Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 13:43   #6076
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Looking to sell FIAT Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. Year is 2007, and 50,300 kms on the Odo. What price can I expect in Mumbai ?
Hello Seeler,
Unfortunately, Palio was one of the market duds even after being an excellent driver's car. Also Palio had a reputation of being a fuel guzzler. And in these times were petrol is as precious as gold, it might work against you.

I believe you should quote a price of around 1.5L & look to sell it at around 1.1-1.2L.

OT - Do you really wanna sell the Palio. It can be an excellent weekend car for you?! Think about retaining it.

Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 14:16   #6077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I believe you should quote a price of around 1.5L & look to sell it at around 1.1-1.2L.

OT - Do you really wanna sell the Palio. It can be an excellent weekend car for you?! Think about retaining it.

Hope this helps,
Varun
Hi Varun : Thanks for your response. I think if I get that kind of range I would be satisfied, not elated. Should have got the Maruti at that point. . It still commands quite a respectable resale value.

I do not have the parking space, and cannot afford to have another parking slot to hold on to the Palio, however much I would like to.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:31   #6078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlotwin View Post
if it can serve me 5-10000 kms over few years then it will be ok ! Any suggestion what I should be looking for ? (any maintenance free 5 seater other than nano and alto !!! )
Hello,

I dont know about used Car market in your city, Bikaner.

But when it comes to Mumbai, today we are getting October 2010 Maruti WagonR K10 for Rs. 3,00,000 or even less. When it comes to Swift Vxi, 2009 / 2010 Models are available from Rs. 3.5 lacs onwards.

Do not depend only on Used Car Dealers, they are known to keep huge margins on Used Cars. I suggest to try some networking & find a direct seller.

Apart from Swift & WagonR, you can also look at Ritz & Santro, which are equally dependable cars. Wish you all the best best for your used Car search.

Thanks,
Old 21st November 2012, 17:02   #6079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Hi Varun : Thanks for your response. I think if I get that kind of range I would be satisfied, not elated. Should have got the Maruti at that point. . It still commands quite a respectable resale value.

I do not have the parking space, and cannot afford to have another parking slot to hold on to the Palio, however much I would like to.
Hi Seeler,

Just FYI - I had sold my perfect condition Palio 1.6 Stile 2007 in 2010 for about 2.8..and this is in Delhi. If you can get hold of an enthusiast, you should get 1.5, but be prepared to wait for a few months.
Old 21st November 2012, 18:37   #6080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Hi Seeler,

Just FYI - I had sold my perfect condition Palio 1.6 Stile 2007 in 2010 for about 2.8..and this is in Delhi. If you can get hold of an enthusiast, you should get 1.5, but be prepared to wait for a few months.
Hello JishD,
2010 was a very good time to offload a petrol car. 2.8L in 2010 was a damm good price. But I don't think you can get the same value today.

Petrol price in Delhi in 2010 - Rs.47.93
Petrol price in Delhi in 2012 - Rs.67.24
Difference - Rs.19.31 or 28.71 %

@ seeler - Just saw your car in the classified section. You seem to have maintained her well. I hope you get a better price!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 21st November 2012, 21:56   #6081
BHPian

Gurus. I'm hunting for a low run civic automatic in used car market, and plan to install lpg sequential kit.
I'm fine to compromise on power and engine life since I plan to use it for not more than 3 years.
Kindly advice whether this is a good idea?

My need is a AT Vehicle that can carry 5 passengers comfortably since this will be the sole car for sometime. My daily running is 100+ Kms, but finding a good reliable diesel AT in my budget of 8 lacs is tough.

Please please advice.

MODS: little ot but couldn't find an appropriate thread. No infractions please.
Old 21st November 2012, 22:58   #6082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Gurus. I'm hunting for a low run civic automatic in used car market, and plan to install lpg sequential kit.
I'm fine to compromise on power and engine life since I plan to use it for not more than 3 years.
Kindly advice whether this is a good idea?

My need is a AT Vehicle that can carry 5 passengers comfortably since this will be the sole car for sometime. My daily running is 100+ Kms, but finding a good reliable diesel AT in my budget of 8 lacs is tough.

Please please advice.

MODS: little ot but couldn't find an appropriate thread. No infractions please.
You should be able to find most of the answers for your query here;
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...matic-cng.html
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:02   #6083
BHPian

Hi guys..
A friend is planning to buy a used diesel car. Following options were seen.budget is 5lac
1) fiat punto : we saw a white punto emotion 2009 going for 4.25 lac. Amazing ride quality but car felt sluggish compared to swift which he is used to drive. Also felt it had been reversed to 28k. Weird noises while braking.

2) optra magnum tcdi : saw a couple of 2008 ls models going for abt 5lac.
Both had done around 65k. Car feels spacious,fun to drive and excellent ride quality. Only concern is maintenance costs and availability of spares.

3) skoda octavia 1.9tdi : plenty of them in the market. 2006 riders going for around 5 lac. Excellent ride and engine. Good road presence. Again only concern is maintainance costs and spares availability.

4)skoda fabia : 2008 1.4 tdi comes for around 3.75 loaded with all safety features and fun to drive as well.again concerned abt spares availability and maintainance costs.

Both of us love the magnum as it feels complete.what do you guys suggest
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:44   #6084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Hi guys..
A friend is planning to buy a used diesel car. Following options were seen.budget is 5lac
1) fiat punto :
2) optra magnum tcdi :
3) skoda octavia 1.9tdi :
4)skoda fabia :
Hello Shanty,
Does the Punto that you saw have the no. ending - 8987. If yes, about a week back I saw this car being driven very very rashly on godbunder road. I don't know if it was a prospective customer or the dealer chaps. Either way, in the way it was driven, I'm not surprised about "weird noises"

To answer your query, I never recommend out of production cars. So out goes Magnum. Skoda's reputation on A.S.S is known on this forum. Besides, spares for Skoda is expensive.

If he's OK with Fiat, I suggest you check out the Fiat Linea. Apart from A.S.S, there's nothing wrong with Linea. And it fits his budget too!! It's a shame Linea's are not selling much.

Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 22nd November 2012 at 13:46.
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:53   #6085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain

Hello Shanty,
Does the Punto that you saw have the no. ending - 8987. If yes, about a week back I saw this car being driven very very rashly on godbunder road. I don't know if it was a prospective customer or the dealer chaps. Either way, in the way it was driven, I'm not surprised about "weird noises"

To answer your query, I never recommend out of production cars. So out goes Magnum. Skoda's reputation on A.S.S is known on this forum. Besides, spares for Skoda is expensive.

If he's OK with Fiat, I suggest you check out the Fiat Linea. Apart from A.S.S, there's nothing wrong with Linea. And it fits his budget too!! It's a shame Linea's are not selling much.

Hope this helps,
Varun
Tnx varun...
Didnt pay attention much to the number but the car in qyuestion is a white punto with white alloys.
Ticked off skoda and magnum

Getting an i20 for 4.5. Its a three year old magna. Planning to check it tomorrow
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:45   #6086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks

3) skoda octavia 1.9tdi : plenty of them in the market. 2006 riders going for around 5 lac. Excellent ride and engine. Good road presence. Again only concern is maintainance costs and spares availability.
Mate, not sure which city you're in. I'm in Delhi and haven't been able to find buyers for my 2006 Laura L&K for 4.5L, despite maintaining it impeccably. Also, Its a myth that Skoda cars are expensive to maintain. And as for the A.S.S. my experience has been nothing but awesome. Been a Skoda loyalist since 2002, when I bought my first Octavia.
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:50   #6087
BHPian

Guys, need your advice. Have been offered a single owner 2009 December BMW X3 Diesel(I believe there is only one variant). The car is Black in color and has done just under 70k kms. The owner is asking for 17.3L, but the conduit is confident that he'll sell at 15.5L. Is this car a logical daily driver? What does an average service cost?
Old 24th November 2012, 10:00   #6088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke
Guys, need your advice. Have been offered a single owner 2009 December BMW X3 Diesel(I believe there is only one variant). The car is Black in color and has done just under 70k kms. The owner is asking for 17.3L, but the conduit is confident that he'll sell at 15.5L. Is this car a logical daily driver? What does an average service cost?
Service costs will be higher, running into 50k minimum. I'm saying this because my boss bought a used x3 in 2011 out of sheer enthusiasm. He had a Honda city prior and upgraded to Beemer x3 due to mouth watering deal, it has NO BSI package and the hard reality started biting within 2 months when the car went for service. He was literally depressed and started pulling his hair everytime there was a small part replacement or service. He finally parted the car last month and incurred huge loss. Sorry for long post.
Point is, though this vehicle is available for under 16lacs, it still requires the service or maintenence of a vehicle worth 50lacs.
Please consider all the points very carefully before plonking the money.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 10:36   #6089
BHPian

There has been a flood of XUV 5OOs in the second hand market, and very less buyers for the cars. A dealer friend of mine has a year old XUV lying in his yard for over 2months and no interested party.
A friend's friend is looking to sell his Nov 2011, MH 46 registered XUV 5OO which has run hardly 6000kms for 11.6lakhs and he isn't getting any serious buyers.
It's funny how market dynamics change so quickly!
Old 24th November 2012, 10:41   #6090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil
There has been a flood of XUV 5OOs in the second hand market, and very less buyers for the cars. A dealer friend of mine has a year old XUV lying in his yard for over 2months and no interested party.
A friend's friend is looking to sell his Nov 2011, MH 46 registered XUV 5OO which has run hardly 6000kms for 11.6lakhs and he isn't getting any serious buyers.
It's funny how market dynamics change so quickly!
I agree. It's sad to see the initial batch of owners taking the hit due to half baked product released by M&M. Initial niggles has created - ve perception. It's baffling to see the new cars allotted through lottery, while used ones have very less buyers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks