Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 11:28   #6961
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtorque View Post
Feb 2011 Figo tdci Zxi - silver colour
Single owner. Valid comprehensive insurance. 30000kms
Till now I have negotiated till 4.25Lacs. What should be good price to buy this car?
Hello Ashtorque,

Rs. 4.25 lacs is indeed a good price to buy a Feb 2011 Ford Figo TDCI Zxi with 30000 kms on odo.

You may still try to negotiate, but I feel Rs. 4.25 lacs is really a good price as the car is well maintained & 30000 kms on a diesel is not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
1. Palio Stile 1.6, 2007 2. Palio Stile SDX, 2008 3. Punto Emotion Pack, late 2009, 50-60 k, 1st owner.
Hello HydroFuel,

Leaving aside the price / valuation of the cars you have mentioned, I will suggest to stay away from Fial Palio because spare parts are very costly & not available most of the times.
I your budget permits (after taking car loan) I will suggest to go for 2009 Punto. It is a wonderful car & will serve you trouble free for nws couple of years. Rs. 3.5 to Rs. 3.75 lacs will be good price for late 2009 Punto Diesel.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 11:34   #6962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Rs. 4.25 lacs is indeed a good price to buy a Feb 2011 Ford Figo TDCI Zxi with 30000 kms on odo.

You may still try to negotiate, but I feel Rs. 4.25 lacs is really a good price as the car is well maintained & 30000 kms on a diesel is not much.
Thanks Jignesh. I am trying to negotiate further. Meanwhile, I am wondering how much depreciation should I expect after 2 more years if I buy this used car. The car will be 4 year old then, it would have probably done 60k kms and I will be the second owner. Just in case if I had to sell it, how much would I fetch? I think it will be something like 2.75L. Not sure.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:36   #6963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Snake View Post
I have a TATA Safari Lx 4x2 2.2VTT in excellent condition
Hello RS,
You can expect around 4.6-4.8L, if you sell to a dealer & 4.9-5.25L if you sell to a pvt.buyer.
Better if you sell the ICE separately, or better, keep it aside for your next car. Ditto for Alloys.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Hi

My friend is looking to buy a used i20. For a i20 diesel asta 2010 model which has run 35000 km, he has been quoted 5.5l.
Hello Arvind,
5.5L seems like a very good price. If the mechanicals are strong & the odo's not tampered, then grab it quickly. Reverse sensors & bluetooth can be added later on. Just to sweeten the deal,see if the price can be reduced to 5.25L.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Feb 2011 Figo tdci Zxi - silver colour
Single owner. Valid comprehensive insurance.
30000kms
Hello AT,
4.25L seems like a fair price. I hope this includes the transfer & other charges. Although, if you look hard, you can get the Titanium model of the same vintage for around 4.5L. For 25K's more, you get the safety of ABS & Airbags.
Do consider it.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Hi - I looked at a Corolla H4 Dec 2004 petrol Automatic that's run 55K, being offered by a Toyota showroom's used car division in Chennai.
Hello ib,
55k's in 9 years?! That's too low, even for an AT car. Something seems fishy. You said that the spare tire is new,right? Check if it is the original tire that came with the car. If not then then the odo's tampered & the car has done more than 55k's.
Also you mentioned, that the tire has uneven wear. This points to a minor problem like alignment issue to a major problem like suspension issue. Do check it thoroughly.
Avoid the car & look elsewhere.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
How much should one pay for following if condition is good-
1. Palio Stile 1.6, 2007, km not known (if around 50000 with little suspension issue), Red color, 1st owner, quoted 160 k
2. Palio Stile SDX, 2008, 70k km, 2nd owner, quoted 225k
3. Punto Emotion Pack, late 2009, 50-60 k, 1st owner.
Hello HF,
Go for the Punto. It will be easier to maintain than the Palio. Bring the price to around 3.5L.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 11:41   #6964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello RS,
4.25L seems like a fair price. I hope this includes the transfer & other charges. Although, if you look hard, you can get the Titanium model of the same vintage for around 4.5L. For 25K's more, you get the safety of ABS & Airbags.
Do consider it.
Hi Varun

I have been looking for a Titanium model on the websites but there is nothing available below 5+L. I really dont want to go to any dealer.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:44   #6965
BHPian

I have a 2005 tata indigo GLX, 25K kms only, excellent condition. Car is MH-01 registered, but currently in Bangalore.

How easy/difficult for me to sell this car in Bangalore and how much I can expect. I want to buy a AT sedan (not finalized which one).

Whether some dealers will be ready to take this car while buying a new one?
Old 1st April 2013, 11:50   #6966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
I am getting a BMW 5 series with the below mentioned specs :
Year - 2010 (new shape)
Model - 525 D
Mileage - 10000 kms only
Colour - White
registeration - Delhi
Owner - 1
what should be the price i should offer for the same.
Hi Sid, I'm not quite sure of used car prices in Delhi but I hope this can help you out in negotiating its price - my friend recently bought a used 525d (2011 model, done 9000kms) with the rear entertainment package in Kochi for 38L. Note that BSI wasn't taken for this car.
Old 1st April 2013, 12:02   #6967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Hi Sid, I'm not quite sure of used car prices in Delhi but I hope this can help you out in negotiating its price - my friend recently bought a used 525d (2011 model, done 9000kms) with the rear entertainment package in Kochi for 38L. Note that BSI wasn't taken for this car.
Is that the going price for a 525d in Kochi or was it a case of somebody knowing somebody. That is quite a fall in price for a 9000 km one year old BMW.
On the other hand what should be a good price for a used montero (~35000 km) in kerala (single owner)?
Old 1st April 2013, 13:04   #6968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Is that the going price for a 525d in Kochi or was it a case of somebody knowing somebody. That is quite a fall in price for a 9000 km one year old BMW.
That IS the going price of a 525d in Kochi. Well, to be specific, the owner bought the car during mid-2011 and sold it when it was a year and a half old, approximately. He supposedly bought it for 44L, based on what I heard. This translates to a loss of about 4L per year for him. A new 525d would cost around 52L in Kochi (assuming a discount of at least 2L). This doesn't look like a bad deal for both, the buyer and the seller according to me.
275BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 13:43   #6969
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Varun

I have been looking for a Titanium model on the websites but there is nothing available below 5+L. I really dont want to go to any dealer.
Hello AT,
Dealer cars are not all that bad. You just need to scrutinize thoroughly. 2 examples that I found on the net:-
1 - http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-figo-D420147/

2 - http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-figo-D425476/

Kindly note that I'm no way connected to these dealers. Do your homework properly before going ahead.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
I have a 2005 tata indigo GLX, 25K kms only, excellent condition. Car is MH-01 registered, but currently in Bangalore.

How easy/difficult for me to sell this car in Bangalore and how much I can expect. I want to buy a AT sedan (not finalized which one).

Whether some dealers will be ready to take this car while buying a new one?
Hello ambadan,
You can expect 0.75-1.0L for your Indigo, in Mumbai.In Banglore you can expect around 1.5L. You will not have a problem in selling your car in Bangalore,but the issue is dealers will try to further bring down the price citing transfer charges (from Mumbai RTO to Bangy RTO).

IMO,see the difference in price & transfer charges in both cities & take a call accordingly.

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 1st April 2013 at 13:46.
Old 1st April 2013, 16:40   #6970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am wondering how much depreciation should I expect after 2 more years if I buy this used car. The car will be 4 year old then, it would have probably done 60k kms and I will be the second owner. I think it will be something like 2.75L. Not sure.
Hello Ashtorque,

The current User Car market scenario is not predictable. Used Diesel Cars are currently selling at a premium because of subsidized Diesel (even after the recent price hikes, Diesel is still Rs. 20 cheaper than Petrol).

Now going by current economic scenario it is difficult to predict what would be Diesel prices after two years. If the to be government decides to totally free Diesel prices, used Petrol & Diesel car prices will be almost similar 7 premium on Diesel cars would vanish. But say in future, if the price difference between Petrol & Diesel is more than Rs. 15 you can definitely expect Rs. 3 lacs for your car, if it is still well maintained.

Thanks,
Old 1st April 2013, 17:09   #6971

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello ib,
55k's in 9 years?! That's too low, even for an AT car. Something seems fishy. You said that the spare tire is new,right? Check if it is the original tire that came with the car. If not then then the odo's tampered & the car has done more than 55k's.
Also you mentioned, that the tire has uneven wear. This points to a minor problem like alignment issue to a major problem like suspension issue. Do check it thoroughly.
Avoid the car & look elsewhere.
Hi Varun - Thanks for the note. Lanson Toyota Used Car Division Manager claims this is a genuine 55K with full service history. The spare tyre is the original one, as are all other parts in the car.

I read in another thread that the 2004 Corolla has the problem of uneven tyre wear - I specifically looked for it and there it was, in this vehicle too! I rode it earlier today and it was smooth - no rattles in the short 10 min ride, though I heard a kind of continuous hum in the background(audio unit switched off). I wonder if it's just that I am used to my Santro's engine sound and the Corolla sings a different tune! Probably ATs have a low whine. I hope it doesn't indicate some deeper problem. The accompanying driver and sales person were oblivious to this sound.

Have been offered a 25K discount with a general service, water wash and a wax polish thrown in. Also feel more comfortable taking it from an authorised Toyota dealer with the assumption that there would be very little risk of any hanky-panky...

So 3 Lacs for a Corolla 1.8G H4 Automatic petrol 55,000 KM Y2004 Dec - With my usage too being less than 10,000 KM/yr I am inclined to go ahead unless the Gurus here forbid it.
Old 1st April 2013, 17:23   #6972
BHPian

i am being offered a honda city 2008 model 10th anniversary edition with 50000 kms on the odo for 4 lakhs, previously owned by two people.
is it a fair price??
Old 1st April 2013, 17:36   #6973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
i am being offered a honda city 2008 model 10th anniversary edition with 50000 kms on the odo for 4 lakhs, previously owned by two people.
is it a fair price??
Hello IC,
IMO, this car is way too overpriced. Since it's a two owner car, I would pay max 3-3.25L for it. Do remember that the current City may get replaced by a new car in 2014. So the value for this car may plummet further.

Regards,
Varun
Old 1st April 2013, 18:56   #6974
BHPian

Thanks a lot PowerTrain.Even I am looking at a similar pprice point of 3-3.25L.Any other reliable car that you would suggest.
Old 1st April 2013, 19:17   #6975
Distinguished - BHPian

What should be the ideal price for 2001 Santro LE (No power steering) One of friend is selling and my other friend is interested in buying
- 2nd Owner
- 73k on odo (Genuine)
- Green Color with few scratches
- Head lamps changed recently to Zip plus type (No damage, old ones went dull and light intensity was not good)
- No added accessories except for a basic Pioneer HU and 4 speakers) & Autocop Remote locking.
- Insurance for another 6 months
- Serviced 2000km ago
- Tyres should last for another 15k km
- Engine is smooth and could do 100+kmph sppeds without any struggle.

Problems:
- FE : current FE (70% city & 30% highway) is around 12kmpl is this normal for Santro?
- Too much rattle noise

As of now no quote from seller and no offer from buyer. Both are awaiting my feedback.
Reason for sale: Getting a new Sedan
Reason to buy: To learn driving

Should I quote 90k INR?

Most Viewed