Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 16:21   #6106
BHPian

Hi guys. Saw a 2005 octavia rider automatic with 75 k on the odo. Car interiors were not good with the roof lining hanging down. But the engine fired up and sounded sweet. Coulnt test drive it as it was gridlocked. Plan to do so tomorrow. The owner is asking for 6.25. Any ideas about the price.

Regards
Sathya
Old 26th November 2012, 16:24   #6107
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik60 View Post
One of my friends is being offered a Fiat Palio second hand. I dont know the details yet, but irrespective of make/cost/kms run and other details, is it advisable to buy a Fiat Palio second hand now?
Hello Kaushik,

Forget couple of years from now, Palio spares are already in short supply in most of cities in India.

Frankly speaking ask your friend to avoid Fiat Palio for two reasons - 1. for service / spares problem & 2. for very low resale value.

Infact while buying used cars generally avoid cars models that are already discontinued by manufacturers execpt for Maruti, Hyundai & Honda.

Also request you to post such queries after getting further details about the Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 16:35   #6108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Krishnan,

Rs. 1.4 lacs for a December 2003 Zen Lx with 72000 kms on ODO is a really good price.

In Mumbai, we are getting 2004 & 2005 Maruti Zen Vxi for Rs. 1.4 from used Car Dealers. Which means they have bought these Cars for approx Rs. 1.1 - Rs. 1.2 lacs.

By the way did you your car to direct buyer or to used Car Dealer?

Thanks,
I sold it to a Car Dealer here in Coimbatore. Happy to hear that 1.4 is a good price

He was really impressed with the car and didn't bother to drive it also; just started it, switched on the a/c and that's it. Also, though it's an LX model, I had loaded it with fog lights, rear bumper lights, g-sport seat covers (red & black) and gave him the ICE (Pioneer HU and Sony speakers) etc. Maybe that drove the price higher?
Old 26th November 2012, 16:38   #6109
BHPian

Hey Jignesh!
Thanks for your inputs. It is just as I had feared.
And yes, I will put up more details from next time.
Thanks anyway!
Old 26th November 2012, 17:38   #6110
BHPian

Harish, you bring out an excellent point, that of the cost of ownership. If it is 50k, I'm fine, I don't have any issue. However, my problem is how does one know that you're not being saddled off with a lemon. I have a degree in engineering but honestly, I cant remember anything from those days. So how does an average joe know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Service costs will be higher, running into 50k minimum. I'm saying this because my boss bought a used x3 in 2011 out of sheer enthusiasm. He had a Honda city prior and upgraded to Beemer x3 due to mouth watering deal, it has NO BSI package and the hard reality started biting within 2 months when the car went for service. He was literally depressed and started pulling his hair everytime there was a small part replacement or service. He finally parted the car last month and incurred huge loss. Sorry for long post.
Point is, though this vehicle is available for under 16lacs, it still requires the service or maintenence of a vehicle worth 50lacs.
Please consider all the points very carefully before plonking the money.
Old 26th November 2012, 17:49   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi guys. Saw a 2005 octavia rider automatic with 75 k on the odo. Car interiors were not good with the roof lining hanging down. But the engine fired up and sounded sweet. Coulnt test drive it as it was gridlocked. Plan to do so tomorrow. The owner is asking for 6.25. Any ideas about the price.

Regards
Sathya
6.25L Ha ha. Is he out of his mind? Octy automatic? Is this diesel? I had heard there were only a small number of Octy automatics and those too petrol that were sold in India. Please stay away from this car. Not only is Octavia discontinued but the automatic transmission will be a pain to repair/replace because of the very limited specimens sold here. This car is not even worth half the price that the owner is asking for. I sold my 2005 Octy L&K diesel in pristine condition for 4.5L a few months ago. The car did not have a single scratch inside or out, spotless leather interiors, new tyres and ran like a dream. It was sold to relative even though I was getting around 5L otherwise. 6.25L for a 2005 rider automatic with questionable interiors is bordering on lunacy.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:01   #6112
BHPian

Hi cesc thought so too. Carwale gave arounf 3.5l. Is a octy manual a good buy though. Sathya
Old 26th November 2012, 19:44   #6113
BHPian

Octy manual with the 1.8T or 1.9TDI engine is a geat car to buy BUT buy with your eyes wide open because if you get a bad car (read ill-maintained or accidented) then it will burn a hole through your pocket. You should get an excellent 2005 diesel manual Octy for around 4L if it is the Rider trim.
Old 26th November 2012, 21:43   #6114
BHPian

Thanks Cesc. Ice on the forum has given the contacts of a person who savvies octavias. Let me give it a shot. Any particular peculiarities i should look out for. Btw. Have been using a fabia for three years and 35 k km. love driving it, more than the optra and innova at my command.

Best wishes.
Sathya
Old 26th November 2012, 23:07   #6115
BHPian

[quote=Jignesh;2973055]Hello Kaushik,

Forget couple of years from now, Palio spares are already in short supply in most of cities in India.

Frankly speaking ask your friend to avoid Fiat Palio for two reasons - 1. for service / spares problem & 2. for very low resale value.

Infact while buying used cars generally avoid cars models that are already discontinued by manufacturers execpt for Maruti, Hyundai & Honda.

Very Valid point Jignesh . if its more than 5 years these are the only brands to go for and if the price range is < 2 lakhs , Accent CRDI makes sense .
Old 27th November 2012, 11:33   #6116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya

Regards
Sathya
Please stay away from octavia. Its a good car but if anything goes wrong the dealer will take you for a ride and mechanics outside cant do a good job and might screw the car.

I have come across two guys recently who baught used octavias,were happy initially but even minor issues burned hole in there pocket.
Old 27th November 2012, 12:49   #6117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Narayan,

Rs. 3.5 lacs for 2009 Vista aura Quadrajet is good. Nothing particular to take care, just take note of rattles & strange sounds during test drive & most important ensure that air pressure in Tyres is accurate.

Thanks,

Finally after lot of negotiations sealed the deal at 3.65lakhs for the 2009 Vista Aura Q-Jet. My mechanic gave a go ahead. I am getting a music system that the previous owner had put in also along with the car. The car has done abour 24XXX genuine kms. This will be my first TATA. Fingers crossed !

Last edited by narayan : 27th November 2012 at 12:51.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:31   #6118
BHPian

How much do you guys think a 2.5 year old BEAT LS petrol with 13K on the ODO would fetch? Car interior is in fantastic condition. Exterior has scratches on bumpers. Car has a stereo that cost 15K during purchase. No other upgrades.

Carwale reports 2.75 for Good, 2.85 for Excellent.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:46   #6119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Finally after lot of negotiations sealed the deal at 3.65lakhs for the 2009 Vista Aura Q-Jet. The car has done abour 24XXX genuine kms. This will be my first TATA. Fingers crossed !
Hello Narayan,

Congrats for the new Car & also thank you for updating the forum on purchase price.

Good to know that you have negotiated the Price as suggested by us.

Nothing much to worry about & you will definitely have a nice time driving this Diesel machine. Wish you happy journey & your new Car & lot of savings as this is a Diesel driven vehicle.

Do post pictures & your initial ownership report.

Thanks,
Old 27th November 2012, 15:36   #6120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
How much do you guys think a 2.5 year old BEAT LS petrol with 13K on the ODO would fetch? Car interior is in fantastic condition. Exterior has scratches on bumpers. Car has a stereo that cost 15K during purchase. No other upgrades.

Carwale reports 2.75 for Good, 2.85 for Excellent.
An important aspect is where is the vehicle registered at. Nonetheless, anything between 2.5 & 2.75 seems to be a good price for Beat !!

Good Luck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks