Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 13:09   #5851
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viana View Post
My friend wants to sell his fiesta diesel 42000 km done. 2010 model. What's the realistic price one can pay for it. Have seen the car in close quarters. He has maintained well.
I believe 4 lakhs should be a good price for this one. 4.5 max i would go for this one.

Good luck mate !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by udeybeer View Post
Hi guys, what would be the fair price for bmw 320d highline done 38000kms of december 2008 and registered in jan 2009?the car is delhi registered.the exteriors have minor scratches at two places but otherwise car is in very good condition.
Also there is an audi A6 3 litre diesel done 42000kms of 2007.the dealer is quoting 19 lacs.what would be the fair price for this in delhi?
Which of the two would be the better choice?
Any help much appreciated guys.
Price of about 14-14.5 lacs should be a good deal for you for the 320d you are looking at, if you are lucky you should be able to get this one in about 13.5 lakhs.

19 lakhs price quote that you are getting for the Audi A6 3 ltr diesel engine seems to be on the higher side, 18 lakhs would be the highest i would go for this one assuming that the car has been kept in scratch-less & prim condition.

Of the two, well, there is a wide price gap between the two and if i were you and if i had that sort of a budget of Rs. 20 lakhs or so, i'd for the Audi here !!

Good luck
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 18:16   #5852
BHPian

Guys,

Looking forward to buy an used Punto.
there are quite a many of them available. Wanted to check the correct price for the same.
Sept 2009 - 1.3 Diesel- Emotion Pack - 50k kms - first owner - Over all conditions Good.

2010 - 1.3 Diesel - Emotion - 62k kms - first owner - Overall conditions Good.

need help on pricing!!!
Old 16th October 2012, 15:38   #5853
BHPian

Guys,
I have finalized a used VW Passat August 2011 (old shape) single owner for 13.5 lakhs.
The car is a 1.8 Tsi and has done about 21,000 kms.

The car is in excellent condition and is really well maintained. While i have finalized just wanted to check if the deal is good?? :P
Old 16th October 2012, 16:20   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Guys,
I have finalized a used VW Passat August 2011 (old shape) single owner for 13.5 lakhs.
The car is a 1.8 Tsi and has done about 21,000 kms.

The car is in excellent condition and is really well maintained. While i have finalized just wanted to check if the deal is good?? :P
IMO a new Laura VRS for a couple more lakhs makes much more sense. It is a new model, much better looking (individual opinion) and will come with 4 year warranty. I know the Passat has more toys but still ..

Old shape petrol Passat would have a very poor resale value. If you take it to a couple of dealers in your area I am pretty sure nobody would bid a penny over 10L. So 13.5L is a high price in my opinion. I know the car originally costed over 20L but there were very very few takers for it in the new car market so I would expect there would be fewer still in the used one.

IMO even if you want the car for keeps (say 5 years) a new 1.8 TSI Laura VRS is infinitely more sensible buy. It will hold its value better than the Passat and it will drive much better as well. If you want to be in the back seat most of the time then its a different ball game. But then you have already made your decision.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:35   #5855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
IMO a new Laura VRS for a couple more lakhs makes much more sense. It is a new model, much better looking (individual opinion) and will come with 4 year warranty. I know the Passat has more toys but still ..

Old shape petrol Passat would have a very poor resale value. If you take it to a couple of dealers in your area I am pretty sure nobody would bid a penny over 10L. So 13.5L is a high price in my opinion. I know the car originally costed over 20L but there were very very few takers for it in the new car market so I would expect there would be fewer still in the used one.

IMO even if you want the car for keeps (say 5 years) a new 1.8 TSI Laura VRS is infinitely more sensible buy. It will hold its value better than the Passat and it will drive much better as well. If you want to be in the back seat most of the time then its a different ball game. But then you have already made your decision.
Well honesty am not really buying the car for the driving aspect., i was looking more for the comfort aspect. While i intend to drive the car myself, it will not be extensively used. I expect to click about 500-750 kms a month at the max.

The Passat has a lot more features and lot more bells and whistles and also has a much better interior space. I really love the interior. Also it is a segment higher.

This car is in warranty till 2015 and personally i dont prefer the SKODA looks.
While the price i paid may have been on the higher side, the condition of the car is scratless. (its almost as good as new).

But thanks for the feedback though
Old 16th October 2012, 18:18   #5856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Sept 2009 - 1.3 Diesel- Emotion Pack - 50k kms - first owner - Over all conditions Good. 2010 - 1.3 Diesel - Emotion - 62k kms - first owner - Overall conditions Good.
Hello me@fiat,

For Sep 2009 or 2010 Punto that has already done 50000 kms, you should not pay anything more than Rs. 3.9 to Rs. 4.0 lacs. Infact I will put the reasonable range between Rs. 3.5 & Rs. 4 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 16th October 2012, 21:20   #5857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Well honesty am not really buying the car for the driving aspect., i was looking more for the comfort aspect. While i intend to drive the car myself, it will not be extensively used. I expect to click about 500-750 kms a month at the max.

The Passat has a lot more features and lot more bells and whistles and also has a much better interior space. I really love the interior. Also it is a segment higher.

This car is in warranty till 2015 and personally i dont prefer the SKODA looks.
While the price i paid may have been on the higher side, the condition of the car is scratless. (its almost as good as new).

But thanks for the feedback though
The pricing is really great. Almost 10 lakhs lesser than a new one is great deal. 13.5 is a good deal for a year old car though 21000km done for a petrol fuel car seems higher, it is not a downer. Old shape yes - that hurts a little but even contributes to lesser buy price. Even the Skoda top end Tsi goes for this price. Could you highlight some of the bells and whistles over a top end Superb.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:52   #5858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello me@fiat,

For Sep 2009 or 2010 Punto that has already done 50000 kms, you should not pay anything more than Rs. 3.9 to Rs. 4.0 lacs. Infact I will put the reasonable range between Rs. 3.5 & Rs. 4 lacs.

Thanks,
Hay Jignesh thnx for the reply man!

Somehow here in pune i came across at least 8-10 Punto emotion pack all of them had done 60k+ Kms irrespective of either 09/10 each of them went above 4.5lakhs and +.

Whereas Emotion models all them went for 3.8-4.1 range!!!
I am talking about diesel models!! Now the range which you have mentioned and the prices which i am noticing in the market have huge difference of 50K. I am more confused now
Old 17th October 2012, 10:59   #5859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The pricing is really great. Almost 10 lakhs lesser than a new one is great deal. 13.5 is a good deal for a year old car though 21000km done for a petrol fuel car seems higher, it is not a downer. Old shape yes - that hurts a little but even contributes to lesser buy price. Even the Skoda top end Tsi goes for this price. Could you highlight some of the bells and whistles over a top end Superb.
Hi Dipen,
Well the Topline Passat and Superb are nearly identical in features some extra features in the Passat are Brake Assist, Traction Control and Electrical rear sun blinds. In the latest highline Passat you also get Park Assist and massage seats.

Guys please update on anything i missed out.
punitkakri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 13:17   #5860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Now the range which you have mentioned and the prices which i am noticing in the market have huge difference of 50K. I am more confused now
Hello me@fiat,

Thank you for the appreciation.

See currently used diesel hatchbacks are in huge demand & dealers are quoting unreasonably high prices for these cars. Maybe it is true that 2009 Diesel Punto's (with 60000+ odo reading) have sold for Rs. 4.5 lacs

Now you will have to make a decision here - whether you will like to go for a used Car for Rs. 4.5 lacs that has already done 55,000 kms? Add to the fact that Fiat's after sales service is always in question? That is why I suggested not to pay more than Rs. 4 lacs for 2009 / 2010 diesel Punto as those cars had already done 55,000 kms.

Though you have not asked but still, if your budget is Rs. 4.5 lacs, why not look at new diesel / CNG hatchbacks like Beat or WagonR CNG in range of Rs. 5 - 6 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 17th October 2012, 15:14   #5861
BHPian

Any suggestions on a price range for a BMW 320d, 2010 Aug, done about 16000Kms single owner in Mumbai? I ask this as a buyer.
Old 17th October 2012, 16:02   #5862
BHPian

Have been seeing a few XUVs up for sale.

Though too early to talk about trends, was wondering what could be prices of pre owned XUVs of 2012 make. I saw one W8 FWD priced at 14Lac.

I recently have picked up an SX4, and someone is asking me if I am interested in selling. If got good price, wouldn't mind going for XUV pre-owned and hence this querry
Old 17th October 2012, 17:30   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Any suggestions on a price range for a BMW 320d, 2010 Aug, done about 16000Kms single owner in Mumbai? I ask this as a buyer.
If it the 320d Highline then I would say its worth around 19 or 20 lakhs considering you are in mumbai. If you are referring to the corporate edition then you can look at another 3 lakhs off that value.
Old 17th October 2012, 21:05   #5864

Folks,
There is an ad on Team -BHP Classifieds for a 1.5 yr old Etios Petrol "V" sedan. Expected price is 6.5L. What do you guys think I can offer for this car?

Raghu Srinivasa
Old 17th October 2012, 23:59   #5865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Have been seeing a few XUVs up for sale.

Though too early to talk about trends, was wondering what could be prices of pre owned XUVs of 2012 make. I saw one W8 FWD priced at 14Lac.

I recently have picked up an SX4, and someone is asking me if I am interested in selling. If got good price, wouldn't mind going for XUV pre-owned and hence this querry
I have been following lot of pre owned XUV's W8 for sale in Mumbai and a very good piece with only 9k done - silver colour is available for 13 lakhs. If interested I can patch you up with this guy who is selling. I am not interested in the XUV as I will soon finalize a deal on cruze AT.

A question for all though - what should be the price of a Cruze AT - May 2011 - done 16500 kms. Well maintained and not even a single scratch.

Kailash

Most Viewed