Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 17:39   #4681
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Hello friends,
My BIL is keen on buying a 2003 Toyota Corolla H4 automatic, the car has done around 60K KMS and has had 3 previous owners. The dealer is quoting 2.25L and has happily chopped off 25k off the price on the phone, so its kinda scary.
.. The price is quite juicy hence the attraction towards it.
Don't think that the price is juicy. Petrol automatics have the most terrible resale value of all cars. 2L for a 9 year old, outdated model with 3 previous owners is definitely not juicy IMO. In fact your BIL will be the 4th owner and if he wants to sell the car a few years down the line then it will be very difficult for him. I am pretty sure that the dealer would not have paid a penny over 1.5L for this car and that too if the car is mechanically perfect. If your BIL really likes the car then request him to give no clue of his liking to the dealer. I am sure that you guys can push the dealer all the way down to 1.6-1.65 and close on it.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 17:56   #4682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Don't think that the price is juicy. Petrol automatics have the most terrible resale value of all cars. 2L for a 9 year old, outdated model with 3 previous owners is definitely not juicy IMO. In fact your BIL will be the 4th owner and if he wants to sell the car a few years down the line then it will be very difficult for him. I am pretty sure that the dealer would not have paid a penny over 1.5L for this car and that too if the car is mechanically perfect. If your BIL really likes the car then request him to give no clue of his liking to the dealer. I am sure that you guys can push the dealer all the way down to 1.6-1.65 and close on it.
Thats precisely what I told my BIL that if the dealer knocks off 25K just on the phone, we sure can squeeze some more out if him.
Agree with what you say, selling the car will be very difficult.

Thanks a ton for your time.
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:21   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Thats precisely what I told my BIL that if the dealer knocks off 25K just on the phone, we sure can squeeze some more out if him.
Agree with what you say, selling the car will be very difficult.

Thanks a ton for your time.

If possible, how much did your 2007 Civic S MT fetch you. And did you sell in 2011 or 2012. I believe yours was in decent shape when you sold her.
Old 22nd May 2012, 21:41   #4684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry
Hello friends,
My BIL is keen on buying a 2003 Toyota Corolla H4 automatic, the car has done around 60K KMS and has had 3 previous owners. The dealer is quoting 2.25L and has happily chopped off 25k off the price on the phone, so its kinda scary.
The car is with a dealer in Bombay, I will be seeing the car on Thursday. The dealers insists the car is in sound mechanical condition but that can be verified only after having Toyota service look into it.

Do you think its a good idea to go in for this vehicle considering its almost 9 years old and would warrant a exhaustive service. The price is quite juicy hence the attraction towards it.

Regards
This is quite the normal rate for the car. remember the car has changed 3 hands plus dealers in-between, so expect some neglect to the car.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:18   #4685
BHPian

checking on price of Fiesta:

Fiesta 2006 Model 1.6 Sxi Petrol
Done 110000 Kms

How much can i quote realistically?
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:12   #4686
BHPian

hello all, i am getting a 2008 Hyundai i 10 era for Rs 235000 as quoted by the dealer in amritsar. The price is without any negotiations as yet. the overall condition of the car is good and has done 25000 kms till now.

How much can i bargain on it??
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:44   #4687
BHPian

Need advice on this alto LXI:

Make and registration : June,2007
Colour: Silky Silver
KMS done: 25500
Looks Mint and drives good too(owned and driven by a retired Govt officer)
ICE:Has two oval XPLOD speakers with a Kenwood HU.

How much do i suggest the owner to sell off his beloved car?
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:27   #4688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
hello all, i am getting a 2008 Hyundai i 10 era for Rs 235000 as quoted by the dealer in amritsar. The price is without any negotiations as yet. the overall condition of the car is good and has done 25000 kms till now.

To me this price looks good. Try to reduce it by 15-20K.

But IMHO the dealer is quoting a reasonable price for a good condition car. Do not forget to check the service history, insurance claims if any and get it checked by the Hyundai A$$.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:38   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post

price looks good if the ODO is not tempered with but keep in mind that i10 era came with 1.1L engine and not with 1.2L engine. look around and you'll definitely get some mouth watering deals on used vehicles (probably jalandhar, and phagwara areas).
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:55   #4690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
Good price, if the car is in very good condition.

Thanks. The seller is not budging and might have to fix for 9.1.
The car is in immaculate condition after we TD'ed it. The insurance is valid till Dec. So, shall i ask him to take the plunge?
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:36   #4691
BHPian

Friends,
My friend is getting a quote of Rs 3.5 lakhs for a 2004 Corolla (single owner) 69K kms done. The owner is his friend's dad and my friend is very sure that the car is very well maintained and in mint condition.
Is this price OK?
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:00   #4692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

If possible, how much did your 2007 Civic S MT fetch you. And did you sell in 2011 or 2012. I believe yours was in decent shape when you sold her.
Hey Dipen,
Mine was a 2006 Civic S-MT, sold it in November 2011 for around 4.75L. :(
But I guess sold it in time, as now Civics of the same vintage can be had for as low as 3L.
At times I do miss it and yes, it was in very good shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
This is quite the normal rate for the car. remember the car has changed 3 hands plus dealers in-between, so expect some neglect to the car.
Thanks for your inputs, that's a worry for me too as my BIL will be the 4th owner. And for a car of this vintage there would be some maintenance required like tires, brakes and perhaps even the suspension overhaul. So these factors would also need to be considered.

Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:15   #4693
kkg
BHPian

How is the following deal:

Fiat palio multijet SDX
Aug 2009, 58000kms run, single owner, Haryana regd.

The owner is quoting 2.10lacs on the phone, so there is still scope for negotiation. Is it a good deal?
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:41   #4694
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Friends,
My friend is getting a quote of Rs 3.5 lakhs for a 2004 Corolla (single owner) 69K kms done. The owner is his friend's dad and my friend is very sure that the car is very well maintained and in mint condition.
Is this price OK?
If the car is in mint condition, the price is ok with a variation of around 10-15%. The Corolla is one very reliable car and can serve your friend for many years since it has just 69k km on it.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:32   #4695
BHPian

How much should I pay for a 2005 Accord v6 auto ? 2nd owner, done about 70k.

Also, should I sell it after 3 years, what is the resale potential if any ? I know that the FE is BAD, but the proposition still seems good from an overall TCO factor

Most Viewed