Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 14:34   #5581
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
If we get the details of the vehicle like no of KMS, Owners and service history availability, model etc..

More over i would be intrested to have a look Sent a PM.

later we can comment on the price

but if dealer has offered 3.5 L then its a good price..
Its 38Kg on the ODO. I bought it in 2009 with 18K on the ODO from an IBMer who had it on company lease and got it transfered on his name. On paper I am the 3rd owner. Black in color.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:02   #5582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Its 38Kg on the ODO. I bought it in 2009 with 18K on the ODO from an IBMer who had it on company lease and got it transfered on his name. On paper I am the 3rd owner. Black in color.
Rs. 3.5 for a 2006 Innova seems to be on lower side. Try to contact other Used Car Dealers or if you can find a direct buyer. The lower price may be due to lack of demand of Petrol Cars in Used Car Market.

Rather than selling this Car for Rs. 3.5 lacs you may also consider the option of converting into CNG & use this Car for couple of years.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 11th September 2012 at 15:03. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 11th September 2012, 15:19   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Rs. 3.5 for a 2006 Innova seems to be on lower side. Try to contact other Used Car Dealers or if you can find a direct buyer. The lower price may be due to lack of demand of Petrol Cars in Used Car Market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
I am the 3rd owner
Considering the fact that its a 3rd owner, and the next one would become 4th owner i believe the price is pretty decent, but again due to petro hike might be one of the reason.

one of my friend sold his 2009 safari Diesel 4*4 3rd owner, same as the Litesaber case, it was in company to individual and then to my friend who had this for last 1 yr was sold for 3.8 L (he was going for an Onsite, was not happy for the price but it was a long term for him and no one in his home was ready to drive the beast, if i was there in India might have picked one more safari )it was sold in HYD, i would not compare the Innova with Safari but again just my thought.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th September 2012 at 15:21.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:26   #5584
BHPian

@litesaber,
Considering the below points, the price quoted by the Dealer is realistic.

1. 2nd owner Petrol vehicle(Buyer will be the 3rd owner in paper)
2. Petrol MUV with single digit FE.

I think you can close a deal with a genuine individual buyer at 4L.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:34   #5585
BHPian

Since i am leaving the country for about a couple of years my Tata Manza will not have any driver back here in India in my family .

Trying to sell my December 2011 bought Wine Colored Tata Manza Elan Safire (Petrol) run only 6750 KM's with nearly full service history Delhi registration with whole lot of add-ons such as Rear spoiler, HID-Cum Projector Lights, Daytime running lights, Sparco Gear-Knob & a Sports Silencer added.

Have put the car in classifieds at an asking price of Rs. 4.5 Lakhs ?? Would that be a decent price for the car ???
Old 11th September 2012, 18:16   #5586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Have put the car in classifieds at an asking price of Rs. 4.5 Lakhs ?? Would that be a decent price for the car ???
Hello Prodigyy,

Consider yourself lucky if you can fetch 4.5 lacs for your Manza.

Recently in Mumbai, I was offerred a March 2011 Manza (Petrol) with 18000 on ODO for Rs. 3.4 lacs. This offer was from used car dealer, so imagine at what price would he have bought it from original seller.

Used petrol cars in general & other than Maruti Cars in particular have really lost value after recent fuel price hikes.

If your time schedule permits, try to find a direct buyer who would install CNG kit & use the Car.

Thanks,
Old 12th September 2012, 00:06   #5587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain

Hello raycers,
Since the car is already a 2nd hand one, I expect it to fetch around 0.75L to 1L. BTW, how much did you buy it for?!
Sorry for the late reply. We got it for around 0.85L. It needed servicing and replacement of brake pads. That was all.
It's one of the simplest cars to own and run when your on a tight budget.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:52   #5588
BHPian

Quick one on behalf of my friend -

Used, 2008 Mahindra-Renault Logan DLS 1.5 ABS and with Rear view camera
Model Year Dec-2008
Kms Done 55,000
Single Owner

Have TD'ed the car and felt it good (other than the ubiquitous hard-clutch and hard-gear problem with any logan)

Seller's Price is 4.5 Lacs. Any help on what a good buyer's price would be without hurting the seller too much. (Seller's another friend of mine).

PS: I'm not a dealer and don't get any commission, just trying to help 2 friends with their car buying/selling need.

Last edited by Steve_Austin : 12th September 2012 at 13:54.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:02   #5589
BHPian

I have come across a 2010 Ford Figo Zxi diesel selling in Delhi by Mahindra First Choice.

These guys are asking for 5 lacs right now for it, which i feel is exorbitant. Carwale says between 3.5 - 3.8 lacs.

Whats your take? And anything specific I should look in to for abnormalties of this car?
Old 12th September 2012, 14:14   #5590
Senior - BHPian

Talking about poor resale value, a colleague is buying a single owner, 18K KM driven, Swift Dezire ZXi, 2008 model from a used car dealer for 4.3 lacs. This includes one free service and all paperwork for transfer.

So, at the end of the day it all depends on how desperate the seller is or the buyer is.
Old 12th September 2012, 14:16   #5591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post

Model Year Dec-2008
Kms Done 55,000
Single Owner

Have TD'ed the car and felt it good (other than the ubiquitous hard-clutch and hard-gear problem with any logan)

Seller's Price is 4.5 Lacs. Any help on what a good buyer's price would be without hurting the seller too much. (Seller's another friend of mine).

PS: I'm not a dealer and don't get any commission, just trying to help 2 friends with their car buying/selling need.
4.5 L is decent considering that the car is run only 55k kms. Logan engines are extremely reliable and I am sure there is still a life of 1.5L kms left. Try to bargain to 4L. It is anyway a good buy (rather a VFM).
Old 12th September 2012, 14:31   #5592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316
I have come across a 2010 Ford Figo Zxi diesel selling in Delhi by Mahindra First Choice.

These guys are asking for 5 lacs right now for it, which i feel is exorbitant. Carwale says between 3.5 - 3.8 lacs.

Whats your take? And anything specific I should look in to for abnormalties of this car?
Service records, or at least confirm mileage as of last service.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 14:52   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post

Model Year Dec-2008
Kms Done 55,000
Single Owner
Hello Steve, I personally would not mind paying20-30K's extra if I know the history of the car. Although 4-4.25L seems like a great price.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post

Hello Prashant, do tell us the mileage the car has covered. On the face of it, it does seem to be overpriced. Ford's don't generally command a great resale values.
Check out this post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post1772931

The ZXi's OTR price in Delhi should be around 5.5L in 2010. So a reduction of just 50K's in 2 years?!
Regards,
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 15:07   #5594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
... a 2010 Ford Figo Zxi diesel ....are asking for 5 lacs right now for it, which i feel is exorbitant. ...
Too high for a 2010 model (unless they are giving a couple of kgs of gold, free alongwith the car )...and MFC is not my first choice of used car dealer anyway...I have read about many unsatisfied MFC customers, who were short-changed on their used-car purchase.

I would stay away from this deal/dealer altogether.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 12th September 2012 at 15:10.
Old 12th September 2012, 15:32   #5595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Service records, or at least confirm mileage as of last service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Prashant, do tell us the mileage the car has covered. On the face of it, it does seem to be overpriced. Ford's don't generally command a great resale values.
Check out this post - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post1772931

The ZXi's OTR price in Delhi should be around 5.5L in 2010. So a reduction of just 50K's in 2 years?!
Regards,
Varun
Sorry forgot to mention the mileage. The car has done 29000 kms. I am yet to see it though. I will go to see it tonight.

But Varun, your point is valid. Even Swift does not command just a 50k reduction in 2 years.

Most Viewed