Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2012, 14:36   #6316
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
Model - Alto LXi CNG. Colour : White. Year of purchase: June 2011. KMs run till date : 36000 kms. Condition of the car : 'Good'.
Hello Smokie,

As your Car has already done 36000 kms in 1.5 years, you can expect Rs. 2.25 lacs for your Car. As Used Car Dealers will offer very low price, you will have to search for a direct buyer to fetch a better price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
I'm planning to sell my Bangalore registered Swift Zxi Sept 2005 (Garnet Orange), 102000 in odo. Well maintained.
Hello Ravi,

You should present a base price of Rs. 2.1 lacs to start negotiations. The major hinderance will be the ODO reading of 102000 kms.

Thanks,
Jignesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 16:46   #6317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.kolary View Post
A small update, the car is actually a 2006 model and has clocked 28k. The owner was ignorant as he is so not a car guy.
I had a look at the car, it is flawless without even a scratch. The tyres need to be replaced.

The car looks in top notch condition to me, though am concerned with the fuel economy of ~10kmpl(again the owner could be wrong)
But still i feel it is a car worth buying. 2lakhs is a good price right?
28 thousand KM in 6 years is more like it! 10K was a little implausible.

Do check if the car was recently refurbished and/or repainted since it has a flawless exterior. Quite a possibility for a six year old car.

Also you should look to offset the cost of the tires in your buying price because that is an immediate expense for you. You could easily use that to nego about Rs. 15-20K off his asking price.

Anyway I had an Esteem Vxi too for about 8 years which I sold recently. While the MPI engine is quite nice, it is not exactly very very frugal. Expect a mileage of about 10-12 KMPL in-city depending on prevalent road, traffic conditions and air con usage.

All in all, 2 Lacs is still on the higher side mate. Given everything (mind condition included), I think Rs. 1.75 Lacs is a fair price and should be your cut-off too.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 26th December 2012 at 16:48.
Old 26th December 2012, 20:37   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Any feedback will be highly appreciated.
Hi! am just researching on used petrol sedans. Just saw that you are selling your 2008 Accord 2.4 AT. It looks well maintained. Can you please confirm if you are the first owner? Thanks!

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/Accord.html/
Old 27th December 2012, 11:38   #6319
BHPian

Hey guys
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a used Tata Safari for a while now. Wondering if its a good idea at all. Would appreciate any help in this regard, especially with the following
1. Would purchasing a "used" Safari, given its not so promising reliability, make any sense at all?
2. What would be a good price range for a 3 or 4 year old 2.2VTT (2WD or 4WD), decently maintained specimen?
Appreciate any help I can get here!
Old 27th December 2012, 12:46   #6320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
A question to everybody, does it make sense in getting a CNG kit installed for this one and make it a daily workhorse ?
Hello Abhi,
I would not suggest you not to go for a CNG kit on the Fiesta. Reasons:-
- AFAIK, the Fiesta S has stiffer shocks than that of the regular 1.6.So the ride is a little stiff. With additional weight of CNG kit+CNG+some petrol,the ride might be uncomfortable.

- Fiesta's are known for their excellent handling. Again the added weight might play spoilsport.

- The 1.6 is a very responsive engine. CNG will, to a certain extent, blunt it's performance. Are you OK with that?

- The added weight will take a toll on it's suspension components. So maintenance can go upwards.

If you are looking for a daily drive, go for a diesel. What if you feel like taking your car on a cross country drive? You cant do that on CNG!!

I presume your budget is around 4.5L-5L. If you can increase your budget to around 5.5-6L, you can find Fiesta D ,Dzire DDIS or Linea MJD.

Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 27th December 2012 at 12:49.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 13:35   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
If you are looking for a daily drive, go for a diesel. What if you feel like taking your car on a cross country drive? You cant do that on CNG!!
Thank you for those inputs buddy. All those points are valid and they will only drain out the 'fun' factor from the car. I am moving towards a dilemma now, my usage is mostly during weekends but the travel time to office in our office transport is too high and using the bike isn't working out either as I am getting back pains. Hence, I might use it for daily use too but not sure. And I am a bug of highway drives as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I presume your budget is around 4.5L-5L. If you can increase your budget to around 5.5-6L, you can find Fiesta D ,Dzire DDIS or Linea MJD.
Actually my budget is close to 3.5 so thought if i can stretch little bit for the 'S'. Was also thinking for a Swift 1.3 lxi/vxi with a CNG I am very scared of pre-owned diesel cars for their high service costs. Don't know how to go ahead.
Old 27th December 2012, 14:07   #6322
BHPian

An Oct 2009 model Punto MJD (emotion variant) is up for sale. White color, 37K odo, Chandigarh registered. Supposedly well maintained. What would be the expected price folks?

Also, my relative intends to sell his 2011 Dec model Safari 4x2 VX (the one with DVD screens). Black color, 14K driven and very well maintained (Punjab registration). What would be the price range he can expect it to sell at? The OTR was around 12.7L when he purchased it.

Last edited by avisidhu : 27th December 2012 at 14:12.
Old 27th December 2012, 15:00   #6323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Actually my budget is close to 3.5 so thought if i can stretch little bit for the 'S'. Was also thinking for a Swift 1.3 lxi/vxi with a CNG I am very scared of pre-owned diesel cars for their high service costs. Don't know how to go ahead.
Hello Abhi,
If you can stretch your budget to 4.5L, dont look beyond a Swift DDIS. It's an amazingly fast,efficient & low maintenance car.The only thing you will have to compromise is on boot space.
Think about it.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
An Oct 2009 model Punto MJD (emotion variant) is up for sale. White color, 37K odo, Chandigarh registered. Supposedly well maintained. What would be the expected price folks?

Also, my relative intends to sell his 2011 Dec model Safari 4x2 VX (the one with DVD screens). Black color, 14K driven and very well maintained (Punjab registration). What would be the price range he can expect it to sell at? The OTR was around 12.7L when he purchased it.
Hello avisidhu,
I'm not aware of Chandigarh prices, but in Mumbai you can get 2009 Punto done 40K's @ around 4.25L. Since price in northern states are generally lower,expect price to be around 4L.

Since Tata cars are depreciation disasters & a car loses it's max value in the 1st year, I expect the Safari will fetch around 9.25-9.75L

Hope this helps
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 16:08   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Going by those specs and description, a fair price for the car would be in the region of Rs. 3-3.25 Lacs. Emotion is the range-topping trim and comes with alloys, chrome inserts, steering-mounted controls, BT connectivity among others. In my opinion, 37K on the odo is pretty acceptable too for a 3 year car i.e. roughly 1000 KM per month.

BTW I'm taking your statement that the car is well-maintained as true and not just a supposition. If it is average however, I'd not go beyond Rs. 2.75-2.8 Lacs.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity but why does he want to sell it in just a year? Is he planning an upgrade?

From what you describe, I would put the price at anywhere between Rs. 9-9.5 Lacs depending on the actual state of the vehicle - including and not limited to the exterior, interior, tires, accessories/mods etc..

Last edited by Omtoatom : 27th December 2012 at 16:18.
Old 27th December 2012, 16:19   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An Oct 2009 model Punto MJD (emotion variant) is up for sale. White color, 37K odo, Chandigarh registered. Supposedly well maintained.
Hello,

The expected Price for 2009 Punto MJD, Emotion, with 39000 on ODO will be approx Rs. 3.75 lacs in Chandigarh. The similar cars are availalbe in Mumbai between Rs. 4 to Rs. 4.5 lacs.

If it is well maintained, Punto is definitely a great car to own & drive.

Thanks,
Jignesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 17:22   #6326
BHPian

What price should I look to get for my August 2011 Fluidic Verna 1.6 EX Diesel with 27k on the odo? I'm in Delhi and the car was purchased for around 10.05 lacs. Excellent condition, just a couple of scratches, no dents. Fourth service has just been done. Love the car but selling because moving out of the country shortly.
Old 27th December 2012, 18:14   #6327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post
What price should I look to get for my August 2011 Fluidic Verna 1.6 EX Diesel with 27k on the odo? I'm in Delhi and the car was purchased for around 10.05 lacs. Excellent condition
Hello Wolfff,

I feel you will get atleast Rs. 7.75 to 8 lacs for your August 2011 Fluidic Verna 1.6 EX Diesel with 27000 on the ODO.

If your time schedule permits I would suggest to list the car on online websites & you will get a better price.

Thanks,
Old 27th December 2012, 18:50   #6328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Emotion is the range-topping trim and comes with alloys, chrome inserts, steering-mounted controls, BT connectivity among others.
Just out of curiosity but why does he want to sell it in just a year? Is he planning an upgrade?......
Thanks for your response Omtoatom. I believe for 2009 models, Emotion was not the topmost variant but one below, the highest being emotion pack? Not sure which all features this variant has from the ones you mentioned. But if it has stock alloys, I might be tempted to take the bait if the price is good. Currently the owner is quoting 4L.

The fellow works in my office and my friends work alongside him, so ideally I'm not expecting any nasty surprises wrt the condition of the vehicle (He is going onsite hence selling the Punto). Though, from what I have read on team bhp, pre 2010 Puntos do lack in fit and finish. But since not many Puntos are avilable in the used car market so I'm willling to ignore this factor.

My relatives stay abroad and realised that they need an automatic to drive in India, so they are planning to sell the Safari and buy some automatic sedan instead. Since the Safari has been in my possesion in their absense, so can vouch that it's in immaculate condition. Shall be posting an ad in the classified section soon.
Old 27th December 2012, 19:36   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response Omtoatom. I believe for 2009 models, Emotion was not the topmost variant but one below, the highest being emotion pack? Not sure which all features this variant has from the ones you mentioned. But if it has stock alloys, I might be tempted to take the bait if the price is good. Currently the owner is quoting 4L.

The fellow works in my office and my friends work alongside him, so ideally I'm not expecting any nasty surprises wrt the condition of the vehicle (He is going onsite hence selling the Punto). Though, from what I have read on team bhp, pre 2010 Puntos do lack in fit and finish. But since not many Puntos are avilable in the used car market so I'm willling to ignore this factor.
Yes thank you, I meant Emotion Pk there, not plain Emotion. As a matter of fact, I own a 2009 Linea Emotion Pk too so that slip-up was totally avoidable. The Emotion Pk is a fully loaded trim and comes with Blue & Me - Fiat & Microsoft's jointly developed, proprietary BT and voice connectivity suite. Quite handy and functional.

Not sure if the vanilla Emotion had alloys as stock in 2009; you may want to double check that. And yes, the Fiats are agreeably low on fit and finish; in fact I don't think there has really been a substantial improvement from 2010 onward. Just have to accept that in a Punto. However the Punto MJD is such a FTD car and like you said, no harm in taking the bait if the price is right. I'm assuming since this person is in your known circles, the state of the car will be above average at least and as you say, not present any nasty surprises later. I think 4 is on the higher side but do you have a figure in mind?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 27th December 2012 at 19:38.
Old 27th December 2012, 20:05   #6330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
I think 4 is on the higher side but do you have a figure in mind?
Unfortunately do not have a figure in mind so wanted to check as to what price can be expected. 4 is definitely on the higher side, might have been ok if the variant was emotion pack. IIRC, the difference between emotion and pack was almost 60-65K back then! Another issue is that emotion does not have airbags(?) although ABS is present.

I do frequent runs to my hometown on the weekends which is a 250KM drive, so Punto has been on top of my wishlist due to it's high speed manners. Besides the difference between petrol and diesel prices is too much in Punjab, so having an oil burner makes all the more sense.

Nevertheless, let me take a look at the vehicle on Saturday, will update on the status and subsequent negotiations.

Last edited by avisidhu : 27th December 2012 at 20:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks