Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2012, 21:47   #5626

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
I'm in the market for a Laura TSi. 2011 model preferably. What would be a good price for the Ambition variant? There's one listed on the classifieds for 10.75L. Is that a good deal? I figured, considering the cost of a new one (handsomely subsidized at the moment), I figured anything around the 9L - 9.5L mark would be a good deal.

Would appreciate any feedback.
You must get 2011 model for the price you mentioned.I just gave away my 2010 May Ambiente a week ago (there was only one variant when I bought) which had clocked 34k for 775k.Mine was without skoda shield.Make sure that you buy the one only with the shield.
The one in the classifieds with 10.75L seems to be overpriced eventhough it has skoda shield.Granted that you can have peace of mind till 2015.But 10.75L? not realistic.If you can bring it down to 9.5 I would say it is a good buy considering its low mileage.
Brgds
Sree
Old 16th September 2012, 21:51   #5627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
There is a Judo 4X4 up for sale on classifieds. What would be the reasonable price for it? I am looking for a used 4X4 and was inclined towards a Tucson but they are far and few in between.
I just had a look in the classified section,i am sure,it must be one of these.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used/Force/Judo/

And Comparing a Tucson and Judo,is like chalk and cheese.
One is a Entry level Luxury SUV,and the other a basic no frills offroader.
If you are looking around for a Tucson,i wont recommend a Judo\Gurkha.
And if you look around a bit,you will be able to find a good example of Tucson,
there are still decent numbers of them in Chandigarh.
Old 16th September 2012, 23:20   #5628
BHPian

2005 Rs Sold at 2.7 lks in bangalore ,gues it has done 80 K , though the car was not in the best shape , exteriour was good , but needed a new shoes and seats were soiled like hell , any team bhpian has picked it from carnation bangalore .
Old 17th September 2012, 14:39   #5629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
You must get 2011 model for the price you mentioned.I just gave away my 2010 May Ambiente a week ago (there was only one variant when I bought) which had clocked 34k for 775k.Mine was without skoda shield.Make sure that you buy the one only with the shield.
The one in the classifieds with 10.75L seems to be overpriced eventhough it has skoda shield.Granted that you can have peace of mind till 2015.But 10.75L? not realistic.If you can bring it down to 9.5 I would say it is a good buy considering its low mileage.
Brgds
Sree
Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a really good deal on a new one. They're giving a discount of over 2L on the TSi. I've been informed that the new 2013 manufactured Laura Ambition will have a few extra features and as such they're giving a hefty discount on the current models.

10.75L just isn't happening, I'll give him my offer and see how it goes.
Old 17th September 2012, 23:01   #5630
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I am planning to sell my car as I am shifting to US. What would be a reasonable price to sell it? Following are the details:

April 2008 Mahindra-Renault Logan GLS 1.6 (Petrol)
Kms Done 32,300
Single Owner
Old 18th September 2012, 10:27   #5631

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I'm getting a really good deal on a new one. They're giving a discount of over 2L on the TSi. I've been informed that the new 2013 manufactured Laura Ambition will have a few extra features and as such they're giving a hefty discount on the current models.

10.75L just isn't happening, I'll give him my offer and see how it goes.
Ok thats a good news. But mostly skoda will discontinue the petrol version when the 2013 model steps in due to prohibitive petrol prices these days.
Which variant are you looking at? The base variant "active" has been stripped down of many good features.

But with the used one, you throw him your deal. One best way is that if you have full amount ready to shell out, call him up and tell him you are ready to pay right away.Most of the guys will budge on this. Also give him some time to think, may be a week because a bit of patience from your side might worth the while.Anyhow Skoda will have the discounts at your disposal anytime.

One more thing is that all D segment cars lose their value upto 30% (if not more) in the first year itself.Considering this buying a used one from 2011 with low mileage seems to be the wise one.
Old 18th September 2012, 12:03   #5632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
Ok thats a good news. But mostly skoda will discontinue the petrol version when the 2013 model steps in due to prohibitive petrol prices these days.
Which variant are you looking at? The base variant "active" has been stripped down of many good features.

But with the used one, you throw him your deal. One best way is that if you have full amount ready to shell out, call him up and tell him you are ready to pay right away.Most of the guys will budge on this. Also give him some time to think, may be a week because a bit of patience from your side might worth the while.Anyhow Skoda will have the discounts at your disposal anytime.

One more thing is that all D segment cars lose their value upto 30% (if not more) in the first year itself.Considering this buying a used one from 2011 with low mileage seems to be the wise one.

Well, the Active's been discontinued. Moreover, they Ambition is being revamped to the Elegance next year. They aren't going to discontinue the TSi engines. Even with the rising petrol prices, there are a bunch of petrolheads who want to own the TSi for it's sheer power and driving pleasure.

I believe they're going to add some more features and sell 2x variants, the VRs and the Elegance. Not sure if they're going to increase the prices, but that's how it is at the moment.

As for the fellow with the 2011 TSi, he ain't going to budge below 10.5L. Considering a new one is available to me at 13.5L in White or Silver with the option of a VIP number (All my cars have VIP numbers), a new one is the obvious choice ATM.

Last edited by Unrealistic : 18th September 2012 at 12:13. Reason: Correction about the Color
Old 18th September 2012, 13:31   #5633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Hi Friends,
April 2008 Mahindra-Renault Logan GLS 1.6 (Petrol)
Kms Done 32,300
Single Owner
Hello Sush,

You can expect around Rs. 2 to 2.2 lacs for your Car.

If your time schedule permits, I will suggest you to find a direct buyer for your Car, who may offer a better price.

Thanks,
Old 18th September 2012, 13:53   #5634

Quote:
Well, the Active's been discontinued. Moreover, they Ambition is being revamped to the Elegance next year. They aren't going to discontinue the TSi engines. Even with the rising petrol prices, there are a bunch of petrolheads who want to own the TSi for it's sheer power and driving pleasure.

I believe they're going to add some more features and sell 2x variants, the VRs and the Elegance. Not sure if they're going to increase the prices, but that's how it is at the moment.

As for the fellow with the 2011 TSi, he ain't going to budge below 10.5L. Considering a new one is available to me at 13.5L in White or Silver with the option of a VIP number (All my cars have VIP numbers), a new one is the obvious choice ATM.

Oops I didnt know that Active variant has been discontinued.It seems you are
pretty much prepared for a new one.If so go ahead and grab the BEAST.

It is indeed a good news that skoda wont be discontinuing tsi in 2013.Eventhough I sold mine as i am going abroad i am intending buy the new laura tsi once back.

Anyway keep us posted on the developments.

Cheers
Sree
Old 18th September 2012, 20:33   #5635
BHPian

How much is a good rate for a 2011 Punto Diesel in Bossa Nova White. I'm not sure if its Emotion or Emo Pk. Its been maintained pretty well and has a clean service record. Few mods on it but nothing worth more than 50k. Its run just a shade under 20k kms in the last year. The seller is expecting 6 lacs. What would be a decent rate for this car?

CarWale's used car evaluator suggests 5.7 to 5.9 lacs depending on the condition.

Cheers,
K
Old 19th September 2012, 16:36   #5636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I just had a look in the classified section,i am sure,it must be one of these.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used/Force/Judo/

And Comparing a Tucson and Judo,is like chalk and cheese.
One is a Entry level Luxury SUV,and the other a basic no frills offroader.
If you are looking around for a Tucson,i wont recommend a Judo\Gurkha.
And if you look around a bit,you will be able to find a good example of Tucson,
there are still decent numbers of them in Chandigarh.
I know they are chalk and cheese its just that am looking at the entire range that is on offer. Am even looking at some disposal Gypsies too but hardly coming across a reasonable price/quality equilibrium. Tucson well do let me know if you come across any information regarding one here.
Old 19th September 2012, 19:35   #5637
BHPian

I am looking for a used petrol car for myself. My running is approx. 500 KMs/Month. My company is auctioning the following car. What should be a fair price.

Name : Honda City
Year : 2006.
KMs : 125000
Condition : Very Good. History available. New Tyres.
City : Ajmer

Do not know how much to bid for. Need your Help.

Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 07:49   #5638
BHPian

My friend is looking to buy this car:

Honda City V MT
Make: August 2011
Mileage: 6000
Condition: Excellent
Asking Price: 7.5 Lacs

Please advice, whether it is good buy or not.
Old 20th September 2012, 09:20   #5639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
My friend is looking to buy this car:

Honda City V MT
Make: August
I think around 6.75 to 7 will be the price that your friend should pay considering he is in Bangalore. if he is buying the car in Hyderabad then you can go down another 40 or 50k as it will cost you that much to reregister the car.
you can offer a price and stick to it. since the resale for petrol cars has fallen drastically and there are very few buyers there is a good chance that you might get the car at the price that you offer.
prithvi53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 11:00   #5640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Name : Honda City. Year : 2006. KMs : 125000
Condition : Very Good. History available. New Tyres. City : Ajmer
Hello Ckranjan,

Firstly why go for a Car that is already six years old & used for 125000 kms?

Still if you are very sure of the quality of the Car then you may try to buy it for approx Rs. 2,00,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
Honda City V MT. Make: August 2011. Mileage: 6000. Condition: Excellent. Asking Price: 7.5 Lacs. Registration : Bangalore
Hello Sam_hyd,

Is your friend really willing to buy a used Car for Rs. 7+ lacs? Why do you not suggest him to go for new Maruti D'zire Vxi which is cheaper than used Car he is trying to buy.

Still if he wants to buy the Car you have mentioned, ask him not to pay more than Rs. 7 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks