Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 11:21   #6886
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
OMG. He won't part the car for less than 2.75, while I spoke to him again yesterday. But guys this is bangalore ! you never know vehicle will be picked up in a flick of the moment. People are having solid cash man, I mean Solid Liquid cash
Hello Prsnck,

I understand that user car prices are higher in Banglore & people do have liquid cash to spend on second hand cars.

But as suggest by me & others above, better stay away from this car & look for other options in used Car market. Mainly because you will have approx Rs. 50,000 of immediate expense that is already due on this car.

Thanks,
Old 19th March 2013, 11:42   #6887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Prsn,

Frankly speaking are you willing to buy a 10 year old vehicle? Further O2 sensor indicator can be a very small issue (like a wire eaten by rats) or a major issue, which only a experienced mechanic can check.

As far as price is concerned, I will valuate this Car at Rs. 1.75 to Rs. 2 lacs. Thats it. Also as you have pointed out Tyres & CD players are two visible expences due very soon. Further you will have to pay approx Rs. 10,000 for insurance that is due this month.

Infact in my opinion I would like to stay away from Cars that are already 10 years old. There are many other options available in Used Car Market in budget of Rs. 2 - 3 lacs.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh for your suggestions. I am obsessed with Type II OHC (00-2003 model) from pretty long time. Frankly that came once I started driving Honda (NHC -08 model). Also the driving mechanics of OHC is much better than NHC which any one here will certify, hmm it's certainly the OHC bug bitten me.

If at all I close the deal I would get the 02 sensor repaired and insurance renewed by seller. 2lakhs quote maybe correct in any state than Karnataka (say Bangalore) for the car, but here road tax is the highest hence that premium is added to vehicle price. And plus here it is 36k km which is the USP for me quoting about 2.4-2.5 the best price I will offer him.

But he won't part the car for less than 2.75, while I spoke to him again yesterday. He mentioned someone has offered the same. I gave him my ball park figure as about 2.4 - 2.5 max, that too after checking overall with a mechanic and insure to be renewed by him. Maybe he is just bluffing the offer.

About CD player, it won't bother me much for say 3-5k. Also which I can keep it with me while selling. Tyres yes true. But once the OHC bug leaves me, I may sell it within a year. So unless I plan to use it more than a year (say > 5-10k km ) which is worth to change I may think of it.

Also there is one OHC Vtec 2001 run 46k km II owner (KA regn) for sale 3 lakh final price after all negotitaions. Is it worth the money since most of you guys say 1.3 is just another sedan compared to 1.5 and vtec.

rgrds
prsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
First of all, why do you want a 1.3?

Second, under no circumstances this car should be valued above 1.5 lac.

It is a 10 years old car, needs tyre change (~20k), needs insurance renewal (~11k), needs a new O2 sensor (~2.5k), and would definitely need a change of all rubber belts (timing belt, AC belt, etc.) (~5k).

Steering of OHC is tighter than NHC. O2 sensor at Honda A.S.S will cost around 17k, and one in grey market will cost around 2500 bucks. Check the OHC steering rack for oil leak, this is a very very common issue with OHCs.
Refer my previous posts about OHC obsession.

Sumeet, pretty hard. No offense, to be frank '00 model zen run 87k km II owner went for 1.2 lac last month in Bangalore. I know day and night difference is there between zen and a OHC, but just to welcome you to world of used cars in Bangalore.

The USP I see is 36k run and for sure I will check the genuiness behind this in service logs, showroom and with a mechanic I know. Also will negotiate the price based on the money I need to spent (especially O2 sensor) in case seller won't do all and give it to me. For sure will check the steering rack for oil leak also.

About tyres, insurance and O2 sensor please refer my other posts below.

And no better person than you to ask for VTEC. I just love your NAPLES GOLD vtec.

There is one OHC Vtec 2001 run 46k km II owner (KA regn) for sale 3 lakh final price after all negotitaions. Is it worth the money and since most of you guys say 1.3 is just another sedan compared to 1.5 and vtec.

rgrds
prsn

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th March 2013 at 12:21.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:01   #6888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
OMG. He won't part the car for less than 2.75, while I spoke to him again yesterday. He mentioned someone has offered the same. I gave him my ball park figure as about 2.4 - 2.5 max, that too after checking overall with a mechanic and insure to be renewed by him. Maybe he is just bluffing the offer, but guys this is bangalore ! you never know vehicle will be picked up in a flick of the moment. People are having solid cash man, I mean Solid Liquid cash
prsnck - read through your posts on your "obsession" to own an OHC type 2. I have gone through that which is why without thinking too much i went and spend around 4.75 lakhs back in 2005 to buy a 2001 OHC 1.5 in Cochin. Didnt regret that decision one bit in all my 7 years of owning the OHC which i parted with in 2012- Nov.

Having said that, this gentleman is taking you for a royal ride on the price that too for a 1.3. Please walk away immediately EVEN IF THE CAR IS IN IMMACULATE CONDITION. its just not worth spending so much on a 1.3.

Please look around more. If this is the reality in the Bangalore market, I would suggest the below

1) Pick up a good car from Chennai - if practically possible
2) If you in the mood to spend more, try for an older OHC 1.3/1.5 even with a bad engine/clutch. Dump the stock engine and go for a engine transplant. You can refer pranavt's thread and many others who have successfuly done that.
Old 19th March 2013, 17:08   #6889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, need help.

Saw a BMW 320d, today at a dealer.
Details are:
38900+ kms done
2010 model
White color
Corp. Ed.
No Run Flats - runs on bridgestone turanzas.
Fairly well maintained.. But interiors need some TLC.

Delhi registration.

Was good to drive. But felt that a.c.cooling was not upto mark & steering a bit heavy.

Asking price was a whopping 18.5 lacs.

How much should i offer?
well first of all make sure that its got genuine mileage on the odo and the car doesnt seem abused. since its at the dealers he in all probability has picked this up for not a penny more then 14 lakhs if he knows his business. i suggest make an offer of 15 and see from there but the thing with dealers is you gotta have some cash in the pocket at the time of negotiating and he will take you seriously so start from 15 and try closing it anywhere south of 16.75.
Old 19th March 2013, 22:46   #6890
BHPian

I am planning on selling my 2005 tata indigo diesel.
Covered 54500km. 6 month old battery and two 8 month old tyres. Car is in very good condition with the usual scratches here and there.

I am Getting quotes of 1.5 to 1.6 max.... is this ok?
This is a little less than carwale's quotes but i don't think tata Indigo/indica have good resale....
Old 19th March 2013, 23:38   #6891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Can you give more details on current location, registration and whether any warranty available on the car plus the condition of the car.
Car's with Merc dealer in Bangalore, excellent condition although I suggest you personally check it if interested. 2 years/unlimited kms. It's a red board test car regn.
Old 20th March 2013, 08:54   #6892
BHPian

My brother is considering a used 2011 Feb Superb Elegance 1.8 MT in Bangalore. It has done 28K,and seems to be in good condition. There has been no insurance claim as per the insurance records. The final negotiated price is 12.25L. Is this a fair price, and can he go ahead with the deal (subject to a thorough checkup at the service center)?
Please advice! He is confused and he needs to make a decision ASAP!
Old 20th March 2013, 10:48   #6893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I am planning on selling my 2005 tata indigo diesel. Covered 54500km. I am Getting quotes of 1.5 to 1.6 max.... is this ok?
Hello Rambo1o1,

Rs. 1.6 lacs to Rs. 1.7 lacs is a good selling price for 2005 Tata Indigo Diesel with 54500 on ODO. Yes resale value of Tata Cars is on lower side, but that is more applicable for Petrol cars. Any used Diesel car currently commands a premium in market.

But I understand in Goa the situation is different. As there is not much difference in Petrol & Diesel prices, the price you are getting is good enough.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:05   #6894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi53 View Post
Considering it's the V mt, I would say around 5.5 would be a good price. I am not too sure how the price varies if your selling a TN regd car in Bangalore though. Might lose another 25000.

That was Bang on Pritvi , 5.5 it is .
Old 20th March 2013, 11:27   #6895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello Rambo1o1,

Rs. 1.6 lacs to Rs. 1.7 lacs is a good selling price for 2005 Tata Indigo Diesel with 54500 on ODO. Yes resale value of Tata Cars is on lower side, but that is more applicable for Petrol cars. Any used Diesel car currently commands a premium in market.

But I understand in Goa the situation is different. As there is not much difference in Petrol & Diesel prices, the price you are getting is good enough.

Thanks,
Sold the car today for 1.7 lakhs.... waited for over 3 months to sell the car and finally its gone for a respectable price.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:30   #6896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sold the car today for 1.7 lakhs.... waited for over 3 months to sell the car and finally its gone for a respectable price.
Thanks for sharing that. You got a good price. The car had run comparatively lesser kms (though 7-8 years old) & the buyer would be a very happy person. Are you replacing it with another car or this was an extra car, you wanted to dispose off?

Edit: Had you been in Pune, I would have definitely offered you in excess of 1.7 lakhs for a replacement of my Indica, which has run more than double that distance & almost same age .

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th March 2013 at 11:35.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:36   #6897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Thanks for sharing that. You got a good price. The car had run comparatively lesser kms (though 7-8 years old) & the buyer would be a very happy person. Are you replacing it with another car or this was an extra car, you wanted to dispose off?
Initially thought of replacing it with another secondhand car but since i have a year left to complete my engineering and after that i may not be here in goa so decided against buying a car for now.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:29   #6898
BHPian

Quote:
Initially thought of replacing it with another secondhand car but since i have a year left to complete my engineering and after that i may not be here in goa so decided against buying a car for now.
So why did you sell it if you had another year to go. You could have retained it for another year and then sold it. Is it not inconvenient for a year you will be without a ride.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:44   #6899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning on selling my 2005 tata indigo diesel.
Covered 54500km. 6 month old battery and two 8 month old tyres. Car is in very good condition with the usual scratches here and there.

I am Getting quotes of 1.5 to 1.6 max.... is this ok?
This is a little less than carwale's quotes but i don't think tata Indigo/indica have good resale....
If your car is fairly maintained, then you should get at least 2 to 2.25 Lacs. Here in Pune diesel vehicles are in good demand. One of my friend was searching & was not getting anything below 2.5 Lacs for 2005-2007 Diesel Indigo. Try selling it to personal user. You must get at least 2 L IMHO.
Old 20th March 2013, 14:24   #6900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I am being offered a 2011 Cedia Which has run about 25K, Owner originally asked for 6.5L but now has come down to 5.6L.
Do you think is a good deal?
I need some input on this ASAP as we are looking to close the deal by the end of the day.

Thanks
CS
Im closing this deal by the end of the week,, anything I should look out for ? please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks