Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 12:36   #5206
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
I have a 2002 model maruti zen lx having 1lac kms on the odo. Frankly speaking the condition of the car is not that great, but not poor either. The engine shows some stress when revved hard and the hood has started rusting. I am planning to sell it and go for an upgrade. Can anyone please suggest what price should I ask for? Will I get around a lac for it?
1L is a little too much - 60K - 70K would be more idealistic for a 10 year old car.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 09:14   #5207
BHPian

Pre-owned Nano!

Contemplating buying one for combined use by my father and wife. Wife has been driving occassionally buy never independantly. Father would be driving first time.

ANy guidance on pricing of pre-owned nanos?
Would prefer 2012 Lx model. The new one in my town goes for 2.25.

Pls advise if any of yours f&f wishing to sell one for a good price.

Have been checking carwale and othe sites but the prices quoted donot seem to be consistent. Much older models are quoted higher than newer ones. Also milages quoted are unbelievably low for the age of the car.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:46   #5208
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned Nano!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Contemplating buying one for combined use by my father and wife. Wife has been driving occassionally buy never independantly. Father would be driving first time.

Have been checking carwale and othe sites but the prices quoted donot seem to be consistent. Much older models are quoted higher than newer ones. Also milages quoted are unbelievably low for the age of the car.
Why dont you try for an used alto / santro ? Getting them would be easier and you will have tons of options ! A used alto 800 would be a perfect car as compared to a nano.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:06   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you try for an used alto / santro ? Getting them would be easier and you will have tons of options ! A used alto 800 would be a perfect car as compared to a nano.
First - Wifey hates 800 outright.
Altos command very high resale hence buying pre owned won't make much sense.

Also Nano feels much spacious. For a new car nano won't compete with alto but once in used market, I guess nanos sound quite cheaper.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:52   #5210
BHPian

Re: Pre-owned Nano!

Quote:

not sure about prices in kohlapur, but in metros 2010/2011 NANO top end sells for around 1.0-1.4 lac. top end 2012 made shall be around 1.6 lac max. new one costs 2.5 lac OTR.
recently there were two 2011 NANOs in TBHP classifieds with asking price of 75000 (model without AC), and 100000 (top end) with CH registration.
Old 29th July 2012, 11:08   #5211
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
First - Wifey hates 800 outright.
Altos command very high resale hence buying pre owned won't make much sense.

Also Nano feels much spacious. For a new car nano won't compete with alto but once in used market, I guess nanos sound quite cheaper.
Hello sindabad.sailor !
The Nano seems to be perfect for your requirements - except for one thing, STEERING EFFORT. The Nano, as you know does not have power steering & some might find the steering a little hard, especially at parking speeds. It might not be a problem for men, but for women it might pose a problem.

Check out GTO's review on Nano - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2616640

One of my cousin was also checking out the Nano for her daily errands,but she found the steering a little too hard for daily use.

Since the primary usage will be by first time drivers, I suggest you first take your father and wife on a test drive. If they are comfortable, go for it. Otherwise you are better of in the Alto. Note that the pre-2012 Nano's have an even harder steering that the 2012 Nano.

Regarding prices, a 2010 Nano should cost you around 1.1L to 1.25L & 2011 Nano,around 1.25L to 1.5L

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 29th July 2012 at 11:10.
Old 30th July 2012, 17:36   #5212

Hi

I'm looking to sell my 2009 Corolla Altis (1.8 G Petrol) - has done 35700 KMS and in good condition (single owner) - location: Bangalore...

What is the price i can expect - various websites quote various prices and i'm not sure what's the "appropriate" amount. Checked with dealer and got a quote for 7.2 (which is way lesser than what carwale or other websites quote)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sesha
Old 30th July 2012, 17:53   #5213
Distinguished - BHPian

How much for a 2 year old (2010) used A star AT in bangalore? Done 20k. Single owner.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th July 2012 at 17:55.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:52   #5214
Senior - BHPian

My friend is planning to get a used sedan,He told me that 2009 Accent CRDi which has done 50K km is up for sale. We are planning to inspect the car tomorrow.How much can we offer for the car?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th July 2012, 20:56   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesha View Post
Hi

I'm looking to sell my 2009 Corolla Altis (1.8 G Petrol) - has done 35700 KMS and in good condition (single owner) - location: Bangalore...

What is the price i can expect - various websites quote various prices and i'm not sure what's the "appropriate" amount. Checked with dealer and got a quote for 7.2 (which is way lesser than what carwale or other websites quote)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Sesha
Hello Sesha,
I guess the dealer is just trying to fool you. I feel, you should expect something between 8.4L to 8.8L for your Corolla Altis.
Regards
Varun Nair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
How much for a 2 year old (2010) used A star AT in bangalore? Done 20k. Single owner.
Redliner, I dont know about Banglore prices, but in Mumbai you can get an A-Star AT of 2010 make at around 4L, give or take 10-20k.
Hope this helps,
Varun Nair

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
My friend is planning to get a used sedan,He told me that 2009 Accent CRDi which has done 50K km is up for sale. We are planning to inspect the car tomorrow.How much can we offer for the car?

Thanks in advance
\
Hello Giri, I guess there is some miscommunication here. AFAIK, Hyundai stopped production of Accent CRDi, when it launched the Verna CRDi in 2006. It is either 2006 Accent CRDi or 2009 Verna CRDi.
Please clarify
Regards
Varun Nair

P.S - My 200th post !!
Old 30th July 2012, 22:02   #5216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Giri, I guess there is some miscommunication here. AFAIK, Hyundai stopped production of Accent CRDi, when it launched the Verna CRDi in 2006. It is either 2006 Accent CRDi or 2009 Verna CRDi.
Please clarify
Regards
Varun Nair
Thanks for the quick reply ,Will confirm the details about the car.My guess is that it must be 2006 model.I will post more details if I inspect the car.
Old 31st July 2012, 11:06   #5217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Red Liner,

Recently my father's colleague was trying to sell his 2010 A-Star Automatic, for Rs. 3,00,000 but he was not getting any buyers at this price. The reason the mileage of this car is in range of 7 - 8 kmph in city.

I believe if you get around Rs. 3,00,000 in Banglore it would be a good deal.

Thanks,
Old 31st July 2012, 11:51   #5218
BANNED

Quote:
Are you buying it or selling it?
Old 31st July 2012, 12:29   #5219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Red Liner,

Recently my father's colleague was trying to sell his 2010 A-Star Automatic, for Rs. 3,00,000 but he was not getting any buyers at this price. The reason the mileage of this car is in range of 7 - 8 kmph in city.

I believe if you get around Rs. 3,00,000 in Banglore it would be a good deal.

Thanks,
Holy cr*p. Been seeing better mileage figures reported out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Are you buying it or selling it?
Buying it...but staying away maybe because of these issues:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2856898
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:23   #5220
BHPian

Guys need help. I am now considering a used diesel hatch... Considering between punto and figo currently. I plan to install an Pete's kit or something.
Pls suggest the better of the two and the correct prices for the same. Also pls suggest any other option that I can look for...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks