Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 23:27   #6916
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Any idea on the best price for a 2009 Model Nissan Xtrail ( old shape, 2.2 Liter Engine ) in Chennai...The car has done less than 50k kms , Black and is PY registration .
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:39   #6917
BHPian

Hello everyone. I have been on the lookout for an auto sedan. I have come across a Vento AT, which has less than 4k on the odo. The downside of the car is that it already has 2 owners and I would be the third.

This deal has been brought to me by a broker who we have dealt with for the past decade and a half. So I tend to believe him when he says the car is in perfect running condition. The 1st owner upgraded his car within a year of purchase and the 2nd owner who currently has the car is moving out of the country.

But I'll still have to do my own homework. Other than checking with the insurance company and a paid inspection at a VW workshop + the standard PDI checklist, is there anything specific w.r.t. the Vento auto that I should be on the lookout for?

Our broker is against the purchase on the grounds that 5 years down the line a 4th owner euro petrol auto will fetch less than 1L. I don't consider that much as a downer as I intend to run the car for at least 7 years. The seller has indicated a price of between 5-6 lakhs.

What would be a fair price since i will be a 3rd owner? Is this deal worth getting into?
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:56   #6918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
This deal has been brought to me by a broker who we have dealt with for the past decade and a half. So I tend to believe him when he says the car is in perfect running condition. The 1st owner upgraded his car within a year of purchase and the 2nd owner who currently has the car is moving out of the country.

But I'll still have to do my own homework. Other than checking with the insurance company and a paid inspection at a VW workshop + the standard PDI checklist, is there anything specific w.r.t. the Vento auto that I should be on the lookout for?

Our broker is against the purchase on the grounds that 5 years down the line a 4th owner euro petrol auto will fetch less than 1L. I don't consider that much as a downer as I intend to run the car for at least 7 years. The seller has indicated a price of between 5-6 lakhs.

What would be a fair price since i will be a 3rd owner? Is this deal worth getting into?
Even before you start negotiating or even look at the car, try to get a printout of the service history.

Is the car still covered under warranty? Get the car checked from VW workshop, mainly for the Mileage and any signs of Accident repair. Also, when you are at VW workshop, try to compare the wear and tear of interiors, mainly Steering wheels and gear knob to cars with similar mileage on the odo. Manufacturing date and condition of tires might also be helpful.

I have no idea about the value of the car.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:02   #6919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post

Is the car still covered under warranty?
Yes it is. The car is 12-14 months old and VW have 2 year standard warranty on their cars.

Also is it possible to opt for extended warranty now?
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:10   #6920
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is. The car is 12-14 months old and VW have 2 year standard warranty on their cars.

Also is it possible to opt for extended warranty now?
If the car is under warranty, there is not much to fear, except tampered odo or accidental or any other kind of damage.

AFAIK with VW/Skoda you can opt for extended warranty if till the car is covered under standard warranty, check with VW guys.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:19   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. I have been on the lookout for an auto sedan. I have come across a Vento AT, which has less than 4k on the odo. The downside of the car is that it already has 2 owners and I would be the third.

Follow what anshuman has advised you. If it qualifies and you need this car then take it. Resale is relatively bad and do not pay anything more than 4.5-4.75 just to cut your losses in the long term. At that price you have nothing to loose if you keep it for next 7 years by then 3 owners will not matter. Remember such cars are hard to come by. Good luck.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:52   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
You are really hooked on to this car is see aren't you, which is good very few of us get what we want. BTW battery change in just 2 yrs is too early for a petrol car, try to know why. And what are you paying for it.
Thanks! Owner had left the car unused for about 6 months! all services were done at the A$$.

Oh well its too late now! she is home with me
Old 23rd March 2013, 23:04   #6923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow

Thanks! Owner had left the car unused for about 6 months! all services were done at the A$$.

Hey congrats thats a great buy I must say provided you keep the car for about 7years which is a long time and the depreciating factor too will be low over a period of 7years. Afterall it's only on paper that your the third owner but you have got a brand spanky new car with hardly 6k on the ODO. What's the price you got it at finally?
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 09:46   #6924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Hey congratulation. A longterm ownership of this car will be fun. What with so many different avatars you can experiment with. You can mod this car and leave behind dozens of vtechs in your dust trail. And not to forget will break your bank too.
Old 24th March 2013, 10:42   #6925
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all your tips and guidance, guys. I helped my non-petrolhead friend sell his 2008 (July) i10 Magna 1.1 (~30,000 km) in Chennai for Rs. 2.45 lacs to a dealer.

The car was in very good condition and he could have probably got a few thousand rupees more if he sold it to a private buyer. But he was in a real hurry as he had to move to the Middle-East on job duties. This was the best deal we could get from the established dealers in Chennai and he got the DD almost immediately while completing the transfer formalities.

Last edited by RSR : 24th March 2013 at 11:05.
Old 24th March 2013, 22:17   #6926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hey congrats thats a great buy I must say provided you keep the car for about 7years which is a long time and the depreciating factor too will be low over a period of 7years. Afterall it's only on paper that your the third owner but you have got a brand spanky new car with hardly 6k on the ODO. What's the price you got it at finally?
I am the second owner! close to 5.6L thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 11:28   #6927
BHPian

How much can one expect for a single Owner August 2007 Verna CRDI SX ABS model that has run for 78,000 km in Hyderabad. We have recently changed all the suspensions, tires, Clutch and AC Evaporator Coil. All the servicing was done at Authorized Service Center. Body condition is good with minor scratches and one small dent.
Old 26th March 2013, 09:36   #6928
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

After running around sonata embera and hond accords, just found a Jan 2007 BMW 320i done 28500 kms. Asking price is 12.95 lacs from the dealer. How much is the car worth? If i buy the car i plan to keep it for at least 5 - 7 years.

Was the 320i launched as the regular variant or as corporate edition back in 2006-07?
Old 26th March 2013, 10:16   #6929
BHPian

After running around sonata embera and hond accords, just found a Jan 2007 BMW 320i done 28500 kms. Asking price is 12.95 lacs from the dealer. How much is the car worth? If i buy the car i plan to keep it for at least 5 - 7 years.

Was the 320i launched as the regular variant or as corporate edition back in 2006-07?

Note from Support - Post moved to the appropriate thread. Please search and post in the relevant threads. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th March 2013 at 12:36.
Old 26th March 2013, 10:25   #6930
BHPian

A friend is looking for a pre owned diesel Punto in the NCR region. What should be the expected price range for a 2010 model emotion pack, with around 40K on the odo?

Most Viewed