Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2012, 22:37   #5116
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
This shall be my 1st car. I am also thinking of Palio being spacious at rear seat for 3 passengers. I think I can get 2007 Palio (1.6) for 125 k? Probably Stile shall be better than old Palio. What can be parts availability for next 2 years since it is discontinued couple of years back. What about 2005-2006 Petra’s viability since one rarely sees it on road. Can Palio be realiable for regular run since I shall be using it regularly for few months and on weekends intermittently.
If I increase budget to 150 k can I get 2007 Getz, top version or Esteem Vxi?
Requirement is the seats, ride quality should be comfortable, the steering feedback etc should not be vague, should drive effortlessly at full load. Please advise fellow bhpians.
Please stay away from the Petra, there are very few examples around and even if you net a very nice example, the troubles of keeping a car like that (which was never sold in good numbers) will be endless. You want a regular run with no hassles, yes the esteem is a terrific driver's car which can be a very fine horse, but it will not be a mule carrying full load. the suspension is not made for FULL LOAD. It can carry 4 passengers or max 5 passengers of medium load, not full load, if you know what i mean. But it is a trouble free car @ 2L.
Old 11th July 2012, 12:15   #5117
BANNED

Hi ,
I am looking for a used Esteem or a Zen in Chennai. The car should be in good running condition. It should not have clocked more than 60 K km or be older than 2002.
What price should I be able to get hold of such a car ?
Old 11th July 2012, 19:48   #5118
BHPian

Hi fellow bhpians,
I am posting my question again hoping to get some guidance.
Is 5.25lakhs a fair price for a Nov-2011 Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance(mileage 6400km)? I have a fixed budgets of 5lakhs, and the seller is adamant on 5.25. Should I stick to my offer price or close the deal?
Cheers.
Old 11th July 2012, 19:54   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Hi ,
I am looking for a used Esteem or a Zen in Chennai. The car should be in good running condition. It should not have clocked more than 60 K km or be older than 2002.
you should be able to get a 2005/2006 Esteem for less than 1.5 lac. same vintage Zen should be available for 1.1-1.3 lac. keep an aye for those advertised by individual sellers; at dealerships, you will most likely find the cars which are done less than 60,000 kms (ODOs tempered in most cases).
Old 11th July 2012, 20:53   #5120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
This shall be my 1st car. I am also thinking of Palio being spacious at rear seat for 3 passengers.
If I increase budget to 150 k can I get 2007 Getz, top version or Esteem Vxi?
Requirement is the seats, ride quality should be comfortable, the steering feedback etc should not be vague, should drive effortlessly at full load. Please advise fellow bhpians.
Check for Hyundai Accent as well. You will get 2006+ well maintained models well below 2 lakhs. (I sold my 2005 well maintained Accent for ~1.7 lakhs last year in Chennai). Accent will be a trouble free car and should give you peace of mind compared to Palio (I have owned both) - though I should admit that I had enjoyed driving the palio more than my accent. You should find Getz also in your price range, but since this is a discontinued model, you might find issues sourcing parts at a later point in time. Not a big fan of esteem due to its outdated looks.
singleton is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 21:51   #5121
BHPian

I am looking for an used, Karnataka reg, DIESEL, Ford Fiesta(Old/Classic) model not more than 3 yesrs old.

How much could be the expected price?
Old 12th July 2012, 09:02   #5122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5
Hi fellow bhpians,
Is 5.25lakhs a fair price for a Nov-2011 Skoda Fabia 1.6 Elegance(mileage 6400km)? I have a fixed budgets of 5lakhs, and the seller is adamant on 5.25. Should I stick to my offer price or close the deal?
Cheers.
Delta,
I know someone who recently exchanged his 1.6 polo - Aug 2011 pristine condition , run around 5 k for 4.8 in pune. So according to me you shall be paying atleast 40 k more. If you like the car, then 5 is perfect but don't weaken and you will get better deals in future.

Last edited by scofield : 12th July 2012 at 09:04.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:47   #5123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi fellow bhpians,
Cheers.
IMO thats 50-60k more than what you should actually pay. The car doesnt carry much resale value. The correct price should be between 4.5-4.8 lacs.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:52   #5124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi fellow bhpians,
Cheers.
@delta5: Does the car come with 4 year extended warranty included? What about Skoda Drive Assure (0 dep insurance). If these two are included (especially the extended warranty, then perhaps you could pay a few thousand more.
BTW: What was the onroad price after discount when the owner purchased the car in Nov?
Old 12th July 2012, 12:20   #5125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Hi ,
Came across few Zen & Esteem 3 weeks back,
Car - Model (Year) - Mileage - Price
Zen - 2003 - 70k - 1.6L
Zen - 1999 - 65k - 80k
Zen - 2001 - 43k - 1.3L
Esteem - 2007 - 52k - 2.2L
Esteem - 2004 - 65k - 1.8L

All these were from dealers (except the 2007 Esteem) and condition of the car is good (atleast the interiors and exteriors, not sure about the engine. Didn't drive them) and price is negotiable.

Hope this should give some idea on Chennai market price.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 14:10   #5126
BHPian

Thanks everyone on your valuable inputs. The seller has moved to Bangalore from Chennai, and has already taken a NOC from TN RTO. So he is not very keen on selling it below 5.25. Let me try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N
@delta5: Does the car come with 4 year extended warranty included? What about Skoda Drive Assure (0 dep insurance).
BTW: What was the onroad price after discount when the owner purchased the car in Nov?
Yes, the car has extended warranty, but no Skoda drive assure. He bought it at OTR of 6.4lakhs got some 68k offer it seems. The current OTR is 7.48 lakhs in vellore. The dealer was giving me a cash discount of 40k + 20k accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316
IMO thats 50-60k more than what you should actually pay. The car doesnt carry much resale value. The correct price should be between 4.5-4.8 lacs.
I was in the market for a new 1.2 elegance and am not keen on resale, only a fair deal.
Will try haggling then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield
If you like the car, then 5 is perfect but don't weaken and you will get better deals in future.
Thanks scofield,
Yes, I like the car. Near pristine exteriors and immaculate interiors. since am new to shopping for a used car and the whole bargaining thing, finding it hard to take a stand and stand by it. Yeah, patience shall pay.
Old 12th July 2012, 14:40   #5127

Guys, need your advice.

Swift LDi July 2010 model run 14500 Kms, silver color available for sale. One small dent on bumper and well maintained and serviced regularly. Put up for sale by an individual from my company who is migrating to US. Price tag of 4.75 lacs negotiable by 10-15k.

I am looking for a diesel car and Swift Diesel fits the bill, I think.

One more thing, the car has power windows installed by Maruti and hence it is very close to VDi

Should I go for it? Whats the right price?

iCars
Old 12th July 2012, 15:32   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
Swift LDi July 2010 model run 14500 Kms, silver color available for sale. Price tag of 4.75 lacs negotiable by 10-15k.
4.5L would be a pretty fair deal. Guess LDI used to retail for 5.2 (OTR in Gurgaon) during 2010. Given the current state of fuel prices and the low mileage on the car you can pay 10k extra as well. Swift diesel has a very good resale value (as well as demand in the used market) so I suggest you do not let this pass. Chances are it will be snapped up by somebody else. So sit with money in your hand, negotiate as much as possible and settle the deal then and there.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2012, 16:01   #5129
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Ford Fusion with ABS. Below are the car details;
Mileage- 66000 kms
Model Year- Dec,2005
Color-PANTHER BLACK
Registration- NOIDA ]
Owner First Seller Individual
Insurance Comprehensive (till 28 Dec, 2012)
Lifetime-Tax Individual
Fuel Type-Petrol
The owner has quoted 2.1 L for this.The car as mentioned above is in NOIDA.
I have not test driven the car yet. According to the pictures sent by the owner, the exterior is in pretty good condition. There are a few small scratches being a black car. But they are not much evident. Interior looks to be in good shape too.
Is it advisable to buy a fusion now since its no longer in production? How difficult would it be to procure parts when needed? Sorry for too many questions
Old 12th July 2012, 16:07   #5130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
What would be a fair price for a Ford Fusion with ABS. Below are the car details;
Mileage- 66000 kms
Model Year- Dec,2005
Color-PANTHER BLACK
Registration- NOIDA ]
Owner First Seller Individual
Insurance Comprehensive (till 28 Dec, 2012)
Lifetime-Tax Individual
Fuel Type-Petrol
The owner has quoted 2.1 L for this.The car as mentioned above is in NOIDA.
I have not test driven the car yet. According to the pictures sent by the owner, the exterior is in pretty good condition. There are a few small scratches being a black car. But they are not much evident. Interior looks to be in good shape too.
Is it advisable to buy a fusion now since its no longer in production? How difficult would it be to procure parts when needed? Sorry for too many questions

Price is WAY too high, by almost 40-50k.
Hell, fiestas are selling for 10-20k under this right now!

As for the parts and associated jazz, no worries there.
good number of fusions sold still on the road, and production did not stop THAT long ago.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks