Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 12:01   #5701
BHPian

IMO, expect something around 3-3.25. The on-road price i guess would have been around 5.5 right?
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 12:04   #5702
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
What will be the best selling price for the below car?

Car: Tata Indigo CS TDi Beige Clolor
Purchase Year: July 2008
Mileage Done: 23990 km
After Market Fitment: Seat Covers.
Consider yourself lucky if you manage to get anything more than 2.5-2.75 lacs. 3 lakhs though would make for pretty good price for the Indigo. Tata's have always had a very horrible resale value, i learnt it myself the hard way when i was looking to sell an year old Manza !!
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 12:30   #5703
BHPian

Hi All,

Need some help on following.

I'm getting forced to partway with my beloved FIAT punto MJD E+ 2010 June make, as I'm moving out of Bangalore. Done 35K on odo, excllent condition. It has got after market JBL speakers and 3M sunflim . (Got caught in Koramangala once, but I had to travel on the same day, when I was back in India there were no checkings so didnt bother to remove it yet)

Car is mainly driven on higways and my city driving is less than 600 Kmts a month. All preventive maintenance and services are done, another 2 years of extended warranty available + insuarance valid till June 2013, tyres are good for another 8K kmts at leas. what should be the expected price?

I will look for used Linea T Jet or a Safari Gx or higher versions what could be expected price of one in Kerala.

Regards,
Rafi

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 26th September 2012 at 12:31. Reason: spelling
Old 26th September 2012, 13:40   #5704
BHPian

How much Can I expect for My OHC Vtec done around 65k. The car is September 2003 Vtec which was almost the last before Honda stopped it's production. The car is in perfect condition. Tyres were changed to Michelin some 20k kms back. The car is running with K&N CAI, Iridium Plugs and fully synthetic oil. Also has reverse sensor and Music System worth 25k. The car is in Mumbai and is serviced earlier by Honda Authorised Center and now it's done at Sunil Shanbag Sir's garadge. I'm still not 100% sure that I want to sell it, but was just thinking if I get good price then might upgrade to Civic. Experts pls advice.
Old 26th September 2012, 14:37   #5705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Hi All,

Need some help on following.

I'm getting forced to partway with my beloved FIAT punto MJD E+ 2010 June make, as I'm moving out of Bangalore. Done 35K on odo, excllent condition. It has got after market JBL speakers and 3M sunflim . (Got caught in Koramangala once, but I had to travel on the same day, when I was back in India there were no checkings so didnt bother to remove it yet)

I will look for used Linea T Jet or a Safari Gx or higher versions what could be expected price of one in Kerala.

Regards,
Rafi
Your Fiat Linea may be able to fetch you somewhere between 6 & 6.25 lacs IMO. This am assuming you are selling in Bangalore, because you said you are forced to move out of Bangalore.

As for a replacement car, i guess you should specify how old or how much ODO rating you would be comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
How much Can I expect for My OHC Vtec done around 65k. The car is September 2003 Vtec which was almost the last before Honda stopped it's production. The car is in perfect condition. Tyres were changed to Michelin some 20k kms back. The car is running with K&N CAI, Iridium Plugs and fully synthetic oil. Also has reverse sensor and Music System worth 25k. The car is in Mumbai and is serviced earlier by Honda Authorised Center and now it's done at Sunil Shanbag Sir's garadge. I'm still not 100% sure that I want to sell it, but was just thinking if I get good price then might upgrade to Civic. Experts pls advice.
About 2-2.25 lakhs i'd say. Also, the air filter change may not go down too well with prospective buyers, people in the used car market are still associate a FFE or a CAI with a driver who would have rough handled or abused the car. People in general are reluctant to pick such cars unless you are able to find an enthusiastic driver. I would suggest that you replace the CAI with the standard air filter (it should not cost you much) and sale off the CAI as an individual item, if not used much it can fetch you something in the range of 3-6K

Good luck !!
Old 26th September 2012, 15:32   #5706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
IMO, expect something around 3-3.25. The on-road price i guess would have been around 5.5 right?
Yes, My Cousin paid 5.3L on Road price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Consider yourself lucky if you manage to get anything more than 2.5-2.75 lacs. 3 lakhs though would make for pretty good price for the Indigo. Tata's have always had a very horrible resale value, i learnt it myself the hard way when i was looking to sell an year old Manza !!
Ya, I agree. One Dealer quoted 2.8L after looking at the car and the 2nd dealer quoted 1.95L. He says, If this was Swift then we can expect around 3.80-4L as they have very good resale value.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:38   #5707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Car: Tata Indigo CS TDi Beige Clolor
Purchase Year: July 2008. Mileage Done: 23990 km. After Market Fitment: Seat Covers.
Hello Gurudatta,

I am looking for used tata Indigo CS in Mumbai & am currently getting March 2008 Indigo CS Lx with 31000 on ODO. The dealer is quoting Rs. 3.10 lac for the Car & still ready to negotiate. Which means he would have bought the Car for approx Rs. 2.5 to Rs. 2.7 lacs.

Thus you too can expect something around Rs. 2.5 lacs for your Car from a Dealer. If you can find a direct buyer, you can expect something around Rs. 2.75 to Rs. 2.8 lacs. Also for your information a 2008 Maruti Swift Vdi (Diesel) is selling in Mumbai for more than Rs. 4 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 26th September 2012, 15:42   #5708
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians!

Could you let me know is Rs 2,80,000 a good amount to recieve for a stock 2007 Swift Vxi. I had purchased it in 5,05,000 back in 2007 from Vizag, AP. The car has no mechanical problems and regularly serviced.

Please do let me know
Old 26th September 2012, 17:08   #5709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani View Post
Hello fellow BHPians!

Could you let me know is Rs 2,80,000 a good amount to recieve for a stock 2007 Swift Vxi. I had purchased it in 5,05,000 back in 2007 from Vizag, AP. The car has no mechanical problems and regularly serviced.

Please do let me know
How much on the Odo ? and How is the condition of the car ?

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 26th September 2012, 17:38   #5710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaildurrani View Post
Could you let me know is Rs 2,80,000 a good amount to recieve for a stock 2007 Swift Vxi.
Hello Suhaildurrani,

Considering the lack of demand of used Patrol Cars, Rs. 2.8 lacs for a 2007 Swift Vxi is really good price. Infact I am getting approx Rs. 2.9 lacs for 2010 WagonR in Mumbai.

Thanks,
Old 26th September 2012, 18:35   #5711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post

About 2-2.25 lakhs i'd say. Also, the air filter change may not go down too well with prospective buyers, people in the used car market are still associate a FFE or a CAI with a driver who would have rough handled or abused the car. People in general are reluctant to pick such cars unless you are able to find an enthusiastic driver. I would suggest that you replace the CAI with the standard air filter (it should not cost you much) and sale off the CAI as an individual item, if not used much it can fetch you something in the range of 3-6K

Good luck !!

I beg to disagree on the above price. I would belive a well maintained OHC Vtec of 2003 vintage with single owner and about 30k life in tyres should go for atleast 2.5-2.75. If you scout for buyers in Bangalore you might get higher. Be patient and wait for an buyer who appreciates an OHC for what it is and gives value to the good maintenance you have done and dont give it off to any TDH who sees it as a "2003 vintage 3 box petrol sedan" ---because for them, even an IKON/ACCENT/ would do --- no offense meant to any car owners of these brands. Just highlighting the premium that the Vtec commands
Old 26th September 2012, 19:57   #5712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
If you are after driving pleasure then Laura would be a more sensible buy. It has the same engine and less weight. Also it has a manual GB which is very reliable. DSG is an excellent gear box as long as it operates without glitches but the moment it has issues you will be looking at some pretty hefty bills. Battery is relatively a non-issue. At 12k it really wouldn't matter much if you are spending 9 big ones. The suspension is your other major expense so pay attention to that.

The quoted price looks good to me but the fact that it is with a dealer and the mileage quoted is a typical dealer mileage (80%+ cars with the dealer will have a mileage between 65-75k) raises red flags. Be very thorough and comprehensive while checking the car out. Dealers also bribe A** guys to give a clean bill of health to their cars if a customer takes it there for a pre-buy checkup so also be aware of that fact.

All in all I do feel you will be much better off with a Laura TSI. You can get a good used example from 2009 for around 6.75L. Or a new one with 2L off the MRP and with 4 years warranty. If you are after a loooong luxury sedan then Superb sure fits the bill to a T. BUT (and that is a big but) it does come at a price. None of the components in the DSG are cheaper than 50k and if the DSG as a whole packs up then 5L is what it will demand. If you are prepared for that eventuality and the car is otherwise clean then by all means go for it.
Well, the fellow is actually a broker. He said he'd let me meet the seller in person and negotiate with him. However, the high miles are scaring me a bit. I'm not one to fear the DSG failure as such, I've got a very close friend who's a mechanic. Came down from EU a few months ago and is picking up a senior position in Mumbai. I'm sure he'll be able to help me in both the evaluation and maintenance incase something goes down with the DSG.

However, I do have the Laura in the back of my mind, even though it's like comparing Fine Dining with Fast Food.

I've also run into another deal. A silver March '09 Superb, 37K genuine on the ODO, F.S.H from Skoda. Nothing replaced, a few dings here and there which are being worked. Tail light has a crack and is being replaced, said I can verify the authenticity of the product at Skoda if need be. The windshield has a crack which developed in the yard itself. They're replacing that too, and assure me that it'll be a genuine product.

The interiors are nothing less than brilliant: it still smells like a new car. 2 tires need to be changed, they say I'll have to do that myself. No Skoda Shield available on it. Most functions seemed to be working, I'll be going back for a thorough check over the weekend. I tried all 3 modes of driving and it was smooth as can be. She was very responsive, albeit the drive was short. The A/C worked fine, the touchscreen was responsive. All in all, seemed fit to me. Here's the kicker, he's asking for 9.2L (Hoping to lock it in around 8.9 or 9.0L.

Considering I decide to risk it with the DSG (Skoda said that nothing had been changed or replaced through them - if I decide to go for it, I'll take it to Skoda and run the VAS and get the Engineers' opinion on the Suspension and DSG (incase it's been through repairs previously outside of Skoda).

Any thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The problem is- fixing it once might not fix it forever, there have been instances where there were repeat failure, it is bearable within warranty, but without warranty shelling few lakh rupees for a new gearbox every now and then will be very painful.

My advice- go in for a new Laura TSI, and if you can stretch the budget nothing like the Superb Ambition MT TSI, extremely good VFM at the price it is now offered at.

Still want to go the used car route, try Superb TSI MT, Superb Diesel DSG, Laura TSI, Laura CR DSG.....
I'll keep that in mind. Wasn't aware of the repetitive failures. I don't want to go in for a Diesel unless I don't have a choice. Moreover, the new TSi is as far as my budget stretches, won't go a penny over 14L (Including leather seats, wooden panels and Kagu mats).

Hmm, let me know what you think of the other car up for sale.
Old 27th September 2012, 09:26   #5713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I beg to disagree on the above price. I would belive a well maintained OHC Vtec of 2003 vintage with single owner and about 30k life in tyres should go for atleast 2.5-2.75. If you scout for buyers in Bangalore you might get higher. Be patient and wait for an buyer who appreciates an OHC for what it is and gives value to the good maintenance you have done and dont give it off to any TDH who sees it as a "2003 vintage 3 box petrol sedan" ---because for them, even an IKON/ACCENT/ would do
Fair enough, totally in concordance with you on this one, if the original poster has the patience & can find some individual buyer, then definitely a Vtec does command a premium over all other similar cars. The only glitch here being the hassle of finding an individual buyer (though its not much of an issue with all these automobile websites around ) and i believe individual buyers usually don't go for 9-10 year old vehicles, ofcourse i may be wrong here, but myself and the people in my extended circles are usually unwilling to pick up used vehicles which are 9-10 year old.

But then, on second thoughts this is a City Vtec that we are talking about here
Old 27th September 2012, 11:52   #5714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Well, the fellow is actually a broker. He said he'd let me meet the seller in person and negotiate with him. However, the high miles are scaring me a bit. I'm not one to fear the DSG failure as such, I've got a very close friend who's a mechanic. Came down from EU a few months ago and is picking up a senior position in Mumbai. I'm sure he'll be able to help me in both the evaluation and maintenance incase something goes down with the DSG.

However, I do have the Laura in the back of my mind, even though it's like comparing Fine Dining with Fast Food.

I've also run into another deal. A silver March '09 Superb, 37K genuine on the ODO, F.S.H from Skoda. Nothing replaced, a few dings here and there which are being worked. Tail light has a crack and is being replaced, said I can verify the authenticity of the product at Skoda if need be. The windshield has a crack which developed in the yard itself. They're replacing that too, and assure me that it'll be a genuine product.

The interiors are nothing less than brilliant: it still smells like a new car. 2 tires need to be changed, they say I'll have to do that myself. No Skoda Shield available on it. Most functions seemed to be working, I'll be going back for a thorough check over the weekend. I tried all 3 modes of driving and it was smooth as can be. She was very responsive, albeit the drive was short. The A/C worked fine, the touchscreen was responsive. All in all, seemed fit to me. Here's the kicker, he's asking for 9.2L (Hoping to lock it in around 8.9 or 9.0L.

Considering I decide to risk it with the DSG (Skoda said that nothing had been changed or replaced through them - if I decide to go for it, I'll take it to Skoda and run the VAS and get the Engineers' opinion on the Suspension and DSG (incase it's been through repairs previously outside of Skoda).

Any thoughts?
If you have the DSG sorted (in terms of honest future diagnostics and support) then there should be no issues in picking up the Superb AT. That was the only reason why I was gravitating to the laura TSI in my earlier post.

I would personally look at the other car with 37k on the odo. Just have a thorough check over the weekend + VAS scan. Around 9L is a fair ask for the car you have described. I know what you mean when you say 'comparing fast food with fine dining'. A Superb is a truly great car from Skoda. I would look at it this way - if you wre to buy a new Laura you anyway would shell out close to 13L. At around 9L for the Superb you save yourself a pretty packet and get a better sedan.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:19   #5715
BHPian

got a baleno vxi 2005 single parsi owner 51k run, full service history, 4 new bridgestone tyes for 1.5 lakh in Mumbai for friend.

Do you think its a decent deal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks