Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2012, 00:43   #6181
BHPian

Guys,
I am getting an offer of Rs 8.5 lakh for 2009 November Corolla Altis V AT, done 26000 Kms . Will try to bargain a bit more. He is the second owner. The car seems to be well maintained, of course I will be checking with the Toyota dealer on Monday. Full cover insurance of Rs 16,000/ also paid in nov. shall I pick it up ? Do I need to be wary of anything in particular?
Thanks in advance.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:39   #6182
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Guys,
I am getting an offer of Rs 8.5 lakh for 2009 November Corolla Altis V AT, done 26000 Kms . Will try to bargain a bit more. He is the second owner. The car seems to be well maintained, of course I will be checking with the Toyota dealer on Monday. Full cover insurance of Rs 16,000/ also paid in nov. shall I pick it up ? Do I need to be wary of anything in particular?
Thanks in advance.
VAT Altis? Or is it the VL model?
If it is VL, you should be shelling out no more than 7-7.5 at the max, if the vehicle is in good condition.
Old 9th December 2012, 11:42   #6183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
VAT Altis? Or is it the VL model?
If it is VL, you should be shelling out no more than 7-7.5 at the max, if the vehicle is in good condition.
V AT is nothing but the GL with AT box. Some times people call it VL but there is no VL variant. It's G, GL and V. V is GL with AT box but now with the new Altis you get G AT as well.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 12:06   #6184
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks in advance.
I think 8.5 is an extremely high price. The petrol automatics these days demand a very low resale value. As it is already a second owner car I would say nothing more than 7. Maybe a little more if the car is in excellent shape.
Old 9th December 2012, 14:03   #6185
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks in advance.
7lacs is a good price. This is year end and owner should be told that in 20days,car will depreciate by another year. This will help you push for good deal.
Old 9th December 2012, 21:44   #6186
BHPian

I've been offered alto vxi 2008 feb model, 42000km on the odo with cng kit for 2,05,000, he is also giving me the option of 1,75,000 if he is allowed to remove cng and audio system.

what is the advise of learned boarders? Is the price right?

Also wanted to ask if maruti ever offered alto in red colour (not maroon)
Old 9th December 2012, 21:55   #6187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside
I've been offered alto vxi 2008 feb model, 42000km on the odo with cng kit for 2,05,000, he is also giving me the option of 1,75,000 if he is allowed to remove cng and audio system.

what is the advise of learned boarders? Is the price right?

Also wanted to ask if maruti ever offered alto in red colour (not maroon)
There was no Alto VXi in 2008. Something is wrong
Old 9th December 2012, 22:18   #6188
BHPian

SOLD my 2006 Skoda Laura L&K MT today for 4.6L, the guy was quite happy with the car. He said most cars he'd seen were not kept well. All in all happy to have some parking space.
Old 9th December 2012, 22:29   #6189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari

There was no Alto VXi in 2008. Something is wrong
Sorry, I might be wrong with lxi vxi, the car has power steering, ac, body colour bumpers
Old 10th December 2012, 00:02   #6190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
SOLD my 2006 Skoda Laura L&K MT today for 4.6L, the guy was quite happy with the car. He said most cars he'd seen were not kept well. All in all happy to have some parking space.
How do you rate the overall condition, Excellent? and is it a petrol/diesel?

Regards
Old 10th December 2012, 00:05   #6191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside

Sorry, I might be wrong with lxi vxi, the car has power steering, ac, body colour bumpers
It might be an LXi. Anyways, the cost is a bit high for nearly 5 year old car. The bumpers would have been painted after the car was bought.
It also depends on the real condition of the car, seeing that it had a gas kit, engine would have been adversely affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay

How do you rate the overall condition, Excellent? and is it a petrol/diesel?

Regards
It would be a Diesel, all Laura pre-2009 were Diesel

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th December 2012 at 01:53. Reason: Please use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE function within 30 minutes to avoid posting consecutively. Thanks! :)
Old 10th December 2012, 11:11   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It might be an LXi. Anyways, the cost is a bit high for nearly 5 year old car. The bumpers would have been painted after the car was bought.
It also depends on the real condition of the car, seeing that it had a gas kit, engine would have been adversely affected.
Regarding the condition, it has been maintained very well, actually he has been finicky about driving with more than 3 people on board ever, and has been pampering the car like his baby.

He has added a Music system and central locking to stock car.

I plan keep the car for 2 years, till wifey gets confidence of driving in city and then switch over to brio. We were also thinking on the new alto, but its priced at 3.5 OTR, and due to height issues Spark and other tall boys are out of contention. (We allready have a Linea & Zen Estillo in house)

As you rightly said CNG would have taken its toll on the engine, Do you think 1.6 lac without CNG kit would be a fair price?

Last edited by sunnyside : 10th December 2012 at 11:13.
Old 10th December 2012, 11:18   #6193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
As you rightly said CNG would have taken its toll on the engine, Do you think 1.6 lac without CNG kit would be a fair price?
If you do not want CNG option, then search for petrol only Alto, which I am sure are easy to find. Buying a Car that is already run on CNG for more than 20000 kms & then removing the kit & using it on petrol for next two years is a risky proposition.

Here in Mumbai we are easily getting 2008 Alto for Rs. 1..6 / 1.7 lacs. I am sure almost similar will be a prices in Ahmedabad too.

Thanks,
Old 10th December 2012, 12:05   #6194
mxx
BHPian

I am planning to get a used car. FE is NOT my priority since I dont travel much, but looking for something with good handling and power characteristics,.
Although I have a few models in consideration, these are not very popular models and hence very difficult to get an idea of the approximate resale price.
Please give an idea of how much 2010 models of the below mentioned would be worth in the used car market (assume good condition with 40-50,000 kms on clock)
1. Fiesta 1.6S
2. Linea t-Jet
3. polo 1.6
Old 10th December 2012, 12:27   #6195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I am planning to get a used car. FE is NOT my priority since I dont travel much, but looking for something with good handling and power characteristics,.
Although I have a few models in consideration, these are not very popular models and hence very difficult to get an idea of the approximate resale price.
Please give an idea of how much 2010 models of the below mentioned would be worth in the used car market (assume good condition with 40-50,000 kms on clock)
1. Fiesta 1.6S
2. Linea t-Jet
3. polo 1.6
I am afraid I have no clue about how these would be priced. I guess the Fiesta and the Linea would be in the 4-5l range.
Interesting how you shortlisted the Polo though. Have you driven it? In my opinion it isn't all that brilliant as its cc badging would lead you to believe
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks