Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2012, 14:03   #5926
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am planning to let go of my 2006 Dec Indigo LX which has done 64000 km. It has 4 alloys, central locking with engine immobiliser, Blaupunkt music system with 4 speakers. Normal big city scratches and dents (nothing major!). How much can I realistically ask for it?
Old 28th October 2012, 15:57   #5927
BHPian

am thinking of mselling my August 2007 Alto Lx 40k KM.
I few minor dents at the back side. sedately driven and regularly serviced at MASS. 2 tyres are worn out and need to be replaced. how much can i expect for it?
Old 28th October 2012, 20:33   #5928
BHPian

What is the current market price of the following cars..
1) 2010 altis G/GL which has done approx 30,000 kms
2) 2010 laura 1.8 tsi ambience, done approx 27000 kms
Old 29th October 2012, 10:47   #5929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post
am thinking of mselling my August 2007 Alto Lx 40k KM.I few minor dents at the back side. sedately driven and regularly serviced at MASS. 2 tyres are worn out and need to be replaced. how much can i expect for it?
Hello,

I feel you will not get more than Rs. 1.25 lacs for your Car. Considering the immediately required repairs worth Rs. 20,000 (new 4 tyres & removing dents)

Do you really need to sell this Car? I think you should convert it to CNG (if available in your city) & use it as city car for family.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 21:58   #5930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
I feel you will not get more than Rs. 1.25 lacs for your Car. Considering the immediately required repairs worth Rs. 20,000 (new 4 tyres & removing dents)

Do you really need to sell this Car? I think you should convert it to CNG (if available in your city) & use it as city car for family.
Thanks Jignesh, now i atleast have some idea of the expected price.

The drive is not much and we are not thinking of diesel or running cost.
The only problem with the car is that it does not have a power steering and hence is difficult for my father to drive. So we are thinking of selling this and buying either ALTO800, Alto K10 or WagonR with a power steering.
guptavis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 10:17   #5931
BHPian

Guys....my father in law who stays in mumbai is Planning to buy a used i10 that is registered in thane.
If it is registered in mumbai additional octroi has to paid. So we are Planning to register it in vada where they have a legal address. Yet the dealer insists on paying octroi which amounts to 2%

As far as i know vada comes under thane district so octroi isnt required.

Kindly advise guys
Old 30th October 2012, 12:04   #5932
BHPian

Hi Friends,
One of my close friends is looking to buy his first car. We are looking at Used cars in the budget of 2.5 to 3L in chennai. During the car hunt, I found that the Zen estilo to be the cheaper most used car in the Market. Able to see 2009,10 Zen estilos going for 2.2 to 2.5L that too from dealers. We were initially looking at i10,Wagon-R. But after seeing the ongoing prices for Estilos, My friend wants to go for it and save some money. My concern is, Whether estilo will be suitable for a first time car buyer? what should be the realistic price for estilo cars of 2009,10 Vintage? And, why such low price for a car from Maruti stable when other cars of the same stable commands a high resale value? Kindly chip in your inputs.
Old 30th October 2012, 13:30   #5933
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu
Hi Friends,
One of my close friends is looking to buy his first car. We are looking at Used cars in the budget of 2.5 to 3L in chennai. During the car hunt, I found that the Zen estilo to be the cheaper most used car in the Market. Able to see 2009,10 Zen estilos going for 2.2 to 2.5L that too from dealers. We were initially looking at i10,Wagon-R. But after seeing the ongoing prices for Estilos, My friend wants to go for it and save some money. My concern is, Whether estilo will be suitable for a first time car buyer? what should be the realistic price for estilo cars of 2009,10 Vintage? And, why such low price for a car from Maruti stable when other cars of the same stable commands a high resale value? Kindly chip in your inputs.
Estilo was never in demand (compared to other products from MS stable). A low demand of a new car translates to less demand in the used car market as well (few exceptions are there though), and less demand would mean lesser resale value too.

As a car, estilo is a wagonR with different skin, and is as good/ bad. If your friend is happy with its looks, no harm in going for it.

You could also look at Chevy Spark. Another case of low resale value which should benefit your friend.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 14:30   #5934
BHPian

Fiat Linea 2010 Emotion Diesel Model. It has clocked close to 50k and in good condition.
As per carwale, its current value is close to 3.3 lakhs. What do you guys think?
Old 30th October 2012, 17:19   #5935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Fiat Linea 2010 Emotion Diesel Model. It has clocked close to 50k and in good condition.
As per carwale, its current value is close to 3.3 lakhs. What do you guys think?
I guess 3.3 lakhs would be the dealer price here, 3.3 lakhs for a diesel car seems too low to me even though Fiat has a very poor re-sale value, but i guess if you manage to get an individual buyer the car can fetch you somewhere close to 4 lakhs, though if you are out to buy the vehicle, then 3.5 would be a decent enough deal !!

Good luck !!
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 17:48   #5936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
You could also look at Chevy Spark. Another case of low resale value which should benefit your friend.
Thanks bro for the suggestion. And yes, Spark is also a nice option. I'll suggest my friend the same.
Old 30th October 2012, 21:13   #5937
Senior - BHPian

Prices in NCR and Mumbai are so good. Even Swift/Ritz from 2008/07 are going at 4.5-5 lakhs here in Chennai !
Old 30th October 2012, 23:03   #5938
BHPian

Today Bought a Wagon R Vxi 2007 model for 1.8L scratch-less condition, 4 tyres changes 3000km back. Suspension needs overhauling, cost approx 5-7k. Car has run 36000 genuine kms. Car looks as good as new. Owner had got service done recently and also put in new seat covers It also has sony ICE with ovals in bacl and 4in in front
Old 31st October 2012, 00:28   #5939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Guys....my father in law who stays in mumbai is Planning to buy a used i10 that is registered in thane.
If it is registered in mumbai additional octroi has to paid. So we are Planning to register it in vada where they have a legal address. Yet the dealer insists on paying octroi which amounts to 2%

As far as i know vada comes under thane district so octroi isnt required.

Kindly advise guys
Yes wada comes under Thane district. I dont think you need to pay any octroi for the transfer of the Thane registered vehicle. I think the dealer is trying to fleece you with that claim.
nithesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 04:07   #5940
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Am planning to sell my 2009 Dec i10 1.2 Sportz Kappa, (42K Kms, Alloys, new Yokohama tires).

Auto-terrace values my car at 2.8Lac, is that a right price?

Also, am planning to buy a 2008 Dec City S-MT (61K kms, Stanley leather seats, Alloys) from them, they are asking for 5Lac.

Is this a good deal?

Please advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks