Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 11:45   #4951
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I have had my eye on a particular Forester in Pune for quite some time now, & ready to take the plunge. Don't know what kept me waiting-probably a miracle-which I have with the spike in petrol prices.
Chevrolet Forester AWD
KMS: 56,000
YEAR: DEC 2003
2 previous owners
Manual Transmission
Silver color
Petrol fuel
No insurance
Vehicle is in good condition (actually some aspects are in excellent condition)
ASKING PRICE: 3.75 lakhs
I am sure I can negotiate for a much lower price, but how much? Forester users\experts please guide. Also let me know what to look out for while checking the vehicle & what kind of costs should I expect to incur. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Write to Guna. He is the resident Forester Expert hereabouts!
I am not too sure about the price, especially in Pune. Essentially there are 2 types of Forester owners; Those who love Foresters and have bought it knowing the car well. These owners are reluctant to sell for a lower price and tend to hold on to the car. Other type includes those who have bought Forester thinking it is a premium car and it is an alternative to CRV, Vectra, Accord etc (D segment cars available at that time) but have realized that it doesn't suit their needs and want to get rid of it at any cost.

If the vehicle was looked after well and driven regularly, there may not be any expense except changing the regular consumables/service parts.

Last edited by Guna : 25th June 2012 at 11:51.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:39   #4952
BHPian

I am looking to buy a 2004/5/6 used Baleno. Considering I live in Bangalore and used car prices are still insane here, what should the going rate be for a used Baleno here?
Say a 2004 Baleno run about 60k?
Everyone I talk to including the Maruti True Value guys say "Don't buy a Baleno" but I've wanted this car for 8 years, so its not going to be anything else.
Old 25th June 2012, 14:44   #4953
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull
I am looking to buy a 2004/5/6 used Baleno. Considering I live in Bangalore and used car prices are still insane here, what should the going rate be for a used Baleno here?
Say a 2004 Baleno run about 60k?
Everyone I talk to including the Maruti True Value guys say "Don't buy a Baleno" but I've wanted this car for 8 years, so its not going to be anything else.
Well you are at least as single minded in your determination as your id seems to suggest!

A new Baleno in 2004 or 2005 which came fully loaded, used to cost about 7 lacs or so if I remember right. It was considered quite expensive back then.
Now that it is out of production you will be a bit pressed to find a well kept single owner car.
I don't think that a good, single person owned, well kept example of 2005 vintage, will leave you much change from Rs 3.5 lacs given the positively evil Bangalore used car pricing.
Have you trawled Carwale and Trovit for examples?
I just trawled Carwale and incidentally there seems to be a nice silvery gold 2006 VXi model with lovely alloys there for a good price of 2.75 lacs. I have a feeling that car is owned by a senior man from one of the big corporates and it lives I believe on Sarjapura Road somewhere. Check it out!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th June 2012 at 14:52.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 15:12   #4954
BHPian

What is the market value of a used 2009 model Altis, G variant petrol, in kerala which has done about 25000 kms till date?
Old 25th June 2012, 18:56   #4955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
What is the market value of a used 2009 model Altis, G variant petrol, in kerala which has done about 25000 kms till date?
Around 6.5 lakh for a car in good condition and if the car is in excellent condition, you can buy her at 7 lakh, anything more than 7 for a petrol Altis is a strict no-no for me.

What is price that you've been quoted for her ?

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 20:41   #4956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha. I almost wrote "What are you saying? 6L " till I read the last sentence.
Then again depending on the condition I think he got himself a pretty good deal considering that it was a 2011 car.
May be a good deal, good for tashan, but then accidental car that too major one.

Quote:
Rolled over 6 times?
If it has met with an accident, there is a good chance that the expenses would cross 1 lac for a car of this segment.
Very much possible expenses would have crossed 1 lac for repairs, fit & finish looked excellent. ICE was Blaupunkt-ed.
I would have called it a good buy if it had been similar to accidental X-trail from Goa bought by Fellow Bhpian.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:20   #4957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Around 6.5 lakh for a car in good condition and if the car is in excellent condition, you can buy her at 7 lakh, anything more than 7 for a petrol Altis is a strict no-no for me.

What is price that you've been quoted for her ?

Cheers,
Sameer
The asking price for 2009 model is about 7.1. But there is a 2008 model with 23k on the odo and the asking price is 4.6L.
Old 25th June 2012, 23:25   #4958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
The asking price for 2009 model is about 7.1. But there is a 2008 model with 23k on the odo and the asking price is 4.6L.
Have you seen both of the cars personally ??

I suggest you to see both of them, if both of them are in good condition, then look no ahead and go ahead with 2008 model with asking price of 4.6L ( you can negotiate more on this as well ).

I will suggest you to drive and see both of the cars and then decide one

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 25th June 2012 at 23:29.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:36   #4959
BHPian

my uncle is looking at a late 2010 model Civic VAT, which has clocked 17k.
white in color, and well maintained, clean service history and comprehensive insurance upto year end.
The owner quoted 10.5. After taking the TD, we are very much impressed with the car and are ready to go for 9 and looks like the owner will oblige.

Is it an ok deal if we go ahead?
Old 26th June 2012, 12:05   #4960
BHPian

Hi Friends,

just wanted to check, what should be the resale value of Dec 2009 Tjet plus, done around 12000 Kms. There are no scratches/ dink on the car, it is in pristine condition and is Mumbai registered.

This car belongs to me, I have moved to Thane so my daily commute has increased considerably. hence, thinking about a diesel car only if i get good price for this existing car.
Old 26th June 2012, 12:06   #4961
vsh
BHPian

hi
My dzire vdi has done 109000 kms and completed 40 months. Car is in excellent condition. I want to sell the car. Battery has been replaced a month back and car is running on 2nd set of yoko A drives 185-70 r 14. What price can i expect?
Old 26th June 2012, 12:25   #4962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Hi Friends,

just wanted to check, what should be the resale value of Dec 2009 Tjet plus, done around 12000 Kms. There are no scratches/ dink on the car, it is in pristine condition and is Mumbai registered.

This car belongs to me, I have moved to Thane so my daily commute has increased considerably. hence, thinking about a diesel car only if i get good price for this existing car.
Keep it. The amount you will lose in selling this at a ridiculously low price post the petrol price hike, and then spend in buying a new diesel will easily cover your petrol expenses for the next 3-4 years. Add to that the joy of driving a T-Jet Plus, and it is truly a lose-only proposition.

To give you an idea, check the classifieds to see what prices people are NOT buying T-Jets at, and knock off about 50k from the lowest, because most of those in the Classifieds are from Bangalore, and generally have that much higher re-sale over Mumbai.

Ps. Your signature still says awaiting the T-Jet Plus

Last edited by VeluM : 26th June 2012 at 12:48.
Old 26th June 2012, 12:32   #4963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Hi Friends,

Fiat is giving HUGE discounts on T-jets, Recently i remember reading somewhere, that a dealer in gurgaon is offering T-jet for 7.2 lakhs OTR.

Keeping this in mind, You'll loose A LOT of amount on your car, I suggest you to keep this one and consider buying a diesel hatch instead for daily purpose and T-jet for all those weekend drive. Nothing can come close to T-jet when it comes to driving pleasure.

So, I'll suggest you to keep this one

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 13:03   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Fiat is giving HUGE discounts on T-jets, Recently i remember reading somewhere, that a dealer in gurgaon is offering T-jet for 7.2 lakhs OTR.

Keeping this in mind, You'll loose A LOT of amount on your car, I suggest you to keep this one and consider buying a diesel hatch instead for daily purpose and T-jet for all those weekend drive. Nothing can come close to T-jet when it comes to driving pleasure.

So, I'll suggest you to keep this one

Cheers,
Sameer
yups.. I did not update my signature post delivery.. I also don't want to sell it but came across a good diesel option so thought of evaluating it.
Old 26th June 2012, 13:39   #4965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
my uncle is looking at a late 2010 model Civic VAT, which has clocked 17k.
white in color, and well maintained, clean service history and comprehensive insurance upto year end.
The owner quoted 10.5. After taking the TD, we are very much impressed with the car and are ready to go for 9 and looks like the owner will oblige.

Is it an ok deal if we go ahead?
Its a buyers market these daysfor petrol models. Even 9 lakhs would be too high a price. I would say about 5.5 to 6 would be right in the present situation. Besides the Civic might be upgraded in the near future as there is already a new model available in the international market.

Here is an article regarding resale value of petrol cars.
http://www.business-standard.com/ind...market/468508/

Last edited by suv100 : 26th June 2012 at 13:41.

Most Viewed