Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 09:12   #4936
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What would be the correct price for -

Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo Lxi
32k kms used
2nd owner
Mumbai
Quite a few scratches on the outside.

Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2012, 14:41   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo Lxi
32k kms used - 2nd owner - Mumbai - Quite a few scratches on the outside.
Hello Mirage,

Are you really looking for buy a 2007 Maruti Estilo 2nd owner? I mean you will be third owner & the sale price you will get will be really low.

Anyways, you should not pay more than Rs. 1,80,000 or Rs. 1,90,000 for the 2007 Estilo.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 00:29   #4938
BHPian

Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying a car for my regular commute to office and back - and the following factors have gone into my decision for a used petrol car:

1) I'm a petrolhead. I need something sporty, free revving and fun to drive. What comes to mind is the league of 1.6 hatchbacks, ford fiestas, cedias, civics.

2) My low usage of this car would justify the petrol prices - 600 km/month. More importantly, the rise in petrol prices would have killed the used petrol car market by now - especially for these performance cars, which are mostly market duds and known for high fuel consumption. So the low cost of purchase is the driving factor!

Based on these factors, I've decided to go for a Fiesta (2009-2010 model), 1.6 petrol, or a VW Polo 1.6. One contender could be the Honda Jazz, but practical as it is, it just doesn't match up in power or handling.

I've come across the following examples:

1) VW Polo Highline 1.6, 12000 KM, 2010, DL registered. With a dealer though, listed for 4.5L. I believe this car should go for around 4L or maybe even lesser considering the market - even though it's for ~7L new. Correct?

There is another 2010 Polo 1.6, but it has run 20000 KM. Listed for 4.4L. How much can I bargain here?

2) An individual's listing - Fiesta 2010 SXi ABS, 7L when new, done only 24000 kms with service history available. Listed for 5.5L, but considering that the few Ford petrols that still exist in the city are lying at dealers with no buyers, this price seems ridiculous. I believe it should go for about 4L - Need your inputs here

3) This goes against everything I've said upto now in this post, but here goes (sometimes the practicality light goes on) - Figo diesel titanium, 2010, 30k kms - 4.7L? Too high I think, but with the resale on diesel cars, you never know. Tempting, but at some point my heart wants me to ignore this one and look at the 1.6's...
Old 24th June 2012, 10:48   #4939
BHPian

Folks,

Have to sell our beloved small car, i20 (base version - Era) just 1.5 years after we bought it. It is in impeccable condition with all accessories in place, very few scratches, no accidents. Has run only 17000kms. Is used by my wife only to drive from home to office barely 20kms away. Only driven in city, single driver mostly (we take our Verna for long drives). Bought in sep 2010.

What would be a good price?

Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 11:43   #4940
BHPian

Guys, I originally had almost finalised on a New Honda Jazz - Select variant last month. Soon after being bitten by our most recent 7.5 INR petrol price hike, I had to put my decision on hold. I understand that Being "Practical" in today's scenario will be either be a Used Petrol Sedan or some Diesel if I opt a new car.

Considering price-slash of used Petrol cars, I am very keen on some well maintained pre-worshipped ANHC (2009 or later models) with less mileage at Bangalore in 2 months down the line. In the current scenario, what would be the price range I should fix for a good deal for this?

Eventually, I even saw this 2011 XYLO E8 in our Classifieds while scanning through for good deals available:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...dra/Xylo.html/

Owner has quoted 9L, while Carwale recommends only around 7.5L for this model if being maintained well. What could be a reasonable deal for this case?

@ Mods, I had posted this same question in "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/122152-upside-petrol-price-hike-used-car-residuals-crash-5.html#post2817574" thread but no response.
I felt this must be the right forum for this question to be answered about used cars pricing, so if appropriate please delete my earlier post. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2012, 15:39   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushagarwal26 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at buying a car for my regular commute to office and back - and the following factors have gone into my decision for a used petrol car:

Among the polo and the fiesta I think the fiesta is more fun to drive. It's steering feedback is very good and the car feels very sporty and nimble. But a 2010 model should cost you around 4.5 to 5 in my opinion. Why not see if you can get a good Fiesta S. That should be the ideal car considering your needs. Why not consider the cedia as well. They are pretty cheap and are great cars. But it may take a ling time to sell whenever that is.

If your going to look at diesels you can probably look at the punto as well. It's not as powerful as the other cars but the handling is good and you will get them much cheaper than the swifts and figo's. You can always install a pete's box to make it faster.
Old 24th June 2012, 20:08   #4942
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
What would be a ballpark price for 2004 model year Toyota Corolla automatic? This car in black color and seems to be reasonably maintained, single owner too. The dealer is asking for 2.85L which is feel is a little too optimistic.

Is 2.5L a good price?

TIA!
Old 24th June 2012, 21:02   #4943
BHPian

What would be the best price for a 2007 Swift Vdi, 55K KM, needs painting. 2nd owner. New battery and tyres. The car is otherwise OK.
Old 24th June 2012, 22:13   #4944
BHPian

Hi Dhiren,

We've almost closed in on a price of 3 lac for a 2008 Corolla. The car is in good condition and the background of the vehicle would be known since it is owned by a family friend.

What I intend to give you is an an approximate quote. Maybe you should try and close this for 2.5 max or look for maybe Corollas between 2005-08 in that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Guys,
What would be a ballpark price for 2004 model year Toyota Corolla automatic? This car in black color and seems to be reasonably maintained, single owner too. The dealer is asking for 2.85L which is feel is a little too optimistic.

Is 2.5L a good price?

TIA!
AbhishekB86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 22:23   #4945
Senior - BHPian

Today came across a 2011 Cruze Vcdi done 6000Kms, guy had bought it for 6 lacs and spent another lac on getting it right. This car had rolled over 6 times.
Old 24th June 2012, 23:38   #4946
BHPian

Hey guys!

What would be the fair price to buy a

toyota corolla H2 1.8E
August 2008 model
Thane registered
Done 41000 Km's
Single owner (owner is the seller)
Reasonably maintained (yet to do inspection)
insurance cover till may 2013

Car wale price quote : 4.99 L

Need to transfer the registration to Mumbai. Should I expect any issues there?
Old 25th June 2012, 09:27   #4947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Today came across a 2011 Cruze Vcdi done 6000Kms, guy had bought it for 6 lacs and spent another lac on getting it right. This car had rolled over 6 times.
Haha. I almost wrote "What are you saying? 6L " till I read the last sentence.
Then again depending on the condition I think he got himself a pretty good deal considering that it was a 2011 car.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:28   #4948
Senior - BHPian

Rolled over 6 times?
If it has met with an accident, there is a good chance that the expenses would cross 1 lac for a car of this segment.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:11   #4949
BHPian

How much to expect for a 2001 Maruti 800 (MPFI 5-speed)?

Characteristics:
Single Owner driven; Done 75K kms.
Clutch replaced at 65K kms. Steering Rack and Pinion replaced at 70K kms.
4 tyres are Michellin XM1+ tubeless; Done 10K kms.
Boot door replaced due to a rear ending.
Exterior has some scratches here and there.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:26   #4950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Hi Dhiren,

We've almost closed in on a price of 3 lac for a 2008 Corolla. The car is in good condition and the background of the vehicle would be known since it is owned by a family friend.

What I intend to give you is an an approximate quote. Maybe you should try and close this for 2.5 max or look for maybe Corollas between 2005-08 in that price range.
Thanks Abhishek for this, the rates in Delhi lower than that of Mumbai. I've seen a few Corolla's of the same vintage and most of them have quoted upwards of 3L.
I too have decided on a quote of 2.5L for this car provided Toyota gives me a clean chit.

Regards

Most Viewed