Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2012, 15:53   #4786
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the ballpark figures guys.
I am not selling the car just getting the open market idea for setting the IDV of insurance renewal.

The car is too sweet to sell. It's hardly broken in. The maintenance is top notch and plus it's mostly driven as Mum's car so interiors are immaculate.

Thanks and sorry if I broke some hearts
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 16:20   #4787
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
4.8-5.0 is too low IMO. If your car is in good condition i.e. no scratches etc then expect around 5.5-6.0 Lacs. And SMT is not base variant, it is middle variant with all goodies except alloys. I guess 6 lacs should be the good deal for you SN1P3R.

I am not expert here but my relative has sold his 2009 35K KM old city for 5.7 Lacs.
A friend bought a 2009 City SMT done just 8.5k kms last month for 4.55L. This a HR 26 registered car and always garaged. No accidents, not even a single scratch.

6L is a pretty optimistic price to expect for a 2010 City IMO. A 2 year old petrol sedan in today's market will sell for roughly 60-65% of its purchase price.

Edit:
@bluevolt. There isn't such a big difference although there is a difference of 5-7% between a DL and a HR 26 registration. IMO you relative got a pretty good price for his car

Last edited by Cesc : 6th June 2012 at 16:30.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:26   #4788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
A friend bought a 2009 City SMT done just 8.5k kms last month for 4.55L. This a HR 26 registered car and always garaged. No accidents, not even a single scratch.
Quote:
but my relative has sold his 2009 35K KM old city for 5.7 Lacs.
Was never aware that there is such a big difference between the resale value of a HR26 and DL4C registered cars!

Waiting for experts to chip in.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:09   #4789
Senior - BHPian

I see a huge number of Skoda cars that are just 4 year old suddenly coming into used car market (Carwale.com). This doesn't seems to be a coincidence. The only reason I can attribute towards this trend is that the owners want to dispose of their Skoda cars just after the expiry of the extended warantty.Does this mean that a significant proportion of owners do not have confidence on the reliability of skoda cars?
Old 6th June 2012, 17:30   #4790
BHPian

I don't think Skoda offerred extended warranties 4 years ago. As far as I remember they were not even offering the standard warranty (for 2 years) in 2008 (I could be wrong though).

If you see a lot of Octavias out there then it would make sense because the car has been discontinued and people might be wanting to get rid of them (in which case they might be available for a very good price).
Old 6th June 2012, 17:36   #4791
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was never aware that there is such a big difference between the resale value of a HR26 and DL4C registered cars!

Waiting for experts to chip in.
On a joking note, maybe it denotes the (bad) driving skills of HR based car owners and hence the low resale value of HR registered cars?

Jokes apart, I believe @Cesc got an amazing deal. 3 year old City with less than 10k kms should easily fetch a lot more! The deal mentioned by you is more on realistic terms.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:57   #4792
BHPian

Re: 2001 Esteem VX

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphavictor View Post
70-80 K would still be ok, and in fact, is what I'm looking at. But IMHO 30-40 K seems simply ridiculous!
If it is Mumbai registered and you are trying to sell in Bangalore, I can understand their quote. When you do a resale the car will need to be registered to the local RTO and that will involve the getting a local registration. Try to get hold of a RTO agent and check with him how much will he charge to get a KA registration. If that is about 10K then you can get that done and sell your car. don't think there is any point in driving it down to Mumbai and selling it.
When I moved out of Chennai, to Mumbai, I checked with an RTO agent in Mumbai and he mentioned it would take upwards of 40K to get a Mumbai registration for <1 yr old Alto LXi. I took a hit and sold it in Chennai and did not get the vehicle to Mumbai.
Old 7th June 2012, 09:55   #4793
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am planning to sell my 2000 model Zen VXI with 88k kms on the odometer. Looks pretty good on the outside but not so impressive on the inside.

I am in Bangalore.

How much should i quote it for assuming an individual picks it up and not a dealer ??
Old 7th June 2012, 11:01   #4794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluundertaker View Post
I am planning to sell my 2000 model Zen VXI with 88k kms on the odometer. Looks pretty good on the outside but not so impressive on the inside.
How much should i quote it for assuming an individual picks it up and not a dealer ??
Hello,

Rs. 1,10,000 to 1,20,000 will be a appropriate price to expect from a direct buyer. A used car dealer will not quote more than Rs. 80,000 for your Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 12:41   #4795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Rs. 1,10,000 to 1,20,000 will be a appropriate price to expect from a direct buyer. A used car dealer will not quote more than Rs. 80,000 for your Car.

Thanks,
Guess will quote 1.1L and be happy if i get offer for 1L
Old 7th June 2012, 14:23   #4796
BHPian

I have the original I.C.E set up of 2011 Honda City unused lying with me. Since I upgraded I.C.E in my city this one is lying unused ever since. This includes the Radio + Aux + Fascia (face plate) along with OEM speakers.

This should fit in the CE model perfectly. What do you guys think it'll fetch if I put it up on classifieds.

Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 23:22   #4797
BHPian

Any suggestion on how much would a

2006 Honda Civic (Delivered in Jan-2007) (Automatic)
~47000 Kms
New tyres
Well maintained

be worth? I ask this as a buyer. Also any takes on how much would the FE be on this?
Old 8th June 2012, 09:18   #4798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Any suggestion on how much would a

2006 Honda Civic (Delivered in Jan-2007) (Automatic)
~47000 Kms
New tyres
Well maintained

be worth? I ask this as a buyer. Also any takes on how much would the FE be on this?
This is from the first batch of the Civic, so maximum would be 4.25. But see for 4, if you can.

FE, it will be around 8-10.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:36   #4799
BHPian

How much would SX4 2008 beginning VXI model clocked around 30K single owner would cost in mumbai.
Saw two different adds price quoted on them was 2.99 & 2.49 lacs . Looking at these adds I started thinking to pick up one & then convert it on CNG (in mumbai's traffic my baleno is giving avg of ~8).
Old 8th June 2012, 11:14   #4800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I see a huge number of Skoda cars that are just 4 year old suddenly coming into used car market (Carwale.com). This doesn't seems to be a coincidence. The only reason I can attribute towards this trend is that the owners want to dispose of their Skoda cars just after the expiry of the extended warantty.Does this mean that a significant proportion of owners do not have confidence on the reliability of skoda cars?
May not be with warranty alone. It used to be the case when lot of companies used to give Car lease. When the car is out of lease, people tend to sell it and take new car under company lease.
It need not be specific to Skoda.

Most Viewed