Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 12:24   #5716
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
got a baleno vxi 2005 single parsi owner 51k run, full service history, 4 new bridgestone tyes for 1.5 lakh in Mumbai for friend.

Do you think its a decent deal?
What, are you showing off?
Of course its a great deal.
A good car with a decent clock, and a good price too, i think.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 12:32   #5717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
What, are you showing off?
Of course its a great deal.
A good car with a decent clock, and a good price too, i think.
No showing off bhai, it was all thanks to the knowledge i gathered on tbhp that helped me clinch this and help a friend. Just wanted to re confirm

We actually paid 1.38. 1.5 includes approx costs for insurance,transfer and octroi.

Will also help fellow bhpians to get idea of prices in Bombay. saw another good baleno,getz and zen during search ( through carwale and olx) with individuals.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:48   #5718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
got a baleno vxi 2005 single parsi owner 51k run, full service history, 4 new bridgestone tyes for 1.5 lakh in Mumbai for friend.
Hello Vikram,

That is a very decent deal. Rs. 1.5 lacs (all inclusive) for a well maintained 2005 Baleno is very good price.

Only thing to note is the mileage will be on lesser side, but even if your friend decides to install a CNG Kit, the total cost of the car (with CNG kit) will not be more than Rs. 2 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 12:49   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
If you have the DSG sorted (in terms of honest future diagnostics and support) then there should be no issues in picking up the Superb AT. That was the only reason why I was gravitating to the laura TSI in my earlier post.

I would personally look at the other car with 37k on the odo. Just have a thorough check over the weekend + VAS scan. Around 9L is a fair ask for the car you have described. I know what you mean when you say 'comparing fast food with fine dining'. A Superb is a truly great car from Skoda. I would look at it this way - if you wre to buy a new Laura you anyway would shell out close to 13L. At around 9L for the Superb you save yourself a pretty packet and get a better sedan.
I appreciate the feedback. I'm going back to have a look this weekend, will see if I can get my mechanic friend to tag along as well. If things seem fine there, I'll give him a token pending feedback from Skoda. I'll fix up an appointment with Skoda, have them describe everything about the car, from the paint jobs (if any), to the authenticity of the windshield & tail light, followed by the condition of the suspensions and DSG and even make 'em evaluate any parts that may have been repaired.

I'll have to be quite a bit thorough with the evaluation, but hopefully it'll be worth it! =D
Old 29th September 2012, 16:56   #5720
BHPian

After a 2006 Octy VRS with 87k on the odo. Single owner, silver color with asking price of 2.75l. Going to check it out today evening or tomorrow. Any thoughts?
Old 29th September 2012, 20:38   #5721
BHPian

Any recommendations for any good (and reliable) "used-car" website? Am in the lookout for a pre-owned Audi Q5/ Q7 or a Land Rover Freelander2 in somewhere around Chennai/ Coimbatore/ Kochi/ Bangalore. Would be grateful for any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
Old 30th September 2012, 10:35   #5722
BHPian

How much can I expect for a 2008 swift vxi which has run 51000 kms and has leathers seats worth 25k and system worth 20k?The car is silver in colour and by looking at the treading on the tires seems like it has another 10k kms left on it.
Old 30th September 2012, 11:21   #5723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s
How much can I expect for a 2008 swift vxi which has run 51000 kms and has leathers seats worth 25k and system worth 20k?The car is silver in colour and by looking at the treading on the tires seems like it has another 10k kms left on it.
You can expect between 3.30 to 3.50L as your car has clocked 50k kms as petrol cars are taking a beating in the name of high petrol prices.
Old 30th September 2012, 12:07   #5724
BHPian

Need couple of suggestions :

1. Planning to sell my Indica Xeta 1.2 GLG , Feb 2008, 35K on the ODO, New Tyres, what can be the expected price

2. Planning to buy Punto Emotion 90 HP , June 2011 , 15K on the odo. Owner leaving the country. What price can the deal be closed.

Vehicle location is chennai.
Old 30th September 2012, 15:22   #5725
BHPian

5.5 lakhs would be decent, Fiat's re-sale value is a bit low so that would be fine. Try to bargain as much as possible, because the owner is leaving country you could make him give you a great deal!
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 15:53   #5726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819

You can expect between 3.30 to 3.50L as your car has clocked 50k kms as petrol cars are taking a beating in the name of high petrol prices.

That's being too optimistic I guess. If in bangalore around 3 L . If it was mumbai somewhere around 2.5L .sadly these days used car market for petrol cars has taken a very bad hit.
docaxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 17:41   #5727
BHPian

Hey friends, need your help with thus car I saw today.
FoxTrot Azure, 2010 Mar, Linea MJD emo pack, single owner, run 47000kms.
The car is at Kharghar, owned by decent family and driven from there to Bandra Kurla Complex, hence the odo reading.Asking price is 6lacs.

I inspected the car and the engine, suspension, clutch don't seen to have any issue. Service history is partial.

Issues I found was with the hard steering, crack on the rear bumper left bottom corner and the right rear door is repainted because of a dent from a stone that flew from under the truck tyre and a few scratches on the rear left door.
Now the question I have is what is a good price, they are not desperate neither in a hurry, so not a lot of room for negotiation. And knowing the build quality of the modern Fiats and having owned a Punto in the past, I have doubts on a rogue projectile causing damage. I was not shown the bills for its repairs. There was a No Claims Bonus in the latest insurance though.

What do you guys think? Shud I ask for more evidence? Does it look like a decent buy for 5.75-6lacs?
Old 30th September 2012, 19:33   #5728
BHPian

I would say ask for evidence and hard steering sounds a bit fishy, maybe the car needs servicing and stuff. Try to negotiate too because in just 2-2.5 years the car had clocked around 47k which is pretty high. Anything more than 5-5.25 doesn't make sense.

Last edited by YashD : 30th September 2012 at 19:36.
Old 30th September 2012, 19:41   #5729
Senior - BHPian

I have got a offer for Scorpio mHawk; year-2009; modelVLX; run-36k kms; owner quoting @ 8 Lacs. Is this a good deal ? Secondly I had a look at new Quanto today. It is C6 variant is costing @ 8.63 On road price. Which is the better offer?
Old 30th September 2012, 19:47   #5730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I would say ask for evidence and hard steering sounds a bit fishy, maybe the car needs servicing and stuff. Try to negotiate too because in just 2-2.5 years the car had clocked around 47k which is pretty high. Anything more than 5-5.25 doesn't make sense.
The car has been serviced in August and all Fluids were changed including the power-steering oil.

And I sort-off agree on the odo reading, but from Kharghar to BKC is a daily drive of about 70kms (35kms each side) and if driven for 22 working days a month the average usage comes to about 18500kms a year. So the kms seem in sync with the usage, what say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks