Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2012, 17:11   #5686

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi guys,

My friend is looking to sell his two year old Ritz.

Model: February 2010
Variant: Vdi
Odo: 93K
Color: White
Condition: 7.5/10. Paint is in very good condition so are the interiors. OEM stereo and brand new tyres.

What should be the price of this. The max we could bargain was about 3.70 Lakhs from a dealer and maruti true value both.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:34   #5687
BHPian

Yo,

Was wondering if it's worth looking at a Superb with a little over 70K on the ODO, 2009 Petrol 1.8 TSi? It's only 3 years old with an average running of about 25k/year. However, I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

1. Tyres?
2. Battery?
3. DSG Box?

Even if I do check it out, I'm obviously going to inquire about the Service History at the Skoda SC, but still, personally, what should I consider? Would appreciate any feedback.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:51   #5688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic
Yo,

Was wondering if it's worth looking at a Superb with a little over 70K on the ODO, 2009 Petrol 1.8 TSi? It's only 3 years old with an average running of about 25k/year. However, I'm not sure what I should be looking out for.

1. Tyres?
2. Battery?
3. DSG Box?

Even if I do check it out, I'm obviously going to inquire about the Service History at the Skoda SC, but still, personally, what should I consider? Would appreciate any feedback.
Hi
Most important is you have not mentioned the price you are getting it at and by your report the car has been used heavily as its average per year itself is 25000kms. Tyres and battery may not be very vital now but there are other mechanical things that you might have to check on the car by taking the car to the service centre. If any mechanical goes wrong it may burn a major hole in your wallet.
Old 26th September 2012, 00:27   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal
Looking for an used car for my friend. Here are the options we got on first scan. Can you please help with the possible price and your opinion?

Option 1: 2010 Honda Civic, 1.8VAT, 15k (Petrol )
Option 2: 2010 Toyota Corolla, 1.8VAT, 32k (Petrol)
Option 3: 2011 FIAT LINEA EMOTION 1.3 MJD, 8k (Diesel )
If he wants a petrol sedan nothing beats the Civic. The car seems pretty good according to the kms clocked and would suggest you to quote a price of 7 lakhs. Avoid the Corolla it has an auto box but a lazy one. Wants a diesel and then well Linea seems good, would suggest a price of 6-6.5 lakhs.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 09:35   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Looking for an used car for my friend. Here are the options we got on first scan. Can you please help with the possible price and your opinion?

2010 Honda Civic 1.8V AT - 8.5 lakhs should be a good price, if the condition seems impeccable it can extend upto 9 lacs maximum IMO, similar price range for the Corolla too, though this price range i mentioned has a pretty good range of bargaining, you can consider yourself very lucky if you can manage the car for anything less than Rs. 8 lakhs

Fiat's & Tata's have perennially been plagued by a horrible resale value, the model in question being no different, you can find many Fiat Linea's of 2011 in a price range of Rs. 6 - 7 lakhs. This particular model in question has pretty less on the ODO so maybe something like 6.5-6.75 should be a good deal.

Good luck !!

EDIT: If you are looking for a Petrol go for the Civic, a Civic is a Civic !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkcec View Post
Hi guys,

My friend is looking to sell his two year old Ritz.

Model: February 2010
Variant: Vdi
Odo: 93K
Color: White
Condition: 7.5/10. Paint is in very good condition so are the interiors. OEM stereo and brand new tyres.

What should be the price of this. The max we could bargain was about 3.70 Lakhs from a dealer and maruti true value both.
Seems like a pretty decent price for that much on the ODO, probably you could bargain for another 10-15K. Anything between 3.75 & 4 should be a pretty good price i believe !!

Good Luck.

Last edited by Prodigyy : 26th September 2012 at 09:41.
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 09:36   #5691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
2011 Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD will be best option as it is really well built car & done only 8000 kms. If he is getting the Car for something less Rs. 7.5 lacs then it will be a good deal. Plus the Diesel advantage will always be a feel good factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkcec View Post
Model: February 2010. Variant: Vdi. Odo: 93K. Color: White. Condition: 7.5/10. Paint is in very good condition so are the interiors. The max we could bargain was about 3.70 Lakhs from a dealer and maruti true value both.
Hello Rs. 3.75 lac for a 2010 Ritz which has already done 93000 kms is a good deal. I will not suggest to look for a direct buyer because they will not be interested in buying a Car that has done 93000 kms.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 09:44   #5692
BHPian

How much can be the market value for a Nov 2010 (2 years) old Asta i20 done 27k? Stock condition in Pune. Carwale says midpoint is 4.45L. Any quick suggestions? TIA!
Old 26th September 2012, 11:00   #5693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
How much can be the market value for a Nov 2010 (2 years) old Asta i20 done 27k? Stock condition in Pune. Carwale says midpoint is 4.45L. Any quick suggestions? TIA!
Hello,

Though surprising but on the same website 2010 i20 Asta are available for Rs. 4.5 lacs in Mumbai from Dealers. Which means that they have bought the Car for approx Rs. 4 or Rs. 4.2 lacs.

Thus if someone is ready to offer you Rs. 4.5 lacs in Pune it will be a very good deal.

But to ask you are you will to sell your Car for Rs. 4.5 lacs? Which will mean write off of more than Rs. 2.5 lacs in two years.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 11:06   #5694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Yo,

1. Tyres?
2. Battery?
3. DSG Box?

The DSG box should be the number one consideration. Also check the state of the suspension - bushes, arms and shock absorbers - as well as all electricals including xenons. Best would be to get the car scanned by Skoda A**. They will charge a small diagnostic fee (I think 700+taxes) and scan everything for fault codes. If there are no fault codes and the service history is clean then you can think about the car. However do keep in mind that cars like the Superb (read a pre-owned European sedan) are not easy on the pocket in terms of maintenance.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:13   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
The DSG box should be the number one consideration. Also check the state of the suspension - bushes, arms and shock absorbers - as well as all electricals including xenons. Best would be to get the car scanned by Skoda A**. They will charge a small diagnostic fee (I think 700+taxes) and scan everything for fault codes. If there are no fault codes and the service history is clean then you can think about the car. However do keep in mind that cars like the Superb (read a pre-owned European sedan) are not easy on the pocket in terms of maintenance.
Thanks for the response! I was originally considering a new Laura 1.8 TSi, but I saw an ad for this vehicle on our TBHP Classifieds and am quite tempted. He's quoting 8.75L and the vehicle has 4x new tyres.

It's got FSH as well. Only issues I can foresee at the moment are the DSG Box and Battery (Unless he got it replaced). As for the suspensions, etc. I guess I'll have to make a checklist and have it checked out by the Skoda folks. The VAG + a manual evaluation of the parts that aren't completely electric.

As for the price, what do you think would be a good deal?
Old 26th September 2012, 11:14   #5696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yo,

1. Tyres?
2. Battery?
3. DSG Box?

Please check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...not-india.html
Old 26th September 2012, 11:42   #5697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I may be a silent member, but I've read through most, if not ALL the Superb TSi ownership threads. It's the only reason I posted my query out here. I'm aware that there is a chance of failure, however, maybe the fellow got it changed already, if not, I know I'm going to have to squeeze out 1.5L just to fix that up. All this has to be kept into consideration during the negotiations nonetheless.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:44   #5698
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response! I was originally considering a new Laura 1.8 TSi, but I saw an ad for this vehicle on our TBHP Classifieds and am quite tempted. He's quoting 8.75L and the vehicle has 4x new tyres.

It's got FSH as well. Only issues I can foresee at the moment are the DSG Box and Battery (Unless he got it replaced). As for the suspensions, etc. I guess I'll have to make a checklist and have it checked out by the Skoda folks. The VAG + a manual evaluation of the parts that aren't completely electric.

As for the price, what do you think would be a good deal?
If you are after driving pleasure then Laura would be a more sensible buy. It has the same engine and less weight. Also it has a manual GB which is very reliable. DSG is an excellent gear box as long as it operates without glitches but the moment it has issues you will be looking at some pretty hefty bills. Battery is relatively a non-issue. At 12k it really wouldn't matter much if you are spending 9 big ones. The suspension is your other major expense so pay attention to that.

The quoted price looks good to me but the fact that it is with a dealer and the mileage quoted is a typical dealer mileage (80%+ cars with the dealer will have a mileage between 65-75k) raises red flags. Be very thorough and comprehensive while checking the car out. Dealers also bribe A** guys to give a clean bill of health to their cars if a customer takes it there for a pre-buy checkup so also be aware of that fact.

All in all I do feel you will be much better off with a Laura TSI. You can get a good used example from 2009 for around 6.75L. Or a new one with 2L off the MRP and with 4 years warranty. If you are after a loooong luxury sedan then Superb sure fits the bill to a T. BUT (and that is a big but) it does come at a price. None of the components in the DSG are cheaper than 50k and if the DSG as a whole packs up then 5L is what it will demand. If you are prepared for that eventuality and the car is otherwise clean then by all means go for it.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:54   #5699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I may be a silent member, but I've read through most, if not ALL the Superb TSi ownership threads. It's the only reason I posted my query out here. I'm aware that there is a chance of failure, however, maybe the fellow got it changed already, if not, I know I'm going to have to squeeze out 1.5L just to fix that up. All this has to be kept into consideration during the negotiations nonetheless.
The problem is- fixing it once might not fix it forever, there have been instances where there were repeat failure, it is bearable within warranty, but without warranty shelling few lakh rupees for a new gearbox every now and then will be very painful.

My advice- go in for a new Laura TSI, and if you can stretch the budget nothing like the Superb Ambition MT TSI, extremely good VFM at the price it is now offered at.

Still want to go the used car route, try Superb TSI MT, Superb Diesel DSG, Laura TSI, Laura CR DSG.....

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th September 2012 at 11:56.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:57   #5700
BHPian

What will be the best selling price for the below car?

Car: Tata Indigo CS TDi Beige Clolor
Purchase Year: July 2008
Mileage Done: 23990 km
After Market Fitment: Seat Covers.

Most Viewed