Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2012, 21:31   #5671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster
Hey Friends,

Can someone please tell me how is this deal?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/

Any feedback is helpful.
Deal sounds good, but and the car looks beautiful. It's the most desirable version in the most unmistakable color too.
And that "very detailed" service history looks promising too.
I do feel that there may be a slight markup, based on the fact that it's an s. You may want to negotiate on that.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 23:00   #5672
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Friends,

Can someone please tell me how is this deal?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/

Any feedback is helpful.
Car looks good to me, Plus i guess it has aftermarket alloys too, With 52k kms on the ODO, Tyres will be at the end of their life i guess.

See the car physically, Check service list and see where the last service was done and what was the odo.

Try negotiating a bit, Deal looks all good to me as suggested by mayank is above post.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 23:10   #5673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Deal sounds good, but and the car looks beautiful. It's the most desirable version in the most unmistakable color too.
I do feel that there may be a slight markup, based on the fact that it's an s. You may want to negotiate on that.
Thanks for your reply, but call me poor with English or Bad at taking hints, but could you please elaborate/explain the above statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Car looks good to me, Plus i guess it has aftermarket alloys too, With 52k kms on the ODO, Tyres will be at the end of their life i guess.

See the car physically, Check service list and see where the last service was done and what was the odo.

Try negotiating a bit, Deal looks all good to me as suggested by mayank is above post.

Cheers,
Sameer
Thanks for your reply Sameer.

Guys,
I have another car in sight. Its a 2010 Linea TJet Plus, driven 15k kms, Single Owner, Color:Tuscan Wine, all standard no mods, asking 6.5lacs. The pics look great. As good as or better than this Fiesta.

I know the price is on the higher side, so I ask your opinion on the price and which car would you choose?

P.S: I have owned a Punto earlier so I have an idea on the AS* and interior quality etc..

What do u guys think?
Old 24th September 2012, 23:15   #5674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster

Thanks for your reply, but call me poor with English or Bad at taking hints, but could you please elaborate/explain the above statement?
Nothing to it. All I meant is, if the service history matches the clock (mileage),that's good.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 23:22   #5675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Guys,
I have another car in sight. Its a 2010 Linea TJet Plus, driven 15k kms, Single Owner, Color:Tuscan Wine, all standard no mods, asking 6.5lacs. The pics look great. As good as or better than this Fiesta.

I know the price is on the higher side, so I ask your opinion on the price and which car would you choose?

P.S: I have owned a Punto earlier so I have an idea on the AS* and interior quality etc..

What do u guys think?
Try negotiating on it, Considering many members on the forum, got a new T-jet for 8L OTR, This one looks over priced to me.

Try bringing it down, T-jet is an awesome car, If i have to pick one between Fiesta S and T-jet, It will be T-jet anyday

Good luck.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 10:30   #5676
BHPian

Guys.I am looking for a used sedan mainly for highway runs.it will do about 5-6 k kms per year. Backseat comfort is paramount.

The only car I see fit for my purpose is a Toyota corolla.

How much should I expect to pay for a 2006;2007 model with service history. I guess cars of this vintage will have about 60k,70k on the odo.
Old 25th September 2012, 10:54   #5677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Guys.I am looking for a used sedan mainly for highway runs.it will do about 5-6 k kms per year. Backseat comfort is paramount.

The only car I see fit for my purpose is a Toyota corolla.

How much should I expect to pay for a 2006;2007 model with service history. I guess cars of this vintage will have about 60k,70k on the odo.
One of my friend and Forum member, Bought recently a 2008 corolla for 3L, I am not sure about odo clicks though, But the car is in excellent condition

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 25th September 2012, 11:13   #5678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001

One of my friend and Forum member, Bought recently a 2008 corolla for 3L, I am not sure about odo clicks though, But the car is in excellent condition

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Sameer
Kindly mention the city and whether it was from an individual?
Old 25th September 2012, 11:20   #5679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Kindly mention the city and whether it was from an individual?
Yes, It was from individual and It was in New Delhi.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 25th September 2012, 12:45   #5680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post

Cheers,
Sameer
Check with frankmehta. He recently sold a 2009 S in Mumbai and bought a Civic.
Old 25th September 2012, 15:45   #5681
Senior - BHPian

Looking for an used car for my friend. Here are the options we got on first scan. Can you please help with the possible price and your opinion?

Option 1: 2010 Honda Civic, 1.8VAT, 15k (Petrol )
Option 2: 2010 Toyota Corolla, 1.8VAT, 32k (Petrol)
Option 3: 2011 FIAT LINEA EMOTION 1.3 MJD, 8k (Diesel )
Old 25th September 2012, 15:54   #5682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal
Looking for an used car for my friend. Here are the options we got on first scan. Can you please help with the possible price and your opinion?

Option 1: 2010 Honda Civic, 1.8VAT, 15k (Petrol )
Option 2: 2010 Toyota Corolla, 1.8VAT, 32k (Petrol)
Option 3: 2011 FIAT LINEA EMOTION 1.3 MJD, 8k (Diesel )
Please post some details, what is usage ?, he wants a diesel or petrol ? What is his budget ? His requirements etc ?

And please mention the prices of cars listed above by you.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 25th September 2012, 16:31   #5683
Senior - BHPian

He is open for both petrol as well as diesel.
Budget is around 9 lacs max and he will be mainly using it for the day to day office trip plus fortnightly long drive.

The reason for not quoting the expected prices of the above cars were because, they were ridiculously mentioned, for eg, 12 lacs for the Civic. Once we have an idea of the market condition, thought we could negotiate with that, totally forgetting their quoted prices.

My take on the Civic would be 8 lac. Can add or reduce after seeing the car in flesh. For the other two, I dont have any idea.

Last edited by sarathlal : 25th September 2012 at 16:33.
Old 25th September 2012, 16:55   #5684
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Sadly, I had to sell my Lancer a month ago due to some financial crunch But now things are looking better and I have a lateral upgrade in mind with a budget of about 3+ to 4L max.

The two contenders I have in mind are a Corolla or Cedia. Before I go ahead with my queries please keep in mind that:

1) Am a complete petrol head
2) I'am planning on mild performance upgrades i.e. FFE, CAI etc.
3) The model of the car is not a concern, the condition is though.
4) If some of you are wondering why Corolla happens to be one of my choices, I've used my friend's FFE'd CAI'd Corolla in the past and it's simply awesome
5) I've already seen couple of specimens on the TBHP classifieds but am just waiting for the finances to be finalised next month.
6) Resale value is not a concern.

Now for my queries:

1) Which of the two of the cars are easier to maintain i.e. cost of spares etc?
2) At the budget I've mentioned, can I get a Corolla or Cedia in decent shape, here in Bangalore?
3) How does the Corolla compare to the Cedia as far as straight line performance and handling goes? Please note that I've never driven a Cedia.

If someone could list out the pros and cons of each car, it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Aadhitya

Last edited by aadithsince1980 : 25th September 2012 at 17:00.
Old 25th September 2012, 16:58   #5685
BHPian

Hi all,

Slightly off the topic, but there is a 2011 Freelander 2 for sale at Royal Motors, New Delhi, who are supposedly dealing in sale of premium preowned cars. Any info about this company? How reliable are they, and is it worth to go in for a pre-owned version, now that a new one is coming soon?

Also, have been notified of a used X3 from Bird Motors, BMW Gurgaon, for about 40 L, 2011 vintage. How does that sound?

Does anyone have the web id of the used audi website? Heard they are also into selling pre-owned cars.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 220kmph : 25th September 2012 at 17:05. Reason: addition

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks