waiting period of one month.

Other points:

* Car is 22000 kms now and when I get it, odo will read 24000 kms approximately.
* Reverse Sensors are not from VW, will warranty be an issue?
* Checked history of the car from VW.A.S.S., nothing abnormal (except Front windshield changed, insurance availed, seller had told me about this already).
* Small ding on rear bumper.
* Seller says that I don't need to worry about 30k service, he has already paid for it including parts that need to be replaced including brake pads, etc. Is there such maintenance package for Polo ?
* Payment: 20k now, 4.20L when he gives the car (after one month) with bank NOC with other documents.
* The seller seems to be genuine person.

How is this deal? Should I go for it ?
I would say try to seal the deal at 4.3 if his claims for 30k service aren't true. I have not heard about this pre payment thing prior to service of the car. If he is saying the truth try to verify the same with dealer as well.
All the best.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 14:51   #4564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
I would say try to seal the deal at 4.3 if his claims for 30k service aren't true. I have not heard about this pre payment thing prior to service of the car. If he is saying the truth try to verify the same with dealer as well.
All the best.
Thanks.

As I said earlier, 4.40L is the final price, he is not going below this.

I have confirmed that VW offers 3 years annual maintenance program for Polo 1.2L petrol variants only charges for Additional AMC is Rs.19,900/- which includes the cost of labor, oil & filter replacements for first year.

But I am not sure if this maintenance program includes free of cost change of parts replacement brake pads, 3 spark plugs (VW service manual says that they need to be changed at 30k).

Will raise this query on VW Polo maintenance thread.
Old 25th April 2012, 18:54   #4565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A good condition 2002 Accord S/O goes for 3-3.5L max. Because of the highlighted parts in your car, you would be lucky to find a buyer for 2L. Give it to a used car dealer or keep it as a mod car.
Yeah, in the process of enquiring if a used car dealer would want to try sell it. If not, it remains with me. I will use it as a mod car.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:06   #4566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Yeah, in the process of enquiring if a used car dealer would want to try sell it. If not, it remains with me. I will use it as a mod car.
vineeth, pristine Accord 2002 models are selling for around 2.3/2.4 max in Mumbai and they take a pretty long time to sell. Dealers offer around 1.5/1.6 lacs. Bolt on turbo kits are available in the US for around $1200-$1500. The 2.3 SOHC Vtec can make around 230-240 bhp in a conservative tune, though people have gone upto 300 WHP. However, if you have an AT, stay away from any mods unless you're upgrading the transmission.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:08   #4567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
vineeth, pristine Accord 2002 models are selling for around 2.3/2.4 max in Mumbai and they take a pretty long time to sell. Dealers offer around 1.5/1.6 lacs. Bolt on turbo kits are available in the US for around $1200-$1500. The 2.3 SOHC Vtec can make around 230-240 bhp in a conservative tune, though people have gone upto 300 WHP. However, if you have an AT, stay away from any mods unless you're upgrading the transmission.
Very true, I have always seen Mumbai used car prices are lower than elsewhere. I should get myself a turbo kit when I head back from US. Should make the car much more appealing to keep. And then, I should get myself a diesel hatchback as a daily drive!
Old 26th April 2012, 01:05   #4568
BHPian

What should be the price for a
2007 Santro Xing XO with 36000 on the Odo.
it it the top model having, a defogger, central locking, power steering and poer windows for all 4 windows.

2006 Swift Lxi 1,02,000 on the Odo.
it is the base model, so doesnt have anything special apart from a power steering and central locking with remote.
Old 26th April 2012, 11:20   #4569
BHPian

What should be the ideal price for a 2008 (Oct) Ford Fusion TDCI with 44500 kms on oddo and single owner? The car drives like a dream. No accident history. All service records available? In Bangalore.

Owner is quoting 4.8 Lakhs!
Old 26th April 2012, 23:08   #4570
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I need to know the following:

1. Fair price for Oct 2007, Civic VAT, 23K Km, single owner, Good Condition.
2. Fair price for June 2008, Altis 1.8 G, 22K, Single owner, Good Condition.
3. Which one to go for ?

Thanks in advance!
Old 27th April 2012, 10:03   #4571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Hey Guys,

I need to know the following:

1. Fair price for Oct 2007, Civic VAT, 23K Km, single owner, Good Condition.

Thanks in advance!
You can aim for INR 5.5L.

Last edited by skdking : 27th April 2012 at 10:05.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:07   #4572
BHPian

what will be the price of a well maintained single owner ritz Lxi bought on oct 2009 with 23k kms? It has its share of small scratches though.
Old 27th April 2012, 10:31   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
You can aim for INR 5.5L.
Cawale suggests 7.92. Car is in good shape, I would say excellent shape. Will 5.5 be a realistic expectation?
Old 27th April 2012, 10:35   #4574
BHPian

All experts,

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol bought in Aug 2006.

Has run 70000 kms. Is in a very good condition. Very few scratches which I'll sort before selling anyway.

It's Fiesta Sxi with electric rear view mirrors and alloy wheels etc. Interiors are still fresh and clean. I've also done 3M filming all around.

Car is in Pune.

I went to a dealer yesterday and he quoted 1.7l initially which I think is ridiculously low.

What would be a better price?

Honestly, my expectation is about 2.7l
Old 27th April 2012, 10:39   #4575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritofdriving View Post
All experts,

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol bought in Aug 2006.

Has run 70000 kms. Is in a very good condition. Very few scratches which I'll sort before selling anyway.

It's Fiesta Sxi with electric rear view mirrors and alloy wheels etc. Interiors are still fresh and clean. I've also done 3M filming all around.

Car is in Pune.

I went to a dealer yesterday and he quoted 1.7l initially which I think is ridiculously low.

What would be a better price?

Honestly, my expectation is about 2.7l

Put it up here, on TBHP classifieds.
You'll get a much more appreciative crowd of prospects.
In fact, just wait and see how many people will be asking you for details here itself.
Your dealer will not make a clean sale.
First he'll undercut you, then he'll clock the car back, and then he'll overcharge some other guy.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks