Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 17:06   #6871
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much should I pay for single owner 2003 model 1.3 OHC (Bangalore regn-KA) with the following details?

Close to 37K KMS on the ODO
Seller: Single owner individual
Tyres: OEM Bridgestone run 36k change hopefully genuinely and slightly unused fifth tyre
Additional Accessory: Art Leather seat cover, Pioneer CD Player (Pretty old model definitely need a change)
Insure IDV: 2.75 (9k premium) comprehensive due in March 2013

More technical details

(Mods - in case you feel given below is off topic, I will move this to OHC thread since I need answers for this. I thought these will be relevant for an accurate pricing and feel of vehicle)

I had driven this and one thing I felt was pretty sluggish to get move from the 1st gear, in stop and go traffic especially with AC on. Is this typical 1.3 behavior. Taken to relatively free road, it was asking to put pedal to floor, though I did to some extent. Steering also I felt little tight, not sure maybe since I drive a NHC

Brakes were pretty decent with enough bite in them. Tyres as I told is run 36k change so you know how much it is left say another 5-10k max. But vehicle is decently maintained with hardly any scratches and body line is neat too, except for a damage done by coconut. Feels as if someone broke the coconut on its bonnet, just near the "H" emboss

Another item noteworthy was O2 sensor lamp was on even after vehicle started running and it remained so. Am I sensing something bad here? Will thoroughly check anyways before i take the plunge, because I know it makes a deep hole in pocket (say 10-15k). Ac cooling was also decent. Could not see the km logs in service book.

Guys let me what is the right offer.

Regards
prsn

Last edited by prsnck : 18th March 2013 at 17:10. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 18th March 2013, 18:07   #6872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
How much should I pay for single owner 2003 model 1.3 OHC (Bangalore regn-KA) with the following details?
assuming mileage is true and o2 sensor problem is solved and no other major issues, you can quote 1.5l max given its Bangalore
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 18:10   #6873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Close to 37K KMS on the ODO. Seller: Single owner individual. Tyres: OEM Bridgestone run 36k change hopefully genuinely and slightly unused fifth tyre. Additional Accessory: Art Leather seat cover, Pioneer CD Player Another item noteworthy was O2 sensor lamp was on even after vehicle started running and it remained so.
Hello Prsn,

Frankly speaking are you willing to buy a 10 year old vehicle? Further O2 sensor indicator can be a very small issue (like a wire eaten by rats) or a major issue, which only a experienced mechanic can check.

As far as price is concerned, I will valuate this Car at Rs. 1.75 to Rs. 2 lacs. Thats it. Also as you have pointed out Tyres & CD players are two visible expences due very soon. Further you will have to pay approx Rs. 10,000 for insurance that is due this month.

Infact in my opinion I would like to stay away from Cars that are already 10 years old. There are many other options available in Used Car Market in budget of Rs. 2 - 3 lacs.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 18th March 2013 at 18:12. Reason: information added
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 18:27   #6874
BHPian

Quote:
The car looks like a lemon to me. Also 1.3 is not the "real" Honda that many look for. Pick of the lot in OHC is the vtech, 1.5L. 1.3 is considered as any other car in that class. Infact you will be happier with Lancer of that age which you will get it for about 1.5-1.75L.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:04   #6875
BANNED

What would be a good price for an Octavia vRS 2005 ? Many options with ODO from 50k to 90k..
Old 18th March 2013, 20:25   #6876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

The car looks like a lemon to me. Also 1.3 is not the "real" Honda that many look for. Pick of the lot in OHC is the vtech, 1.5L. 1.3 is considered as any other car in that class. Infact you will be happier with Lancer of that age which you will get it for about 1.5-1.75L.
(+1) Try if you can get a 1.5L for a short drive and you would decide to stay away from the 1.3L. Anyways for this 1.3 you can consider an offer between 1.5 - 1.6 L keeping in mind an additional budget of 20 - 25k for insurance, music system, etc.
Old 18th March 2013, 20:56   #6877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
What would be a good price for an Octavia vRS 2005 ? Many options with ODO from 50k to 90k..
In your part of the country,good example should set you back by 2.5-3L
There is a Silver one on sale in chandigarh.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:59   #6878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
---------------------snip---------------- right offer.

Regards
prsn
37k? Sounds quite unreal, I feel.
Additionally, there is no draw towards this car. It's just a decade old car if it's not the 1.5. Why are you interested in it?
If you don't want the 1.5,buy any other sedan from a later period with a more believable odo, and more modern equipment.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:00   #6879
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

In your part of the country,good example should set you back by 2.5-3L
There is a Silver one on sale in chandigarh.
I saw an ad in Tribune , the silver one was for 3.5 lacs. Not sure of getting one still....buying a used Skoda is almost a crime after all!!
Old 18th March 2013, 21:06   #6880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw an ad in Tribune , the silver one was for 3.5 lacs. Not sure of getting one still....buying a used Skoda is almost a crime after all!!
Haha,i am talking of the same Advert
I would not recommend one at least a 2005 Year,its an 8 year old Skoda,and will require constant attention,and parts will not be cheap.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:33   #6881
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post

Haha,i am talking of the same Advert
I would not recommend one at least a 2005 Year,its an 8 year old Skoda,and will require constant attention,and parts will not be cheap.
Small world eh?
Exactly what i was worried about. But then , 150 Bhp under 3 lacs!! That is some VFM...and still a lot more mod potential!!
Old 18th March 2013, 21:37   #6882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Small world eh?
Exactly what i was worried about. But then , 150 Bhp under 3 lacs!! That is some VFM...and still a lot more mod potential!!
Tempting for sure,but you wont have much support for the VRS here in North India,when it comes to tuning.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:50   #6883
BHPian

First of all, why do you want a 1.3?

Second, under no circumstances this car should be valued above 1.5 lac.

It is a 10 years old car, needs tyre change (~20k), needs insurance renewal (~11k), needs a new O2 sensor (~2.5k), and would definitely need a change of all rubber belts (timing belt, AC belt, etc.) (~5k).

Steering of OHC is tighter than NHC. O2 sensor at Honda A.S.S will cost around 17k, and one in grey market will cost around 2500 bucks. Check the OHC steering rack for oil leak, this is a very very common issue with OHCs.

Quote:

Guys let me what is the right offer.

Regards
prsn
Old 18th March 2013, 22:08   #6884

What would be a good price to get for my 2011 verna CCTV sx(o) a/t? Done6500 Km, immaculate condition. I am expecting around 8.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:16   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
assuming mileage is true and o2 sensor problem is solved and no other major issues, you can quote 1.5l max given its Bangalore
OMG. He won't part the car for less than 2.75, while I spoke to him again yesterday. He mentioned someone has offered the same. I gave him my ball park figure as about 2.4 - 2.5 max, that too after checking overall with a mechanic and insure to be renewed by him. Maybe he is just bluffing the offer, but guys this is bangalore ! you never know vehicle will be picked up in a flick of the moment. People are having solid cash man, I mean Solid Liquid cash

Last edited by prsnck : 19th March 2013 at 11:18. Reason: spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks