Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:52   #5746
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
between Palios and Vistas, which is a better bet ?
Hello Narayan,
Between Vista & Palio, shut your eyes and go for Vista. Simply because Vista is a newer design & more importantly spares will be easier to source. Palio on the other hand,though tough,spares will be a headache. So Vista gets my vote.
But if you need absolute peace of mind, go for a Japanese. I hope I've not confused you more
Regards,
Varun
Old 2nd October 2012, 13:28   #5747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
i am looking for a budget diesel hatch between 3.5-4 lakhs. the swifts/ritz are too expensive. Palios and Indica Vistas are fitting my budget ( i also want to go for only max 5 yr old cars and not driven >50000kms )
between Palios and Vistas, which is a better bet ?
Hello narayan,

Between Palio & Vista you should definitely prefer Vista. Vista has 1.3 Fiat engine the same which is used in Swift & Palio. There is known history of Palio maintenance being costly & also the resale value is very less.

By the way, in Mumbai we are getting 2008 Swift (Diesel) Vdi around Rs. 4 lacs. I believe almost same will be the used car prices in Chennai.

Thanks,
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:00   #5748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I have very recently sold a 2011 manza and mine was a delhi registered top model of the manza. 5.25 lacs is about 50-60k too much for this one i believe.

Tata has a terrible resale value with not many people looking for a used tata car, no number of accessories seem to help in tata's case it seemed to me.

For this particular car 4.5 should be a good deal, in case the car is really well maintained one can add about 20-25k for the condition of the vehicle
Thanks for sharing your experience buddy.

I saw the car and plan to skip it altogether. There were issues with some noise from suspension and some rusting too.

Anyway, how does this look guys?
http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S326006

Will see the car tomorrow, but the guy is ready to deal around 6-6.2 lacs... Is this a good price.
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:07   #5749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Will see the car tomorrow, but the guy is ready to deal around 6-6.2 lacs... Is this a good price.
Hello Zenster,

The Car looks really well maintained. Also presense of original parking cover shows the owner has taken good care of the car.

If you are getting the Car around Rs. 6 lacs it will be a good deal. Just ensure that when you test drive the Car, the air pressure in tyres is at recommended levels.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:10   #5750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Zenster,

The Car looks really well maintained. Also presense of original parking cover shows the owner has taken good care of the car.

If you are getting the Car around Rs. 6 lacs it will be a good deal. Just ensure that when you test drive the Car, the air pressure in tyres is at recommended levels.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh.

Can you please tell me what is a "original parking cover ", haven't been close Octavia's so not sure what you mean.

Also air pressure check is required to check uneven tyre wear or anything else?

Sorry if the questions sound naive
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:18   #5751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Can you please tell me what is a "original parking cover ", Also air pressure check is required to check uneven tyre wear or anything else?
Hello Zenster,

Firstly regarding correct Air Pressure in tyres, recently a fellow T-BHpian shared his experience while buying a used Maruti Esteem. When he test drove the Car the suspensions seemed all fine. But couple of weeks after buying the Car he had to spend a large amount on major suspension work in the Car & this was smartly hidden by used car dealer by keeping the air pressure in tyres 5 - 7 points lower than recommended air pressure.

Regarding the parking cover, I saw the photographs of the Car in the link you posted above & in the boot the parking cover is still present in good state. Now typically we put parking cover during initial few months of buying the Car. Then slowly the cover finds its place in store room & one fine day it is not traceable. But in this Car even after three years it is still present in the boot, which made me assume that owner has taken good care of the car.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 2nd October 2012 at 15:33. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 2nd October 2012, 15:26   #5752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Zenster,

Firstly regarding correct Air Pressure in tyres, recently a fellow T-BHpian shared his experience while buying a used Maruti Esteem. When he test drove the Car the suspensions seemed all fine. But couple of weeks after buying the Car he had to spend a large amount on major suspension work in the Car & this was smartly hidden by used car dealer by keeping the air pressure in tyres 5 - 7 points lower than recommended air pressure.

Regarding the parking cover, I saw the photographs of the Car in the link you posteds above & in the boot the parking cover is still present in good state. Now typically we put parking cover during initial few months of buying the Car. Then slowly the cover finds its place in store room & one fine day it is not traceable. But in this Car even after three years it is still present in the boot, which made me assume that owner has taken good care of the car.

Thanks,
Great Observation! And points duely noted, will report back tomorrow on how it goes.
Zenster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 17:41   #5753
Team-BHP Support

How much would my 2012 Punto 90HP fetch? (In case i need to sell it).

Its run 17k kms in 6 months. Showroom condition except for one tiny scratch on the bumper. Upgraded music system for an additional 50k. OTR Price in Chennai at the time was 7.93L. Now ~8.5L i suppose.
Old 2nd October 2012, 19:20   #5754
BHPian

I'm planning sell my 2003 ohc vtec and search a used civic. Ohc vtec has done 65k and tyres have been changed 20k kms back. Has music system worth 25k, has reverse parking sensor, central locking , k&n cai, irridium plugs and running on synthetic oil. What is the price I can expect for it. I'm not in hurry hence won't like to sell to dealers, will like to find a buyer who can value and maintain vtec. Car is Mumbai registered with VIP/fancy number.
Old 2nd October 2012, 21:28   #5755
Senior - BHPian

Saurabh- you could expect 2.25-2.5lakhs. As you mentioned, dnt sell the car in a hurry. Wait for a buyer who appreciates the oHC
Old 2nd October 2012, 21:36   #5756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

Its run 17k kms in 6 months. Showroom condition except for one tiny scratch on the bumper. Upgraded music system for an additional 50k. OTR Price in Chennai at the time was 7.93L. Now ~8.5L i suppose.
Fiat and TATA carry poor resale value. 5lacs is a good price since she is just 6 months old. Try disposing by Dec, else people add one more year to it.
Old 2nd October 2012, 22:18   #5757
BHPian

Now i'm a classic dilemma here, i'm currently owning Indica Xeta 2008 which has run 22k and is still butter smooth. I'm planning to sell this off and buy a new car for which i have two options one of them is take my office mates SX4 2008 ZXI for 4 lakh or buy a new diesel car with budget of 8L max. Please advise, my running would 40km daily and once a month long trip exceeding 400km
Old 2nd October 2012, 23:14   #5758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Incase you are planning to sell it, Let me know. I would be interested.
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:26   #5759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
i'm currently owning Indica Xeta 2008 which has run 22k and is still butter smooth. I'm planning to sell this off and buy a new car for which i have two options one of them is take my office mates SX4 2008 ZXI for 4 lakh or buy a new diesel car with budget of 8L max. Please advise, my running would 40km daily and once a month long trip exceeding 400km
If your Xeta is running well why do you need to change? However if you do intend to buy a sedan 2008 SX4 sounds a good deal at 4 lakhs. How much has the car done?

Your daily running & once a month trip doesn't warrant a diesel. If fuel economy is your priority can consider CNGing the SX4.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:16   #5760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnavamshi24 View Post
Now i'm a classic dilemma here, i'm currently owning Indica Xeta 2008 which has run 22k and is still butter smooth. I'm planning to sell this off and buy a new car for which i have two options one of them is take my office mates SX4 2008 ZXI for 4 lakh or buy a new diesel car with budget of 8L max. Please advise, my running would 40km daily and once a month long trip exceeding 400km
Hello Krishnavamshi,

Firstly, your Indica Xeta will fetch very low resale value. Now your running is less than 1000 kms per month & if your Xeta is running fine then why upgrade to a Petrol Sedan (SX4 Zxi) which will give mileage in single figures (less than 10) in city.

Also going for a Rs. 8 lacs Diesel does not make sense because the monetary outflow on account of interest cost & depreciation cost does not justify for usage of less than 1000 kms per month.

Still if you are you are looking for a upgrade from Indica to sedan then I will suggest you go for your office SX4 which you know is well maintianed & then install CNG Kit in this Car. This will ensure that your per km running cost is less than Rs. 2 & also there is decent boot space left.

Thanks,

Most Viewed