Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 10:23   #6721
Team-BHP Support

The Good Deals on Used Cars thread

Many times when we are going through classifieds, we will see a car which looks like a good deal. It may have run very few kms, or the condition may look great in the pictures, or it may even have a good price tag. Now the car may not be what we are looking for, but someone else may be looking for just that.

Why post in this thread when its there on some classifieds anyway? Because people may miss seeing the deal, or it could be on some site which other people don't visit.

So lets just post the links to ads which we see on classifieds like tbhp, carwale, olx, etc along with some details.

City :
Make and Model :
Year :
Kilometers run :
Asking Price :
Link to ad :

Also if a friend, or colleague, or family member is selling a car which you know is in good condition, or genuine or can vouch for it, then post the details here adding a contact number too if there is no ad for it anywhere else.

I'm gonna start off with 2 cars -

City : Mumbai
Make and Model : BMW 530D
Year : 2010
Kilometers run : 5000
Asking Price : 30,00,000
Link to ad : http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=D422547

Make and Model : Honda Accord V6
Year : 2009
Kilometers run : 5000
Asking Price : 14,00,000
Link to ad : http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=D419640

These are just 2 examples of low run cars, which have a decent scope of negotiation for price. Hopefully someone who may have missed seeing these ads will benefit from it.

Again requesting you to only post pics of ads which are of low run kms cars, or cars in great condition, or cars at a good price, or cars which are not listed anywhere but you can vouch for.
Akshay1234 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 11:23   #6722
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have an Aug 2009 i20 asta Diesel that's done 40000 kms. Its in good condition with scratches on the bumpers only. How much can I expect for it? Thanks in advance.
Hello,

You cna expect approx Rs. 4,00,000 for August 2009 I20 Asta Diesel with 40,000 kms on ODO.

If your time & patience permits, a direct buyer my offer upto Rs. 4.5 lacs for your Car.

Thanks,
Old 27th February 2013, 17:08   #6723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Thanks. That's what I thought too and was looking out for the facelifted late '09 onward versions. But the sellers are listing higher prices online. Will have to do a lot more hunting offline.

Having driven a DSG I wouldn't mind stretching over a bit for a old Jetta or Laura. It's absolutely brilliant. But the high probability of failure looming after already being over budget isn't something that will let me sleep peacefully.
You can go to various used car dealers for the Civic. Not all cars with dealers are bad. Just be thorough while looking at a dealer car. I do think that you will be able to get a late 09 Civic AT for around 7L sooner rather than later.

Re. the old gen Laura. I do not know the vintage (age of cars) that you are currently considering but you should get good condition 2007 Laura DSG for around 6L. In fact in Gurgaon I recently came across a late 2006 Laura DSG L&K in very good condition. The car had done genuine 108000 kms with full service history and sold for 4.75L. Like I said Laura ATs have horrible resale values. If you are comfortable maintaining a car on your own then you can land one on the cheap and keep the spare cash for any future troubles. However if you don't want to get into any hassles and if your monthly running is low then you are much better off with the Civic even though in my personal opinion the 'potential' issues with the 6 speed Laura DSG ATs are a bit overrated.

Last edited by Cesc : 27th February 2013 at 17:10.
Old 27th February 2013, 17:46   #6724
BHPian

Re: The Good Deals on Used Cars thread

City: New Delhi
Make: Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro
Model: 2009
Km: 45,000
Asking price: 17.5 lacs
Link: http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S354146
elantracrdi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 20:12   #6725
BHPian

Hello everyone

I found a used March 2008 Sonata Embera MT Leather done 36550 kms for sale for 6.25 lacs from a dealer in Bangalore. This includes his commission and RTO charges. Color is black. Single owner. Havent seen the service history and insurance history yet. Will be checking them tomorrow. I did a price check on carwale.com and the website suggest 6.15 for good condition. Externally it looks good and the seats look good too. Tyres have 15-20 kms life in them. Is this good value?

I plan to test drive the car for 10-20 kms tomorrow. Also planning to take the used car check list from team-bhp. If satisfied I also plan to get it checked either at Trident service center at Jakkasandra or Advaith service centre on Banarghatta road. Searching team-bhp both service centers have been rated good and bad.

Any suggestions would help.
Old 27th February 2013, 21:24   #6726
BHPian

City: Chennai
Make: BMW X1 Petrol
Model: Not mentioned. Probably 2010 or 11
Km: 15,000
Asking price: 15 lacs
Source: The Hindu Classifieds - 24th Feb

If it had been a year or two down the line, I would have considered buying.

Last edited by altius : 27th February 2013 at 21:30.
altius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 21:32   #6727
BHPian

Dear All,
There is a HR Regd Single Owner Cherry Red Honda CRV Dec 2006 2.4 MT done 29,000 kms. I will be getting it checked thoroughly at Ring Road Honda before finalizing but in order for me to take that trouble I was wondering what a good price band would be. I offered 7.3 including service, Brokerage, insurance and RTO charges so that is about 6.8 for the actual buy.

Is that a good offer or should i lower/increase it?
Old 27th February 2013, 23:48   #6728
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Dear All,
There is a HR Regd Single Owner Cherry Red Honda CRV Dec 2006 2.4 MT done 29,000 kms. I will be getting it checked thoroughly at Ring Road Honda before finalizing but in order for me to take that trouble I was wondering what a good price band would be. I offered 7.3 including service, Brokerage, insurance and RTO charges so that is about 6.8 for the actual buy.

2006? Is that the outgoing model or the one before that. Because i believe the previous CR-V was introduced in 2007 in India.
If it is the newer one, the deal is pretty good, but the ODO is pretty low. Make sure to check for any tampering. If genuine deal for the newer generation, good deal i must say!

Last edited by agambhandari : 27th February 2013 at 23:49.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 11:02   #6729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
2006? Is that the outgoing model or the one before that. Because i believe the previous CR-V was introduced in 2007 in India.
If it is the newer one, the deal is pretty good, but the ODO is pretty low. Make sure to check for any tampering. If genuine deal for the newer generation, good deal i must say!
Its the new (almost) 2007-2012 shape. According to the RC Card it says Dec 2006 . Its a Red color CRV. Will be getting the ODO and everything else checked but i'm thinking of sticking to my offer. Will keep this thread posted. As people on this thread have said earlier, the number of CRVs changing hands is quite low so there is no real "market" value for a lot of these deals. The broker in this case agreed for 7.4 without servicing. Anyway will keep you guys posted. Thanks!

Last edited by saketa : 28th February 2013 at 11:18. Reason: Correction
Old 28th February 2013, 11:12   #6730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Dear All,

Definitely do not increase your offer. Is it HR 26 (Gurgaon registered) or other districts? Other HR numbers have lower resale. In fact exercise extra caution in paperwork if it is other HR registered car. Also red colour has lower resale. The RTO charges (I believe the broker will just get you a NOC for Hyderabad or wherever you want to register the car) are not much - less than 2k. I believe that 7L should have been your absolute high price inclusive of everything. That being said I do realise that you have been looking for a CRV for long so a slight premium is ok. But do not increase your offer and take a hard stance on including service in that price. IMO the broker will blink first here.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 11:14   #6731
Team-BHP Support

Heres another one -

Make and Model : Suzuki Kizashi
Year : 2011
Kilometers run : 6000
Asking Price : 15,00,000 (can probably be bought for 12)
Link to ad : http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=D416997
Old 28th February 2013, 11:29   #6732
Senior - BHPian

Instead of just putting up what we see in the ads, I think this thread would serve a better and sharper purpose if we put up only personally well known cars or already inspected cars which we can vouch for. Ads carry all sorts of lies and only a personal inspection of the vehicles and their papers will give us any idea if that car is worth a shout here. Just my .02.
esteem_lover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 11:58   #6733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Instead of just putting up what we see in the ads, I think this thread would serve a better and sharper purpose if we put up only personally well known cars or already inspected cars which we can vouch for. Ads carry all sorts of lies and only a personal inspection of the vehicles and their papers will give us any idea if that car is worth a shout here. Just my .02.
+1 to that. I suggest is if we share the classified of a car we can personally vouch for - say from our own classifieds (external would be ok too i guess).

Also, people will then be able to seek additional inputs from members if they are interested.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:08   #6734
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Heres another one -

Make and Model : Suzuki Kizashi
Year : 2011
Kilometers run : 6000
Asking Price : 15,00,000 (can probably be bought for 12)
Link to ad : http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=D416997
Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
City: Chennai
Make: BMW X1 Petrol
Model: Not mentioned. Probably 2010 or 11
Km: 15,000
Asking price: 15 lacs
Source: The Hindu Classifieds - 24th Feb

If it had been a year or two down the line, I would have considered buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elantracrdi05 View Post
City: New Delhi
Make: Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro
Model: 2009
Km: 45,000
Asking price: 17.5 lacs
Link: http://www.carwale.com/used/cardetails.aspx?car=S354146
I think that Deals like these are quite good ESPECIALLY AND ONLY FOR THOSE WITH LOW KMS / MONTH usage who would not mind a Petrol. These are good vehicles.

Feel the Kizashi could be had for as low as 10.5L if bargained hard, it is a god vehicle and did not sell well as at all.

Also with a X1 refresh coming in X1 petrol should be a good buy and the price could be even lower as the petrol varient had so few buyers that BMW is probably not eveing going to have it as an option with the Refresh (reported but not sure.)

A4 3.2 Petrol Quatro will require a Home Petrol Pump I guess but the joy of driving will be unmatched.

All great cars for low kms / month usage. Sadly never in my zone with my 2500 -3000 kms / month average.

I think we need to restrict ourselves to low kms vehicle - basically good vehicles that did not sell would be good buys for certain customers. Also India duds from brands like Volvo (XC) and Renault (Fluence, Koleos) would make for great buys as the vehicles themselves are great.

On the lower end of the spectrum Petrol AT (Hyundai i10) which is now out of favour (I have one - but not for sale) would be a good deal.

Great Idea Akshay.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 12:15   #6735
BHPian

Hi,

For a 2009 Cedia sports (all stock) wih 45K KMs in Chennai, the asking price is 5 Lakhs. I am yet to see the car, and as per the seller the car is in very good condition and has full maintenance history. Is the price is ok? How much i can ask for assuming the condition is good? The price i am thinkning is 4.5L max.

Regards
Devakumar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks