Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 12:27   #4876
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
I was looking for a similar car for a cousin of mine, we found one in mint condition. Red in colour, 2008, owned by a retired govt. employee and with less than 30,000 on the odo. He was quoting 1 Lakh. This one did not have AC though. So in your case I would say 1.2L max.

And like the others have advised, i too would recommend increasing your budget to 1.5-1.6 lakhs and going for a good condition used Alto. Its got a smoother engine, 5 speed gearbox and also power brakes. These things make a huge difference.
Thanks for replying, It seems you got a good deal with that Red 800. I will definitely try to get it under 1.2 L else will give it a pass.
I agree with you on the features of Alto but maintenance of Alto is quite heavy compared to 800 & i don't have requirement for powered features, just need a basic car with a working AC.
BTW I already drive a 2010 model Alto and don't want to go in for another one.
Old 16th June 2012, 18:40   #4877
BHPian

How much will I get for my Chevy beat LT, 2010 petrol model which has done about 15000kms?
Old 17th June 2012, 08:20   #4878
Team-BHP Support

How much should I expect for a 2003 Maruti-800 5-Speed MPFI run genuine 40k kms with brand new tyres and battery? All the previous owners are Parsi .
Old 17th June 2012, 15:51   #4879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
thanks. Any reason other than mileage / petrol due to which one should not go for this?
Purely because of the resale troubles and high loss incurred doing so. If you are sure you will keep this one for a long time and are not bothered about the resale, it is fine. Petrol Bimmers = Low Resale (very difficult to sell as well).
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 16:07   #4880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Purely because of the resale troubles and high loss incurred doing so. If you are sure you will keep this one for a long time and are not bothered about the resale, it is fine. Petrol Bimmers = Low Resale (very difficult to sell as well).
yes I actually intend on keeping it for atleast 5 years, and my daily travelling is around 20 kms only - hence I thought it made sense...Anyways that model got sold :( so need to hunt for another one now
Old 17th June 2012, 23:42   #4881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
yes I actually intend on keeping it for atleast 5 years, and my daily travelling is around 20 kms only - hence I thought it made sense...Anyways that model got sold :( so need to hunt for another one now
Sorry about that, don't worry, there is always a better one round the corner for a better price, keep a lookout.
Old 18th June 2012, 09:57   #4882

How much should I pay for Chevy Optra Magnum LS 2.0 TCDI, Manufactured: Dec 2007, invoiced May2008 with 75K km on odometer, single owner, reasonably clean exterior and interior, new battery, Tyre good for another 20K. Please help me fast, owner expecting 4.5L. is it worth buying? Experts please let me know. Any Optra owners, Please also let me know what kind of mileage I can expect from it under sedate driving?
Old 18th June 2012, 10:30   #4883
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
How much should I pay for Chevy Optra Magnum LS 2.0 TCDI, Manufactured: Dec 2007, invoiced May2008 with 75K km on odometer, single owner, reasonably clean exterior and interior, new battery, Tyre good for another 20K. Please help me fast, owner expecting 4.5L. is it worth buying? Experts please let me know. Any Optra owners, Please also let me know what kind of mileage I can expect from it under sedate driving?
75K on the Optra is good enough mileage, pay nothing more than 3.5L, more-so as the numbers from the past couple of months (Apr - 20 & May - 3) are indicative that GM might be pulling the curtains on the Optra sooner than later.

Do check on the following things -

1) Turbo Charger.
2) Fuel Pump.
3) AC.

The above three mentioned are the problematic areas on the Optra.

Mileage - For one, the Optra is not meant to be driven sedatly .

Expect - 12 In City driving conditions and 16 on the H-ways.

Happy Motoring !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 18th June 2012 at 10:33.
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 10:32   #4884
Senior - BHPian

Re: Re : Opinion on Alto from Maruti True value..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirishindurkar View Post
I been to True Value mela
organised by Maruti where all dealers participated..
Hello Shirish,

Buying a 2.5 years used Alto for Rs. 2.5 does not make any sense. Even if True Value is giving 1 year warranty, still it does not makes sense.

Instead I would sugest you to go to local Used Car dealers & you may get a good deal there.

Thanks,
Old 18th June 2012, 13:27   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
Mileage is very good if you can drive sedately My BIL has an optra and has been having problems with suspension tending to bottom out and A/C being ineffective. The compressor cuts out for no reason. His friend who has a Optra too is facing similar problem with the AC. Both cars are in the 60 - 70 K KM range.

Sathya
psathya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 15:35   #4886
BHPian

Re: OHC Again

Hi All,

There is an July 2002 model 1.5 exi OHC for sale (KA reg), with the following
specifications :

kms Covered: About 73 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 1
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 10/2012

No additional accessories, even the HONDA original stereo remains intact in car.It's a biege interior OHC. I have seen and driven the vehicle. Ride was not bad, suspension and drive shafts felt to be ok for me. While using A/C there was some slight noise coming.

Tyres (Bridgestone Potenza - Not the OEM S322 in OHC) have life left about say 20k km. Some minor scratches and light dent on the bonnet, but no hits or dents surprisingly from the left and right running boards.Still have to check the underbody hits and mainly get a good mechanic to do a thorough testing of the vehicle.

Clutch seems hard while engaged full. It was mostly lady driven and single handed as far as the information given.

The best offer is about 2.4 lakhs. Maybe slightly negotiable. What is the best price I should quote.

Thanks
prsn
Old 18th June 2012, 17:48   #4887
BHPian

Dear All,
Further to the advice you have given me, I'm planning to sell my Honda Civic ( Sept 2009, 27000km done, 2nd owner , Fully insured till Jan 2013 with service record) in Mumbai it self as i need to leave for Delhi at the end of this month. I was wondering how much i could expect for it. It was actually with my father for the past 2 months in Hyderabad and he got an offer of Rs. 6.5 lakhs for it. Will i get a much higher amount in Mumbai or do you think i should just go ahead and dispose of it in Hyderabad?
Old 18th June 2012, 20:12   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Dear All,
Further to the advice you have given me, I'm planning to sell my Honda Civic ( Sept 2009, 27000km done, 2nd owner , Fully insured till Jan 2013 with service record) in Mumbai it self as i need to leave for Delhi at the end of this month. I was wondering how much i could expect for it. It was actually with my father for the past 2 months in Hyderabad and he got an offer of Rs. 6.5 lakhs for it. Will i get a much higher amount in Mumbai or do you think i should just go ahead and dispose of it in Hyderabad?

6.5 for a second owner civic is a good offer. i would suggest you to go for it.

recently, people have bought 2007 vintage civic in excellent conditions for as low as 4.5 lac. i am sure you'd get a lower offer than 6.5 in mumbai.
there are a couple of used car dealerships near my home and few days ago i saw a single owner civic (2008) with all service records being sold for 5.2 lac.
Old 18th June 2012, 20:22   #4889
Senior - BHPian

Re: OHC Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi All,

There is an July 2002 model 1.5 exi OHC for sale (KA reg), with the following
specifications :

kms Covered: About 73 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 1
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 10/2012

No additional accessories, even the HONDA original stereo remains intact in car.It's a biege interior OHC. I have seen and driven the vehicle. Ride was not bad, suspension and drive shafts felt to be ok for me. While using A/C there was some slight noise coming.

Tyres (Bridgestone Potenza - Not the OEM S322 in OHC) have life left about say 20k km. Some minor scratches and light dent on the bonnet, but no hits or dents surprisingly from the left and right running boards.Still have to check the underbody hits and mainly get a good mechanic to do a thorough testing of the vehicle.

Clutch seems hard while engaged full. It was mostly lady driven and single handed as far as the information given.

The best offer is about 2.4 lakhs. Maybe slightly negotiable. What is the best price I should quote.

Thanks
prsn
2.4 is just too much for a 10 year old OHC.
I am not sure about resale values down south.
but up north it wont fetch more than 1.5L
Old 18th June 2012, 20:25   #4890
BHPian

How much should I pay for an Oct 2010 Ford Figo Petrol Titanium variant?
Its done 10,000 kms and claims to return 13kmpl in Bangalore city (with occasional Aircon use).
Its on company lease now, so effectively I will be the third owner if I buy.
The owner had filled diesel in the car once, but it was rectified by the service station before any damage could happen. Could this have an potential issue later?

Most Viewed