Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 14:51   #6901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Im closing this deal by the end of the week,, anything I should look out for ? please?
Fairly recent car. At the very least, it should have full service history on paper. If not, check at least 2 previous services,as sometimes, odo is reset and then the car is serviced at an ASC,so that the last one reflects the lesser one.
But it sounds ok, 25k in 2 years.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 14:54   #6902
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Fairly recent car. At the very least, it should have full service history on paper. If not, check at least 2 previous services,as sometimes, odo is reset and then the car is serviced at an ASC,so that the last one reflects the lesser one.
But it sounds ok, 25k in 2 years.
We have only 1 @SS here in Bangalore. I checked with them and they told me that the car came in sometimes around Dec 2012 with ODO reading of 22K, now its clocked 24-25K.
Battery has been replaced, everything else seems stock. Original tyers, They have life for 10-15 thousand.
Old 20th March 2013, 16:41   #6903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_hillman View Post
My brother is considering a used 2011 Feb Superb Elegance 1.8 MT in Bangalore. It has done 28K,and seems to be in good condition. There has been no insurance claim as per the insurance records. The final negotiated price is 12.25L. Is this a fair price, and can he go ahead with the deal (subject to a thorough checkup at the service center)?
Please advice! He is confused and he needs to make a decision ASAP!
Needs to close on this asap! Please advice - what to watch out for? Price, and any specific aspects about the superb that needs to be checked?
Old 20th March 2013, 16:45   #6904
BANNED

Quote:

Needs to close on this asap! Please advice - what to watch out for? Price, and any specific aspects about the superb that needs to be checked?
Good deal I suppose, try rounding off to 12 L if you can. I suppose you aren't getting any insurance with it.

Check if this car has the Skoda shield, (the extended warranty in skoda speak). Check the electricals and batteries , since they can be expensive. When it is being checked bt the Skoda Workshop, also ask them to check it using VAGcom to make sure it is error free.
By the way, MT Superbs are pretty problem free, refer to dkaile's ownership thread for more. It is the DSG ones that are the most problematic, so you are pretty safe...

Last edited by agambhandari : 20th March 2013 at 16:49.
Old 20th March 2013, 19:00   #6905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
So why did you sell it if you had another year to go. You could have retained it for another year and then sold it. Is it not inconvenient for a year you will be without a ride.
The car was getting very old and even though it did not give any major trouble for a 8 year old tata the signs were showing.Also with the quotes i was getting of 1.5 lakhs , i wondered what i would have got after a year when diesel would be more expensive than petrol,the price difference is just 5 rupees now.

To be frank this generation of indigo had massive tourbo lag which was a put off every time i drove it.
I currently use the figo and dad uses the Honda so the indigo was just lying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If your car is fairly maintained, then you should get at least 2 to 2.25 Lacs. Here in Pune diesel vehicles are in good demand. One of my friend was searching & was not getting anything below 2.5 Lacs for 2005-2007 Diesel Indigo. Try selling it to personal user. You must get at least 2 L IMHO.
Actually i was hoping for 2lakhs but was told by many previous tata owners about the poor resale of tatas here in Goa especially the indigo/indica. Only the manza and safari enjoy the same resale value one would see in other southern states of India.
Also the huge disparity between diesel and petrol seen in most parts of India cannot be taken into account here since diesel is just about 5 rupees cheaper!
Old 20th March 2013, 20:28   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Good deal I suppose, try rounding off to 12 L if you can. I suppose you aren't getting any insurance with it.

Check if this car has the Skoda shield, (the extended warranty in skoda speak). Check the electricals and batteries , since they can be expensive. When it is being checked bt the Skoda Workshop, also ask them to check it using VAGcom to make sure it is error free.
By the way, MT Superbs are pretty problem free, refer to dkaile's ownership thread for more. It is the DSG ones that are the most problematic, so you are pretty safe...
Thank you very much for the pointers. Insurance is valid until Feb 2014, but the annual service is due. 12.25L is final price ..
Old 20th March 2013, 20:43   #6907
BHPian

Considering this is in Bangalore, I think this is a good deal. The annual service should not cost much.
Old 20th March 2013, 21:25   #6908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Battery has been replaced, everything else seems stock.
You are really hooked on to this car is see aren't you, which is good very few of us get what we want. BTW battery change in just 2 yrs is too early for a petrol car, try to know why. And what are you paying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Actually i was hoping for 2lakhs but was told by many previous tata owners about the poor resale of tatas here in Goa especially the indigo/indica. Only the manza and safari enjoy the same resale value one would see in other southern states of India.
Also the huge disparity between diesel and petrol seen in most parts of India cannot be taken into account here since diesel is just about 5 rupees cheaper!
IMO Goa is by far the most mature car market I have ever seen, they do not mind paying a premium for a good product and will never opt for a compromise even if it is cheap. Even the Govt. is awesome, they have already eradicated Petrol / diesel disparity.

Quote:
12.25L is final price ..
Its a reasonable deal for a very good back seat, classy looking chauffeur driven car, considering its Bangalore. Only grouse is that it will slide on the resale a bit too fast.
Old 21st March 2013, 15:56   #6909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by claxtoncorreya View Post
How much should I offer for a 2007 Accord V6 done 37500 kms in Bangalore? Second owner, has a small dent on the roof near the drivers door (like a stone or coconut has fallen), some bumper alignment work, change of left side taillamp. I also need to get the mechanicals checked of the car. Any pointers will help.
Is 6.20 lacs a good price if the mechanicals are good? Need to finalise soon.
Old 21st March 2013, 18:39   #6910
BHPian

Quote:

Hi I am using a Black 2005 accord v6 in bangalore. It has done 85, 000 kms...I am the 2nd owner.
Complete service history is available. .I am taking very good care of it. If you are interested let me know.

Chetan
Old 21st March 2013, 20:23   #6911
BHPian

@vyasachetan - Sorry mate. I'm only looking for cars less than 50K mileage and post 2007 model. Best of luck with your car.
Old 21st March 2013, 20:35   #6912
BHPian

I am selling my Skoda Fabia 1.4TDI as i am shortly relocating from Mumbai. The details are listed on TBhp classifieds. Am i quoting too high a price? What is the price i can reasonably expect the car to fetch? (i am steering clear of brokers). The other option is to take an NOC from Mumbai RTO and transfer the car to my destination RTO. Any suggestions from fellow Bhpians? The details are listed below.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...da/Fabia.html/
Old 21st March 2013, 20:46   #6913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I am selling my Skoda Fabia 1.4TDI as i am shortly relocating from Mumbai. The details are listed on TBhp classifieds. Am i quoting too high a price? What is the price i can reasonably expect the car to fetch? (i am steering clear of brokers). The other option is to take an NOC from Mumbai RTO and transfer the car to my destination RTO. Any suggestions from fellow Bhpians? The details are listed below.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...da/Fabia.html/
If you really want to keep the car, there is a provision to even get refund of your lifetime road tax from Mumbai RTO. For that take NOC and you need to first register your car to your place and pay the lifetime road tax there. Once you do that you can show that receipt and get your refund from Mumbai RTO. If you can do that you will save a lot of money and your car will be with you too.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 21:14   #6914
BHPian

Quote:

I would not give more than 4 L even if it is worth 6 L. There are no buyers for the car beyond 4 L. I have seen a 2007 2.4 sell for 4L, the car was on sale for more than 3 months before it was sold, it was sold only because an enthusiast bought it. Also you should know that the V6 resale is a little less (if at all there is a buyer for that) since most of the buyers are not enthusiasts and the rest look at economical engine. For many its just a show off car and nothing more and many do not care what's under the hood.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 21:26   #6915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev1 View Post
I am selling my Skoda Fabia 1.4TDI
Hello Rajeev,

I feel the price of Rs. 3.8 lacs for a 2nd Owner Skoda Fabia with approx 72000 kms on odo is on higher side.

Though the car is very well maintained, I feel Rs. 3.3 / Rs. 3.5 lacs will be a ideal price, as you are the second owner & the car has already done 72000 kms.

If you would really love to keep you can initiate process of transferring the car to another state, but it will be a lengthy, time consuming & frustrating process.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 21st March 2013 at 21:28.
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks