Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 20:22   #6976
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I have a 2003 Ford Ikon 1.6 SXI ROCAM (fully loaded with alloy wheels, fog lamps, defogger)

Kms done : 52000
Insurance valid till Jan 2014
Second owner

Car is in an excellent condition and how much can i expect for this? is 60k a fair price?
Old 2nd April 2013, 00:31   #6977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
What should be the ideal price for 2001 Santro LE (No power steering) One of friend is selling and my other friend is interested in buying
- 2nd Owner
- 73k on odo (Genuine)
- Green Color with few scratches
- Head lamps changed recently to Zip plus type (No damage, old ones went dull and light intensity was not good)
- No added accessories except for a basic Pioneer HU and 4 speakers) & Autocop Remote locking.
- Insurance for another 6 months
- Serviced 2000km ago
- Tyres should last for another 15k km
- Engine is smooth and could do 100+kmph sppeds without any struggle.

Problems:
- FE : current FE (70% city & 30% highway) is around 12kmpl is this normal for Santro?
- Too much rattle noise

As of now no quote from seller and no offer from buyer. Both are awaiting my feedback.
Reason for sale: Getting a new Sedan
Reason to buy: To learn driving

Should I quote 90k INR?
Getting those rattles checked (probably just need to have the doors adjusted) and the engine decarbonised would go a long way in forming the other guys impression on the car but I still doubt that you can sell a basic 2001 santro for anything above 70k someone please correct me if I am wrong here
Old 2nd April 2013, 07:26   #6978
BHPian

What would be the ideal price for March 2011 Punto 90 hp with 18000 km on Odo in chennai?
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:11   #6979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
I suggest you to check with 3-4 used car dealers. That will give you an idea of the range. Also, call cartrade.com people. They will com and valuate your car. That should give you the broad price range available in the market.

It is the general trend that i have seen in Delhi for this car. I am guessing you got a better quote outside of delhi.
Yes sir . Was quoted at Trivandrum.

My friend's Honda City ZXi was sold for 2.8lac. It was 2007 model.

Also, know a friends' friend who got a 2.2 VX 4x4 for 6.35lac ! 2009 Dec model Safari!
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:05   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Thanks a lot PowerTrain.Even I am looking at a similar pprice point of 3-3.25L.Any other reliable car that you would suggest.
Hello IC,
IMO, if you're looking for reliability,stick to Japanese cars. City is a good car. But the problem is that the City you are looking at is out of production. So spares will get costlier, if you're planning to keep for long term.

The other option that I would check out is the SX4. The SX4 is in production,the reliability is proven & the second hand prices are quite mouth watering too. If you look hard, you can get a great car @ around 3.75L.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
What should be the ideal price for 2001 Santro LE (No power steering) One of friend is selling and my other friend is interested in buying
Hello Mr.B,

Considering the fact that the prices in South India are more than the rest of India,0.70-0.75L seems like a fair price for this car. In Mumbai however, the max the car would have got is 0.40-0.50L.
Consider yourself lucky that the car delivers 12kmpl. My 2000 Santro gave a max 11-11.5 kmpl in city.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
I have a 2003 Ford Ikon 1.6 SXI ROCAM (fully loaded with alloy wheels, fog lamps, defogger)
Hello RB,
Quote a price of around 0.80-0.90L & finalise the deal @ around 0.60-0.75L.

Piece of Advice - If the car's in great condition, why sell it!! This car has the fun-to-drive factor like no other!! I still remember the first time I drove my friend's Sxi for the first time, back in my college days.It blew my pants off !!!
I sincerely suggest you to keep it as a weekend car.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
What would be the ideal price for March 2011 Punto 90 hp with 18000 km on Odo in chennai?
Hello Marlon,
The ideal price would be around the 6L mark. BTW, are you buying or selling?
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 2nd April 2013 at 11:06.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:25   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello Marlon,
The ideal price would be around the 6L mark. BTW, are you buying or selling?
Regards,
Varun
I am planning to buy. The owner is moving out of the country
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:26   #6982
tez
BHPian

is used tata safari 2.2 a good option hearing the stories of Tata A.S.S
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:10   #6983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
is used tata safari 2.2 a good option hearing the stories of Tata A.S.S
Strictly from a product perspective, it's a good option as long as you understand the dynamics of an SUV and are accomodating towards a relative lack of refinement as compared to sedans in the same budget. I am not an authority on this, but read somewhere on team bhp that post 2010 models had most niggling issues resolved. I've myself driven a Dec 2011 Safari for 15K km's till date(including a trip to Leh), very impressed with the vehicle. No rattles or failures so far, touch wood.

Service interval being 15K KM's, you wont have to deal with the Tata chaps quite often if everything goes ok. Rest, I guess you can check from the forum how good/bad the Tata service centers around your town are.

Last edited by avisidhu : 2nd April 2013 at 14:14.
avisidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2013, 19:55   #6984
BHPian

Quote:

Hello RB,
Quote a price of around 0.80-0.90L & finalise the deal @ around 0.60-0.75L.

Piece of Advice - If the car's in great condition, why sell it!! This car has the fun-to-drive factor like no other!! I still remember the first time I drove my friend's Sxi for the first time, back in my college days.It blew my pants off !!!
I sincerely suggest you to keep it as a weekend car.

Regards,
Varun
Giving it to one of my friend for 60k now. People were ready to buy my car for 80k also, but friends you know

I am relocating to chennai from mumbai, wanted to take this car with me but my family thinks otherwise. Just like you said its a great fun car. My dad has an ikon 1.3 back home too, but 1.6 is a class apart.

I am planing to buy the fluidic verna 1.6 sx after going to chennai. hope i dont feel bad coming from ford to a hyundai!

Thanks for your advice!

Regards,
Gopinath.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:28   #6985

The deal's done.
From a Santro XL yr2006 (61K km) to a Corolla H4 1.8G AT yr2004(55K km) at an incremental price of Rs. 1.5 lacs (+ 22K for 4 new Bridgestone Potenza tyres). I hope this is a good deal.

The delivery(swap) is this Friday. Higher segment @ higher maintenance costs, here I come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
Hi Varun - Thanks for the note. Lanson Toyota Used Car Division Manager claims this is a genuine 55K with full service history. The spare tyre is the original one, as are all other parts in the car.

I read in another thread that the 2004 Corolla has the problem of uneven tyre wear - I specifically looked for it and there it was, in this vehicle too! I rode it earlier today and it was smooth - no rattles in the short 10 min ride, though I heard a kind of continuous hum in the background(audio unit switched off). I wonder if it's just that I am used to my Santro's engine sound and the Corolla sings a different tune! Probably ATs have a low whine. I hope it doesn't indicate some deeper problem. The accompanying driver and sales person were oblivious to this sound.

Have been offered a 25K discount with a general service, water wash and a wax polish thrown in. Also feel more comfortable taking it from an authorised Toyota dealer with the assumption that there would be very little risk of any hanky-panky...

So 3 Lacs for a Corolla 1.8G H4 Automatic petrol 55,000 KM Y2004 Dec - With my usage too being less than 10,000 KM/yr I am inclined to go ahead unless the Gurus here forbid it.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:33   #6986
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Tata Indica Turbo 2007 model for 1.65 Lakhs with odo reading 24,000 Kms GENUINE.
Old 3rd April 2013, 21:54   #6987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I still doubt that you can sell a basic 2001 santro for anything above 70k
Quote:
Hello Mr.B,

Considering the fact that the prices in South India are more than the rest of India,0.70-0.75L seems like a fair price for this car.
Thanks guys,
Deal is over, for 75k.
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:05   #6988
BHPian

Saw this classified in the newspaper, reminded me of Harjeev's and Khan Sultan sir's Land Cruiser. As a matter of fact, embassy vehicles have the reputation of superb maintenance and genuine clicks on the ODO. Might be of some help for the used capable SUV searchers.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-imag0279.jpg

P.S: Interested buyers may factor in the cost of registration and the point that this vehicle cannot be registered in Delhi and NCR region (not being BS IV complaint vehicle) while putting their quotes.
Old 4th April 2013, 00:31   #6989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Saw this classified in the newspaper, reminded me of Harjeev's and Khan Sultan sir's Land Cruiser. As a matter of fact, embassy vehicles have the reputation of superb maintenance and genuine clicks on the ODO. Might be of some help for the used capable SUV searchers.

P.S: Interested buyers may factor in the cost of registration and the point that this vehicle cannot be registered in Delhi and NCR region (not being BS IV complaint vehicle) while putting their quotes.
Please be informed before buying Embassy vehicles, because they are imported duty free. If general public is buying ministry of external affairs' permission has to be sought and appropriate import duty has to be paid at the port of Clearance.
Old 4th April 2013, 08:40   #6990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabsi View Post
The deal's done.
From a Santro XL yr2006 (61K km) to a Corolla H4 1.8G AT yr2004(55K km) at an incremental price of Rs. 1.5 lacs (+ 22K for 4 new Bridgestone Potenza tyres). I hope this is a good deal.

The delivery(swap) is this Friday. Higher segment @ higher maintenance costs, here I come.
Hey congrats, you won't go wrong with a Toyota after all. I know of a friend who has a similar model corolla. He has clocked more than 1.5lakh km and is still going strong. The routine maintenance costs are very nominal unless you change stuff like rear view mirrors or fog lamps or tyres. The fuel efficiency is also outstanding, if driven well you can expect 15-16 on highway and 10-11 in the city on manual, with AT it should be 15-20% off I guess. Keep posting back on tbhp your experience after the buy.

Last edited by vishnugs : 4th April 2013 at 08:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks