Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 20:16   #6601
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys, need some help. An acquaintance has a '06 Civic that's run only 4000 kms. Its a silver colour and since he's a senior citizen, he finds it too low. His daily drive is an i10. He wants to sell the car and I'm interested in it. How much can I offer. I'm not sure what variant it is, but I want to know a ballpark figure. Thanks in advance.
IMHO you cannot pay more than 50K extra for what is the value for a 2006 Civic in the market, BTW if you do not buy the car, let me know PLEASE!
Old 5th February 2013, 20:25   #6602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal.arun View Post
The details of the car are:

Make and Model of Car:
Honda City 1.5 Exi

Year Of Make:

Kilometers Logged Till Date:

Type Of Owner:
Individual

Owner Status:
First

Accessories / Convenience / Condition- 4 power windows, Music system, Tyres are acceptable, Braking is ok, no unusual cabin noise, engine noise rattles.

Price quoted by the owner is 1.6 lakhs.
Please guide me whether the asking price is O.K
Is this a Mumbai price ? Its quite good if the vehicle is in good condition. I sold my 1.5exi 2001 model - 95k done for 1.85L 2 months back and I was the 2nd owner. But I have to admit my vehicle was in very good nick with a nice set of wheels.

Last edited by narayan : 5th February 2013 at 20:28.
Old 5th February 2013, 20:47   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Is this a Mumbai price ? Its quite good if the vehicle is in good condition. I sold my 1.5exi 2001 model - 95k done for 1.85L 2 months back and I was the 2nd owner. But I have to admit my vehicle was in very good nick with a nice set of wheels.
Hey thanks for the input.
Its Gujarat Price, the city being Baroda

Yes, the vehicle is quite good for being 12 years old, with a service history. Can you tell me how are the spare parts availability and cost in the market??
Old 5th February 2013, 21:53   #6604
BHPian

Re: 2nd Hand Honda City

Price looks good. Check and confirm whether worn out engine mounts are the reason for rattles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal.arun View Post
The details of the car are:

Make and Model of Car:
Honda City 1.5 Exi
Accessories / Convenience / Condition- 4 power windows, Music system, Tyres are acceptable, Braking is ok, no unusual cabin noise, engine noise rattles.

Price quoted by the owner is 1.6 lakhs.
Please guide me whether the asking price is O.K
Old 5th February 2013, 22:33   #6605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post

The dealer is not allowing the car to go to service center for an authorized inspection, so there might be something fishy, like an accident. Looking for other deals. Thanks for highlighting this aspect.
Since we are having a number of cases of odometer tampering here is a detailed reply .

Don't worry. Here is what i do, just call up any random workshop and tell them the vehicle number and ask them when is the next service due?
After they answer this i immediately act as surprised and ask them to tell me what was the mileage on last service and also include some random things to get detailed info. Has worked with maruti suzuki and hyundai

If you have seen the RC and owner's name you can confidently ask them almost anything. They don't bother to verify anything else.

My friend was almost about to give advance for the purchase of SX4 and i tried this for the first time.The SX4 was 3 years old in immaculate condition, done 26k kms.
It worked and did wonders.
The answer i got "Sir you got your car service done last month only at 90k kms"

Make sure you get the service history for atleast last 2 services. Because it has happened ,people get the odo reset and then get the car serviced and will show you the latest service record. The buyer generally believes it.

If you can visit the workshop its even better. Just ask them and they will tell you. I just tell them that i have purchased the car recently and ask for service history.Even if you don't have the car with you.

Last edited by k2max6 : 5th February 2013 at 22:35.
k2max6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 22:49   #6606
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, need to know the correct market price for the following car. Carwale valuation quotes between 3.27L to 3.5L

Maruti Ritz Lxi
26000 kms
Oct 2010
Extended warranty till Oct 2014
Condition: Good (As quoted by the owner)
Old 6th February 2013, 08:34   #6607

Request expert opinion on whether a 2009 SX4 ZXi automatic 40k reasonably good condition is worth 4.9 lacs at Chennai.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:56   #6608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi
Request expert opinion on whether a 2009 SX4 ZXi automatic 40k reasonably good condition is worth 4.9 lacs at Chennai.
Just for your info we sold our Sx4 Zxi manual done around 47000kms 2008 may model for 2.75L about 5 months back in chennai. Condition of car was decent.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:43   #6609
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I need some quick advice for a friend who wants to sell his car:

Chennai-registered, 1st owner, 2008 (July), Hyundai i10 Magna (1.1 ltr iRDE engine), ~ 30k genuine kms. on odometer - only serviced at H.A.S.S. and full service details available.

The car is in good condition. The reason for sale is a job change which involves moving to the Middle-East.

What would be the best price he can expect for this car?

Also, how much would the difference between a dealer offer and that of a private buyer be?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by RSR : 6th February 2013 at 11:47.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:35   #6610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
What would be the best price he can expect for this car?...
Expect nothing more than 2.50 if you are really bullish.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 6th February 2013 at 12:36.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 13:05   #6611
BHPian

Guys, I am thinking of selling my Jan'07 Zen Estilo Lxi which has clocked 36000 km. The condition is good with no major accidents but minor scrapes on the bumpers. The car has been driven in Patiala and Chandigarh and regularly serviced at authorized service station. Can you please suggest a fair price.

Thanks in advance
Old 6th February 2013, 13:24   #6612
Senior - BHPian

I doubt that you would be able to get this much on the ground. I had got my wifes Ritz , March 2010 Zxi evaluated in Nov/ Dec by a few people and while car Wale told me above 3.25 , the average offered price was substantially less than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi folks, need to know the correct market price for the following car. Carwale valuation quotes between 3.27L to 3.5L

Maruti Ritz Lxi
26000 kms
Oct 2010
Extended warranty till Oct 2014
Condition: Good (As quoted by the owner)
Old 6th February 2013, 13:34   #6613
BHPian

Need to know which one is a better option for me in a long run?

2005 Ford Fusion 1.6, 66000kms, Single Owner, New tyres, Immaculate condition for 1.8L

2007 Wagon R, 54000kms, 2 owners, Tyres to be replaced, immaculate condition for 1.65L

This will be primarily used for daily 12 kms office run (Two ways total). And once in 6 months outstation trip. Max 500 kms both ways. Anything more than that, then it's train or bus.

Thing is, my better-half suffers from a bad back (Tailbone problem + recently herniated her disc). So need a taller vehicle and something with comfortable seats. She won't be doing any driving though. So yeah, need very very very comfortable seats. I know that Fusion is a tough to maintain car. But I used to travel with my boss in his Fusion and I admire it for the amount of space inside. Heart = Fusion. Mind = Waggie.
Old 6th February 2013, 14:48   #6614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I doubt that you would be able to get this much on the ground. I had got my wifes Ritz , March 2010 Zxi evaluated in Nov/ Dec by a few people and while car Wale told me above 3.25 , the average offered price was substantially less than that.
I too have faced the same situation when trying to sell my vehicle. Going by the experiences of others as well on this thread, it appears that Carwale valuator prices are no longer the price the market goes by.
Old 6th February 2013, 15:09   #6615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks puchoo. Its actually for a friend who is looking to buy it, so I thought of asking here on the acceptable price that we can pay for the car. So i guess the max he should offer when negotiating is 3.10L since its a Lxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

I too have faced the same situation when trying to sell my vehicle. Going by the experiences of others as well on this thread, it appears that Carwale valuator prices are no longer the price the market goes by.
Carwale actually valuates the car quite less. The prices here are way less than some of the other sites. Zigwheels is saying somewhere around 3.4 to 4L. Actually the owner is quoting 4L.

Last edited by motomaverick : 6th February 2013 at 15:12.

Most Viewed